Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

angel01 wrote: »
    Plenty of people do :confused:

Yeah....but not in every second scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

Maybe because he's a builder? A lot of builders eat sandwiches all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

HAHA!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
    I LOL'ed when I saw Dominic eating sandwiches tonight!! You were absolutely correct Janey!! Although i never noticed it before!

Great line tonight! Christy: Dominic is just a little Prickly
    Louis : I'd say thats one syllable too many!!!!! LOL!!!:D:D:D:D

Also that guard at the end talking to Barry and McAleer HAS to be the WORST actor of all time in the history of Fair City!!

MaryCat! wrote: »
    I LOL'ed when I saw Dominic eating sandwiches tonight!! You were absolutely correct Janey!! Although i never noticed it before!

Also that guard at the end talking to Barry and McAleer HAS to be the WORST actor of all time in the history of Fair City!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed. It was like the man was reading his lines from a card. He really was a lousy actor.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

I agree! Same boring tone!
    Pulled in off the streets?

• Advertisement

Hour long episode on St Paddys!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Because he is another Fair City "Contemporary Ireland" stereotype.... Builders eat sandwiches.

He used to eat breakfast rolls and coffee from the Bistrot until the recession kicked in. sad really.

Even with the recession, they're all still drinking coffee in McCoy's.
    And they've got three or so people working at a time in there. Recession? Louie laughs at recession.
    Tubbers wrote: »
    Also what is the craic with yer man now runnin the pub,missed how that came about in between psychic interventions, maybe una and sister are psychic aswell and that's how they pay for the apartment, with on the side tarot readings.

Christy? Louie?
    Christy owned some of the pub when Una & Bob were running it.
    Louie bought it then.

Bold = Line of the year.

That cop was awful. Just look at the hand movements!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Funny one. I nearly choked on me Dominic special. There was a couple of good one liners. Carol saying "As soon as a cop opens his mouth everyone gets an alibi!" Billy Meehan would be proud. :D

Tomorrow night's episode looks good. Poor Annette is finally tracked to a hotel where she is in a drunken stupor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Eddie_1980 wrote: »
    Tomorrow night's episode looks good. Poor Annette is finally tracked to a hotel where she is in a drunken stupor.

That sounds good, looking forward to it.

• Advertisement

That sounds good, looking forward to it.

I'm looking foward to it myself. It should be a really good episode. I like Annette when she's drunk. She can be really nasty and sarcastic and she nearly always causes a scene. Roll on 8pm!

Domnicks eating sand-wedges again!

Dominic is one whingy man. He'd wanna cop on and grow up. It was plain nasty what he said to Tracy about being a prostitute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

Fabulous episode tonight!! It was hard to follow what was going on with Annette!! One minute she was compleatly sloshed and asleep on a matress and the next she seemed fine??

LOVED the drunk Kareoke!!! Brenden kept getting Dermot to top up his wine to numb himself to the pain of it!!

Leo back is GREAT!! And what a return!! He was saving everybody tonight!!:D

Dean's drunken puke was priceless!! Totally grosso!!:eek:

Dominic is such a horrible person! Poor Tracey! Why is she still with him??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Stephen: "Little Pup"
    :Takes off in a run after the kid that stole the drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I think Dominic will kill tracy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

new lows

I thought it was a good episode last night, I enjoyed it. I was laughing to myself when I saw Dominic eating another sandwich :pac: :D

I think this Dean/Tracey/Dominic thing is going to go on and I laughed to myself when Heather mentioned Joe Duffy haha... thought Heather and Jo were very funny last night doing the karaoke!!

Dominic is one whingy man. He'd wanna cop on and grow up. It was plain nasty what he said to Tracy about being a prostitute.

I agree, Tracey should just leave him, he is a nasty horrible man :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Apart from Dominic eating sandwiches I thought the episode was terrible - I mean Jo and Heather seemed to be sloshed before they started drinking (overacting at its best) and as for Dermot and Brendan they seemed to be as sober as judges.

However it was great Leo was back - he must only sign his contract when a possible love interest is coming his way.

I read that Annette goes to New York - and also that apparently in last nights episode Jo was meant to make a pass at Brendan - didn't see that!!!!!

• Advertisement

deelite wrote: »
    Apart from Dominic eating sandwiches I thought the episode was terrible - I mean Jo and Heather seemed to be sloshed before they started drinking (overacting at its best) and as for Dermot and Brendan they seemed to be as sober as judges.

However it was great Leo was back - he must only sign his contract when a possible love interest is coming his way.

I read that Annette goes to New York - and also that apparently in last nights episode Jo was meant to make a pass at Brendan - didn't see that!!!!!

Jo and Brendan :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

deelite wrote: »

I thought Heather played a great drunk!! The hospital scene was plain weird though! It looked like a slumber party!!!

The scaffolding thing was a bit limp, yer man just getting caught up there!! Leo was putting out fires all night!! A hero!!

I wonder where this Dean/Tracey/Dominic story is going? Dean and Tracey have a good chemistry but I cant see them together as a couple though. Tracey would be good with Det. Deegan I think

LOL'ed @ Leo's line when Annette smashed the wine "probably for the best"

I also agree about Annette. I didnt understand if she was supposed to be drunk or what!! Also, for an alcoholic who has been A.W.O.L for the past few weekies!! Her hair and make-up were immaculate!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭ManFromAtlantis

maybe Dominic could get a job as a sandwich-board man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭ratmouse

I'm a big fan of Fair City but, am I the only person who thatought that last night's episode was completely pointless in terms of the story lines (apart from the Dominic-Tracey-Dean story line)?

I thought Heather played a great drunk!! The hospital scene was plain weird though! It looked like a slumber party!!!

The scaffolding thing was a bit limp, yer man just getting caught up there!! Leo was putting out fires all night!! A hero!!

I wonder where this Dean/Tracey/Dominic story is going? Dean and Tracey have a good chemistry but I cant see them together as a couple though. Tracey would be good with Det. Deegan I think

I also agree about Annette. I didnt understand if she was supposed to be drunk or what!! Also, for an alcoholic who has been A.W.O.L for the past few weekies!! Her hair and make-up were immaculate!!!:D

I thought there was some funny moments last night.

Heather and Jo were a laugh when they were drinking the cocktails. I agree about them seeming drunk before they even had their second one though. Brendan and Dermot were truly disgusted :D

Annette did actually look smashing after being on a 5 day booze binge. You'd expect her to be all haggard looking with scruffy hair and no make up, but she was dolled up to the nines and switching between sober and pissed drunk. Loved the scenes she caused and the attacks she carried out on people.

The whole teenage drinking thing actually bored me, although it paved the way for Stephan to get another line. "The little pup" :D

Dean was really stirring things with Domonic last night. I was laughing my head off at the "Big Dom" thing. So funny. He was legless by the end of the episode:D

Leo's line was a classic. It is good to have him back!

I thought there was some funny moments last night.

Heather and Jo were a laugh when they were drinking the cocktails. I agree about them seeming drunk before they even had their second one though. Brendan and Dermot were truly disgusted :D

Annette did actually look smashing after being on a 5 day booze binge. You'd expect her to be all haggard looking with scruffy hair and no make up, but she was dolled up to the nines and switching between sober and pissed drunk. Loved the scenes she caused and the attacks she carried out on people.

The whole teenage drinking thing actually bored me, although it paved the way for Stephan to get another line. "The little pup" :D

Dean was really stirring things with Domonic last night. I was laughing my head off at the "Big Dom" thing. So funny. He was legless by the end of the episode:D

I loved the Big Dom thing too and you could see it was annoying Dominic and that made me laugh even more.

Do you reckon Barry goes to jail?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

akaredtop wrote: »
    This thread is quite sad. That people waste their lives watching this rubbish.Get a life turnip-heads.

You're right. It's hard to think of something as pointless and wasteful as watching a television show and then talking about it.

Well, I can think of one thing more pointless. Can you guess what it is, akaredtop?

I loved the Big Dom thing too and you could see it was annoying Dominic and that made me laugh even more.

Do you reckon Barry goes to jail?

I reckon there is a big chance he will go to Jail. Fair City have a Prison set anyway so if it does happen they might show scenes of him while he is inside.

Anyone remember when Mick was in Mountjoy? The set was as wooden and fake looking. Since when are Prison Cell doors made from wood :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭akaredtop

Get a life. Read a book. Go for a walk.Soaps are made for the lowest common denominator.You can be brain dead and follow this stuff.In fact it probably helps if you are.It is not real. It is not art.What is it, only garbage.Badly scripted and badly acted.If this is all you have to live for you might as well call time now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement