Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

gogglebok wrote: »
    Steven is cool. They should give him a story.
    "today steven is pulling a pint and the glass breaks.. dun dun dun reene to the rescuse, recommends tourlugh to steven, so steven can put his mind at rest the glass past without pain into the other world" >.< its fair city anything is possible

Louie isn't really a businessman. He's just playing a very detailed Virtual Monopoly. He's going to be furious when he takes the headset off and sees what he owns.
    louie " DAMN IT NO FAIR, i aint playing anymore, i waned to be the shoe :(*

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

i love how bob was with louis the other night, ahaha, louis tries so hard :pac:

steven is the greatest ever. his name doesn't come up in the credits so i can't send fanmail :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

havent noticed stephen yet............is he of the same ilk as leo ?

oscars are over so leo should be back soon.
    he must be disappointed to missout on best actor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

havent noticed stephen yet............is he of the same ilk as leo ?

oscars are over so leo should be back soon.
    he must be disappointed to missout on best actor

But did he miss out? It seems pretty clear that Sean Penn is really Leo in disguise. "Hey, we've got to have equal rights for everyone, OK? Listen to Leo. I'm your brother."

Heath Ledger was obviously Terence.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Fair City stars Bryan Murray and Una Crawford O'Brien who play Bob Charles and Renee Phelan have been axed from the long running soap.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/longserving-fair-city-stars-axed-as-actors-fear-more-cuts-may-follow-1650083.html

Finally Christy will have to accept she's gone and he can move on to Carol

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

i think this new director is a ridiculous fool, always did
    this is fair city, an irish soap opera by the rte... and they want to 'take it in a new direction'
    this is crazy stuff! she's delusional, for goodness sake

Meller wrote: »
    i think this new director is a ridiculous fool, always did
    this is fair city, an irish soap opera by the rte... and they want to 'take it in a new direction'
    this is crazy stuff! she's delusional, for goodness sake

I wouldn't go that far, but losing Bob is a big mistake. He's one of the best things in it at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 LemonLyman

We get so few opportunities in this life to actively involve ourselves in a worthy campaign against injustice. I want the finest BRING BACK BOB bumper stickers available to humanity. I want them here, and I want them now!

i have been one of the biggest 'poker of fun / riducule ' of the soap 'stars' bit of a laugh dont ya know...........but...................actually bryan murray is probably the most credible actor in fair city. he could fit into any soap and look the part. there must be a reason if he is going cos they couldnt be that blind.

i love the highly sensitive / private 'negotiations' at the 'chipper'.............classic.

• Advertisement

i have been one of the biggest 'poker of fun / riducule ' of the soap 'stars' bit of a laugh dont ya know...........but...................actually bryan murray is probably the most credible actor in fair city. he could fit into any soap and look the part. there must be a reason if he is going cos they couldnt be that blind.

I fear your Poker of Fun.... :eek:

The Herald article talks about cuts. Maybe it's an economic thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

according to Bryan Murray on todays "The Afternoon Show" they are not being axed; they are just going to be out of the show for a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

I hope they aren't making this Turlough tosser a permanent character.

Tago Mago wrote: »
    I hope they aren't making this Turlough tosser a permanent character.

I've got mixed feelings about Turlough. He's a smarmy creep, and he literally makes me scream at the telly. But Fair City is really short of villains. I thought Yvonne was going to be a great bitch, but she hasn't done anything nasty. Louis is promising, I guess, but buying shops isn't very exciting.

Turlough looks like he'd kick you in the face if you pushed him, and give you a lecture on the way down. They really need that. Even Carol is nicey nicey now. It gets boring.

Epicurus wrote: »
    according to Bryan Murray on todays "The Afternoon Show" they are not being axed; they are just going to be out of the show for a long time.

Imagine the meeting where they told him that. "Oh, it's nothing to worry about, Bob, heh heh. You're not axed, as such. You're just going away for a while."

"How long?"

Tumbleweed blows across the director's office. His fingers reach for the secret trapdoor button.

"I said How loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong!"

Splash!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

...............actually bryan murray is probably the most credible actor in fair city.

Have to disagree. The scenery on FC does be in tatters after he's been chewing on it. He seems to have gone to the Barry O'Hanlon school of acting.

Loved Stephen tonight. Not one, but TWO lines. Although, one of them was just 'Bob!'

marie_85 wrote: »

Loved Stephen tonight. Not one, but TWO lines. Although, one of them was just 'Bob!'

its not easy to say 'bob' give him a break.

marie_85 wrote: »

I just watched this. What a brilliant episode. Not only Steven, but that scene with Bob clearing the pub was fantastic. "My wife is sorry to say her boyfriend won't sleep with her any more!"

They won't get rid of him. He will end up with Carol or someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

:P
    "My wife is sorry to say her boyfriend won't sleep with her any more!"
    fiance not wife, lol :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Lads, do any of the residents of Carrigstown own a pet - I've been racking my brains out here for ages and cant think of a single pet owner in the show

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

deelite wrote: »
    Lads, do any of the residents of Carrigstown own a pet - I've been racking my brains out here for ages and cant think of a single pet owner in the show

Owen, Geraldines son used to have a dog. But i think the dog had to stay with Ken because he had a garden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

deelite wrote: »

:D:DLOL!!:D:D I actually never realised! But now you mention it! Carrickstown is an animal free zone!! ......No!! Thinking about it! No animals to my knowledge have been even seen!!

At last the Turlough storyline has clicked into gear! it took a while,but tonights episode has really got me excited. I'm actually sitting in work, and for the first time we are all talking about "Tonight's fair City" rather than "did you see last nights Fair City".

Not sure what to make of Louie. Glad to hear Bob isnt being axed! I find him very funny!

Leo!!!! Where are you???? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

Is anyone watching!? the spirit of bobs son coming through Turlough, :eek: very very weird!!!!!!!!!!

this episode is crazy !!

soooooo stupid, yet funneh to watch :pac:!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

emo!! wrote: »
    this episode is crazy !!

It was car-crash tv, couldn't help watching!!!

Maybe Turlough will go now, I hope?

Bob is a brilliant actor despite this storyline, too good for this soap..

emo!! wrote: »
    this episode is crazy !!

i can't figure out if turlough is for real or if he's a conman.

did do a big act though of figuring out that larry drowned, when he already knew this already, didn't he, cos una told him, after the priest told her??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Msfc

Oh stop, had to put it on mute a few times, i was so embarassed for them! Turlough is making it all up isnt he?

Msfc wrote: »
    Turlough is making it all up isnt he?

i hadn't thought so, but now i think you might be right.

Alessandra wrote: »
    It was car-crash tv, couldn't help watching!!!

Maybe Turlough will go now, I hope?

Bob is a brilliant actor despite this storyline, too good for this soap..

yeah prolly why they're axing him tbh!:P

was the worst episode in a long time! , i hope turlough goes now also
    Zippie84 wrote: »
    i can't figure out if turlough is for real or if he's a conman.

did do a big act though of figuring out that larry drowned, when he already knew this already, didn't he, cos una told him, after the priest told her??

ah i think everything he said tonight could oh been easliy found out.. or made up , like the larry child talking through him

• Advertisement

Ok, that was weird.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement