Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

angel01 wrote: »
    The situation with Dean bursting in was bloody hilarious, I was laughing away :D:D

Was brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Was brilliant.

I just watched it again. Funniest scene for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Last nights episode was quite funny in general;

-Dean bursting through the door.
    -Bob as Santa.
    -Awkward silence between Bob and Tracey, while Carol was off talking to Christy.
    -Wayne dropping hints at Malachy.
    -Malachy giving Wayne the alarm clock.

Pure comedy all around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

BEST ACTOR
    Robert

BEST ACTRESS
    Tracey - Hard to remember a scene where she didnt shine. Brilliant throughout.

BEST NEWCOMER
    Robert. Love his relationship with Cleo; brought some light relief to an otherwise forgettable family.

BIGGEST LOSS
    Troy. Would have loved to seen his relationship with Leo developed further.

BEST SERIOUS STORY
    Ray and Niamh and all concerned in the aftermath of Ginas death. Powerful and moving scenes from all concerned.

BEST COMIC STORY
    Christy, Malachy and Carols escapades from their planning of bungee jumping, marathon running and their swinging in the park

WTF AWARD
    Found the Turlough storyline to be a bit ridiculous.

MORE OF IN 2010
    More of Eileen and Cass, Jo and Dermot; Robert and Cleo, Ian.

LESS OF IN 2010
    Suzanne. A lot less scenes with her; none at all would be perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

awww poor Bob, Id nearly bring him round to mine for chrissy dinner, poor fella needs a friend!

• Advertisement

A staff party on Christmas Day. Louie hasnt lost it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Epicurus wrote: »
    A staff party on Christmas Day. Louie hasnt lost it.

So clever :D

Thought that Paul & Yvonne baby thing is getting so far fetched now :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Does it come out soon about Paul and Yvonne??

Had to laugh at Paul and the vouchers :D

I know; if only Niamh knew what she was suggesting; "Lets say that Paul was the sperm donor"

Does it come out soon about Paul and Yvonne??

Had to laugh at Paul and the vouchers :D

I believe it comes out over Christmas!

• Advertisement

Sunday

Wayne wants to set up his hair product business in Ireland and asks Dolores to become involved, financially. Malachy advises her to talk things through with her accountant, which her son is furious about. Wanting the ex-priest to butt out, Wayne suggests to Malachy that he use one of his products, especially designed for bald people. Bob and Christy fear that there are more surprises to come from the Bulgarian mafia, but, Carol informs them, after doing some research, that the boss is missing and presumed dead. Louie feigns being nice to Yvonne-more then likely to get on her good side- and then goes in for a kiss.

Tuesday

Wayne makes time to look after Jane, to give Dolores a break. At first she's grateful but soon becomes upset when she overhears her son and Cleo's conversation that she's too old to look after a baby. Yvonne tells Connie that she wants to move back to Australia with her after the adoption has been finalised, but Connie is not ready to forgive or forget. Colm asks Ali to move to Leeds with him but she says no, giving the reason that uprooting Lorcan on a whim would not be responsible of her. Colm also tries to get on Carols good side, but that's like trying to bite into a rock, impossible.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I just find this storyline so lame, it's just a re-hash of the Dermot/Ben/Deirdre/ Brendan storyline. Very lazy of the part of the script writers in my humble opinion.

Best Newcomer:

Robert. Had the pleasure of meeting Sam Corry last year. The guys a legend.

Now I'm jealous. Sam seems like a really nice guy. One of the few I wouldnt mind meeting.

Epicurus wrote: »
    Now I'm jealous. Sam seems like a really nice guy. One of the few I wouldnt mind meeting.

Met himself, Tom Hopkins (Christy), Tommy O'Neill (Deegan), and Aisling O'Neill (Carol) there in September. Really nice group of people.
    Speaking of Sam Corry though... has anyone seen Situations Vacant? I didn't get around to seeing it. I wonder if it's still out in the Cinema.

Loved tonights episode as well.
    Thought the whole Yvonne/Paul/Niamh/Connie/Louie storyline was pretty good tonight.
    Bob's desperate search for friends was great too.
    And Wayne's announcement was classic...

Dolores: "When are ya going back?"
    Wayne: "I'm not. I'm back for good ma."

Love how he's trying to get rid of Malachy and Jane as well.

'FAIR City' star Joan Brosnan Walsh's reaction to her debilitating illness was inspiring, the congregation at the popular actor's funeral heard yesterday.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/brave-actress-joan-faced-her-illness-with-dignity-1988299.html

Next wednesday's episode

Upset about what's happened between herself and Connie, Yvonne decides to tell her lesbian lover that Paul is the father of the baby and that's why she really wants him and Niamh to have the child. Connie's heart melts and decides to stay in Carraigstown. Ali decides that she will move to Leeds with Colm, thanks to a chat with Keith. Lara takes Jane out for a walk and doesn't return for a few hours, causing dopey Dolores to throw a flailing hissy fit. Ian flirts with Orla and almost kisses her. There goes the celibacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I'd actually love to see this come to pass. I could help with the script, once I've written my sitcom for Channel 4 (can't have too many script ideas in my head at once). Anyone up for seriously writing a pilot for this. I think it would be brilliant. Have RTÉ actually ever had a proper detective series. It could be the Irish version of Monk.

Right I'll do the pilot with you.

Shannon is really cute :) I enjoyed the episode. I am loving Wayne more and more every episode :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

Cant wait for tonight!!! An hour of Fair City!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Next wednesday's episode

Upset about what's happened between herself and Connie, Yvonne decides to tell her lesbian lover that Paul is the father of the baby and that's why she really wants him and Niamh to have the child. Connie's heart melts and decides to stay in Carraigstown. Ali decides that she will move to Leeds with Colm, thanks to a chat with Keith. Lara takes Jane out for a walk and doesn't return for a few hours, causing dopey Dolores to throw a flailing hissy fit. Ian flirts with Orla and almost kisses her. There goes the celibacy.

then they all go get vouchers to go to acting lessons:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Good show tonight. Making good use of the better actors... That new kid is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

No Leo!! Step away from the guitar...

Chinafoot wrote: »
    No Leo!! Step away from the guitar...

Is it not enough for him to be bad at one thing (acting) without wanting to diversify?He's got good big hands for playing the guitar though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Sorry but Kylie is woeful!

"it's christmas day"... Good argument Leo...

It's a great show tonight. Fair play to all involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

Leo reminds me of myself in many ways. Same typeof personality.

Leo reminds me of myself in many ways. Same typeof personality.

What size are your hands Johnny?

The show would be nothing without Aisling O'Neill and Hilda Fay... They're both brilliant.

Girl takes chocolate from tree.

• Advertisement

Girl gives him ring for refund.

Chrisy's spuds are ruined.

Christy and co. are nearly killed by the mafia.

Fantastic episode. Fair City's best ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement