Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Deise Tom wrote: »
    He only done it after Suzzanne spelt out a few facts of life to him. What was he doing with months. Poncing around in a dressing gown all day, expecting his wife to do a days work and then to do the extras as well like doing the shopping etc.

I dont think it is right that RTE or the Scriptwriters depict people to be like this. There is enough of it in real life and could only add to it if young males see it happening on TV.

Not being mean here, but have you seen how hard it can be on the dole and how demeaning it is having to take a job like that. My boyfriend was on the dole for months upon months and applied for anything and took a job at least 10,000 less than he was on before. You do what you have to do to survive.

Damien can't do right with you. I like the character, he is a hardworker, a loyal genuine guy but yet you still put him down. Jobs are not that easy to come upon these days and instead of blaming the scriptwriters, I think it is you that needs a reality check. Look around you. What they portrayed is exactly what is going on today. My boyfriend applied day after day for a job, most places don't even reply to you and you are damn lucky if you get a bloody interview so my advice to you is open your eyes and you are unbelievably lucky if you haven't gone through this day after day and not knowing if you have enough money to cover bills and keep your head above water and the constant worry if you will have a roof over your head.

Sorry but it needed to be said.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

angel01 wrote: »
    Not being mean here, but have you seen how hard it can be on the dole and how demeaning it is having to take a job like that. My boyfriend was on the dole for months upon months and applied for anything and took a job at least 10,000 less than he was on before. You do what you have to do to survive.

Damien can't do right with you. I like the character, he is a hardworker, a loyal genuine guy but yet you still put him down. Jobs are not that easy to come upon these days and instead of blaming the scriptwriters, I think it is you that needs a reality check. Look around you. What they portrayed is exactly what is going on today. My boyfriend applied day after day for a job, most places don't even reply to you and you are damn lucky if you get a bloody interview so my advice to you is open your eyes and you are unbelievably lucky if you haven't gone through this day after day and not knowing if you have enough money to cover bills and keep your head above water and the constant worry if you will have a roof over your head.

I know what its like to live off €204 and 30 cent each week.

There appears to be a differnece however between your boyfriend and Damien. You say your boy friend looks for work. well done i say. Damien for weeks if not months just sat there doing nothing. Like your boy friend I too know what its like not to get a reply. Seems like to me you are honest with a possible employer and they dont want to know.

For people like damien there is still some work to be got if you look for it. I am sure as a builder he would be able to do more than block lay. There is people out there that want small odd jobs done and he could be applying for these or could be recommended for them by word of mouth from those he has worked for if he was any good at his job. The small jobs are available in the country anyway. But i know, not many.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    I know what its like to live off €204 and 30 cent each week.

There appears to be a differnece however between your boyfriend and Damien. You say your boy friend looks for work. well done i say. Damien for weeks if not months just sat there doing nothing. Like your boy friend I too know what its like not to get a reply. Seems like to me you are honest with a possible employer and they dont want to know.

For people like damien there is still some work to be got if you look for it. I am sure as a builder he would be able to do more than block lay. There is people out there that want small odd jobs done and he could be applying for these or could be recommended for them by word of mouth from those he has worked for if he was any good at his job. The small jobs are available in the country anyway. But i know, not many.

he did do small jobs though in the meantime, he redid Vinos and I remember him asking around looking for work, you may think he has seemed to sit around for months, well he hasn't and most people do not do that in my opinion.

I think he also redid the hungry pig as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Here, here. Well said.

he did do small jobs though in the meantime, he redid Vinos and I remember him asking around looking for work, you may think he has seemed to sit around for months, well he hasn't and most people do not do that in my opinion.

You could be right. I dont watch it every night so might have missed a few programmes when he was doing the hungry pig etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I think that of any out of work character Damien has been on of the most productive in seaching for one. As angel has said; vinos and hungry pig jobs were done by him; Damien was also prepared to humiliate himself publicly in order to gain a days work when he dressed up as the pink panther working for Orla. He got pittance for that but he till did for his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Has Dolores full custody of Jane or did Lara just give her to her?
    Cleo cheats on Robert with Wayne

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

I think Dolores got custody when lara left? I think i remember her and malachy talking about it?
    I think Damien storyline is a good one for the soap to be tackling at the moment. Its interesting. I wish Suzanne would lay off him.
    OMFG!! Dean is soooo gorge!! When he was on the couch with Kylie earlier! Yum!
    I really love the Pete character, he is a really great actor, i would love to see him get a bigger story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

With Domo's death - will that make Tracey a Woman of Substance - will she cop the house and any insurance policies that Domo may have had. Also will she be entitled to a Widows Pension/Allowance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

deelite wrote: »
    With Domo's death - will that make Tracey a Woman of Substance - will she cop the house and any insurance policies that Domo may have had. Also will she be entitled to a Widows Pension/Allowance?

Kylie mentioned that it was her mother who told her the news. I got the impression that Dominic and Kylie's mum might have been back together, in which case she would probably get everything. Do we know if they were divorced or just separated? I barely remember her at all.

• Advertisement

Kylie mentioned that it was her mother who told her the news. I got the impression that Dominic and Kylie's mum might have been back together, in which case she would probably get everything. Do we know if they were divorced or just separated? I barely remember her at all.

They must have been divorced, in order for Dominic & Tracey to get married.

Were who divorced/seperated? Kylies mother and father?

Dominic and Tracey were married so tracey would have more of a right to whatever Dominic had than Kylies Mother, as I dont think they were officially seperated. If they were then everything I am sure would go to Kylie.

They must have been divorced, in order for Dominic & Tracey to get married.

Ah right, I had completely forgotten that Dominic and Tracey got married.

It's a payday for the gas company, then, assuming Dominic was insured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 dopes

I think I remember dominic signing over the deeds of the house to Tracey before he left, does that mean the mortgage wont be paid off? It's all very complicated....

Felt so sorry for Kylie last night...seriously, an elf costume??? could she have looked anymore pathetic!

dopes wrote: »
    I think I remember dominic signing over the deeds of the house to Tracey before he left, does that mean the mortgage wont be paid off? It's all very complicated....

Felt so sorry for Kylie last night...seriously, an elf costume??? could she have looked anymore pathetic!

He signed everything over to Tracey before he left. I am guessing Tracey will have to pay off the mortgage as the deeds are in her name but with her financial state, who knows what will happen. She is more preoccupied with bedding Dean.

Didn't see last nights, will catch up at 3.30.

Just read this:

Following Paul and Niamh's hopes to adopt Yvonne's baby, Yvonne now sets out to convince Connie that this is the best thing for the child. She tries to convince her that she doesn't have a maternal bone in her body but Connie is none too impressed. She lashes back by saying that if she facilitates a DNA test, the baby could prove to be Louie's and therefore Niamh and Paul would have no right to adopt the baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

How did Dominic die? Did he kill himself?

dopes wrote: »

If he did sign over the deeds, then I am sure Tracey would have to may the mortgage.

JP Liz wrote: »

Its not know yet. I am sure the script writers will forget to carry out a postmortum on him.

JP Liz wrote: »

I got that impression too.

• Advertisement

I thought it is a bloody shame that Tracey feels so distant from Carol now, when Carol was making the effort, it was like Tracey couldn't be bothered with her.

You don't know, could have been a heart attack or something. Its awful that Kylie will have to go to the funeral on her own, you would think at least Dean would go along with her :eek:

Looking forward to seeing Wayne on Sunday!

Awww remember the lovely Lana :(

Former Fair City star Tatianna Ouliankina was turned down for a role in Coronation Street -- because she was too glamorous.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/sorry-tatiannabut-youre-much-too-sexy-for-streets-of-corrie-1977083.html

I thought it is a bloody shame that Tracey feels so distant from Carol now, when Carol was making the effort, it was like Tracey couldn't be bothered with her.

You don't know, could have been a heart attack or something. Its awful that Kylie will have to go to the funeral on her own, you would think at least Dean would go along with her :eek:

Tracey's a tart without a heart.

I bet she will not want Dean to go to the funeral as it will mean that they have extra time to themselves when Kylie is not about.

Awww remember the lovely Lana :(

Former Fair City star Tatianna Ouliankina was turned down for a role in Coronation Street -- because she was too glamorous.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/sorry-tatiannabut-youre-much-too-sexy-for-streets-of-corrie-1977083.html

Norris would be all fustered if someone like that walked into him for the Weatherfield Gazette.

I don't like the colour of Ali's hair :eek: I really like Niamh's hair straight, it really suits her.

Dolores needs to grow up and realise it isn't her bloody baby :eek:

Good to see Louie again :D would love if it was his baby, I love how he winds up Connie, fun to watch! I was glad to see Louie give Lara a trial. Seriously Dolores really needs to be slapped senseless, she is really annoying me at the moment. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

Loving Carol yet again, says it like it is and doesn't care about the consequences. Love Love her. Is Tracey pregnant :eek: thought I saw a mini bump and then hidden with a bag and coat :eek:

Talking about bumps... where have Sarah & Orla gone to??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

[QUOTE=angel01;63530708Talking about bumps... where have Sarah & Orla gone to??[/QUOTE]

Sarah is covering the funerals of Annette and Bill - she's also been assigned to cover Dominics:D

And Orla is receiving training from Sarah on how to cover funerals with sympathy.:p

deelite wrote: »
    Sarah is covering the funerals of Annette and Bill - she's also been assigned to cover Dominics:D

And Orla is receiving training from Sarah on how to cover funerals with sympathy.:p

PMSL :D:D I do miss Duncan, I do hope he comes back soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Which Wayne will it be though:confused: There's been 2 of them already.Is this going to be a completely new actor ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

How would you rate the lads or lassies (whichever your preference) of Carrigstown? Who's your top 5 hunks or honeys?

My Choices

Honourable mention to Yvonne, but my top 5 are:

5. Orla
    4. Niamh
    3. Connie
    2. Ali
    1. Cleo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement