Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

nellie07 wrote: »
    I disagree, I like Catriona and Duncan - she is a really little dublin madam, and Duncan is cheeky and geeky - love em!

I disagree, Duncan annoys me, but its OK because its his character thats grating. Catriona is a terrible actress and makes the show look bad. Like if you turned on the showw in passing and saw her, you'd be like "Well, the acting in Fair City is still terrible". Which as all of us on these boards know it's not anymore. I'd be furious if I was Hilda Fay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

mainyday wrote: »
    Yes Sam34, I agree with you, I also find Duncan and Catriona a major pain and yucky looking too, they must be hard up for decent looking actors. I liked Turlough, I hope they bring him back. Am I the only person out here who likes him? Does anyone know his real name? there is no info on him at all. Does anyone know if he'll be back?:)

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/characters/noriss_turlaugh.html

There's a couple of interesting details there. Una's Da was in the IRA - has that ever come up?

I can't see any hint of Turlough coming back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

and if I can be a little bit mean, Id love if Annette got her teeth whitened. sorry... but her bottom ones are horrendous

Me too, they do annoy me :o

Originally Posted by nellie07 viewpost.gif
    I disagree, I like Catriona and Duncan - she is a really little dublin madam, and Duncan is cheeky and geeky - love em!

I love them too, I think they are a good couple :)

I was watching online and the clip stuttered so wouldn't play, what happened when Caitriona went to do the test and Duncan was waiting in the bar, what happened then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

Im wondering is she making it up as she kind of stopped then rubbed her eyes then came out to duncan crying....

If Turlough comes back, I am switching off :mad::mad::mad:

me too, now he was a bad actor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

No he wasn't http://www.lisarichards.ie/site/actorsm/declan-conlon-actor

He must be pretty good to get all that work as an actor! Maybe, TV doesnt suit him

he came across very amature in the show, maybe he is more suited to theatre work.

• Advertisement

I didn't like him one little bit and I actually hated him :mad:

I love Ali, think shes great, she is such a madam!!! does anyone know if Rita is actually sick in real life? just interested to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 mainyday

Come on Nellie07, she can't act and neither can yer man Dunc. As for yer one Una's sister? Give me patience, I should have watched All Saints.:confused:

I dunno I think shes like a typical teenager would act. I'd love to know what she is like in real life, and as for Duncan I want to slap him he drives me mad but thats what his character is meant to make you do!

gogglebok wrote: »
    There's a couple of interesting details there. Una's Da was in the IRA - has that ever come up?

I can't see any hint of Turlough coming back.
    Well I found him interesting, I looked forward to the show when he was in it. I think Tracy and Dominic are playing a blinder in their roles. I hope she leaves him though. He is such a weak man. (his character) The actor is one of the best to date. Tracy too.
    Will Robin go to Africa? Do we care?

Pack Blondie Robin off to Africa and give us all a break from her!

;)
    Pack Blondie Robin off to Africa and give us all a break from her!
    Yeah, pack her off. But then who will run the garage? Probably yer man who took over the pub?
    I'm thinking of starting up a Turlough fan club, would anyone like to join?

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

;)
    Yeah, pack her off. But then who will run the garage? Probably yer man who took over the pub?
    I'm thinking of starting up a Turlough fan club, would anyone like to join?

Me, me, me! I Love Turlough. He's got a whole scruffy sinister thingy going on. And that duffel coat, rrrr!

Let Ali run the garage with Paul, and maybe they'll have a fling while Niamh is pregnant!!!!

Turlough fanclub, not for me Im afraid! I like renee though thought she was very good throughout that whole period.

Eyespy wrote: »
    Me, me, me! I Love Turlough. He's got a whole scruffy sinister thingy going on. And that duffel coat, rrrr!
    I think he is quite distingushed actually:). And he seems like a very deep and intelligent sort of guy:o. He is unique:cool:. But I agree, that duffel coat is..................rrrrrrrrrrr:D. We need some more like minded people if our fan club is to be a success. I'm so excited:p. Who knows where this can go;). Up Turlough. Movin on from Turlough.....

It looks like Tracy is getting back with Dominic, is she mad or what? I know what I'd do with him if I got my hands on him:mad::mad::mad:.

• Advertisement

I think he is quite distingushed actually:). And he seems like a very deep and intelligent sort of guy:o. He is unique:cool:.

Oh he is, even Dean (sigh Dean) only comes a pale second to Turlough. To this day, I still hope that he'll prove Bob (sigh, miss Bobs voice) wrong and not cash that cheque. I can't reconcile with the fact that he was only a con man. I really think that they could have played with the character a little more. If they had to get rid of a Norris family member, why not Cliodhna? She doesn't really appear to have any storyline at all.

And Dominic, I can't wait for him to head off. He is a head-wrecking character. I don't think he will go though and like everyone else, I can actually see Tracey taking him back :eek:. I hope she doesn't. If Dominic lost it again, he probably would kill her.

Let Ali run the garage with Paul, and maybe they'll have a fling while Niamh is pregnant!!!!

Turlough fanclub, not for me Im afraid! I like renee though thought she was very good throughout that whole period.
    I really could'nt see Paul and Ali getting it together. Why not bring Turlough back and let him get it on with Niamh???:P

I think Turlough was a great actor. I spent a good deal of the time wanting to smack him in the head, but that was completely about the character. He did a great job of playing a complete git, I guess. He even made me like Bob.

I would like to see what he did with the money too. Does that get me into the fan club?

I thought Caitriona was definitely pregnant, but she seemed to be playing it up a bit for Duncan's sake, to hold on to him.

I haven't seen tonight's episode yet. Is there any fun in it?

Eyespy wrote: »
    I can actually see Tracey taking him back :eek:. I hope she doesn't. If Dominic lost it again, he probably would kill her.

I can see that too. If he killed her, that would be some storyline. But they would be mad to lose Tracey. She's so brilliant. What do you go for? Tell the good story, or keep the good actress?

Actually, it might be better if Tracey killed him. We could have the trial, and Kylie testifying against him, and his first wife turning up to save the day.

And Tracey in prison - bad girls! :cool:

I think Turlough was a great actor. I spent a good deal of the time wanting to smack him in the head, but that was completely about the character. He did a great job of playing a complete git, I guess. He even made me like Bob.

I would like to see what he did with the money too. Does that get me into the fan club?

I thought Caitriona was definitely pregnant, but she seemed to be playing it up a bit for Duncan's sake, to hold on to him.

I haven't seen tonight's episode yet. Is there any fun in it?[/quote

Yeah, I wonder about the money too. I thought they ended the storyline quite abruptly. Of course you can be part of the fan club. We fans are multiplying fast. I agree, he is a good actor.:)
    I don't think Catriona is pregnant, she looked like she was going to burst out laughing. Silly silly girl.
    I watched tonight's episode, it was ok. Not great. I'd love to see Dominic getting a good wallop from Carol, the creepy little cowardly weasel needs sorting out big time.:mad::mad::mad:

I can see that too. If he killed her, that would be some storyline. But they would be mad to lose Tracey. She's so brilliant. What do you go for? Tell the good story, or keep the good actress?

Actually, it might be better if Tracey killed him. We could have the trial, and Kylie testifying against him, and his first wife turning up to save the day.

And Tracey in prison - bad girls! :cool:

Tracy is a good actress, I think they will hold onto her.

It will be interesting to see how long they will drag the story out, remember yer one, the Russian blond, they really squeezed every last drop out of that story. Will somone please sort that Dominic guy out? He has a face like a cabbage patch doll.:rolleyes:

I really could'nt see Paul and Ali getting it together. Why not bring Turlough back and let him get it on with Niamh???:P

Niamh? Do you think? I don't know, I kind of imagined him and Carol together. I see them as potentially having quite a volatile relationship, Carol bristling at someone and Turlough soothing her ahh. ;) And with his uhm "skills" and her connections and possibly his connections too, maybe they could channel Billy and rebuild the Meehan empire.

And then, when as mentioned above Tracey knocks off Dominic and gets thrown in the Joy, Carol could join her for a Fair City/Bad Girls spin off after being busted by Guards & CAB again. We could even have a Fair City/Prison Break episode as well with the girls on the run. Carol could be the female Linc, fists flying etc. Not sure Tracey could carry off Schofield though but you never know.

It actually has LOADS of potential!

Definitely something about Turlough but I loved Bob long before he came into FC, I think I loved Bob ever since Daniel off today fm took the p!ss out of him and his evil menacing voice. Daniel had him down to a tee but unfortunately I think "Bob" only aired about 3 times. Pity.

Will somone please sort that Dominic guy out? He has a face like a cabbage patch doll.:rolleyes:

Totally, I think it's the fact that his face is relatively unlined and he has no eyebrows so to speak. He's like a cabbage patch doll possessed by Chucky. Look, another potential way to bring Turlough back :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SOUTH PAW

I hav 2 say I'm really enjoying the stories now, with 1 or 2 exceptions:mad:

Tracy is really amazing it's just a pity she's bn let down by clear shots of something/cotton wool in her mouth WTF:confused:

Keith n Una are a welcome touch of comedy:D.... lol'd tonite at Keith..."Are u gone gay r sumtin??:eek:....classic Keithism:D

Is it just me but I really, really hope they don't torture us with much more oF Caitriona and the lady taxi driver(don't know her name) terrible:eek::eek::eek::eek:.....painfully bad acting...cum'on lads, wat is da story?...Plse:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement