Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Meller wrote: »
    Leo is unintentionally hilarious. The tears were actually rolling down my cheeks when he whipped out the guitar on Christmas, it was brilliant :D:D

Dean's face was brilliant. You can tell the guitar at dinner is a Christmas ritual.

No wonder Troy didn't come home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I do love Leo, he is a great character. I am actually quite fond of Leo and his guitar playing & singing :D

Some more of this weeks coverage:

Connie can't believe that Yvonne wants to not only go through with the adoption but also wants to move to Australia once the dust settles. Louie is relishing every opportunity to put a wedge between herself and Yvonne. Connie is even beginning to regret moving home from Australia in the first place. Disgusted with Yvonne's selfish actions, she decides that she wants out and tells her that she wants to put an end to their relationship. When Rachel tells Yvonne that she thinks she should keep the baby, Yvonne begins to think twice about her recent rash decisions.

Elsewhere Dolores is growing increasingly tired from minding baby Jane. However the situation comes to a head when she and Malachy fall out when he lets Lara take baby Jane for a walk and fails to return at the agreed time. As Dolores begins to panic she turns on Malachy, before asking him to leave.

Meanwhile Sarah tries to convince Keith and co to party on New Year's and he reminds her that she is breaking her own non-partying rule. She tells him that she has turned a new leaf and is determined to be more fun in 2010...should be interesting!

Upcoming news:

When Niamh finds out that Paul is the father of Yvonne's baby, she is devastated and kicks him out of the house. Needless to say when Yvonne approaches him to ask if he is still going ahead with the adoption, he tells her that all of those plans are on the back burner as he doesn't even have somewhere to stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Meller wrote: »
    Leo is unintentionally hilarious. The tears were actually rolling down my cheeks when he whipped out the guitar on Christmas, it was brilliant :D:D

SAME HERE, it was a great party piece :) have to say I found fair citys christmas day episode was an hour of laughs, ok the kylie thing wasnt funny, but the bulgarian hamper and all the screen time Leo had it was great :)

Are we shure Rachels not Niamhs?? Shes fcukin annoying enough!!! Jesus christ! Can she go to Oz with Connie.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Catsith

What was with that slap. Fair City used to be ridiculously predictable but I didn't see Connie doing that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Catsith wrote: »
    What was with that slap. Fair City used to be ridiculously predictable but I didn't see Connie doing that

Domestic violence thingy? Maybe Connie has a ferocious temper and a tendency to slap people? I can see a whole story 'bout this - Connie served time in Oz for a violent attack on someone. Yvonne knows, but didn't say anything cos Connie swore it would never happen again..... but the violent attacks increase in frequency and severity and eventually Yvonne can take no more and a) tells Louis b)tells Deegan c) hits back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Mayoegian

Alice1 wrote: »
    Domestic violence thingy? Maybe Connie has a ferocious temper and a tendency to slap people? I can see a whole story 'bout this - Connie served time in Oz for a violent attack on someone. Yvonne knows, but didn't say anything cos Connie swore it would never happen again..... but the violent attacks increase in frequency and severity and eventually Yvonne can take no more and a) tells Louis b)tells Deegan c) hits back.

Does this actually happen?

Mayoegian wrote: »
    Does this actually happen?
    Eeerm, no this does not happen - I made it up.

Alice1 wrote: »
    Well people. You were looking for a storyline to make Connie more interesting.
    Be careful what you wish for.
    Now a crazy auzzie wife beater is loose in Fair City.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

Id take Leo over Dean anyday. Deans a horiible little sneak. Leos so funny.

UUGHHHH!! No waysers!! Dean is hot! Leo is old and sleazy

JaneyP wrote: »
    UUGHHHH!! No waysers!! Dean is hot! Leo is old and sleazy

No ways Dean really does not do it for me, but for an older guy Leo is not bad.

RTÉ's 'Fair City' had an average audience of 382,000 viewers on Christmas Eve, making it the third most popular programme that day, and 524,000 on Christmas Day, when it was the fifth most popular programme
    http://www.rte.ie/arts/2009/1230/rte.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Great stuff from Robert again;

Robert: Why dont we bring Dolores along. (To sarahs party)
    Cleo: Ya, sure why dont we invite your mother as well :rolleyes:
    Robert: You serious, you want to meet my mother.

Sundays episode:

Niamh is visibly upset after learning that Paul and Yvonne slept together. The fact that Paul only had to sneeze on Yvonne and she got pregnant might also be a reason for her tears. Sean finds out what happened and wants to punch Pauls lights out. I think the height difference may prove difficult. When Rachel finds out, she moves out of the hotel that herself and her dad are in and moves back in with her step mum. Elsewhere, Ali bids farewell to Lorcan Sr and his grave and meets Carol. After an initial argument, Carole realises that Ali has to move on and gives her daughter-in-law her blessing. The two share an emotional goodbye.

Tuesday:

Kylie's emotions are all over the place. First her father passes away and then she finds out that her boyfriend was having it off with her step-mum. She then receives a package from her real mum, Dominic's wedding ring. She heads round to Tracey's and presents it to her, but Dean asks her to leave. Elsewhere, Jo gets a call from Felix, asking her to take an emergency foster child. She agrees, but sacrifices Ben's day at the pantomime. Bella learns of what happened with Yvonne and Paul.

Really enjoying Wayne at the moment, He is brilliant :D

Fab to see Orla back but that Ian guy is such a sleaze! I like Rachel & Yvonne's relationship.

"What kind of person am I, I'm the kind of person who sleeps with my sisters man and gives my child; my children away"

Nice save from Yvonne regarding the children, who was the man Paul or Mike or has she forgotten about him.

angel01 wrote: »
    Really enjoying Wayne at the moment, He is brilliant :D

Fab to see Orla back but that Ian guy is such a sleaze! I like Rachel & Yvonne's relationship.

Agreed; he made me sick tonight; His looks didnt save his behaviour tonight.

Loved tonights episode.
    Good to see that Connie is staying.
    I knew she would but I thought Yvonne and hers acting was pretty good
    Not liking Ian at all at the moment

It was a really good episode I thought. Yvonne is looking really well at the moment.

Anyone who remembers Jasmine & liked her: this is what she is up to :

http://www.braypeople.ie/news/happy-ever-afters-opens-on-big-screens-1994426.html

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/news-gossip/jade-finds-her-own-happy-ending-1982526.html

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Who is/was Jasmine? I'm really liking Wayne - think he has great potential. Really hope he stays. Anyone know anything about future storylines/spoilers for next few months?

• Advertisement

rogercar wrote: »
    Who is/was Jasmine? I'm really liking Wayne - think he has great potential. Really hope he stays. Anyone know anything about future storylines/spoilers for next few months?

I am giving you spoilers on a week by week basis :p

She used to run the sandwich bar, in a few scrapes with Yvonne down the years :D

I love Wayne, I think he is brilliant. He has great potential, really liking him.

Wayne makes me laugh; devious little smile when Dolores threw Malachy out last night :D

Angel, thanks for that. I will keep watching. Your weekly updates will keep me going.Really loving Fair City at the moment. It has come on in leaps and bounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 mike rolite

Angel, thanks for that. I will keep watching. Your weekly updates will keep me going.Really loving Fair City at the moment. It has come on in leaps and bounds.

You think so? I am finding the constant rowing between characters becoming pretty tedious tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 mrniceguy2

fair city is arguably the worst show on tv

mrniceguy2 wrote: »
    fair city is arguably the worst show on tv

Thanks for that :D

No problem :)

Just watching now and Connie was so unbelivable there, Loving Wayne again, stirring it with Robert lol. His face when Robert mentioned Cleo loved his eyes, great scene :D

Orla & Sarah's bumps are big now!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 EDIROL

I know Orla is but is Sarah pregnant too?
    Crap scene with revalation of the real father, could have been so much better.
    Loving Ian, Sarah deserves every bit.

Ya, they're not even trying yo hide their bumps. Wayne is a great addition to the show. Thought all of tonights cast were really good. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Great episode tonight... Thought they used all the characters well... and thought all the actors pulled a blinder in their respective storylines...
    Props to Robert, Cleo, Wayne, Orla & Keith especially... Thought Ian was good as well and I usually don't like him all that much... They even managed to make Sarah interesting... I know a lot of people here aren't fans of Paul and Niamh, but they were both fantastic tonight as well, I thought...
    More episodes like this in 2010 and I'll be happy...

• Advertisement

Raaats, I missed it this evening - will watch repeat tomorrow. Sounds like fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement