Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

angel01 wrote: »
    harsh. How is Kylie fat? do you need glasses :eek:

She's a bit on the fatter side now. She's no nice one anyway. Any wonder Dean left her for the other tramp. As bad as Tracy is, she is worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Is the episode going to be repeated - I only caught the first half hour this morning - and it's not on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Catsith

deelite wrote: »
    Is the episode going to be repeated - I only caught the first half hour this morning - and it's not on the website.
    it was on this morning at 11:30
    I missed it yesterday too but caught it earlier

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

UpCork wrote: »
    I usually 'dip in and out' of 'Fair City' and I have to say, lasts nights was laughable. They didn't even make the snow look real...at one point when Carol went outside the shop, you so knew she was just standing on set.

RTE are very good at getting things wrong when it comes to making fair city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

deelite wrote: »

Fair City is not on the player anymore. No it doesn't look like it will be repeated.

• Advertisement

Deise Tom wrote: »
    RTE are very good at getting things wrong when it comes to making fair city.

You just can't help yourself, can you? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I felt sorry for Kylie

JP Liz wrote: »
    I felt sorry for Kylie

She is pretty dirty though. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Was there a point to the scene where that woman was looking for a turkey off christy. Also what was the shop doing open anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

She's a bit on the fatter side now. She's no nice one anyway. Any wonder Dean left her for the other tramp. As bad as Tracy is, she is worse.

Ara come on-she's what you call a healthy weight-certainly not fat!

• Advertisement

Mayoegian wrote: »
    Ara come on-she's what you call a healthy weight-certainly not fat!

She just doesn't look right anyway. Kind of messed up or something - I can pinpoint what iti s exactly.

00021de1-279.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

She just doesn't look right anyway. Kind of messed up or something - I can pinpoint what iti s exactly.

She has 2 eyes, a nose, a mouth, one head, 2 arms and 2 legs, as well as a torso-and fully symmetrical-I would say she's quite normal myself.

Her eyes have a unique shape though, maybe that's what youre on about?

What's under the trousers though?

You just can't help yourself, can you? :rolleyes:

No, i love to see a persons reaction to something that i say often as a bit of a joke from time to time. Funny, nearly always get one.

Epicurus wrote: »
    Was there a point to the scene where that woman was looking for a turkey off christy.

No

Epicurus wrote: »
    Was there a point to the scene where that woman was looking for a turkey off christy. Also what was the shop doing open anyway.

A shop beside me was open Christmas day, why shouldn't it be open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Just thought Christy would have been more interested spending what little time he had with Carol on their first christmas before Bob arrived than spending time tending to customers.

I would say that a fair few small shops would have opened for an hour or two in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

Is it just me or is it not there these last few days?
    Was having the scran & was barely switched on during day-time/evening-time.

• Advertisement

It will not be available again due to an actors protest or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

No, i love to see a persons reaction to something that i say often as a bit of a joke from time to time. Funny, nearly always get one.

Tom, are you saying that just because I'm better than you are at Monopoly?

(All-purpose rejoinder (c) Fair City, 25/12/09.)

Fair City will not be on the player, It was on there for a trial basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Has anyone watched the FC 20th anniversary dvd yet ? I saw it last night and was disappointed. There was little or nothing from the very early days of FC. The earliest scene was a very young Barry O'Hanlon bringing his washing home to his Mammy. The characters I remember from the beginning were:
    Paddy Clarke and his daughter Anne
    Jonny One and his landlady(I think her name was Lily??)
    Hughie/Natalie/Gary and the Pizza Parlour
    Dr Bohan and family
    They showed a couple of early scenes that included the Clarkes and Jonny but thats it. Maybe the early footage no longer exists:confused:The dvd focused on long standing characters and the controversial storylines, people like Paul, Barry, Niamh,The Molloys, Renee/Christy/Eunice/ Heather/ Floyd,Bela and the Doyles,the Lovely Leo and his many wives, and my favourite character- Carol. It was brilliant to watch some of Carol's scenes over the years, especially the Billy Meehan era.Other highlights included Christy when Renee dumped him for Bob-Tom Hopkins did a great job there. The Malachy/Kay baby storyline was poignant. Paul seems to have spent his time impregnating women:D. It was also sad to watch Joan Brosnan Walsh who was a great asset and will be sadly missed. Overall I enjoyed the dvd but it seriously lacked early archive material.

jos28 wrote: »
    Has anyone watched the FC 20th anniversary dvd yet ? I saw it last night and was disappointed. There was little or nothing from the very early days of FC. The earliest scene was a very young Barry O'Hanlon bringing his washing home to his Mammy. The characters I remember from the beginning were:
    Dr Bohan and family
    They showed a couple of early scenes that included the Clarkes and Jonny but thats it. Maybe the early footage no longer exists:confused:The dvd focused on long standing characters and the controversial storylines, people like Paul, Barry, Niamh,The Molloys, Renee/Christy/Eunice/ Heather/ Floyd,Bela and the Doyles,the Lovely Leo and his many wives, and my favourite character- Carol. It was brilliant to watch some of Carol's scenes over the years, especially the Billy Meehan era.Other highlights included Christy when Renee dumped him for Bob-Tom Hopkins did a great job there. The Malachy/Kay baby storyline was poignant. Paul seems to have spent his time impregnating women:D. It was also sad to watch Joan Brosnan Walsh who was a great asset and will be sadly missed. Overall I enjoyed the dvd but it seriously lacked early archive material.

I am very disapointed to hear that, I loved remembering the early days and I thought they would have showed more of that, not sure whether to get it now :(

Tom, are you saying that just because I'm better than you are at Monopoly?

(All-purpose rejoinder (c) Fair City, 25/12/09.)

Keep that quite will you.

Dr Bohan and family

Ya agree with you. This is not something new when it comes to such dvds/programmes. ITV tend to stick to recent stories as well when they do programmes for Emmerdale and Coronation Street. Dont know about Eastenders coz i think that programme is crap and dont watch it. I suppose in a way it is down to poor research.

I am very disapointed to hear that, I loved remembering the early days and I thought they would have showed more of that, not sure whether to get it now :(

Wait for a few months till the price comes down a bit and it might be better value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Dr Bohan and family

Have to agree! Also... the bits where they cut back to filming recent stuff - seemingly at random - was a bit uneccessary!

• Advertisement

Wait for a few months till the price comes down a bit and it might be better value.

Yeah, will give it a few months, cheers. Have entered the Fair City competition on the website to win a DVD just in case :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement