Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

SoapFan27 wrote: »
    Oh and has anyone noticed that the makeup dept have gone overboard on Rachel lately, she looks ridiculously brown, hope someone tells her soon.

Yeah, it looks really bad - and she's such a lovely looking girl. I think Niamh would have pulled her up on it by now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Loving the wayne/dolores/pete scenes, very funny :D
    Great to see Damien having good times again, hope he fully recovers from the hard times he has gone through.

Another poster asked about Dean a few pages back, I want to know where he is too, he definitely should be mixing with Wayne and Damien these days. Hope they are not going to just bring him back a week or so before Tracey arrives back, that would be fairly lazy of the writers.

Oh and has anyone noticed that the makeup dept have gone overboard on Rachel lately, she looks ridiculously brown, hope someone tells her soon.

To me they have tried to make her too grown up too early, I remember wearing lots of make up after I have left the house but it seems Paul & Niamh don't really care :eek: She looks way older than Zak and Charlotte..

I know I am probably boring the world to tears here but I am loving watching Wayne & Damien.. come to think of it, Wayne with anyone, always makes it enjoyable for me. :o:D It is so nice to see Dolores & Pete happy :)

Would have loved to have met those actors :(

Good to see Decco back!

Just another reminder, vote for Fair City to get some silverware at the IFTA Awards!

http://www.rte.ie/ten/tvawards2010/vote.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I actually noticed this last night as well. Her hair seemed weird as well, like they thinned it out at the ends. Bit of a mushroom head on her now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I hope this is not history repeating itself (but it would be a terrific storyline if it was the case - weird but different). Is young Rachel going to develop a crush on Barry - just like her stepmother did all those years ago?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

Loving the wayne/dolores/pete scenes, very funny :D
    Great to see Damien having good times again, hope he fully recovers from the hard times he has gone through.

Another poster asked about Dean a few pages back, I want to know where he is too, he definitely should be mixing with Wayne and Damien these days. Hope they are not going to just bring him back a week or so before Tracey arrives back, that would be fairly lazy of the writers.

I agree re Dean. I love his scenes with Leo! They are another comedy duo like ray and Keith, jo and dermot and Wayne and Damien! Was there an episode that explained where he went?? I might have missed it. I loved his story with Tracey. The scene in the snow sticks in my mind. It was beautiful. I think it was last Christmas?? Angel am I right?? Lol!!

This Sunday & Next week!

Sunday

Decco is released from custody and Deegan and Vivienne fail to persuade him to shop Ritchie. He relents and tells them that Ritchie is in Amsterdam. He later admits to Zumo that he made that up. Carol pretends to be sick so she doesn't have to go to work. Neasa is coy with her family when they learn she is going on a lunch date. They wonder if it's serious as she is so excited. Decco learns that Ritchie knows where he is and he has to meet him. Vivienne rises to Eileen's challenge to accompany Decco to meet Ritchie. Zumo offers to go too.

Bob and Turlough meet Neasa and he references his history with Neasa to Turlough. She glares at Bob as she leaves. Yvonne lets slip to Niamh that Orla cheated and Niamh downgrades her mark to a five. Orla argues with her saying that she is enjoying being a mean person. Judith calls to Vivienne and realises that it was her who took the painkillers. She agrees to turn a blind eye to it.

Yvonne warns Turlough about Neasa's fickleness with men. Neasa tells him they don't get on well. Turlough states that he doesn't care about Neasa's past. The Bishops meets Ritchie and his gang. Vivienne tells him that Decco wants out and Decco pleads with Ritchie. Zumo tells Ritchie that Decco did not rat on him to the guards and only gave false leads. Vivienne warns Ritchie that the Bishops have a strong backbone and if anything happens to her son he'll be sorry. Ritchie leaves.

Tommy meets Turlough and Neasa and is shocked to learn they are on a date. Tommy tells Turlough he is too old for his daughter and is taking advantage of her. Neasa tells him he has a problem because Turlough is in a wheelchair. Neasa tells Turlough she doesn’t want anyone to come between them. Louie insists to Yvonne that there is nothing happening between himself and Neasa. She confides in Louie that Carol has pre-wedding doubts.

Vivienne is surprised and delighted when Decco apologises to her and expresses hope that they can start again. Louie calls to Carol, who is working in Phelans, and tells her he knows she is not sick. She cries saying she doesn’t know what to do as she doesn't want to hurt Christy. They kiss passionately. With the help of Neasa, Turlough stands up and walks.

Tuesday
    In the early morning, Bob catches Carol knocking on Louie's door. She pretends that she has lost her keys but Bob's suspicions are raised. Dolores tells Pete that she’s going to the donor seminar and Pete assures her she’ll be fine. In the Dillons' den, Caoimhe tells her parents that she doesn’t want any fuss about her 21st birthday. Tommy tells Neasa that she is with a middle-aged waster and neither he or her mother are happy with her boyfriend.

Carol freaks out to Louie about Bob knowing. She tells Louie that she's going to confess to Christy about their relationship. Dolores goes to the donor conference and meets a girl called Lucy Mallon who tells Dolores she read about her on the donor website. They bond and Dolores learns that Lucy may have Jessica's corneas as she had the transplant six years ago in February 2005. Later she confides in Wayne that she may have met the recipient of Jessica's corneas.

Caoimhe flirts with Decco to annoy Tommy and he reacts angrily. In the surgery, Vivienne expresses her concern to Judith about Decco staying with them. While Judith is sympathetic, she does warn her not to steal painkillers from her again. Tommy arrives in and tells Judith that Caoimhe cannot hang around with Decco and Judith needs to tell her. In McCoys, Carol fights with Louie in front of Bob to put him off the scent. Louie tells Carol that she may have roused his suspicions even more. They row for real this time and Louie tells her that she is letting Bob ruin their love life.

Lucy meets Wayne and Dolores in McCoys and reveals that her parents are having a hard time but doesn’t reveal what is happening to them. In the Hungry Pig, Caoimhe reveals to Neasa that she fancies Dean. She admits to using Decco to make her dad unhappy and Neasa warns her that it could end in tears. In another corner of the Hungry Pig, Decco asks Vivienne if he can stay for a while longer. She reluctantly agrees.

Turlough and Neasa's time in the park is ruined when Bob approaches and tells Neasa that she owes him a favour and if she doesn't spy on Louie and Carol, he’ll reveal to Turlough her secret past. In the surgery, Decco arrives in wearing his best shirt to impress Caoimhe but pretends that he wants to see Judith about his arm. Caoimhe is extra nice and leads him on. In McCoys, Bob tells Neasa that he will tell Turlough that she accused an innocent man of rape if she doesn't spy on Carol and Louie.

Wayne admits to Pete and Dolores that he fancies Lucy. Decco admits to Vivienne that he fancies Caoimhe and she encourages it saying that the Dillons are no better than them. In the Dillon household, Caoimhe agrees to have a 21st birthday party in the house if she can bring Decco. Neasa also insists that she wants to bring Turlough. Tommy loses his temper with them. Pete warns Dolores not to get too attached to Lucy. A stressed and frustrated Neasa agrees to spy for Bob.

Wednesday
    Bob reminds Neasa of their deal and she questions why he is doing this. Wayne visits Pete and Dolores, plying them with shampoo gifts and asking them to put in a good word to Lucy for him. Caoimhe agrees to have a party so that she can get Dean to go along to it as he will cater for it. Outside Phelans, Carol makes a show of being loved-up with Christy in front of Bob. Lucy calls to Dolores and confides to her that her parents are in financial difficulties.

In McCoys' backroom, Carol and Louie share a passionate kiss. Louie reminds her that the longer they go behind Christy's back, the harder it will be for them. She tells him that she wants to forget about it for one night. In the surgery, Decco calls to take his mum out for lunch just so he can talk to Caoimhe. Caoimhe tells Tommy that she’s having her party and Decco overhears this. She asks him to fix the magazine and laughs behind his back which Judith spots.

A distraught Neasa witnesses a loving exchange between Carol and Louie which confirms her worst fears that they are together. She tries to prick Carol's conscience about it later hinting that you should be honest to your partner. Caoimhe asks a delighted Dean to cater for the party and to go clubbing with her afterwards. Neasa tells Caoimhe that she wants to tell Turlough what happened between her, Damien and Bob. In Vivienne's, she spots a really expensive bracelet that Decco bought for Caoimhe and tells him not to give it. Decco furiously accuses her of not thinking he is good enough.

Turlough reveals his past to Neasa in order for her to come clean to him. But his faith in her innocence makes her go along with a story that Bob concocts. In Vinos, Pete, Dolores, Wayne and Lucy have dinner. Pete quietly suggests to Wayne that Dolores may be convincing herself of the link between her and Jessica. Despite his feelings for Lucy, Wayne becomes uneasy. Judith realises that Caoimhe has lead Decco on and asks her to rectify the situation. After dinner in Vinos, Wayne unhappily admits to Pete that Lucy may not be as innocent as she looks. A tearful Neasa is forced to tell Bob that Louie and Carol are having an affair.

Thursday
    Wayne resolves to speak to Dolores about Lucy. Bob watches knowingly as Christy pleads with Carol to decide where she wants the wedding as it's only six weeks away and they have nothing planned. Lucy calls around to Dolores's house offering to pay for some of the food or taxi that Dolores paid for last night. Dolores refuses to take the money. She goes to the kitchen and Wayne barges in not realising that Lucy is there, saying that he doesn’t approve of Lucy. Neasa warns Bob to keep her involvement a secret and that she has her debt paid to Bob. He decides to go with Turlough to McCoys and try and figure out how he is going to announce his news.

Wayne follows Lucy to try and apologise and she tells him that he won’t be seeing her after today. Decco rejects Vivienne's apology saying that she is a snob and she was worried that history would repeat itself. He goes to Caoimhe's desk and asks her if she’s looking forward to the party. She informs him that it’s family only and he is mortified. Vivienne then attacks Caoimhe telling her she knows that she has been making fun of Decco behind his back and tells her she's watching him. Louie uses Carol's worries over Bob to put pressure on her to tell Christy of the affair.

Dolores and Lucy meet for their ‘last lunch’. Dolores coaxes information from Lucy about her parents' financial information and she reveals that they owe €5,000. Wayne enters and while Dolores calls him a ‘thoughtless lump of a son’, he pays for their meal as an apology. In McCoys pub, Judith tells Tommy that she doesn't think herself and Vivienne work well together anymore. Bob and Turlough enter the pub and Neasa fears that Bob is going to reveal all. Tommy misinterprets this and thinks that Turlough is upsetting her. Bob calls on Louie and Neasa, who is sick with worry and faints to take the attention away from them. Tommy and Turlough rush to her side and out of guilt she rejects Turlough in favour of Tommy.

Charlotte has lunch with Decco and he lets her miss the rest of school to go to the cinema with him. Caoimhe enters and to spite Vivienne asks a thrilled Decco to the party. A smitten Wayne is delighted when Lucy agrees to go for coffee with him. Christy corners Carol and tells her that they need to book a wedding venue. She pretends that Bob is harassing her for a job and is stressing her out. Decco raises cash for Caoimhe's party by shifting stolen goods. He has decided to get another surprise for the night. He tells a depressed Vivienne that he’s going to the 21st.

Bob accuses Neasa of faking her illness to prevent him from revealing the affair. Pete reveals to Wayne that Lucy was looking for €5,000 for her parents. In Dolores's apartment, Lucy gratefully accepts a cheque from a maternal Dolores. Back in Bob and Turlough's house, Turlough warns Bob not to try and blackmail Louie. Neasa calls over and he warns her that her lies are putting their relationship in jeopardy.

angel01 wrote: »
    Just another reminder, vote for Fair City to get some silverware at the IFTA Awards!

http://www.rte.ie/ten/tvawards2010/vote.html

Done and Dusted - if I win that comp you're my date for the night btw:D

deelite wrote: »
    Done and Dusted - if I win that comp you're my date for the night btw:D

Likewise :D:D We could mingle with the Fair City stars again... ;):D

Some really good episodes coming up from reading those spoilers..:)

• Advertisement

Eradicate wrote: »
    I agree re Dean. I love his scenes with Leo! They are another comedy duo like ray and Keith, jo and dermot and Wayne and Damien! Was there an episode that explained where he went?? I might have missed it. I loved his story with Tracey. The scene in the snow sticks in my mind. It was beautiful. I think it was last Christmas?? Angel am I right?? Lol!!

You are correct :P I loved the scene in the snow with Tracey, beautiful scene...

No he has wandered off, must have took Leo with him :(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,053 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I hope this is not history repeating itself (but it would be a terrific storyline if it was the case - weird but different). Is young Rachel going to develop a crush on Barry - just like her stepmother did all those years ago?

Snap! I was thinking the same thing!

To me, I wouldn't like it :( Rachel is a bit too young... :o

How old was Niamh when the storyline with Barry happened?

To me, I wouldn't like it :( Rachel is a bit too young... :o

How old was Niamh when the storyline with Barry happened?

15 or 16 I think.

15 or 16 I think.

Thats why I feel it is not right to have a storyline like this with Rachel. As far as I know, she is 13 I think.. maybe 14 at most

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

15 or 16 I think.

She was doing her leaving cert so 17 or 18.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭glengirlie

I really hope not, that would not be nice. He is soooo much older now, than when Niamh was a teen. They could pick someone a little closer to her age if they are going to go down that route, but I reckon, Rachel will have some very good story lines in the years to come.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

glengirlie wrote: »
    I really hope not, that would not be nice. He is soooo much older now, than when Niamh was a teen. They could pick someone a little closer to her age if they are going to go down that route, but I reckon, Rachel will have some very good story lines in the years to come.

If they were involved in such a realtionship, wont he end up in jail now.

SPOILER BELOW... BE WARNED>>>>>

An injured Decco staggers back to his mother Vivienne's home in Carrigstown after he is stabbed. His mother feared the worst for her missing son after Detective Deegan informed the family on Sunday night that a body had been found, which they believed to be Decco's.

The garda told the family the body was unrecognisable -- but when he revealed the victim had a number of tattoos, the family asked the officer to bring photographs of the body art to their home. Vivienne and her other son Zumo prepare for the worst -- only for Decco to stagger home injured while Zumo decides to see the body for himself in the morgue.

Upon opening her front door, Vivienne is confronted by an injured Decco, who collapses and asks his mother or help. He reveals a stab wound but refuses to say what has happened. A fearful Vivienne rushes off to the surgery to steal medication for him when he refuses to go to the hospital.

Zumo arrives a short while later and is shocked when he sees Decco and attacks him for putting them through unnecessary grief. He insists that younger sister Charlotte, who is battling cancer, stays with grandmother Eileen for safe keeping and Decco leaves before night fall.

Vivienne ensures that a weak and vulnerable Decco stays the night with her. He later breaks down to his mum, telling her he is scared for his life.
    "For Decco to turn to his mother shows how frightened he is," said David O'Sullivan, who plays Decco.

"He obviously has no one else who will help him and feels that Vivienne is the only person he can trust in this situation. "Decco has hated Vivienne since she returned to Carrigstown. He blames her for a lot of things that have happened to him in the past. But when the going gets tough it seems that his mum is the person he needs to most.

"Who knows maybe this is the beginning of something special between Decco and Vivienne. But his reappearance into her life may also spell trouble for her."

Deise Tom wrote: »
    If they were involved in such a realtionship, wont he end up in jail now.

Yeah I think he would go to Arbour Hill for it - what if Rachel develops a crush on Barry (throwing herself at him etc.,) but he doesn't act on it....leading Niamh to have a bottle of wine with Barry and recall "old times" in more ways than one....

Two things if the garage is losing money how come Keith is up to his eyes?

Secondly - I waited to see Decco's tattoo - seeing as there was a big discussion about the size of it before he turned up at the door - and surprisingly when he disrobed there was no sign of one (unless there's one on his buttocks or inner thigh) or unless I need to go to Sight Savers....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Dublin people do not say 'Anyways'...they just don't...!!! And Dublin Grannies don't wear aprons 24/7...whether they work on Moore St or not! They have OTHER clothes arrrggghhhh!!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

I'll say it once and I'll say it again! Zumo can't act! Otherwise, a pretty decent episode

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mont_

Can any1 tell me where Neasa got her coat that she was wearing in tonights episode (18.01.11)!!!

Mont_ wrote: »
    Can any1 tell me where Neasa got her coat that she was wearing in tonights episode (18.01.11)!!!

Might be best asking the wardrobe department in RTE :p

Fittle wrote: »
    Dublin people do not say 'Anyways'...they just don't...!!! And Dublin Grannies don't wear aprons 24/7...whether they work on Moore St or not! They have OTHER clothes arrrggghhhh!!

Oops I say it :D and I am from Dublin... you must not have met my mother then :eek::D

You're quite right about "Anyways" I normally say "Inanyways".....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

I'm luvin the whole Bob and Turlough story line.
    I thought Carol was great on the girls night out. Her sharp wit is brilliant,...I'd like to see more of it. Thought her and Louie were going to get caught last night when they were snogging in the office. The box of chocolates was a bit of a lame pressie though. Considering the expensive necklace he gave her recently.
    I'm not convinced by the Bishops. They're becoming a bunch of "softie toughies". I preferred it when they were causing trouble for the locals.
    I'm also really enjoying the Wayne and Pete story. I get a good laugh from Wayne. He plays the part of a sponger really well.

You're quite right about "Anyways" I normally say "Inanyways".....:D

Nobody I know puts an S at the end of it....I've heard 'Inanyway' (Im a northside dubliner myself:D) and I've known women who wear aprons around the house....but please FC wardrobe, take that apron off that woman when she's not pottering around her own home, or working in town!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I know plenty of people who say 'Anyways' - you couldn't possibly know all the people in Dublin, so why would you say no one say it?
    I'd be inclined to agree with you re: the apron, but I'm sure there's a couple of oddballs out there who were them all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

I'm finding the carol and louie affair hard to stomach. Carol offering to look for the wedding venue so that she and himself can meet up at random hotels...I know it's a soap but the close proximity of the 3 of them in the pub plus Christie being such a softie is annoying me :rolleyes:....I think Carol and Louie are definitely better suited but I am assuming that Carol doesnt want to hurt Christie and so she is still staying with him but is it realistic that Louie would accept this situation? How do you think Carol and Louie see the future panning out for them???

• Advertisement

please FC wardrobe, take that apron off that woman !

Fittle and Eileen Sitting in a Tree K I S S I N G :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"We're more than friends, Turlough".. she's known him for what..... a week now???? The storyline is completely unbelievable...

Agree! More than friends - where did that come from:confused:

And somebody please...Zumo, Dublin's hardest criminal..drinking a pint of MILK in the pub and the local Gard doesn't bat an eyelid:confused: Did he have heartburn!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭thesultan

The costumes people would really need to sharpen up the woman's dress sense on the show. Nice dresses, shiny leggings and whatever else is in fashion.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fittle viewpost.gif
    please FC wardrobe, take that apron off that woman !

lol the actress must be sick of putting it on!! :o
    Getting like Jim Royle in the Royle Family and that same tee shirt every episode :P

A little off topic but was at the cinema last night and saw the trailer for the new Clint Eastwood film Hereafter? and saw the actor who plays Turlough in the ad. Fair play to him.

xalot wrote: »
    A little off topic but was at the cinema last night and saw the trailer for the new Clint Eastwood film Hereafter? and saw the actor who plays Turlough in the ad. Fair play to him.

I am behind in episodes... again :o but I am warming to Turlough...

"We're more than friends, Turlough".. she's known him for what..... a week now???? The storyline is completely unbelievable...

Jealousy will get you nowhere ;):D

Did that happen in last night's episode, Im a little behind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Neasa and Turlough???? I'm not buying it. I think Damien should give her a shout now that Suzanne has moved out. ( I know what I'd like to give her):D

• Advertisement

Lorna Quinn, a native of Newtownforbes and a well established actress on local and national stage, has landed a role on Irish national television. Lorna will play the part of Lucy Mallon in Fair City.

Lucy, a new character to the popular television show, meets with long-time character Dolores Molloy in a storyline about being a donor.

"I (as Lucy) meet Dolores at a Donor's Seminar. My character had received a cornea transplant in her early twenties," said Lorna, speaking to the Leader this week. "The storyline is about the interaction between Lucy, Dolores and Dolores' son Wayne Molloy. It lasts a week." The show, which will be aired during the last week in January, will focus upon Dolores dealing with the fact that her daughter Jessica who passed away, donated her corneas. Dolores wonders if Lucy has Jessica's corneas.

For Lorna, the experience of working with Fair City was second to none. "It was amazing. I loved it from beginning to end. Fair City really is one big happy family. They were all really helpful," said Lorna, who has spent a lot of her professional career working in the theatre. The make-up, wardrobe, props were all really well done too. I grew up watching Fair City so it was surreal to be working on the show."

So is there a likelihood that Lucy Mallon will return to Fair City?

"When I was in auditions there were long term plans for her to come back, so I'm hoping that will be the case," said Lorna.

"I'd love to do more television and film and branch out more from theatre. That said I love the theatre and the live audience."

Lorna, who is a daughter of Rheda and Frank Quinn of Newtownforbes, feels honoured to have been given a role on the soap.

"I hope that I'll be able to continue on this strength for years to come," said Lorna.

Lorna previously played the lead role of 'Woman' in Elizabeth Moynihan's latest play 'Tic', which opened in September at the Focus Theatre, Dublin.

She is also a former member of St. Mel's Musical Society and the Backstage Youth Theatre Group. Lorna took part in the Theatre Tent at Electric Picnic last September in 'Andy Warhol's Nothing Special'.

shapeimage_10.jpg

I'm sure I read somewhere that the scriptwriters or producers (can't remember) of FC read this thread...I'm hoping they read this.

Yvonne and Niamh could NOT be friends (neither should Orla be in that mix) - Yvonne slept with Niamh's husband, got pregnant and now Niamh is raising her child. It beggars belief to suggest that they would both be so close as to go to 'come dine with me' type nights out and sit chatting, across the dinner table as if they were best-buds.

Also, have none of scriptwirters got new babies? Niamh never mentions sleepless nights, colic, creches etc etc. Not once. Neither (which is even more unbelievable), do any of her friends ask how the baby is. And when herself and Yvonne are chatting, neither of them mention this child - there is no awkwardkness (eh, one is raising the others child!) - nothing.

Now I appreciate that there may not be a 'baby storyline' lined up anytime in the future, but surely Niamh could at least refer to this upheaval in her life...after all, she is not a biological mother and has been landed with a newborn (who must be nearly a year old now?)....Rant over:D

I'm sure I read somewhere that the scriptwriters or producers (can't remember) of FC read this thread...I'm hoping they read this.

Yvonne and Niamh could NOT be friends (neither should Orla be in that mix) - Yvonne slept with Niamh's husband, got pregnant and now Niamh is raising her child. It beggars belief to suggest that they would both be so close as to go to 'come dine with me' type nights out and sit chatting, across the dinner table as if they were best-buds.

Also, have none of scriptwirters got new babies? Niamh never mentions sleepless nights, colic, creches etc etc. Not once. Neither (which is even more unbelievable), do any of her friends ask how the baby is. And when herself and Yvonne are chatting, neither of them mention this child - there is no awkwardkness (eh, one is raising the others child!) - nothing.

Now I appreciate that there may not be a 'baby storyline' lined up anytime in the future, but surely Niamh could at least refer to this upheaval in her life...after all, she is not a biological mother and has been landed with a newborn (who must be nearly a year old now?)....Rant over:D

I think I remember shortly after Ruth arrived, Niamh was complaining over the lack of sleep and the crying etc but that seemed to be swept over and dealt with and hasn't been spoken of since..

They never mention where Ruth goes during the day, the other day I saw Yvonne even taking Ruth out.. this is the birth mother, who previously wanted nothing to do with her? :confused:

Also has Connie been totally forgotten about?? :confused::confused:

Totally agree about Niamh and Yvonne, I'd want to poison her!

Also, I hate how they've weakened Carols character. The old Carol would never have 'asked permission' off a man to go for a few drinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Also has Connie been totally forgotten about?? :confused::confused:

She was mentioned on Wednesday night. Think Yvonne was talking to Niamh.
    Said things have finsihed and Connie went to a shrink and the shrink said their relationship was toxic. So I guess that's the end of that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Fair city was for a while there before Christmas the top soap on TV, but they have let their standards slip. The obviously felt that if they pulled in the viewers they would keep them. It does not work this way. They have to keep coming up with top story lines. Since the Damien/Suzzane storyline the show has gone down hill a lot and right now i nearly as boring as Eastenders. Lets hope it never becomes as depressing as that soap is.

• Advertisement

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Fair city was for a while there before Christmas the top soap on TV, but they have let their standards slip. The obviously felt that if they pulled in the viewers they would keep them. It does not work this way. They have to keep coming up with top story lines. Since the Damien/Suzzane storyline the show has gone down hill a lot and right now i nearly as boring as Eastenders. Lets hope it never becomes as depressing as that soap is.

Don't often agree with you Tom but I am here.. I think the storylines have dipped a little, though it is difficult beating such a good storyline as the Damien/Suzanne one..
    Ste- wrote: »
    She was mentioned on Wednesday night. Think Yvonne was talking to Niamh.
    Said things have finsihed and Connie went to a shrink and the shrink said their relationship was toxic. So I guess that's the end of that.

Ah okay, I have a weeks worth of episodes yet to watch...

I think Carol has become too weak now, I preferred the old battle axe tough Carol to the boring one that she has become.. though I love her with Louie :D

Just as a FYI:

00041dbd-545.jpg

Fair City Ep. 15.

There was an error on the credit roller on last night's episode.

The writer of episode 15 was Ken Harmon, not Shona McCarthy, as went out on air last night.

Sincerest apologies for the mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mardeen

I wish Louis and Carol get back together!!!!

I have just caught up and I have to add... that I have actually enjoyed this weeks episodes. Big fan of the Bishops.. love Decco. So glad to see him back and thought his scenes with Vivienne were really well acted and scripted..

This stupid storyline with Niamh/Yvonne/Orla/Carol is real filler stuff...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

I have just caught up and I have to add... that I have actually enjoyed this weeks episodes. Big fan of the Bishops.. love Decco. So glad to see him back and thought his scenes with Vivienne were really well acted and scripted..

This stupid storyline with Niamh/Yvonne/Orla/Carol is real filler stuff...:(

Urrgh!! I HATE the bishops!! I've taken to now recording the show on sky player and fast forwarding all the scenes with characters I don't like! Much better show when you have no bishops, Felix or Avi LOL!!

Show hasn't been great so far in the new year. Pete/Wayne/damo, is the only thing worth watching.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement