Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Yvonne is looking great these days. Has she changed something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Johnny Giles

Yvonne is looking great these days. Has she changed something?

Meanwhile Dean's ex is looking like a dog's arse! (as usual)

Bit of a Michael Jackson:

3455279128_a07fb748ac.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Catsith

ahhhhhhhhhhhh
    Why can't Louie just let Yvonne and Connie be

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Lord that fight between Kylie and Tracey was useless. I expected more from Tracey with her being an ex hooker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

orla wrote: »
    Lord that fight between Kylie and Tracey was useless. I expected more from Tracey with her being an ex hooker.

I guess Tracey feels guilty

Can we expect a hook up between Leo and Kylie in the future now she will be living with him :rolleyes:

JP Liz wrote: »

Can we expect a hook up between Leo and Kylie in the future now she will be living with him :rolleyes:

God, I hope not. That would be just too creepy.

I could see her outstaying her welcome. That would put him in an awkward position.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Bit of a Michael Jackson:

3455279128_a07fb748ac.jpg

Michael Jackson could sing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Really enjoying Fair City at the moment, I think Christy is bloody hilarious at the moment :D I loved Bob's scenes with Zumo. I hope they bring Cass back soon, never thought I would say this but I am missing him :eek:

I still love Louie & Yvonne together, Connie I find boring but she isn't going anywhere :(

Loving Tracey & Dean at the moment, I don't like Kylie so I couldn't care less about her lol.

• Advertisement

angel01 wrote: »
    I still love Louie & Yvonne together, Connie I find boring but she isn't going anywhere.

She is a boring character, isn't she? I think she is too like Yvonne to be interesting. There is very little contrast between them as characters. That makes it hard to have drama when it is just the two of them on screen.

Imagine how much more fun it would be if Yvonne's girlfriend was a big, loud, vulgar, funny woman. It would bring Yvonne out of herself, and you could easily see such a character forming friendships with Carol, Christy, Tracey, Suzanne, Dean, Keith, etc.

As it stands, I find myself just waiting for Connie to disappear. Do you mean she isn't going anywhere as a character, or she won't be leaving the programme?

She is a boring character, isn't she? I think she is too like Yvonne to be interesting. There is very little contrast between them as characters. That makes it hard to have drama when it is just the two of them on screen.

Imagine how much more fun it would be if Yvonne's girlfriend was a big, loud, vulgar, funny woman. It would bring Yvonne out of herself, and you could easily see such a character forming friendships with Carol, Christy, Tracey, Suzanne, Dean, Keith, etc.

As it stands, I find myself just waiting for Connie to disappear. Do you mean she isn't going anywhere as a character, or she won't be leaving the programme?
    Now you see I completely disagree with you there. Connie works as a character because she is so unlike any of Yvonne's other partners, Mike, Louie, Richard...
    i.e. she's not rich and dosen't allow herself to be controlled or manipulated by Yvonne. The problem is the writers haven't given her enough to work with yet but there is potential for her in Fair City.
    She's better than a few other actresses eg. Kylie

Catsith wrote: »
    Now you see I completely disagree with you there. Connie works as a character because she is so unlike any of Yvonne's other partners, Mike, Louie, Richard...
    i.e. she's not rich and dosen't allow herself to be controlled or manipulated by Yvonne.

No, I agree with that. It's good that she isn't particularly mercenary, or business-minded. But wouldn't that have been better in a character who wasn't so like Yvonne in every other regard? It seems like a lost opportunity.

I have no problem with the actress. She's doing a good job with what she has. It's the fault of the writing, and maybe to some extent the casting.

No, I agree with that. It's good that she isn't particularly mercenary, or business-minded. But wouldn't that have been better in a character who wasn't so like Yvonne in every other regard? It seems like a lost opportunity.

I have no problem with the actress. She's doing a good job with what she has. It's the fault of the writing, and maybe to some extent the casting.
    The alternative though could easily have become the exact opposite of Yvonne, humble, dosen't stand up for herself, weak, boring to watch, not independent minded.
    Knowing the writers this could have easily have been Connie.
    Better to have it heading in the right direction than a mile wide of the post

She threatens to go but doesn't go :(

I find her very similar to Yvonne in ways and I just couldn't really care less about her. I think they need to give Connie a storyline of her own to show us what she is really like rather than being around Yvonne like a puppy all the time.

This weeks preview:

0002dfa0-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 1

Tuesday December 29th

Louie threatens legal action when Yvonne ignores his paternity requests.
    Connie has more regrets than resolutions as the new year approaches.
    Ali wants a new start with Colm, but Carol is none to pleased when she hears the news.

0002dfa2-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 2

Wednesday December 30th

When Malachy gives Lara an inch, Dolores' temper flares.
    Ali turns to Keith for some friendly advice.
    Ian and Orla's friendship is blossoming, this doesn't go un-noticed by others.

0002dfa3-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 3

Thursday December 31st

Sarah's soiree turns into a fist fuelled gala.
    Orla and Niamh are brought back together, as they remember Gina.
    Paul is thrown in at the deep end.

0002dfa5-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 4

Sunday January 3rd

Christy tries to ease the tension between Carol and Ali.
    Wayne and Cleo grow closer, but Cleo soon has to set him straight.
    Louie is on the war path.

0002dfa8-545.jpg

Meet the actors: Martina Stanley

This month we will interviewing Martina Stanley, who plays Dolores Molloy.

Dolores' dynasty in Carrigstown is littered with tragedy. What makes her tick?
    If you would like to ask Martina anything please email your questions to faircity@rte.ie, with the subject line Martina Stanley interview.
    We'll select the best questions and put them to him.
    The deadline for questions is Saturday January 16th.
    Dolores has had more up's than downs over her years in Carrigstown. Now with the return of her prodigal son Wayne, what is in store for her?
    What will the new year bring for what is left of the Molloy clan?

Thursday Episode:

It's the anniversary of Gina's death and Niamh and Paul's first wedding anniversary. Sad about the passing of her mother, Orla tries to persuade Niamh to celebrate, as that would be what her mum would wanted. Sarah's party is beginning and it seems that half of Carraigstown is there, which would be about 10 people, along with a few extras in the background miming 'Rhubarb, Rhubarb' to make the place look full. Orla and Keith asks themselves what Sarah sees in Ian, since he's a complete plank. Louie stumbles into the party pissed. UH-OH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Is Ali leaving/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Is Ali leaving/

lets bloody hope so.

• Advertisement

Is Ali leaving/

According to what I have read so far,
    yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I dont see why not; she was after Troy before she found out he was gay; then Dean before he went off with her step mother; an affair with Leo is the natural progession. I can see it now; she trying to seduce him over dinner before leading him upstairs

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ali can't leave... Is she does...
    there's a good chance I'll stop watching.

I came across her profile on a website for voiceover artists and it made me giggle :D
    A clear, light and unmistakeably youthful read. Cartoon characters a speciality. Fluent Irish speaker.

angel01 wrote: »
    According to what I have read so far,
    yes

Once aagain Angel, you have made my day :D:D

Once aagain Angel, you have made my day :D:D

Though I am not too sure, will keep researching :D

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Epicurus wrote: »
    I dont see why not; she was after Troy before she found out he was gay; then Dean before he went off with her step mother; an affair with Leo is the natural progession. I can see it now; she trying to seduce him over dinner before leading him upstairs

Aww, I'd forgotten about the relationship between Troy and Kylie, it's both a pity that he had to leave and that Kylie ruined it by making a move. :rolleyes: Was quite cute.

I wouldn't actually be suprised if we were given "Kyleo", they're both so desperate.

Id take Leo over Dean anyday. Deans a horiible little sneak. Leos so funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

Id take Leo over Dean anyday. Deans a horiible little sneak. Leos so funny.

Leo is unintentionally hilarious. The tears were actually rolling down my cheeks when he whipped out the guitar on Christmas, it was brilliant :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

jos28 wrote: »
    Has anyone watched the FC 20th anniversary dvd yet ? I saw it last night and was disappointed. There was little or nothing from the very early days of FC. The earliest scene was a very young Barry O'Hanlon bringing his washing home to his Mammy. The characters I remember from the beginning were:
    Paddy Clarke and his daughter Anne
    Jonny One and his landlady(I think her name was Lily??)
    Hughie/Natalie/Gary and the Pizza Parlour
    Dr Bohan and family
    They showed a couple of early scenes that included the Clarkes and Jonny but thats it. Maybe the early footage no longer exists:confused:The dvd focused on long standing characters and the controversial storylines, people like Paul, Barry, Niamh,The Molloys, Renee/Christy/Eunice/ Heather/ Floyd,Bela and the Doyles,the Lovely Leo and his many wives, and my favourite character- Carol. It was brilliant to watch some of Carol's scenes over the years, especially the Billy Meehan era.Other highlights included Christy when Renee dumped him for Bob-Tom Hopkins did a great job there. The Malachy/Kay baby storyline was poignant. Paul seems to have spent his time impregnating women:D. It was also sad to watch Joan Brosnan Walsh who was a great asset and will be sadly missed. Overall I enjoyed the dvd but it seriously lacked early archive material.

RTE's attitude to their archive material stinks.

As for early episodes of Fair City existing - they were sold to ITV for broadcast on UTV and HTV in the early 1990s so they are likely to hold copies.

If Fair City was made by ITV the chances are that season DVD sets would have been released by now. Probably by Network.

But because it's on RTE you can forget about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement