Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Eddie_1980 wrote: »
    If I had a fella like Troy I would be proud and wouldn't be afraid to show him all over town either!

He's brilliant. He should have a boyfriend though. I'd love to see what he could do with a big passionate love story.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

anyone think they will seriously put Carol and christy together?

That would be a disaster! Can anyone tell me if Rene is gone for good, I thought she was a fantastic actress.

As for Keith, he is so adorable:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭marie_85

gogglebok wrote: »
    Fair play to the writers. Dominic is a much better villain than Billy Meehan ever was. That was a cartoon, thiis is real and a bit sickening.

Totally. This has been building up for months and months and I'm so impressed with FC for making it so believable. Dominic's frustration over his impotence is a very realistic way of showing him get closer and closer to the edge. I'm glad the FC writers haven't sanitised him. The English soaps are terrible for turning bad characters into either good ones or villains who end up being killed off. This is disturbingly realistic. And 'Dominic' is one hell of an actor. For Fair City standards.

On another note, TROY!! He's back!! Guess I'll be back to watching FC fulltime now. I'd given it a bit of a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JaneyP

Jesus, that was harrowing. I literally wanted to look away from that last scene.

I loved the way Troy and Dean reacted to Dominic, and poor old Carol having to apologise to him - she looked like she was really swallowing her feelings, just for Tracy. Lovely performance.

Tracy is brilliant too, but I think the two stars tonight were Dominic and the script. That scene at the end was frightening, and it used bits of information for lots of earlier scenes - about Dominic's impotence, about Troy being gay, about Dean's infatuation, about the counselling. It was like watching a great play, or Boys From the Black Stuff. Dominic was so quiet before the explosion, but you could really see it coming.

Fair play to the writers. Dominic is a much better villain than Billy Meehan ever was. That was a cartoon, thiis is real and a bit sickening.

Couldnt agree more! Dominic is a superb villian! Fair city has a tendency to get a bit Pantomimy with this sort of thing. But tonight was probably my favourite episode this year! Apart from the insanely dull Bully storyline and MAUREEN!!! The episode was a classic.

Dominic was so chilling, smiling his way through it. It was brilliantly played!
    The Dean/Dominic face off was really exciting too. I really wanted Troy to let Dean fight him. Nice to see Dean defending his little brother!! Poor Troy getting gay slurs. :(

Leo is great at the moment (When is he not!!) The preview looks hilarious for sundays show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Eddie_1980

He's brilliant. He should have a boyfriend though. I'd love to see what he could do with a big passionate love story.

I'd gladly be his fella. Imagine the love we could make?

Ok...Ok...Back to Fair City now.......

It was awful watching him attack her like that. It reminded me of when my ex accused me of cheating and put his hands around my neck and the gaurds had to be called.

Hilda Faye really played a great part tonight, as did Ashling O'Neil in the dramatic conclusion. Tracey's screams were awful to watch, but I was hooked. I was like "Get your hands off her you awful pathetic excuse for a man". I was shaken up after the credits rolled and had to make a cup of tea to calm down again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

god, last night was so good! i loved the fight outside phelans, ahahah, i laughed so hard.

i can't believe we have to wait until sunday now! ugh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

http://www.tvnowmagazine.ie/

vote for Fair City as your favourite soap !

I was expecting to see punches and slaps last night.

Wonder if she'll leave him now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I hope they don't write Dominic out of FC - bullies normally don't run away - they stay.

I hope they do put Carol and Christy together - for the laugh. But I do think Carol would be much better placed behind McCoys Bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Well done to Faircity on a brilliant episode. It really was excellent stuff. The actors that played Tracey and Dominic were terrific and the scene and you could really feel Tracey's fear and pure shock. Dominic plays the evil role shockingly well and it is scarily realistic.

I too thought we were going to see punches but the way the producers did the episode they weren't needed in order to get the full effect across.

A terrifying, yet truly brilliant scene.

I didnt find the scene that bad at all to be honest. Like someone else said its not great when dominic doesnt really get loud and shout, I know not all violence is carried out in this way but you know what i mean. I thought it looked a bit fake, liked the bit where he dragged her by the hand with the glass of wine into the living room though.

brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭MonicaBing

Ah i missed the Tracey/Dominick showdown, when is it repeated?

hi,

today I think sometime in the afternoon

MonicaBing wrote: »
    Ah i missed the Tracey/Dominick showdown, when is it repeated?

Today at 12.15 on RTE 1.

I'm watching again as I type this. Dom just walked into the shop. He's about to spout his homophobic abuse at Troy.

I'm watching again as I type this. Dom just walked into the shop. He's about to spout his homophobic abuse at Troy.

I just watched it again too. Brilliant episode.

So funny :D

Troy: Bad hair day?

Dominic: Keep your queer remarks for yourself and your girlfriends!

Tracey must be really badly beaten though. Did you hear Carol in the preview for Sunday's episode? She was actually crying and saying "Oh no" over and over :(

Tracey must be really badly beaten though. Did you hear Carol in the preview for Sunday's episode? She was actually crying and saying "Oh no" over and over :(

That was scary.

Whats going to happen to Dominic? Will there be a trial? If Tracey goes back to him, he'll kill her sooner or later.

I hope she does him for assualt. If she goes back to him it will be stupid. She looked like she couldn't even move without being in agony.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I meant to post yesterday but I didn't get time, I found the scenes quite upsetting. Poor Tracey :(:( He really is a horrible evil man. I hope Tracey moves out and moves in with Carol, she would take care of her. He deserves to be charged :mad::mad:

It certainly looks like he beat her up worse than just putting his arms around her throat on the couch. He needs to do time for an assault like that. If Tracey won't get the police involved then Carol should. That evil man can't get away with this.

• Advertisement

It certainly looks like he beat her up worse than just putting his arms around her throat on the couch. He needs to do time for an assault like that. If Tracey won't get the police involved then Carol should. That evil man can't get away with this.

Carol will be raging about this, I feel sometimes that Tracey feels quite isolated, Kylie has moved out and she wants to be loyal to Dominic but noone should be treated like that :(

I read in this weeks guide that:
    Carol is enraged when she finds Tracey all black and blue and calls the police, but Tracey won't speak to them or make a statment. Then they decide to take a temporary revenge by showing up in McCoy's in front of everyone while Dominic is working. As everyone looks on in horror it dawns on them what he did and Kylie spits into his face in disgust. When Dean hears he vows to take revenge on Dominic, who has been begging Tracey for forgivness. She eventually gives in and agrees to talk to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

Doesn't Dominic have a not nice part to play

Not looking good then :(

What's Dominic's history? Did he do something to Kylie in the past too? I know something happened between them but I can't remember what it was!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

joey54 wrote: »
    What's Dominic's history? Did he do something to Kylie in the past too? I know something happened between them but I can't remember what it was!

He used to beat her, once he found out she had sex with her boyfriend(was the "mondo" guy - ray's son), beat her up fairly badly and forced her to tell the police she was raped

He used to beat her, once he found out she had sex with her boyfriend(was the "mondo" guy - ray's son), beat her up fairly badly and forced her to tell the police she was raped

Thanks, knew he had a dodgy past. As the saying goes "a leopard doesn't change it's spots"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Only 5 minutes to go....can't wait.

Just off to watch tonight's episode now. Can't wait. Should be really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

OMG her face is black and blue!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement