Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

There was a detective called John
    who was known to rough up the odd con
    and even more callous
    he never rang Alice
    after six months of leading her on.

I'll be adding something scurrilous about Louie too, as soon as I can think of a rhyme for Angel.

I was trying to do one with Louis there. The only things that rhymes with Louis are pooey and chewy! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

There was an old girl called Jo
    who could not go with the flow
    her finger she wagged
    poor Dermot was dragged
    out of bed away from Leo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

There was a detective called John
    who was known to rough up the odd con
    and even more callous
    he never rang Alice
    after six months of leading her on.

I'll be adding something scurrilous about Louie too, as soon as I can think of a rhyme for Angel.

That ones great. If you can think of any involving your old pal CaptainNegative and either Neasa or Cleo that'd be great.
    The one I entered involved Wayne, but I ain't posting that here until after the competition.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I had to laugh at Dean & Leo tonight, very funny scenes :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 366 ✭✭Gibson101

Brilliant episode tonight. Some fantastic one liners from Carol tonight as well as Esther. Dean being Leo's wingman for the wedding is a great touch. Loved Dean's rendition of "Single Ladies". Love the chemistry with the both of them, they are excellent together. Nice to see Neasa back :D Zumo had a lovely glint in his eye when he was trying to chat her up. Damien putting wasabi sauce in mark's bread. Some great little moments tonight. Just a great episode tonight.

I know how Niamh feels when she looks at the scales :eek::(

angel01 wrote: »
    I know how Niamh feels when she looks at the scales :eek::(

Is it a good idea to talk about someone's weight problem so openingly like that?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Kid Shilleen

Gibson101 wrote: »
    Is it a good idea to talk about someone's weight problem so openingly like that?:confused:

Mayber if Niamh actually had a weight problem. It's glaringly obvious she doesn't. She looked stunning tonight.

Taking off the ring before stepping back on the scales. That's genius acting or direction. Whichever, a great touch.

Mayber if Niamh actually had a weight problem. It's glaringly obvious she doesn't. She looked stunning tonight.

Taking off the ring before stepping back on the scales. That's genius acting or direction. Whichever, a great touch.

Yes it was a nice touch. Thought that was a lovely comic moment.

Gibson101 wrote: »
    No it wasn't, but Esther doesn't care, she just wants the money :eek:

I thought it was funny when she took the shoes and ring off, does she not know the rule.. weigh yourself first thing in the morning, you weigh less then :D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Why is there a need for a mayor election. Whats the idea of manifestos etc. What difference do what each thinks matter. The position has no power. The way they go on you swear it was like an american presidential election. Why could they not have the characters run for a place on the local council that may have become vacant. would make much more sense then.

If there was a need for a mayor of Carraigstown, why not then make it a charity thing each year, where the person that collects the most money is the mayor for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Alice1

Thanks for that Meeja - twas brilliant!

Where has Eileen been recently. After all the trouble Bob gave her over Carols apartment I thought she'd have been all over him after he stole from Charlotte.

Nice scene of Bob and Zumo in the taxi office. Bobs playing s dangerous game. Couldnt believe he favoured Louie though; thought he'd despised him more than Zumo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yay Neasa is back! Good times...

Epicurus wrote: »
    Where has Eileen been recently. After all the trouble Bob gave her over Carols apartment I thought she'd have been all over him after he stole from Charlotte.

Nice scene of Bob and Zumo in the taxi office. Bobs playing s dangerous game. Couldnt believe he favoured Louie though; thought he'd despised him more than Zumo.

I think it was because he wanted to get at Zumo and he is number 1 enemy at the moment! :eek:

I miss Eileen :(

Yay Neasa is back! Good times...

I thought it was a nice touch with Dolores & Judith talking about Neasa with Damien in the background :D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Thanks for the well wishes Angel and Meeja, I Passed!!! :D Still don't believe it. I'm shattered now but will watch tonights FC tomorrow and post a limerick in celebration for either Leo, Charlie or Esther, depending on which one I send into the competition. Did anyone find out what dealbreaker Suzanne and Louie were talking about in the credits for last night?

Night :) still floating, mightn't need the car at all now :)

Eyespy wrote: »
    Thanks for the well wishes Angel and Meeja, I Passed!!! :D Still don't believe it. I'm shattered now but will watch tonights FC tomorrow and post a limerick in celebration for either Leo, Charlie or Esther, depending on which one I send into the competition. Did anyone find out what dealbreaker Suzanne and Louie were talking about in the credits for last night?

Well done!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Eyespy wrote: »

Great news. Well done!

• Advertisement

I am really looking forward to the rest of the Dillon family, I know we know lots about Neasa but interested to see how the rest do.. there did need to be more females in the show so good to see that addressed!

I forgot to mention that I love Dolores & Wayne's scenes, her mentioning that all he seems to be interested in was the money, it seems to be true these days :eek:

Now for something a little bit different about the new Dillon family....;):D

With the much-hyped arrival of the Dillon family into Carrigstown next week, leading bookie Paddy Power are taking bets on which of the sibling sexpots will be first to set pulses racing in RTE’s flagship soap ‘Fair City’.

The bookie is offering odds on which of the three sassy sisters will be first to have an affair and make flirty Neasa Dillon their long odds-on favourite after the sexy blond tempted married debt collector Damien Halpin into her bed earlier this summer. Feisty Neasa is also favourite to be the first sister to become pregnant and to tie the knot.

Older sister Caoimhe is the bookies 5/6 favourite to be first to get arrested and also carries the dubious honour of being the most likely to exit the series first also at odds of 5/6.

Betting is also available on which member of the Dillon Family will be first to get the ‘Gift Grub Treatment’ and become a regular character voiced by Mario Rosenstock on the Today FM Breakfast Show. Dad, Tommy, played by Geoff Minogue is the current 5/4 favourite.

Paddy Power said “It looks like Charlie’s Angels are coming to Fair City and if Neasa’s antics with the debt collector are anything to go by it seems that Carrigstown is set for some wild ride”

Fair City’s New Family

First to have an affair
    • 1/25 Neasa
    • 8/1 Caoimhe
    • 20/1 Dearbhla
    First to get pregnant
    • 8/11 Neasa
    • 7/4 Caoimhe
    • 4/1 Dearbhla
    First to be arrested
    • 5/6 Caoimhe
    • 11/8 Neasa
    • 5/1 Dearbhla
    First to get married
    • 5/6 Neasa
    • 5/4 Caoimhe
    • 6/1 Dearbhla
    First to declare bankruptcy
    • 8/11 Caoimhe
    • 6/5 Neasa
    • 8/1 Dearbhla
    First to start a business
    • 1/1 Caoimhe
    • 11/10 Neasa
    • 5/1 Dearbhla
    First to leave the series
    • 5/6 Caoimhe
    • 11/8 Neasa
    • 5/1 Dearbhla
    First to become a regular character on Gift Grub
    • 5/4 Tommy
    • 2/1 Neasa
    • 5/2 Caoimhe
    • 4/1 Judith
    • 5/1 Dearbhla

Now for something a little bit different about the new Dillon family....;):D

With the much-hyped arrival of the Dillon family into Carrigstown next week, leading bookie Paddy Power are taking bets on which of the sibling sexpots will be first to set pulses racing in RTE’s flagship soap ‘Fair City’.

The bookie is offering odds on which of the three sassy sisters will be first to have an affair and make flirty Neasa Dillon their long odds-on favourite after the sexy blond tempted married debt collector Damien Halpin into her bed earlier this summer. Feisty Neasa is also favourite to be the first sister to become pregnant and to tie the knot.

Older sister Caoimhe is the bookies 5/6 favourite to be first to get arrested and also carries the dubious honour of being the most likely to exit the series first also at odds of 5/6.

Betting is also available on which member of the Dillon Family will be first to get the ‘Gift Grub Treatment’ and become a regular character voiced by Mario Rosenstock on the Today FM Breakfast Show. Dad, Tommy, played by Geoff Minogue is the current 5/4 favourite.

Paddy Power said “It looks like Charlie’s Angels are coming to Fair City and if Neasa’s antics with the debt collector are anything to go by it seems that Carrigstown is set for some wild ride”

Fair City’s New Family

First to have an affair
    • 1/25 Neasa
    • 8/1 Caoimhe
    • 20/1 Dearbhla
    First to get pregnant
    • 8/11 Neasa
    • 7/4 Caoimhe
    • 4/1 Dearbhla
    First to be arrested
    • 5/6 Caoimhe
    • 11/8 Neasa
    • 5/1 Dearbhla
    First to get married
    • 5/6 Neasa
    • 5/4 Caoimhe
    • 6/1 Dearbhla
    First to declare bankruptcy
    • 8/11 Caoimhe
    • 6/5 Neasa
    • 8/1 Dearbhla
    First to start a business
    • 1/1 Caoimhe
    • 11/10 Neasa
    • 5/1 Dearbhla
    First to leave the series
    • 5/6 Caoimhe
    • 11/8 Neasa
    • 5/1 Dearbhla
    First to become a regular character on Gift Grub
    • 5/4 Tommy
    • 2/1 Neasa
    • 5/2 Caoimhe
    • 4/1 Judith
    • 5/1 Dearbhla

:D:D That is fantastic, but there's no mention of the young lad in the family.

He has been forgotten about lol, I guess its because he is quite young :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i lol'd so hard at the limericks!

i'm not going to enter myself, but just made this poor example up for the craic;

there once was an aul bat named esther
    who spoke words that she would not let fester
    so when niamh saw the scales
    and found out esther's tall tales
    she kicked her ass off to manchester
    :D:D:D:D

i wish! bahahahaha

What are the odds on one of those Dillon girls being Leos date at Paulines wedding.

• Advertisement

That Paddy Power thing is hilarious. The writers will make a fortune!

Calling the three of them "Charlie's Angels" will definitely stick. I can see that on the cover of the RTE Guide before too long.

Epicurus wrote: »
    What are the odds on one of those Dillon girls being Leos date at Paulines wedding.

Think of the aftermath.

In a dark hotel bedroom one night
    Captain Neg got a terrible fright
    when he saw lovely Cleo
    at the left side of Leo
    while Neasa reclined on his night.

(This would have been so much filthier if I wasn't such a gentleman.)

Jenny Kavanagh Interview:

0003a83a-545.jpg

Meet the Actors: Jenny Kavanagh.

After a troubled childhood, Cleo has found stability and love in the home of Dolores Molloy. Now a respected chef, and in a committed relationship, Cleo is proud of what she has achieved; as well as very protective of it. Between Jenny Kavanagh's busy Fair City schedule, and training for an Everest climb, we posed your questions to her.

What has been your favourite storyline to work on so far?
    The last five years on the show has been amazing. My part was originally just for six weeks, and to be here five years on is brilliant. I have learned so much and made some amazing friends.
    What's it like playing someone who was once homeless?
    When I was in the middle of the homeless storyline it was tough. I would see people sleeping on the streets and it would break my heart. No one wants to be homeless, so to play it and give it justice was important to me. Now, Cleo is a success story, you don't hear about them all the time. She's one that you have watched grow up and become a woman, a woman with determination to succeed.
    Would you like to see Cleo and Robert get married?
    Maybe, who knows? Robert has kind of backed Cleo up against a wall by not letting the fact that she doesn't want to see her mother go. Although she's lied, I don't think he'll understand why she did. But she loves him very much; Cleo should get her happy ever after.
    If you could play any other character on Fair City, who would you be?
    Ooooh, I would be Neasa, the newbie! She bolted on the scene and has turned lives upside down already. She is feisty, flirty and maybe a bit bitchy, which is always a fun combination to play. Plus she has fabulous clothes..ok, ok, could I please look like her too?
    Who's your favourite person in the cast to work with?
    Ah, now that's not fair, there are loads who are great fun. Alan Devine could be high on the list. He's great fun, a great actor and always on the ball. Sarah Flood is great craic. Victor Burke is one of the funniest men I've ever met. I suppose I have to top the list though, undoubtedly, with Martina Stanley. Five years of her being the on screen-mammy, and a little bit off screen too. Always there for a chat, a great laugh, always wants to run lines and she gives great advice.
    Do you think Cleo is risking her relationship with Robert, with all her lies?
    Absolutely, you risk what you have with anything when you tell lies. Cleo loves Robert, but she felt she had to do what she did to keep him, and also to stay happy. She doesn't want to see her mother again and that's her choice. Robert doesn't see he should respect that. The truth always comes out eventually so hopefully when it does Robert will understand why.
    If Cleo were to break up with Robert, who'd you rather see her form a relationship with - Doug Ferguson or Leo Dowling?
    Eh ok!! There's a bit of a contrast there isn't there?? It's the toy-boy or the sugar daddy. I suppose, Cleo and Leo would not work. She would probably rob him blind, or crash one of his taxis, (love Dave Duffy though, legend) so I suppose it's toy-boy Doug for her. I would hate to be in the room with Doug and Cleo for an argument!
    How similar are you to the character you play on the show?
    Playing her for so long bits of the character and me always spill over into each other a bit. I'm feisty, fiery person and so is she, though Cleo has a tad more aggression. She's a soft heart though and doesn't want it to be broken again.
    Cleo is a great cook - do you like to cook yourself?
    I like to sometimes, I'm no Jamie Oliver but I live to eat, so I cook pasta a lot and chicken.

Is there any truth to the rumour that Cleo is going to give up her job in the Hungry Pig to pursue a career as a Mime in an upcoming storyline?
    Ha ha ha ha ha! What??? That's genius if it's true. The writers don't really tell us about future stories so I don't know. But I would love that, though I don't know if it's Cleo's kind of thing.
    What's the most embarrassing thing you've had to do/has happened to you on set?
    Most embarrassing thing that I've had to do, probably the bed scenes but the thought of that was worse than it was. Things that happened to me? Definitely falling on my bum in the middle of a scene. It was funny after I got helped up though.
    Do you get recognised by many people when you're out and about?
    Yes. It's mostly fun though and people can be lovely. I've been on the show for a long time so I'm used to it.
    Do you enjoy getting feedback from your fans?
    Absolutely, that's always nice. People are lovely to us and I love chatting to people.
    What is it like to work with Martina Stanley (Dolores), and Victor Burke (Wayne)?
    Martina Stanley is like a mammy to me at this stage. I love her so much and working with her is always a pleasure. Victor Burke is the best craic; he makes us laugh so much. Victor is also very level headed, he knows what he's talking about, and has given me some great advice.
    Is the accent you speak with as "Cleo" close to your own accent?
    No, not really. I was asked to make it stronger in the beginning.
    What do you like about working on Fair City?
    The people, the craic, and the fact that I am working and experiencing my dream to be an actor.
    What's the most difficult thing about working on Fair City?
    Sometimes the hours can be really long or you could be waiting around for a scene. As Jim Bartley says "it's the waiting around we are paid for, the acting is free".
    If you hadn't of gotten into acting, what do you think you'd be doing as a career?
    I'd probably be a DJ. I still do a bit on the side. My Dad is a DJ, and before I got Fair City I was just starting to do gigs. Acting was always going to be a part of my life though, no matter what. I'm just blessed with how it's worked out.
    If you could work alongside any actor in the world, who would you most like to work with?
    Ryan Gosling, Anthony Hopkins, or Denzel Washington. I can't choose, they're all amazing.
    What is your dream role to play?
    That's a tough one too. Stage; I would love to play Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady. Film; anything gritty and daring. Throw a challenge at me and I'm happy.
    To donate or support Jenny on her climb to Everest, log onto www.hopechallenge2010.com.

Louie needs one as well....

Louie you are quite a sight
    you make my day so bright
    angel is my name
    it would be a shame
    if I cant kiss you good night

PMSL at the Cleo & Leo link :D:D

Nice to see she mentioned Alan Devine ;):D

• Advertisement

I'm glad they asked my mime question, although it'd be better if that was actually and upcoming storyline...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

hahaha savage louie limerick that was!

alan devine; a man so fine
    like a tall glass of wine
    oh i wish he could be mine

just kidding, i'm married :p:D

that was a great interview with jenny kavanagh! the way she talks about victor... so not only is he funny on FC, he's funny in real life too! he'd be gas craic to hang out with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭eimearcmh

That Paddy Power thing is hilarious. The writers will make a fortune! QUOTE]

Thats brillant....i may get myself some contacts in RTE:p

hahaha savage louie limerick that was!

alan devine; a man so fine
    like a tall glass of wine
    oh i wish he could be mine

just kidding, i'm married :p:D

that was a great interview with jenny kavanagh! the way she talks about victor... so not only is he funny on FC, he's funny in real life too! he'd be gas craic to hang out with!

Alan is married too.....

to me :D I wish :(:(

Saw this in the herald about the Gaiety school of acting:
    Fair City actress Lisa Harding, who plays Connie Doyle, is a former student of the school who now teaches creative writing at the establishment.

"I have huge fondness for the school and great memories," she told the Herald. "I think now that I am as much a writer as an actress. I have to thank Patrick at The Gaiety for introducing me to the writing bug, he made me realise I could do it!"

Did they marry in the end to become a Doyle? she should really still be Connie Boylan...

I'm glad they asked my mime question, although it'd be better if that was actually and upcoming storyline...

Am i the only one that dont have questions asked. Maybe i am just going too much straight in there with them.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Am i the only one that dont have questions asked. Maybe i am just going too much straight in there with them.

Think they asked all my questions and I had about 10 of them - were your questions similar to anyone else's?

Think they asked all my questions and I had about 10 of them - were your questions similar to anyone else's?

Cant remember, but none of them sounded familiar.

As soon as I saw the Mime question, I could feel the hand of Captain Negative. Brilliant.

I really must start asking things. I think those interviews are mainly condcted from this thread.

Deise Tom wrote: »

I normally have my questions asked, what kind of questions are you asking?
    As soon as I saw the Mime question, I could feel the hand of Captain Negative. Brilliant.

I really must start asking things. I think those interviews are mainly condcted from this thread.

Its great seeing your questions answered (at least it is to me anyway :o) I didn't submit any for that interview though :(

Great episode tonight, loved the scenes with Ray/Leo and Louie and I was laughing away at Ray joking about Louie :D I can't help loving Leo, he does make me smile. Brilliant character!

Damiens face at seeing Neasa.. love it.

Finding this mayor storyline a bit pointless but I do like Esther & Carol..

Sidenote, where has Ms Moneypenny gone :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Sidenote, where has Ms Moneypenny gone :(

She hasn't been on for a while - the last I heard she was going to watch the movie 32A (Keith is in it).

deelite wrote: »
    She hasn't been on for a while - the last I heard she was going to watch the movie 32A (Keith is in it).

Maybe she scored with Keith and then hopped on the 32A :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Still didn't get to watch any of this weeks FC yet :(

But
    There was a lad his mother called Zummy,
    whose family life was incredibly gloomy
    His dad in the joy, his brothers on the lam
    now his ma isn't talking but he don't give a d@mn
    Just roars at Wayne "Bring that shampoo over to me"

and

There was a decent man, Leo Dowling
    whose voice was inclined towards growling.
    So when Ray went tsk in a game of risk
    Leo defended Bob and was brisk
    and saved Bob's reputation further fouling.

Great Episode last night. A great mixture once again of comedy and humour. Can't wait to see what happens on Sunday. Could Neasa be Yvonne's replacement?

I thought I could see Neasa and Louie hooking up :eek:

I thought I could see Neasa and Louie hooking up :eek:

I'd imagine Caoimhe (Neasa's older sister) and Louie would be more likely from what I've heard.

I'd imagine Caoimhe (Neasa's older sister) and Louie would be more likely from what I've heard.

I think we'll see the two sisters fighting over a man. If there's anything better than a super-bitch in a soap, it's one blonde super-bitch, one black-haired super-bitch, and a twenty-minute fist-fight between them.

Hmm, anyone other than Suzanne is fine by me :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Im liking/hating this major storyline. Its good cos we get to see fiesty Carol but hate it cos i want to punch Esther every time she opens her mouth! God she annoys me. I think i missed part of an episode but when did Damien and Suzanne decide to start trying for a baby???

• Advertisement

Fair City shocker
    Christy Phelan, Fair Citys lovable shopkeeper is to have his life turned upside down when it emerges that his fiancee, Carol Foley, is his daughter. This stunning revelation comes about after Carol reunites with her estranged mother, Breda Dunne, in time for her wedding. Breda recognises Christy as the man she was in love with over 40 years ago and declares that he is Carols father.

Users of Internet forum Boards.ie have made known their dislike of the couple with one user Angel01 claiming "when I look at her and Christy, it is like she is sitting down with her father"

The news is set to destroy Christy for two weeks until he catches the eye of newcomer Neasa Dillon.

This may not be true.

Finding this mayor storyline a bit pointless but I do like Esther & Carol..

I could see Esther and Carol being related somehow though. I'm enjoying their current battle to be mayor. Deise Tom said that it's not the American President they're going for - The Carrigstown Mayor is way more important. They are very similar characters. Esther remarked that Carol was beneath her, it would be interesting if they were grandmother/granddaughter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement