Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

angel01 wrote: »
    That was a lovely scene, Niamh is a great actress that could easily play a role on the UK soaps I think.

She pulls off dramatic confrontations perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Eddie_1980 wrote: »
    She pulls off dramatic confrontations perfectly.

Eddie and Angel, I agree with both of you here. I would consider Niamh one of the best people in any of the soaps. I can't believe she didn't get nominated for best actress in the TV now awards.

I can't decide between herself and Paul or Keith and Una for best couple. What do you think?

There are a few Fair City people up against each other. Bob or Ray? Tracey or Yvonne? It's hard to decide. I voted for one bunch at work and one at home. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

tbh, i really don't like niamh; as a character she's a bit of a pain. and her and paul are an incredibly dull couple to me, he seems more a moody waste of space than anything. i'm really indifferent to whether they're around or not. it also annoys me how crappy they're both being towards barry right now, especially paul.

edit: oh, just read some news in the paper!
    dom beats up tracey!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

He deserves it tho!

god Barry, wish he just get wrote off .

emo!! wrote: »
    He deserves it tho!

god Barry, wish he just get wrote off .

hahaha i love barry, i think he's hilarious. right now his angst is annoying i agree, but back when he was working on the paper and constantly pestering everyone, i loved him. it was so funny, everyone hated him lolz

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Meller wrote: »
    tbh, i really don't like niamh; as a character she's a bit of a pain. and her and paul are an incredibly dull couple to me, he seems more a moody waste of space than anything. i'm really indifferent to whether they're around or not. it also annoys me how crappy they're both being towards barry right now, especially paul.

dom beats up tracey!

:(:(:( at that spoiler, I could feel that coming for a while :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

I agree! I love Barry! He is soooo Downtrodden, like nothing good ever happens to him, its really funny! That talk Paul gave him over christmas when he said "Your so boring, id nearly sleep with Seamus McAleer myself!" ROTFL!!! He is up there in my top 5.

1.Leo
    2.Ray
    3.Dean
    4.Tracey
    5. Barry

My fave characters are:

1. Leo
    2. Niamh
    3. Carol
    4. Tracey
    5. Dean
    6. Paul

ooh lists of favourite characters, never thought about that! it's difficult... i can't really put an order on it.

Leo
    Keith
    Una
    Bob
    Troy
    Mick
    Carol
    Ray (when he's not depressed)
    Sarah (she's been grating on me a bit lately with more recent storylines, but i loved her when she was a bit younger)

i don't know, alot of what i like is interaction between different characters though... and i really loved Mike, Floyd, Terence and basically everybody else who seems to get killed off :p oh and Ken, he was my favourite before he got with that Deirdre one, he was always causing trouble...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

Meller wrote: »

dom beats up tracey!

Tracy is such a fool for putting up with the big cranky baxtard for so long. What the hell is she doing with him anyway? Maybe he gives good sandwich

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Only started watching again recently so don't know a lot of the new characters that well, but I reckon the top 5 characters are as follows;

5. Det. John Deegan
    4. Leo Dowling
    3. Dominic Kavanagh
    2. Christy Phelan
    1. Ray O’Connell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

LOL! Everyone has Leo in their top 5!! Well, Im not gonna be difficult ladies and gents!!

1.Leo
    2.Dean
    3.Dermot
    4.Deegan
    5.Tracy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭ohanloj3

angel01 wrote: »
    That was a lovely scene, Niamh is a great actress that could easily play a role on the UK soaps I think.

Niamh is the worst actress in the world, and the programme in general is awful! The private lifes of some of the actors would make better viewing, I knew a few who are poor evil!

1. Troy
    2. Tracy
    3. Annette
    4. Carol
    5. Dean

I've put a poll up for voting for our favourite characters. I'm sure I've left out some obvious people, but I think I included everyone who's been mentioned here.

Interesting poll thanks!

Will check it out now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

gogglebok wrote: »
    I can't decide between herself and Paul or Keith and Una for best couple. What do you think?

:eek: Ahh it has to be "Una and Keith":D:D:D They at least give me a good laugh:D:D I have enough problems of my own without watching "Paul and Niamh" carrying the weight of the world on their shoulders:(
    Pity "Ray and Keith" aren't up for "Best Couple"

Pity "Ray and Keith" aren't up for "Best Couple"

Wow, that's quite a mental image! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

You know you can vote for your fave soap and characters ect.
    TVnow awards

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 LemonLyman

It had been MIA for so long that I was beginning to doubt it ever existed...but at 8.10 tonight it returned with a vengeance. I speak of none other than Jo's "lookit". I claim my finder's fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Dominic: You're mine!

lol at dominic ahhahaha.
    also dean is such an hilarious pain... i love how christy's all 'ger out' for no reason to him and you just seem him storming off through the doors, lmao
    also leo and... adam's mother... are looking like the most predictable and dull couple ever, leo deserves better 8(( i loved caro, "i collect men", haahha, she was great. yer woman is just boringgg

8( i think rte should have a messageboard set up for fair city on their page myself

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

NEWSFLASH !!!
    Dominic did not, I repeat, did not have any sandwiches tonight.
    What is happening with the world ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Do you know what's bugging me now - Leo's Taxi Firm - and can somebody please answer the following: -

1. Who actually drives the Taxis, apart from Leo's and his new love interest?

2. Who's answering the phones while Ray is out of action? (Dominic could do that job and eat sandwiches at the same time)

3. Where's Tim and his wife gone - are they doing all the airport runs now????

4. Surely one or two of the drivers might pop into McCoys after their shift for a pint? (By the way where are the big tv screens gone to in McCoys)

5. I thought it strange that Pauline never got in touch with Leo - when Lana disappeared.

I am so glad I can watch online as I missed last nights episode. Fair play to Tracey for standing up to Dominic, it is about time she said something to him.

I thought Jo, Dermot, Brendan & Heather were really amusing and Brendan's line about coming to the pub for the entertainment was good :D

Liked the scenes with Annette and Barry, hope Annette comes back soon.

Leo was fab :D oh and again Carol made me laugh with her comments about Lorcan :D

Annette is gone :(

For good?? :eek::(:(

Another one. What happens this time?

• Advertisement