Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

JP Liz wrote: »
    What happened Kylie's mother? Is she dead also?

I don't think so, she left Dominic some years ago I believe.. wonder will she come into Fair City now?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I thought Kylie's mother was in FC when Kylie joined. I seem to remember Dominic sorting out finances with her after they split up. She was in a couple of episodes, I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

jos28 wrote: »
    I thought Kylie's mother was in FC when Kylie joined. I seem to remember Dominic sorting out finances with her after they split up. She was in a couple of episodes, I think.

Kylie never talks about her. I think she died a few years back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Fair City website competition number 7

This month we have five copies of 20 years in Carrigstown to give away.

0002d433-545.jpg

To be in with chance to win a copy answer the following question...
    Leo has a daughter, what is her name?
    What with it being Christmas we have five copies of the 20 Years in Carrigstown to giveaway.
    'When Fair City started in 1989, the series originally focused on four families: The O'Hanlon's, The Kellys, The Clarkes and The Corcorans. During the 1990's the Phelan, Doyle and Molloy families were introduced and dominated storylines for that decade. The Halpin family was gradually introduced in early 2000's, but since then the show's focus has shifted to individual characters more than family groupings, and has grown to include the wider community of Carrigstown. In Carrigstown murder, mystery and suspense are everyday events.'

20 Years in Carrigstown is available to buy in Tesco, Golden Discs and HMV stores nationwide.
    To enter the competition..
    . Send an email to faircity@rte.ie
    . Please put Competition No. 7 in the subject line
    . In your email, tell us your answer
    . And don't forget to include your name and full postal address
    Only one answer per person will be entered in the draw
    Closing date: Saturday January 2nd 2010. The correct answer will be published on the webiste on Monday January 4th 2010. The name of the winner will be published with the correct answer. If you prefer not to have your name published, please let us know in your email.

The Fair City Website looks forward to receiving your entries!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭riverstick

Epicurus wrote: »
    Fair City website competition number 7

This month we have five copies of 20 years in Carrigstown to give away.

0002d433-545.jpg

To be in with chance to win a copy answer the following question...
    Leo has a daughter, what is her name?
    What with it being Christmas we have five copies of the 20 Years in Carrigstown to giveaway.
    'When Fair City started in 1989, the series originally focused on four families: The O'Hanlon's, The Kellys, The Clarkes and The Corcorans. During the 1990's the Phelan, Doyle and Molloy families were introduced and dominated storylines for that decade. The Halpin family was gradually introduced in early 2000's, but since then the show's focus has shifted to individual characters more than family groupings, and has grown to include the wider community of Carrigstown. In Carrigstown murder, mystery and suspense are everyday events.'

20 Years in Carrigstown is available to buy in Tesco, Golden Discs and HMV stores nationwide.
    To enter the competition..
    . Send an email to faircity@rte.ie
    . Please put Competition No. 7 in the subject line
    . In your email, tell us your answer
    . And don't forget to include your name and full postal address
    Only one answer per person will be entered in the draw
    Closing date: Saturday January 2nd 2010. The correct answer will be published on the webiste on Monday January 4th 2010. The name of the winner will be published with the correct answer. If you prefer not to have your name published, please let us know in your email.

The Fair City Website looks forward to receiving your entries!

whats the answer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

riverstick wrote: »
    whats the answer

Dont be so lazy. A true fan would know!

Google it:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I'm not buying into the Dean/Tracey storyline now at all. Dean is turning into a gutless prat - not Tracey's type at all.

deelite wrote: »
    I'm not buying into the Dean/Tracey storyline now at all. Dean is turning into a gutless prat - not Tracey's type at all.

Yeah me either. I would have just told him to get lost by now. :D

Whats Tracey's type. I am sure she has been with many different types.

Deise Tom wrote: »

I just get the impression, she wouldn't allow herself to be walked all over and to be strung along like Dean is doing. She should kick him to the curb. She to me anyway, seems head strong and wouldn't stand for the crap he is telling her. He is being a coward and I don't know anyone that would act like he is doing.

I wouldn't stand for it. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

tintinr35 wrote: »
    I hate the way they just drop storylines after about two weeks, then another one starts and lasts for about two weeks and it is dropped again and totally forgetten about. WTF is the story with that kylie one, did her da not used to beat the Fcuk out of her and now they are bessie mates.
    everyone has totally forgotten about the whole floyd heather thing now...... ah fair city i suppose its consistantly bad if nothing else!!

the acting is that bad in it that ya have to watch the crap rubbish from rte.

patwicklow wrote: »
    the acting is that bad in it that ya have to watch the crap rubbish from rte.

Oh yeah of course! our yearly visitors who come to slate the acting :D It does amuse me :D:D Is your "axe fair city" thread failed LOL

angel01 wrote: »
    Oh yeah of course! our yearly visitors who come to slate the acting :D It does amuse me :D:D Is your "axe fair city" thread failed LOL

lol one of the cast is a friend of mine and he even said it, 75% of them cant act now lets be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

I just get the impression, she wouldn't allow herself to be walked all over and to be strung along like Dean is doing. She should kick him to the curb. She to me anyway, seems head strong and wouldn't stand for the crap he is telling her. He is being a coward and I don't know anyone that would act like he is doing.

I wouldn't stand for it. :D

Yeah, they have kind of ruined the storyline. The last 2 weeks have been Dean trying to break up with Kylie and failing. How many times can they have him doing that? The storyline was a stretch at first tbh, I found it hard to buy that Dean would be attracted to Tracey. I always maintained that Cleo is the one for him, for 2 reasons. No. 1. They are by far the best looking male and female on the show and No 2. They are very similar characters i think. I did like the scenes with the iron and the Robert finding out scenario. It was entertaining. It has just fallen flat this week a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Appleblossom42

Just went to view the week's episodes on rte player but it isn't there. Surely they show their only soap? I'm positive I watched it there before. Anyone info on this?

Just went to view the week's episodes on rte player but it isn't there. Surely they show their only soap? I'm positive I watched it there before. Anyone info on this?

yeah i was wondering about that to.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

This explains all

MaryCat! wrote: »
    Yeah, they have kind of ruined the storyline. The last 2 weeks have been Dean trying to break up with Kylie and failing. How many times can they have him doing that? The storyline was a stretch at first tbh, I found it hard to buy that Dean would be attracted to Tracey. I always maintained that Cleo is the one for him, for 2 reasons. No. 1. They are by far the best looking male and female on the show and No 2. They are very similar characters i think. I did like the scenes with the iron and the Robert finding out scenario. It was entertaining. It has just fallen flat this week a bit.

Best looking female in the show by a mile, Carol.

Best looking female in the show by a mile, Carol.
    i agree shes a nice person in real life too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

patwicklow wrote: »
    i agree shes a nice person in real life too.

Wait till she finds out you've been slagging the acting on here. She'll be after you with a broken bottle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Dean tonight!!! What an absolute excuse for a man :eek: Really starting to hate him, never liked him anyway but kinda hoping he gets the clap shortly. what kinda excuse for a human buys someone an iron and wont just dump the girl. Treacys as bad, she should have more cop on.

I reckon this Avi lad is goina be a regular fixture. he seems grand.
    Glad pete got the laptop sorted anyway, the guy needs a break.

I may tune out next week, Ali and army dude. *yawn*

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Fair play to Damo for getting the money... He's fast becoming one of my favourite characters...

Not sure if this was posted before :)

Things are set to heat up for Fair City's Niamh Brennan in the coming weeks as tensions rise over her husband Paul's secret lovechild. Actress Clelia Murphy, who plays the cheated wife in Carrigstown, will find herself at the centre of a devastating Christmas storyline, with her husband of one year, Paul, deceiving her about his illegitimately conceived baby. And to make things worse, Niamh has had IVF treatment in a bid to have her own baby with Paul -- so far without success. During a night of passion, her husband bedded bitch Yvonne Doyle, resulting in an unplanned pregnancy.

Niamh now has her heart set on adopting the illegitimate child, something which will bring her world crashing down if the true identity of the baby's father emerges. "She has been through, and is still going through, huge heartbreak and I just don't know how much more her heart could take," Clelia said. "From where Niamh is looking, Yvonne just decided one day, 'Oh I want a baby', went and got a sperm donor and hey presto! Now she's pregnant. Niamh knows that Yvonne isn't going to be any good as a mother, so it seems the perfect solution that she should step in.

"My take on it, looking at the characters and their history, is that Yvonne wants out of the pregnancy," she added. However there is one stumbling block in her way, in the form of Yvonne's lesbian lover, Connie, who has the power to eventually turn both her life and her marriage upside down. "Niamh says that the adoption can't go ahead unless Connie is 100pc behind it. This may or may not be a stumbling block that shatters Niamh's chance of ever having a baby," said Clelia.

"She has tunnel vision at the moment. She wants a baby and will stop at nothing to get it. As far as she is concerned, Paul is 100pc behind her. "This is a man who has stood by her side while she buried her mother and took on her siblings. She actually feels embarrassed about ever doubting him," she told this week's RTE Guide.

It's been a difficult year for the longtime Carrigstown character, who buried her mother Gina last Christmas.The flame-haired beauty,who found love with Paul for the second time lastyear, married on New Year's Day, the same day her late mother was due to marry her partner Ray. Tragically for Niamh her beloved mother was struck down by a drunk driver en route to the wedding, leaving the young newlywed and her husband to take on the responsibility of rearing her siblings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Dean tonight!!! What an absolute excuse for a man :eek: Really starting to hate him, never liked him anyway but kinda hoping he gets the clap shortly. what kinda excuse for a human buys someone an iron and wont just dump the girl. Treacys as bad, she should have more cop on.

I reckon this Avi lad is goina be a regular fixture. he seems grand.
    Glad pete got the laptop sorted anyway, the guy needs a break.

I may tune out next week, Ali and army dude. *yawn*

Last week was pretty flat, wasn't it? They forgot to put the laughs in. Maybe the return of Keith will do something about that.

This week:

0002d555-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 201

Tuesday December 15th

Yvonne tries to lift Niamh's spirits but Connie soon puts a dampener on things.
    Lara asks Malachy for a reference, Dolores is less than impressed when he agrees to give her one.
    Colm returns and tries to make amends with Keith but that's not his only reason for being back.

0002d556-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 202

Wednesday December 16th

Malachy gives Lara some advice and she finally gets the break she is looking for.
    Paul and Niamh must swallow a bitter pill.
    Kylie needs to see Dean for the weed that he really is.

0002d54f-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 203

Thursday December 17th

Niamh breaks down with Connie and Yvonne. Connie tries to console her.
    Louie digs Dean out of a hole.
    Tracey eventually makes an effort to go to England with Kylie.

0002d554-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 204

Sunday December 20th

Dean and Tracey continue their affair under Kylie's nose.
    Carol has some words of warning for Ali.
    Dolores gets an unexpected visit from an old face.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Somebody who's able to take control of a situation.

I wonder will Kylie's mother head back for Domo's funeral. She may arrive late and pop into McCoy's for a swift gin and tonic - where she bangs into Dean who brings her back to his place for a nightcap. And then they meet officially at the funeral.....at least it wouldn't be a love triangle any more, it would be a love square.

I wonder will Kylie's mother head back for Domo's funeral. She may arrive late and pop into McCoy's for a swift gin and tonic - where she bangs into Dean who brings her back to his place for a nightcap. And then they meet officially at the funeral.....at least it wouldn't be a love triangle any more, it would be a love square.

By reading the above, it looks like Dominics funeral will be held in London?

0002d554-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 204

Sunday December 20th

Dean and Tracey continue their affair under Kylie's nose.
    Carol has some words of warning for Ali.
    Dolores gets an unexpected visit from an old face.

Tracey plays the grieving widow i see.

I think I saw someplace that the Funeral will take place in London, and that Tracey does not know if she should go or not.

• Advertisement

Tracey plays the grieving widow i see.

I know she fell out with Dominic but I would have thought she would have been at least a little upset but no, she is too preoccupied with Dean. Very unrealistic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement