Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

angel01 wrote: »
    Awww remember the lovely Lana :(

Former Fair City star Tatianna Ouliankina was turned down for a role in Coronation Street -- because she was too glamorous.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/sorry-tatiannabut-youre-much-too-sexy-for-streets-of-corrie-1977083.html

So, let's see. She was called in to audition for the part of a down-trodden woman. She went to the audition in ballgown and tiara. The producers gave the role to someone who had read the script and made an effort to look like the character they wanted.

This gets translated into actress language as "I was just too glamorous!"

How would you rate the lads or lassies (whichever your preference) of Carrigstown? Who's your top 5 hunks or honeys?

I think we should put up a couple of polls. For me, it's hard to see beyond Zumo's gran, but I'd certainly through a few flowers at Yvonne, Cliodhna (if she ever comes back), Carol, and especially Niamh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Top 5 girls

Carol
    2. Yvonne
    3. Heather
    4. Niamh
    5. Connie

But anyway much more interested in the below :D

1. Louie
    2. Dean
    3. Seamus :o
    4. Damien
    5. Felix

With honourable mention to Avi :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I don't like the colour of Ali's hair :eek: I really like Niamh's hair straight, it really suits her.

Dolores needs to grow up and realise it isn't her bloody baby :eek:

It's a tricky one with Dolores though. After losing Jessica at a similar age to Jane and having grown quite attached i'd imagine to Jane at this stage she'd look upon her as being one of her own.

The top five

1. Robert
    2 Ian
    3 Dean
    4 Duncan
    5 Louie

• Advertisement

Epicurus wrote: »
    It's a tricky one with Dolores though. After losing Jessica at a similar age to Jane and having grown quite attached i'd imagine to Jane at this stage she'd look upon her as being one of her own.

I know but she has to realise she is a foster mother, she has even called Jane Jessica once :eek:
    The top five

1. Robert
    2 Ian
    3 Dean
    4 Duncan
    5 Louie

I am not forgiving you for having dopey policeman higher than Louie :eek:

I am not forgiving you for having dopey policeman higher than Louie :eek:

:D

You gotta love Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

HMMM..
    Girls
    1. Cleo
    2. Niamh
    3. Carol
    4. Dolores
    5. Yvonne

Guys
    1. Dean
    2. Robert
    3. Pete
    4. Deegan
    5. Louis

You gotta love Ian

Well it was meant to be top hunks and he isn't any hunk :eek::D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

But angel babes!! Louis is as skinny as a seam on a skirt! Not much hunk there either! Lord save us if he had to lift you out of a burning building like in that fantasy of yours!! ROTFL!! He needs to put some meat on those bones!;);):p:p:p

• Advertisement

MaryCat! wrote: »
    But angel babes!! Louis is as skinny as a seam on a skirt! Not much hunk there either! Lord save us if he had to lift you out of a burning building like in that fantasy of yours!! ROTFL!! He needs to put some meat on those bones!;);):p:p:p

Oh I think he is lovely.. ah words don't describe how perfect he is :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Does anyone else find Kylie THE most annoying person in the world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Top Males

Louie, Dean, Keith, Troy and Robert

:D:D To use your own words...
    Oh I think he is lovely.. ah words don't describe how perfect he is :D:D

Carrigstown Garda Station. Full of hunks :D Alice you'll agree with me :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

MaryCat! wrote: »
    HMMM..
    Girls
    1. Cleo
    2. Niamh
    3. Carol
    4. Dolores
    5. Yvonne

Guys
    1. Dean
    2. Robert
    3. Pete
    4. Deegan
    5. Louis

You left out Orla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭zesman

Lets see

1. Orla
    2. Yvonne
    3. Cleo
    4. Niamh
    5. Carol

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

phi3 wrote: »
    Does anyone else find Kylie THE most annoying person in the world?
    Absolutely, she drives me nuts. Clingy, whiney, whingey and selfish. I don't even feel sorry for her now with Dominic's funeral. VERY annoying.

:D:D To use your own words...

Carrigstown Garda Station. Full of hunks :D Alice you'll agree with me :D

They were full of hunks when Rory was there. Ah, I loved him.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    You left out Orla.

Oh yes Orla is quite pretty, *adds her to the list*

All of my questions were asked so that's six of my questions asked :D

0002da57-545.jpg
    Dean Dowling has had as many women as he has had hot meals, but now the Cassanova is torn between Kylie and Tracey. Who will he choose?

We caught up with Michael Sheehan and put some of your questions to him.
    What is your favourite thing about Fair City?
    It's hugely challenging for an actor. The speed at which we work is unlike any other TV show in the country. We do two hours of drama a week! Movies get years to do that amount! I love the way something comes up in the script that frightens you, because you don't know how you're going to play it, but you always find a way. Someone said to me at the read through of the Christmas episode (which is fantastic) "What actor of your age, in the country, is getting such meaty scripts?" I feel very lucky and privileged. It a tremendous place to work.
    What is Dean's favourite food?
    I remember doing a scene where he was talking in depth about an Indian takeaway in London. So I'll say Indian.
    What do you do when you are not in Fair City?
    I'm very into Boxing and Brazilian Ju-Jitsu. Boxing is a big passion of mine, both participating and watching. I'm a bit of an anorak to be honest when it comes to that sport. I love it. I'm hoping to get to the States in March for the Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao fight. Very excited about that fight!
    Who are your favourite actors?
    Marlon Brando, Paul Newman, Robert De Niro, Mickey Rourke, Daniel Day Lewis and Tom Hardy. In theatre, Marty Rea and Ian Lloyd Anderson.
    You have a very funny relationship with Robert, are you good friends in real life?
    We are good mates yes. In Fair City, you are usually put in a dressing room with the character you will be doing scenes with that week. So, it always used to be Andrew (Troy), but now it's Sam. He's only alright!!!
    How did you get into acting?
    I was working as a trainee solicitor in London. I didn't like it. So I Googled "Acting schools Dublin" because I fancied coming home and always wanted to try acting. I applied for the first full time course that came up. Auditioned and got it. Did 2 years of drama school and that was that
    Do you enjoy your scenes with Tracey?
    I do. When I first learned of the storyline, I was delighted, because it was a chance to work with Hilda. I have learned a hell of a lot from her over the past year. I think she is one of the best actresses in the country, and it was a fantastic opportunity for a guy like me, who hasn't been in the business that long, to learn as much as I could from her. She has really helped me.
    Have you a girlfriend in real life?
    Yes I do. I actually met her on the set of fair city actually!
    Are you similar to Dean in your way with women, or are you a one woman kind of guy?
    I bet my girlfriend wrote that, just to check on me!
    Are you a good cook in real life? And if so, what is your favourite dish to cook?
    Yes, I'm pretty decent. I have some Jamie Oliver books and like to do a bit from them when I have the time. I do a fine roast chicken.
    What would you say are Dean's biggest regrets?
    I would definitely say, the Sandie affair and the resulting fallout with his father is his one big regret. He loves his father and still looks for his approval I think. I don't think Leo has ever fully forgiven him. Even more than Tracey or any woman, Dean's relationship with Leo is the one he values most.
    Who do you enjoy working with the most?
    Tracey, as I've said before. Dave Duffy (Leo) is a great guy and I enjoy doing scenes with him. He is very funny. Tony Tormey (Paul) has been great to me with advice too. He's been doing it 20 years so I definitely take on board what he says.
    Why has Dean taken so long to break up with Kylie?
    I think it's been a mixture of bad luck and the fact that he cares about her and wants to let her down gently. It's never an easy thing to break up with someone, especially if it's for her step mother, and he's finding it very hard to do.....at the moment.
    Will Dean & Sandie ever start up a romance again?
    Charlotte Bradley (Sandie) is a very beautiful woman, so I wouldn't be against it.
    What would you like Dean to do over the coming months?
    He needs to break up with Kylie first and foremost anyway, for everyone's sake. I just like to leave it in the hands of the writers. They do a wonderful job and its very exciting getting new scripts every week
    Dean's juicy storyline with Tracey and Kylie comes to ahead in the next few weeks so stay tuned to see what happens.

• Advertisement

For those that mentioned they liked Cliodhna, she is starring in a new made for tv feature on TV3: It will also feature Lana, here is an article with the director:

http://www.iftn.ie/broadcast/?act1=record&only=1&aid=73&rid=4282776&tpl=archnews&force=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

God delores is a cow!

ps I dont like Allys blonde hair!

I really can't stand Dolores right now, she is making the character very unlikable especially ripping up the picture of Lara :mad: I always nearly type Lana when I say the name :o

I don't like Ali's hair either, said that yesterday :eek: I did like Keith & Colm getting on and I felt so sorry for Niamh :( Did I actually show sympathy to the gruesome twosome there :eek: Loved seeing Louie again :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I really can't stand Dolores right now.

For 1 that is so high and mighty about doing the right thing, she does not show much of example in the season of Christmas.

Dont like the way Dolores is been played. The first actress that played her to me did so, so much better. Cant think of her name. She went on Upwardly Mobile after leaving Fair City.

Good episode last night. I really liked some of the writing for Paul and Niamh. I think it caught a true difference in the way men and women handle bad news. Paul didn't even take a moment to assimilate it, but went off trying to fix everything. The way Niamh called him on it was very realistic. The fact that he then went on and did exactly the same to Yvonne was nicely ironic.

Louie was great too. I think he's become a funnier character since he split up from Yvonne. That's two free shifts he's had out of his staff this week, and I'm sure he'll stick it to Dean again if he does go to the funeral.

This review of the week in Fair City has had me laughing away today :D:D:D

Finally, let's have a gawk at Fair City. Still trying to get Kylie to break up with him, Dean got Louie to 'refuse' him a few days leave for her fathers funeral in London *yawns*. Seriously, how does she not get the message? I mean, having to actually beg your fella to stay and comfort you in your time of need, now come on, even the worlds dumbest person would see that something wasn't right. Anyway, by the end of the week, Dean and Tracey realised that they were being selfish and agreed to attend the funeral. Niamh found out that the IVF wasn't a success. At first she played it cool, telling Paul that she wasn't upset and wanted to build a bridge. While having lunch with Connie and Yvonne, Niamh couldn't help with becoming uncontrollably upset that Yvonne was with child while she was unable to conceive. Dolores and Lara continued to bicker over Jane and while the later got a trial job at the Hungry Pig, she became furious that Malachy and his house mate were reluctant to believe she had turned over a new leaf.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

I don't like Ally's hair either. I find Kylie a right pain in the bum.

Dopey Garda is so not a hunk.

Top males:
    1 Deegan
    2 Deegan
    3 Deegan
    4 Deegan
    5 Deegan

Meeja, are you wearing your kimono? Must be a bit chilly...

Alice1 wrote: »
    I don't like Ally's hair either. I find Kylie a right pain in the bum.

Top males:
    1 Deegan
    2 Deegan
    3 Deegan
    4 Deegan
    5 Deegan

Meeja, are you wearing your kimono? Must be a bit chilly...

Dopey garda is a right minger!!! ....................................as for Deegan, each to their own ;)

• Advertisement

Alice1 wrote: »
    Dopey garda is a right minger!!!

Mean; just mean :(

Like look; whats not to like

ianq.jpg

Everything one could want; There has to be someone else who sees the sex appeal

Anyway.....more importantly Malachy needs to grow a pair. He's letting Dolores walk all over him; he should have told her to f**k off when she came home as he was heading out with Jane. Beginning to like Louie a bit more even if all the talk between himself and Dean about scratching each others backs was a bit off the wall.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement