Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I think I saw someplace that the Funeral will take place in London, and that Tracey does not know if she should go or not.

Another funeral that is held "off camera" :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

angel01 wrote: »
    I know she fell out with Dominic but I would have thought she would have been at least a little upset but no, she is too preoccupied with Dean. Very unrealistic.

I know you wont agree with me, but there is a lot of Unrealistic stories in Fair City.

I know you wont agree with me, but there is a lot of Unrealistic stories in Fair City.

In some ways I do agree, I think ok Dominic was abusive to Tracey but she not so long ago didn't want Dean and now all of a sudden, they are at it like Rabbits..:eek: How can she just switch off her feelings for Dominic and not give a damn that he is dead. Scriptwriters really need a rethink here.

In some ways I do agree, I think ok Dominic was abusive to Tracey but she not so long ago didn't want Dean and now all of a sudden, they are at it like Rabbits..:eek: How can she just switch off her feelings for Dominic and not give a damn that he is dead. Scriptwriters really need a rethink here.

LOL, good to see you agree with me, when i started posting about fair city and some of the stupid things that the script writers were getting up to you were giving out to me.

LOL, good to see you agree with me, when i started posting about fair city and some of the stupid things that the script writers were getting up to you were giving out to me.

lol. I like some things they do but other things they do just make me wonder what the hell are they thinking of :eek:

Some of the unrealistic plots for me:

Tracey/Dean
    Writing characters out/Misuse of characters
    Since getting Carol with Christy, forgetting about her friendship with Tracey
    Suzanne bullying Damian to get a job and then when he does, she gives out that he isn't spending Sunday with her :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

lol. I like some things they do but other things they do just make me wonder what the hell are they thinking of :eek:

Some of the unrealistic plots for me:

Tracey/Dean
    Writing characters out/Misuse of characters
    Since getting Carol with Christy, forgetting about her friendship with Tracey
    Suzanne bullying Damian to get a job and then when he does, she gives out that he isn't spending Sunday with her :rolleyes:

god huge plus 1 on the damo suzanne bit. he has his job a week and she says we never see ecah other FCUKING HELL.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I have to disagree with the points made about Tracey getting upset over Dominic's death. I think it's quite realistic that she couldn't give a crap about Dominic considering the circumstances. Plenty of people out there who actually wouldn't care if someone with whom they used to be close died... and a lot of cases would actually be glad...

I have to disagree with the points made about Tracey getting upset over Dominic's death. I think it's quite realistic that she couldn't give a crap about Dominic considering the circumstances. Plenty of people out there who actually wouldn't care if someone with whom they used to be close died... and a lot of cases would actually be glad...

then why the sudden turnaround with Dean? one minute she won't touch him and the next. There are plenty I have grown apart from but I would still be sad if they died. She seems to not care whatsoever about Kylie.

Where has Bob gone to :(

then why the sudden turnaround with Dean? one minute she won't touch him and the next. There are plenty I have grown apart from but I would still be sad if they died. She seems to not care whatsoever about Kylie.

The Dean/Tracey relationship is fair enough as well - people fall in and out of love all the time. You can have no interest in someone one minute and then suddenly start having feelings for them.
    As far as the Kylie thing goes, Tracey no sees Kylie as the one thing stopping her from being with Dean, so she's become resentful of her. Kylie seems to be one of those people who would get on your nerves very easily - if I had to spend as much time with her as Tracey and Dean do, I wouldn't care too much about her either.
    It's a harsh reality, but it's human nature...
    People will help other people out and look out for them, but at the end of the day, it's human nature to look out for number one... ie. yourself.

The Dean/Tracey relationship is fair enough as well - people fall in and out of love all the time. You can have no interest in someone one minute and then suddenly start having feelings for them.
    As far as the Kylie thing goes, Tracey no sees Kylie as the one thing stopping her from being with Dean, so she's become resentful of her. Kylie seems to be one of those people who would get on your nerves very easily - if I had to spend as much time with her as Tracey and Dean do, I wouldn't care too much about her either.
    It's a harsh reality, but it's human nature...
    People will help other people out and look out for them, but at the end of the day, it's human nature to look out for number one... ie. yourself.

Gosh I think you and me are polar opposites :eek::p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

You think that's bad? I'm somehow managing to agree with both of you.

I think the Captain is right about Kylie. It might not be the nicest thing in the world, but Kylie is standing in Tracey's way, she is a reminder of Dominic, and I don't think I'd be rushing off to the funeral of someone who treated me so horribly.

But I think you're dead right about Carol. This story really misses her. Tracey should pour her heart out to Carol, and Carol should rip into Dean for being so weak. She would hate that in a man, and she might actually spur him into DOING something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

deelite wrote: »
    Somebody who's able to take control of a situation.

I wonder will Kylie's mother head back for Domo's funeral. She may arrive late and pop into McCoy's for a swift gin and tonic - where she bangs into Dean who brings her back to his place for a nightcap. And then they meet officially at the funeral.....at least it wouldn't be a love triangle any more, it would be a love square.

Mother, Daughter and Step Mother. :eek: Has Kylie got any sisters for Dean floating around.

If tracey wants dean so much, why cant she make sure he will finish with Kylie by making sure they are caught together. A trail of clothes from the front door to the bedroom or to the sitting room sofa at a time when Kylie is expected home from work might sort things out.

If tracey wants dean so much, why cant she make sure he will finish with Kylie by making sure they are caught together. A trail of clothes from the front door to the bedroom or to the sitting room sofa at a time when Kylie is expected home from work might sort things out.

Because she doesn't want to be put in the blame for it and only cares about herself.

You think that's bad? I'm somehow managing to agree with both of you.

I think the Captain is right about Kylie. It might not be the nicest thing in the world, but Kylie is standing in Tracey's way, she is a reminder of Dominic, and I don't think I'd be rushing off to the funeral of someone who treated me so horribly.

But I think you're dead right about Carol. This story really misses her. Tracey should pour her heart out to Carol, and Carol should rip into Dean for being so weak. She would hate that in a man, and she might actually spur him into DOING something.

Ok I see the Kylie thing as she wasn't too pushed into letting Kylie move in to her place recently.

Carol & Tracey have hardly spent any time together really since the Dominic story, the writers have forgotten about it. Carol would really drum sense into Dean or threaten to tell Kylie and you just know there would be no better person to tell her then Carol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

The business with Damien and Suzanne is not unrealistic - she is being a bit unreasonable (get a job - spend time with us) however, I think this is deliberate on the part of the writers to show us a side of Suzanne's character.

I quite see how Tracey's feelings for Dominic might be a bit mixed - he battered her don't forget - no quicker way to change love to hate.

Alice1 wrote: »
    The business with Damien and Suzanne is not unrealistic - she is being a bit unreasonable (get a job - spend time with us) however, I think this is deliberate on the part of the writers to show us a side of Suzanne's character.

I quite see how Tracey's feelings for Dominic might be a bit mixed - he battered her don't forget - no quicker way to change love to hate.

As for the Suzanne thing, it just makes me hate her even more. I foresee her hopping into bed with that guard and that will be the nail in the coffin for me :D

Damien actually made me laugh when he was getting that money off Doug, I wish they would use Damien more. I do enjoy watching his scenes.

On another note, Adam will probably leave, I do like Pete and thought the scenes with Avi were quite good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

As for the Suzanne thing, it just makes me hate her even more. I foresee her hopping into bed with that guard and that will be the nail in the coffin for me biggrin.gif

Guard - what guard? I hope she isn't makin' eyes at my Delectable Deegan! Oh the other fella, the dopey one? Nah, she can have him.

:D Coulda told you that just be comparing our usernames... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

I hope Adam leaves. Hes a spoiled brat and just bugs me.

• Advertisement

Colm Joyce returns to Carrigstown and Ali ends up agreeing to go out for a drink with him.

Meanwhile, Malachy and Dolores plan their Christmas dinner, making sure to point out that Lara will not be welcome, and Yvonne mulls over the irony of her getting pregnant while Paul and Niamh are struggling to conceive.

Paul accompanies Niamh to her IVF scan, but she is pessimistic about the results while Ali does not tell Carol when she agrees to the date with Colm.

I hope Adam leaves. Hes a spoiled brat and just bugs me.

He hasn't been in it in so long, I had to look carefully to see it was still the same actor playing him :eek: the only thing I recognised was his accent :D

As for the Suzanne thing, it just makes me hate her even more. I foresee her hopping into bed with that guard and that will be the nail in the coffin for me :D

Damien actually made me laugh when he was getting that money off Doug, I wish they would use Damien more. I do enjoy watching his scenes.

On another note, Adam will probably leave, I do like Pete and thought the scenes with Avi were quite good :)

If Suzanne and the Cop do hook up together, i have a feeling that we will see more tiny feet in Carraigstown sometime in 2010.

As for Damien. Its about time that he was brought down to earth. He's such the tipical Irish man of the past when women had to do what they say when they say, and he will do what he wants when he wants, including picking and choosing what kind of work he will do.

The bubble that was there in the good times is now well and truly burst and people will have to start taking whatever kind of work there is on offer, and the tv soaps should be the showing people this.

Alice1 wrote: »
    As for the Suzanne thing, it just makes me hate her even more. I foresee her hopping into bed with that guard and that will be the nail in the coffin for me biggrin.gif

Guard - what guard? I hope she isn't makin' eyes at my Delectable Deegan! Oh the other fella, the dopey one? Nah, she can have him.

No, the dopey clown that spends all day nearly on one street. Where has the equally dopey female cop gone.

No, the dopey clown that spends all day nearly on one street. Where has the equally dopey female cop gone.

Aww I like her. Hope she comes back soon :D

Aww I like her. Hope she comes back soon :D

She Annoys me, the way she came into Carraighstown on her bike and knew everyone and their business except Deegan. If she was stationed in the area she would have known him and if she wasnt how did she know everyones life story. Another script writers cock-up.

She Annoys me, the way she came into Carraighstown on her bike and knew everyone and their business except Deegan. If she was stationed in the area she would have known him and if she wasnt how did she know everyones life story. Another script writers cock-up.

I know but I think she is sweet. She wants to be a community guard and I like how different she is from the strict (sorry Alice) Deegan. I like her a lot. She offers something different from Deegan and Dopey guard.

As for Damien. Its about time that he was brought down to earth. He's such the tipical Irish man of the past when women had to do what they say when they say, and he will do what he wants when he wants, including picking and choosing what kind of work he will do.

Leave Damo alone. He took the bloody job in the end, didn't he? Recession or no recession - people will always be reluctant to work certain jobs. I think where you claimed, "He's such the tipical Irish man of the past when women had to do what they say when they say" is really over the top - he's not like that at all. In fact he's probably one of the only characters in the show who is "down to earth".

Leave Damo alone. He took the bloody job in the end, didn't he? Recession or no recession - people will always be reluctant to work certain jobs. I think where you claimed, "He's such the tipical Irish man of the past when women had to do what they say when they say" is really over the top - he's not like that at all. In fact he's probably one of the only characters in the show who is "down to earth".

I couldn't agree more, Didn't Damien have his own business so you couldn't blame him being reserved not wanting to do the job. Not many would want to do a job like he has anyway but he did what he had to for his family. I really like his character and seems like a decent bloke in real life as well.

Most of the people he would have to get cash off would be people he used to work with so that adds another dimension to it. I say fair play to Damo :)

• Advertisement

Not many would want to do a job like he has anyway but he did what he had to for his family.

He only done it after Suzzanne spelt out a few facts of life to him. What was he doing with months. Poncing around in a dressing gown all day, expecting his wife to do a days work and then to do the extras as well like doing the shopping etc.

I dont think it is right that RTE or the Scriptwriters depict people to be like this. There is enough of it in real life and could only add to it if young males see it happening on TV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement