Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

EDIROL wrote: »
    I know Orla is but is Sarah pregnant too?
    Crap scene with revalation of the real father, could have been so much better.
    Loving Ian, Sarah deserves every bit.

Sarah is pregnant also.

I did feel for Niamh last night :(

Thursdays episode

Tracey decides to be honest with Kylie and tells her that Dean was in love with her for a very long, even when she was married time, but he didn't actually love Kylie. Oh, way to kick the girl when she's already down. Maybe now she'll leave for good and give us all some peace. Sean attacks Paul with some harsh words and Niamh asks Bella if he will host Rachel's birthday party as she doesn't want Paul anywhere near her house. Kylie sees her dad's wedding ring in The Helping Hand window.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

angel01 wrote: »
    Kylie sees her dad's wedding ring in The Helping Hand window.

Wow, that hurts. I am starting to feel sorry for Kylie. She was never my favourite character, but she really is getting a kicking.

Happy New Year, everyone, and thanks for the laughs throughout the last twelve months. This thread has made me like the show more. And I have an idea for next year.

How about we start a thread for predictions for 2010? Then we can dig it up this time next year and see who got everything right. What categories should we use?

I can think of some obvious ones: Character to get pregnant. Character to die. Character to leave. Characters to get married. Characters to have an affair.

Any others? I'm sure there are five or six typical soap events I'm leaving out.

Happy New Year, everyone, and thanks for the laughs throughout the last twelve months. This thread has made me like the show more. And I have an idea for next year.

How about we start a thread for predictions for 2010? Then we can dig it up this time next year and see who got everything right. What categories should we use?

I can think of some obvious ones: Character to get pregnant. Character to die. Character to leave. Characters to get married. Characters to have an affair.

Any others? I'm sure there are five or six typical soap events I'm leaving out.

That is a great idea! That would be brilliant and add an extra edge to the show! :D

Just wanted to add, Happy New Year to you all, this thread really add's to the enjoyment of Fair City and all the best to you all for 2010 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Catsith

I missed yesterdays episode and the first 10 mins of the repeat today.
    Can anyone tell me what happened.
    Thanks
    P.S. Happy New Year everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Great idea about "predictions" so here's my one for this week - Niamh is already pregnant....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Alice1

deelite wrote: »
    Great idea about "predictions" so here's my one for this week - Niamh is already pregnant....
    Ah but is it Paul's baby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

Orla and Ian :eek: 2 slime balls, him especially!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

I prefer to see Orla with Keith

• Advertisement

JP Liz wrote: »
    I prefer to see Orla with Keith

Na Id like her with Ian, 2 slingebags together. Keiths wayyy too good for her. Maybe her and hmmmmm that american dude Annette was married to if he hadnt of died.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

I'd prefer to see her on her own. Total b!tch last night going off with Ian in front of Sarah. She's supposed to be friends with Sarah.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just made some predictions for 2010 in the other thread... let me know what ya think of them...

Epicurus wrote: »
    I'd prefer to see her on her own. Total b!tch last night going off with Ian in front of Sarah. She's supposed to be friends with Sarah.

I couldnt believe it either. Total bich!

Just made some predictions for 2010 in the other thread... let me know what ya think of them...

I thought they were really good! :)

Epicurus wrote: »

In all fairness, Sarah treats her so badly and probably doesn't even want her there. I can't stand Sarah. Such an annoying character, I liked seeing Orla patch things up with Niamh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 BarbieBellex

OMG! I never knew about this page. Great to see people who love the show as much as me!! Its really great lately with the Baby storyline, Damiens job hunting and Dean and Tracey!

My favourite characters are Ray (so funnyxx) and Dean!! (omg LOVE him!!! He is just such a lash!!)

I look forward to chatting with you all about the show in the coming weeks,months, years!!!:D

OMG! I never knew about this page. Great to see people who love the show as much as me!! Its really great lately with the Baby storyline, Damiens job hunting and Dean and Tracey!

My favourite characters are Ray (so funnyxx) and Dean!! (omg LOVE him!!! He is just such a lash!!)

I look forward to chatting with you all about the show in the coming weeks,months, years!!!:D

Hi Barbie :)

Welcome along! the more the merrier :)

Hi Barbie :)

Welcome along! the more the merrier :)

Absolutely.

Mind you, I've just caught up on the predictions thread, and I think I might ditch the show and just ring Captain Negative four times a week. Truck-bombs! Serial murders! Barry and Avi! How can the real thing compete with that?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Mind you, I've just caught up on the predictions thread, and I think I might ditch the show and just ring Captain Negative four times a week. Truck-bombs! Serial murders! Barry and Avi! How can the real thing compete with that?

:D haha... maybe I'll approach the Fair City producers about letting me write for the show... Took me about five minutes to come up with the storylines in the predictions thread... if I had time and was being paid to do it, I'd be unstoppable...

I can imagine all the actors going into the canteen throughout the year and they'd be like, "Bollocks, Cian wrote another script... someone's gonna die..."

• Advertisement

Review of the week in Fair City :D

Pity the same can't be said for Fair City. Wayne asked Dolores to become a financial backer in his business venture which Malachy felt would be a bad move. What is he, her minder? Colm and Ali grew closer and he realised that he and the single mother could be very happy together. After receiving an offer of a job in Leeds, the ex army soldier asked the newly died blonde and her son to move over with him. At first she said no, thanks to Carole's interruption. However, she soon realised that she would end up sad and lonely if she didn't take the chance. The trio went to say a final goodbye to Lorcan Sr at his grave and Carole arrived. Furious that Ali has decided to leave the two crows had a screaming match, but, for the sake of true happiness they kissed, made up, and said their goodbyes. But, all the serious drama was unfolding at Sarah's soirée. Connie, aware that Paul is the father of Yvonne's baby, thought it best to start the new year with some honesty and told Niamh the truth. New Year's just isn't Niamh's time of year.

great ideas

Another great episode. I actually liked Niamh & Paul again :eek: thought they both were really good. I don't feel much sympathy for Paul though as he has caused so much of it himself. Louie was quite good and bitter as well. I love it.

Nice to see Sean back and I enjoy his scenes. Sad scenes with Carol & Ali. I thought she may have at least said bye to Christy :confused: she just seemed to walk past him lol. Lorcan has grown so much since I last saw him :eek:

Loving Wayne again, he will stir up trouble and I will love every second!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Another great episode. I actually liked Niamh & Paul again :eek:

:eek:
    Louie was quite good and bitter as well. I love it.

Loved it when he handed the drink to him. Was totally unexpected.
    I thought she may have at least said bye to Christy :confused: she just seemed to walk past him lol.

To me she said goodbye to Christy at the gravyard; that was more of an Ali/Carol/Lorcan moment. I'll miss Ali.
    Loving Wayne again, he will stir up trouble and I will love every second!!

Wayne...another wannabe love cheat...Fair City is overflowing with them at the moment

Another great episode. I actually liked Niamh & Paul again :eek: thought they both were really good. I don't feel much sympathy for Paul though as he has caused so much of it himself. Louie was quite good and bitter as well. I love it.

I agree with you about Niamh and Paul and Louie. They are doing a fine job. I don't feel much moral sympathy for Paul, as you say, because it is completely his fault.

At the same time, he seems to be caught up in something that is spiralling out of control. It was one night - now it is going to wreck his marriage and destroy his future. It's like a film noir, really. An ordinary man makes one stupid decision, and his whole life implodes.

He's a good actor. I hope they keep this story going, and keep the marriage to Niamh realistic. She shouldn't forgive him too easily.

Wednesdays Episode:

Yvonne tells her dad that she is still determined to give her unborn child up for adoption. Bella, still horrified at what has gone on, tells Paul. Jo and Dermot loose sleep and, when new arrival Ryan spills juice over Dermot's computer, relations between the two grows worse. Tracey wonders what to do with Dominic's wedding ring. She wants to sell it, but, Dean tells her to give it away. Off she pops to The Helping Hand. Kylie won't be happy if she sees that in the shop window.

Tracey should give the ring to Kylie

JP Liz wrote: »
    Tracey should give the ring to Kylie

Kylie is the one that gives it to Tracey so surely it is up to Tracey what she does with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 BarbieBellex

All of my questions were asked so that's six of my questions asked :D
    ) : it wont quote the whole dean interview. So my post will make no sense but here goes nothing goobers!
    He said he met his gf on the set? Is she in the show?? My bets is that its Cleo!

Last night ep was excellent! Im really likeing niamhs acting!! She is great!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 eeyoreiss

Any hear the rumor that Fair city is to be Sponsored or part Sponsored by new online social networking site www.clubkeltic.com the deal is similiar to the one Subway sandwich bars did to save chuck on American TV

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement