Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

Leo has Muppet Christmas Carol on DVD.

It was on TG4 on Christmas Eve!

Christy is like santa claus - the beard on the yoke. Them are could queerly wash spuds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Lovely smack!

Nice snow machine going on there.

Kylie's eating again. 2nd Christmas Dinner. Big girls are beautiful. What was Dean at?

• Advertisement

Tracy's just an old slapper wanting a piece of young meat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

After all the roaring they play Silent Night..

What a beautiful ending. Merry Xmas Leo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Well that was very entertaining.

F*ck it .. time to do those two bottles of wine damage. god I love Anne hathaway, why wasn she under my christmas tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

Absolutely hilarious stuff tonight! Very good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 49 dopes

Loved Christy tonight. My heart went out to Kylie...I thought she did a great job. She's an idiot but that was way too harsh..hope tracey and dean don't last he's a fool....carol is a legend, best scene of the show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

Well, that has to be one of the best episodes of all time! Tracey and Dean in the snow. I thought that scene was so beautiful. I was in tears with the 2 of them! Carol was a ledge again tonight!The slap that Tracey gave her!!! Everyone i watched it with "OOHH'ed"!
    As harsh as Kylie was treated tonight, i found myself still rooting for Tracey.
    It goes to show, when Fair City gives good story to the better actors on the show, it can be so so so so so brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 dopes

Agree... It was really good

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Ya good episode tonight, but it would have been nice to see more of the regular characters eg. Yvonne, Paul, Louie Niamh Ray. where were all the other residents whilst all this was going on? A house party would have brought most of them together as the pub was closed. And all the other houses in darkness. Attention to detail not big on list of Fair citys priorities.

rogercar wrote: »
    Ya good episode tonight, but it would have been nice to see more of the regular characters eg. Yvonne, Paul, Louie Niamh Ray. where were all the other residents whilst all this was going on? A house party would have brought most of them together as the pub was closed. And all the other houses in darkness. Attention to detail not big on list of Fair citys priorities.

.....................icon3.gif

Maybe they were all away?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭pacman.podge

watched it with my mam tonight for the frst time in yrs......... haha lets just say its not my cup of tea!!:o

A sage and potato sandwich would go down better with a pint of the white stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Am I the only one who thought it was the worst episode in a long time?
    The Christy/Bob/Carol stuff was good, but the other storyline was woeful... I was bored to tears with that storyline as it was and then they go and make it the main f**king plot of the hour long special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

I also thought it was a great episode. I thought they brought that love triangle cover-up story to a great end, and loads happened. Loads of drama at the end, and then you had the other storyline and it was light, fun and comedic. Two contrasting stories. V strong episode i thought! :). I like it when they boil it down to small casts like that. I suppose on christmas day, everyone just stays inside their own homes anyway, so it was suitable to just set it in 2 houses. Strong performances from everyone i thought. I cringed when Leo picked up the guitar from nowhere, but they got away with it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Leo has to be the worst actor ever. He is unbelieveable bad. Also Kylie,though she was a little bit better tonight, but not much. Can't understand how they let go the good actors like Geraldine, Annette & so many more and keep the crap ones! The idea of Louie having a staff party in the pub would imo have been a better one with Zumo turning up & causing havoc. I like Fair City, but imo Coronation St. & Eastenders are by far, more superior.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Got the 20 Years of Carrigstown DVD as a christmas pressie. I enjoyed watching throught the last 20 years - remembering scenes from the early days, even though I was only about 5 or 6 when they aired.
    Has anyone else seen it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Got the 20 Years of Carrigstown DVD as a christmas pressie. I enjoyed watching throught the last 20 years - remembering scenes from the early days, even though I was only about 5 or 6 when they aired.
    Has anyone else seen it?

I wanted to buy it but I couldn't justify spending 19.99 on it for the moment so may get it in February :) I watched Fair City since day one :o:D I loved the early days.

Brilliant episode last night, absolutely loved it, one of the best in a very long time. Loved the scenes with Christy/Carol/Bob, it was brilliant to see Bob avoiding eating the food just in case and then Christy's reaction to when he found out was very funny. I loved the monopoly scenes as well, made me want to play monopoly :D

I enjoyed scenes with Leo, Shannon, Dean & Tracey. I thought it was a brilliant reveal of the affair. I hate Kylie so I was kinda pleased at her reaction :D

I thought the scene in the snow at the end was very sweet. It will be really difficult for Dean & Tracey now but I really hope they make it! I like them together.

All in all, a brilliant episode :D

rogercar wrote: »

To be honest, We see enough of Paul, Yvonne, Niamh, Louie etc, it was nice to see the other characters shine.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

Delighted That fat romp kylie found out her boyfriend was tappin tracy on the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Thought it was an average episode. Felt sorry for Kylie but her incessant wailing soon fixed that. Christy, Bob and Carol made the hour; is Carols friendship with Tracey gone for good. Loved Christys jumper.

Hope they keep Shannon in it for a while; liked herself and Leo together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

I enjoyed the Christmas Day special - I so want to slap that child! Whatzhername that moved in with Leo

What do they make the fake snow from? It looked a bit odd cos it didn't melt on their faces - just stayed there.

Clemon wrote: »
    Delighted That fat romp kylie found out her boyfriend was tappin tracy on the side.

harsh. How is Kylie fat? do you need glasses :eek:

Alice1 wrote: »
    I enjoyed the Christmas Day special - I so want to slap that child! Whatzhername that moved in with Leo

What do they make the fake snow from? It looked a bit odd cos it didn't melt on their faces - just stayed there.

Her name is Shannon, she is just there for Christmas, I liked her!

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

I usually 'dip in and out' of 'Fair City' and I have to say, lasts nights was laughable. They didn't even make the snow look real...at one point when Carol went outside the shop, you so knew she was just standing on set.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Catsith

"Does anyone have a pellet gun?":D
    Funniest line in Fair City ever!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement