Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

deelite wrote: »
    Sorry just one other thing - how in God's name did Linda know where to look for her daughter? If she's so good at finding people maybe she can get the job of locating missing residents in carrigstown.....

That's funny. Did she just walk into McCoys?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭strongbluebell

Don't mind too much about Leo going missing, I can enjoy Fair City now that the threat of Charlie and his dodgy accents have been removed. Maybe he stay permanently in Canada.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

ratmouse wrote: »
    I was only just thinking the same thing myself recently-where are certain residents of Carrigstown gone?? Suzanne and Damien seemed to have vanished. Doloroes hasn't been seen for a while. And what cout that girl Lara who's pregnant and living with Dolores? Surely she must be nearly due at this stage! And where exactly is Yvonne living? She only ever seems to arrive into work, but is she living with Bella or somewhere else??

Yvonne kicked Una (with the fada) and Keith out of their apartment as it was Mike's and she wouldn't renew the lease - I think Lara will give birth on Easter Sunday and Jo and Dermot will adopt the baby. Suzanne had a baby in real life.

Damien is in England having an affair with Dominick - (well it could happen)....

gogglebok wrote: »
    That's funny. Did she just walk into McCoys?

No she walked into the newly opened "Hungry Pig" - I mean that's the first place you'd look for your missing daughter isn't it......!

No she walked into the newly opened "Hungry Pig" - I mean that's the first place you'd look for your missing daughter isn't it......!

"What can you tell us about the missing girl?"

"Well, she likes cheeseburgers."

I hope they're not bringing in a new raft of teenagers, but this one seems to be pretty good. I could see her ending up with Keith and Una, if Keith is the Da. Keith would be funny dealing with a stroppy teen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

The actress that plays Una is pregnant so she will be going off to the land of MIC for a while. Reckon that will take her out of the teenager story.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The actress who plays Keith Duffy's girlfriend has the most fantastic skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

That Una's sister one's acting skills are extremely bad. Even by fair city standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Miss Gulch

Isn't Hilda Fay who plays Tracey also pregnant?

Lara left Dolores and moved in with Christy and Malachy, then her drug dealer reappeared and she went off with him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

Whats all this about louie's cousin?? I cant remember him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭robo

It was announced today that Anna Manahan who plays Ursula has died.
    Death announced of actress Anna Manahan

The award-winning actress Anna Manahan has died at the age of 84.

Born in Co Waterford, Anna Manahan trained at the Gaiety Theatre in Dublin and worked with many famous names, including Michael MacLiammoir and Hilton Edwards at The Gate.

She went on to become an internationally recognised actress on stage, television and film.
    Her television roles included parts in The Riordans, The Irish RM and Fair City, while her extensive stage work included Big Maggie, which was written for her by John B Keane.

She was nominated for a Tony Award 1969 and won a Tony in 1998 for her part as Mag in Martin McDonagh's The Beauty Queen of Leenane. In her 80s she continued to tour and perform

She had recently spoken out on the rights of elderly people and was a patron of Active Retirement Ireland.

Tragically widowed in her early 30s, she never remarried, and had been living with her brothers in Co Waterford. She was granted the Freedom of Waterford city in 2002.

Minister for Arts, Sports and Tourism Martin Cullen expressed his sympathy on the death of Anna Manahan.

Minister Cullen said: 'When people talk about great influential Irish actresses they talk of Anna Manahan. That is a testament to her talent.

'The way she shared her talent and creative spirit with others was one of her greatest gifts to all of us during the course of her life.'

Chairman of the Arts Council Pat Moylan said: 'The Council is deeply saddened at the passing of Anna Manahan. Anna was a consummate professional, with the art of theatre acting in her bones.

'Her work brought pleasure to audiences throughout Ireland and the world, and she will be sadly missed by all of her colleagues and friends in Irish theatre.'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

robo wrote: »
    It was announced today that Anna Manahan who plays Ursula has died.

RIP.

She's still in the soap - came back in recently - isn't she?

Zippie84 wrote: »
    RIP.

She's still in the soap - came back in recently - isn't she?

She was back for a while when Lara was living with Dolores.

I suppose we have to hope that the actress and her relatives didn't see any of the crass (and unoriginal) insults she was subjected to on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Miss Gulch

MaryCat! wrote: »
    Whats all this about louie's cousin?? I cant remember him?

He turned up when Mike died and claimed he was Louie, then made a claim for all his assets etc. As Yvonne was still his wife she claimed half of it and Geraldine was his business partner and owned half the Bistro so they bought him out and then it turns out that he was infact their cousin so scammed them all! Annette was the solicitor who dealt with it so she could be in trouble!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Helgo Mesk

...and what happened to Geraldine? She disappeared pretty rapidly..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Zippie84

Helgo Mesk wrote: »
    ...and what happened to Geraldine? She disappeared pretty rapidly..

the real louie bought her out of the hungrypig a few weeks ago...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

RIP Ursula. :(

I hope barry doesnt go to jail

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

una is practically giving birth at this stage, they should really limit into headshots because it's so embarrassingly obvious!

i love the helping hand. a secondhand shop, it's genius

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Hmmm impressive.... 11 minutes in and everyone is getting on well... how long will this last

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

RIP Anna Manahan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

Fair City hasn't been that bad lately. The Bob and Renee storyline was good except for that three hander episode.

And what is Annette thinking by taking off with a bottle of vodka? The woman is only out of Rehab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭CSC

Great to see the dodgy solicitor back in the programme.

CSC wrote: »
    Great to see the dodgy solicitor back in the programme.

What is his name again?

Farrel or something. I seem to remember him being with Carol a long while back. I never really liked him, but he really did stick it to Annette the other week.

Can somebody please clear up the following for me thanx:-

I think I've missed something even though I've been watching can anybody tell me what Barry changed the front page to (he got fired because of it)?

What does Una's sister work at - and how is she affording that place on her own?

When did Seamus partake with Angela - I know she was chasing him - but I didn't know he lay down with her (as he was with the blonde at that time - can't remember her name Niamh's cousin).

Where's Annette's secretary gone - Andrew?

What exactly is Dermot's job now - and seeing as Jo volunteers at the "shelter and the Helping Hand" how in God's name are they affording childcare and the mortgage?

Does Ally still own a share in the garage?

What did Keith and the others do with their lotto win? (I know Ray put his into shares but they should be gone now with the recession)

Where are all thoses "rickshaws" gone - have they left Carrigstown?

Sorry this list is endless..

Can somebody please clear up the following for me thanx:-

I think I've missed something even though I've been watching can anybody tell me what Barry changed the front page to (he got fired because of it)?

What does Una's sister work at - and how is she affording that place on her own?

When did Seamus partake with Angela - I know she was chasing him - but I didn't know he lay down with her (as he was with the blonde at that time - can't remember her name Niamh's cousin).

Where's Annette's secretary gone - Andrew?

What exactly is Dermot's job now - and seeing as Jo volunteers at the "shelter and the Helping Hand" how in God's name are they affording childcare and the mortgage?

Does Ally still own a share in the garage?

What did Keith and the others do with their lotto win? (I know Ray put his into shares but they should be gone now with the recession)

Where are all thoses "rickshaws" gone - have they left Carrigstown?

Sorry this list is endless..

I don't think I've ever seen Una's sister in a workplace setting. Perhaps Ringo pays for the apartment?

I'm sure Ally does still own a share in the garage, but she hasn't been near it in a while. Wasn't she occupied in that fling with the fella who was teaching in the community center and the triangle with Kylie?

I haven't seen Dermot work in a while either. These days he just seems to pop up here and there and then fade into the backround again.

Where is Anthony? Annette's A.A friend? I would have thought they would have him there for her with what she's been through with Rehab.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

• Closed Accounts Posts: 497 ✭✭znv6i3h7kqf9ys

Don't know. Nothing on WIKI, must have been an extra or played a siko.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

jos28 wrote: »
    Anyone know what character this guy played
    I remember reading about this in the papers a while back, and he was only an extra on the show and not an Actor.

• Advertisement

I remember reading about this in the papers a while back, and he was only an extra on the show and not an Actor.

Is it the same guy?

The weird thing is that he used his appearances on Fair City as a plea for mitigation. "Admittedly, your honour, I did this terrible thing. On the other hand, I have given joy to thousands on Ireland's favourite soap opera." I like Fair City, but I don't think it should be a legal defence. Imagine what someone really popular like Christy could get away with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement