Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fourfiveone

HA HA. Brilliant! Adam called Glenroe man a waster so he embarked on a cunning plan to make Adam listen next door while he gives his Ma one.

BTW terrible acting by Cliona. Surely any actor should be able to squeeze out a tear when pretending to cry? I wound it back and watched with no sound - she looks delighted, like she's won the lotto and she can't believe it.

Just watching Kylie's plan now. Fair play to the writers that's pretty original but in real life the gardaí would probably respond about 12 weeks later.

This time last week I asked why they don't show what's going to happen next on a Sunday. 7 days later credits voice-over said what's happening next. Just in case that's not co-incidental: KEEP SUZANNE AWAY AND HAVE LEO IN EVERY EPISODE - MAKE HIM PRESIDENT OF CARRIGSTOWN OR SOMETHING.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 mainyday

:)I'm so happy that the creep Dominic has been booted out. I hope this is the last we see of him, but I doubt it somehow. He really knows how to play on Tracy's emotions. That Catriona one still annoys me.:mad:
    Kylie is playing her role well.
    Would love to see Dominic getting a taste of his own medicine, the cowardly creepy cabbage faced clown.:mad::mad::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

This time last week I asked why they don't show what's going to happen next on a Sunday. 7 days later credits voice-over said what's happening next. Just in case that's not co-incidental: KEEP SUZANNE AWAY AND HAVE LEO IN EVERY EPISODE - MAKE HIM PRESIDENT OF CARRIGSTOWN OR SOMETHING.

You got the power! :D

Ask them to bring Bob back.

mainyday wrote: »
    Kylie is playing her role well.

She was great tonight. Choosing Tracey over her Da was obviously tough for her.

She should have thrown the wine in Dominic's face instead of all over the table.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I watched last night's episode but I found one thing hard to believe - Cliona having doubts that Ringo might have a "try" at Una. If I was Cliona I'd be terrified that Ringo would have a "try" at Robin - now there's a storyline.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SOUTH PAW

I was thinking the same thing about Ringo and Robin.....a little bit of R n R in Africa:D BTW felt really sorry for Keith at the end, even had a lump in my throat, I guess the guy really does love Una:(

gogglebok wrote: »
    She was great tonight. Choosing Tracey over her Da was obviously tough for her.

She should have thrown the wine in Dominic's face instead of all over the table.

I agree. that would have been fun to watch. He's obvioulsy a bully who needs someone to stand up to him. Looking at the cast there is really nobody I can think of who could do this. Maybe Dean, as he is much younger, but I think he needs to work out a bit, a bit short on muscle power is our Dean.:)

You got the power! :D

Ask them to bring Bob back.

Yeah, @ Turlough, don't forget Turlough. Would you like to join his fan club? We have two members so far.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

A really rubbish ending to this dominic story.

Tago Mago wrote: »

I can understand that, I don't blame him at all. Least he is coming back.

• Advertisement

angel01 wrote: »
    I can understand that, I don't blame him at all. Least he is coming back.

I think he has come back and now he is leaving - I didnt check what date that article was written but I have a feeling he is gone for good now.

I suppose it's better than the other way they were going to write him out - which was being eaten by a giant sandwich....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Tubbers

deelite wrote: »
    I think he has come back and now he is leaving - I didnt check what date that article was written but I have a feeling he is gone for good now.

I suppose it's better than the other way they were going to write him out - which was being eaten by a giant sandwich....

Wonderful image! And yeah, would like to see the blonde cat fight that would induce, duffy and his blondes. Bit of sexy scandal. Mainyday if we find someone to have an una fanclub, then we could all have a norris family fanclub, each with a different teeshirt to represent their different accents, Cliona For President. . That young fella playing the glenroe guys son is a total highlight, its like watching a documentary.

Tubbers wrote: »
    Wonderful image! And yeah, would like to see the blonde cat fight that would induce, duffy and his blondes. Bit of sexy scandal. Mainyday if we find someone to have an una fanclub, then we could all have a norris family fanclub, each with a different teeshirt to represent their different accents, Cliona For President. . That young fella playing the glenroe guys son is a total highlight, its like watching a documentary.
    Do ya know that's not a bad idea. The only problem I see is. who would want to belong to the Una fan club? Cliona maybe.... but Una??? Am I being mean?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Do ya know that's not a bad idea. The only problem I see is. who would want to belong to the Una fan club? Cliona maybe.... but Una??? Am I being mean?:)

ah now, i like una. she's funny, and teh dublin accent is hilarious!

sam34 wrote: »
    ah now, i like una. she's funny, and teh dublin accent is hilarious!

ok, I accept your point, but I think they have taken her character as far as it can go. Will there still be a place for her when she is finished her maternity leave? I can't see how she they will fit her in. Will Keith wait around? I don't think he has the staying power to do it. What does anyone else think?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

i love una too its the accent for definite!

I love Una but I don't know where they can go with her.

deelite wrote: »

Oh ok :( I think they could have done so much more with Dominic.

very lousy on Dominic, to treat such a fantastic actor in this manor, im sure the poor guys character does run into his personal life. and a rape scene would just be too much

nellie07 wrote: »
    very lousy on Dominic, to treat such a fantastic actor in this manor, im sure the poor guys character does run into his personal life. and a rape scene would just be too much

I've been thinking about characters who have been raped and characters who have raped - the only character I know in a soap opera to have committed this crime was Wilmot Brown in Eastenders - and to be fair he went to jail - but as an actor I never heard of him again. So maybe as an actor Dominic's career would have dried up - and his acting is proably his "bread and butter" (but he could have got voice overs for Brennans bread - all those sandwiches - I'm sure Robin has an agent he could have used)....

• Advertisement

But they were hardly going to show a rape scene, were they? We didn't even see him hit her.

I would take this story with a pinch of salt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭fourfiveone

I would take this story with a pinch of salt.

Pinch of salt, you say?
    That's just how Dominic takes his sandwich!

no?

I'll get me coat.

That's just how Dominic takes his sandwich!/QUOTE]

He obviously had some difficulties... with the roll.

I agree, I think it would be too much and even if they didn't show it, they would hint at it and I think its too much.

Ray's memory loss seems to be tough as my Dad had a stroke and has memory loss and it does really upset you :(

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Anybody out there getting really irritated by the dialogue (or lack of) between the two young lads (Glenroe man's son and the other fella) ... which just seems to consist of something like this:

Youngfella 1: "Muppeh!"

youngfella 2: "Scrounger"

youngfella 1: "loser"

youngfella 2 "yeh g'wan make me"

youngfella 1: "muppeh"....and so on and on.

Great acting. Great scriptwriting.:rolleyes:

yeah I agree, the whole thing with the two kids and maureen, my god she is annoying, even if she slapped a bit of make up on it might help me get over the voice! thats mean - sorry:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

ok, I accept your point, but I think they have taken her character as far as it can go. Will there still be a place for her when she is finished her maternity leave? I can't see how she they will fit her in. Will Keith wait around? I don't think he has the staying power to do it. What does anyone else think?:)
    i have a feeling he will start going out with the new girl working in the garage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

that caitriona one is the worst actress ever! cant even act having pain and collapsing well :(

that caitriona one is the worst actress ever! cant even act having pain and collapsing well :(

She really does take the biscuit. How on earth does she get away with it? Is it possible that she might be related to one of the producers? That's the only reason I can think of for us viewers having to put up with her dreadful acting, I don't think it's fair on the good actors, she just gives the show a bad name. Especially if you happen to be watching with someone who is not a regular viewer. So embarrassing.:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SOUTH PAW

Without a doubt THE WORST Actor on Irish television.....with Maureen/Pauls son??? a very close 2nd...Awful just awful:( Why oh why did they bring him back???????????. I have to say for the first time I actually had 2 turn it off 2nite, so disappointed, if they continue with these horrendously bad actors I can't defend the show anymore:(:(:(:(:( God I really thought this kinda amateur acting was a thing of the past in Fair City.........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement