Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

angel01 wrote: »
    Kylie is the one that gives it to Tracey so surely it is up to Tracey what she does with it.

but giving it to a charity shop is harsh surely giving it back to Kylie to keep would be the best idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

To be in with a chance to win some Fair City merchandise, answer the following question.

Wayne Molloy used to work in which Carrigstown eatery?
    To enter the competition..
    . Send an email to faircity@rte.ie
    . Please put Competition No. 8 in the subject line
    . In your email, tell us your answer
    . And don't forget to include your name and full postal address
    Only one answer per person will be entered in the draw
    Closing date: Sunday January 31st 2010. The correct answer will be published on the webiste on Monday February 1st 2010. The name of the winner will be published with the correct answer. If you prefer not to have your name published, please let us know in your email.

The Fair City Team looks forward to receiving your entries!

Since Niamh found out on New Year's Eve that Paul is actually the father of Yvonne's baby she has vowed to have nothing more to do with him and despite Rachel's pleas that they sort out their issues it doesn't look like this is likely to happen any time soon.

Meanwhile Yvonne still does not want to be a mother and she accuses Connie of telling Louie the truth so that they can keep the baby.

Sean is also unhappy with Paul and tells him exactly how he feels.
    Kylie throws herself at Dean and begs him to take her back while Wayne makes a pass at Cleo. Tense times for Jo and Dermot as they are caught up in an emergency fostering situation.

This week's preview:

0002e285-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 5

Tuesday January 5th

Dermot's livid with Jo when she drops their plans suddenly.
    Kylie gets a letter from her mother, which spurs a meeting with Tracey.
    Niamh tells Paul the baby is his problem now.

0002e287-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 6

Wendesday January 7th

Connie and Yvonne try to keep a low profile, but to no avail.
    Paul finds counsel in Barry, in his hour of need.
    Bela tries to set Sean straight.

0002e288-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 7

Thursday January 8th

The tables have turned when Dean is upset with Kylie and Tracey sticks up for her.
    At the Doyle's, big efforts are made to make Rachel's birthday a good one.
    Orla and Barry both advise Niamh on what to do.

0002e28b-545.jpg

This week's preview - Episode 8

Sunday January 10th

The pressure is getting to Paul and his health.
    Leo is finding it hard to forgive Dean for all the deception.
    There's reconciliation at the Fahey's when Dermot has a revelation for Jo.

Niamh looks really pregnant to me :eek:

The "acting" there or lack of it by Kylie was bad to say the least PMSL.

Love Jo & Dermot so much :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Johnnnybravo

That Deans some little bol*x. Hate even seeing him now the slinge.

And joe :rolleyes: what a whiney episode!

That Deans some little bol*x. Hate even seeing him now the slinge.

And joe :rolleyes: what a whiney episode!

Surely it's Jo :p I adore her.

I like Dean, I don't see what he did wrong this episode. he says it like it is. I like him & Tracey. Kylie is awful.

Surely it's Jo :p I adore her.

I like Dean, I don't see what he did wrong this episode. he says it like it is. I like him & Tracey. Kylie is awful.

Spelling Nazi :p Jeez :eek:

Hes a sneak. I like Kylie always liked her.
    Hes just a little bol*x.

As for "Jo" Id love to see Dermot having an affair with Kylie, ugggg she wags her finger at Dermot like hes a kid, no man would put up with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

As for "Jo" Id love to see Dermot having an affair with Kylie, ugggg she wags her finger at Dermot like hes a kid, no man would put up with that.

Kylie and Dermot :eek: Jeez it was suggested here recently that she have an affair with Leo. Cant think which one would be more suitable.

Kylies not having a good time with engagement/wedding rings lately.

I would like to slap Kylie repeatedly. I hate hate hate her.

I adore Jo and won't have a word said against her. She rocks. :D I want Jo & Dermot to be happy.

• Advertisement

Epicurus wrote: »
    Kylie and Dermot :eek: Jeez it was suggested here recently that she have an affair with Leo. Cant think which one would be more suitable.

Kylies not having a good time with engagement/wedding rings lately.

I dont see why she gave Tracey the ring. I wouldnt give her the steam off me p*ss if I was Kylie.

lol I think Kylie and Dermot would be great, hes really nice when hes not been nagged by that dog of a wife and Kylie could do with some minding now.

Jo taken on more kids and she cant even manage the one she have.

Jo taken on more kids and she cant even manage the one she have.

Two surely. :P she treats Derrmot as her child as well.

hahaha yea so true :D

In a loving way of course!

Grr at you Jo & Dermot haters,.. shame on you :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Catsith

Wow, Connie to the rescue there.
    I really hope that Paul and Niamh don't break up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

How about we split the difference, and set up Dermot and Leo? They are two mature men with a lot to offer. It could work.

Nice writing last night in the fostering story, I thought. The scene opens with Dermot teaching Ben about panto responses. Then Jo says she is cancelling the panto trip, and Ben says "Oh no you're not!"

Good lines for Connie as well. Her attack on Bela was nasty, but pretty justified. It was the first time I've liked her as a character.

Heather otherwise known as Una Kavanagh is directing a show at the Civic in Tallaght from 7th - 12th January.

Here is what it is about:

This show was influenced by the stories of the people from Anniston, Alabama who have been greatly affected by PCB’s (Polychlorinated Biphenyls) and the huge health implications that have been linked to them.

The company at the centre of these issues is now one of the worlds biggest distributors of G M products worldwide. Our story follows the community of Anniston and the real life Fox news journalists, Jane Akre and Steve Wilson who researched the GBH in milk in the U.S. and how they struggled to get the truth out about this company.

The show also deals with genetically modified foods and crops and how their use has effected the rain forests in Argentina, the children in China and sadly,the suicides of Indian farmers.

The show was written and devised by the company which include Sarah Brennan, Sarah Griffin, Stephen Kane, Naomi Mulvany and Roisin Walsh with Úna Kavanagh. The show is directed by Úna Kavanagh.

The cast include Sarah Brennan, Sarah Griffin, Stephen Kane, Naomi Mulvany, David O' Neill and Roisin Walsh

How about we split the difference, and set up Dermot and Leo? They are two mature men with a lot to offer. It could work.
    In one of the more shocking storylines of the year, Barry who has had his fair share of women in the past, begins to develop feelings for his friend and colleague, Séamus... At first Barry denies the accusations, but when Avi makes a move on Barry, the two become an item...

You're not leaving much for Malachy. He deserves some happiness as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭zesman

Are we seeing the real Dean. "Treacy do this, Treacy do that". Treacy can't stand up to him. Who actually own's the house now? If it's Kylie I hope she throws them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

You're not leaving much for Malachy. He deserves some happiness as well.

Don't tell me you didn't see a spark between himself and Wayne....

• Advertisement

zesman wrote: »
    Are we seeing the real Dean. "Treacy do this, Treacy do that". Treacy can't stand up to him. Who actually own's the house now? If it's Kylie I hope she throws them out.

Yea ditto. Hes horrible, the head on him youd swear he owns the house wouldnt you.

Hes as controlling as Dominic, just doesnt eat as many sandwiches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I hate Jo. She makes my blood boil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Catsith

Good to see Connie getting some scenes without Yvonne.
    Starting to get really annoyed by Joe.
    Sean was a real ass tonight but I guess he is just trying to protect his sister

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

zesman wrote: »

He was great last night, sitting in the chair and speaking for Tracey!! Sexy!!:D Is he gonna become a Billy Meehan type now I wonder? Tracey and Dean are two of the best actors in Fair City I think! I love their scenes! Paul is such a weasal now! Hope Niamh doesnt take him back! She deserves better than a man who will cheat! Fair city is full of them now it seems! The show has been great the last 3 months! Keep up the good work

orla wrote: »
    I hate Jo. She makes my blood boil.

Absolutely agree!!!

Shes such a freakin pain!

I can see Paul and Niamh getting back together; it might take until the baby is born though. Those two arent going to be kept apart for ever.

I felt sorry for Bela tonight when Yvonne was telling him about her adoption plans. How much more can he take.

Weren't Damien and Suzanne arguing about children recently. I cant remember who wanted and didnt. Could possibly become embroiled in this fiasco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

From watching Tuesday's episode I got a horrible feeling that Tracey has jumped out of the oven and into the frying pan.

deelite wrote: »
    From watching Tuesday's episode I got a horrible feeling that Tracey has jumped out of the oven and into the frying pan.

Im really hating Dean, hes shown no real nice side since christmas, even to Tracey. Hes very controlling.

Ps if he wanted to book a room in the centre he should of went to the counter himself and did it, yea really hating him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

Im really hating Dean, hes shown no real nice side since christmas, even to Tracey. Hes very controlling.

Ps if he wanted to book a room in the centre he should of went to the counter himself and did it, yea really hating him.

What about his tearful proposal in the snow?? That was beautiful?? Made me and me mum cry!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just caught up with the last couple of episodes... I don't care what anyone says, Clelia and Tony (Niamh and Paul) are two of the best actors on the show, and I think the last few episodes proves that they're great...
    Dermot and Jo storyline is great as well...
    I really wish someone would shoot Kylie in the face... can't stand her...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement