Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

deelite wrote: »
    As soon as you have the ratings can you post them please - I want to know if it beats the DLB.

It didn't, I'm afraid. I think the figure was 697,000. This would have beaten the Late Late a week ago, but he rallied on Friday and pulled in more than 700,000. Next week is the Toy Show, so only a ten-minute scene where Leo and Dermot lay into Brian Cowen with a studded baseball bat will knock Tubs off the top spot.

I'll pass the full details on as soon as I get them.

It's a pity Tubridy isn't a Fair City fan, isn't it? Gay Byrne would have used the Suzanne story as a springboard for a big discussion of female-on-male domestic abuse. This is still controversial in some quarters, so you could put together a very exciting hour or two, with some real social impact. A bit more joined-up thinking in RTE and the two most popular programmes could feed into each other in a striking and imaginative way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

angel01 wrote: »
    Also it seems insensitive to have Dean & Carol involved bearing in mind she is supposed to be "best friends" with Tracey, they have changed Dean too much :(

Are Dean and Carol carrying on????? When did this happen??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

A few old people are back....

Sunday
    Mark confesses to Damien that he is still very worried about him but Damien tells him he doesn't need a bodyguard. Sarah confesses to Orla that she is worried about her relationship with Keith. Orla advises Sarah to make a fuss of Keith and not to fight with him. Cass tries to reason with Pete and Avi about being in the red and tells them they need to sell the trees they got.

Damien calls to Vinos and asks a delighted Suzanne to meet him back at his house. Orla tries to find out from Ray how Una is feeling but he freezes her out saying that Keith loves Sarah. Yvonne calls Mark and lets him know that Suzanne and Damien are meeting up. Cass and the lads suffer business stress with Pete and Avi taking it out on Cass. Cass squares up to Pete. Una calls to Sarah's house looking for her umbrella and tells a horrified Sarah that she is meeting Keith later on.

Yvonne tells Bela that Suzanne is meeting Damien. Suzanne gets angry when Yvonne suggests she get counselling. Later Yvonne informs Mark that Suzanne is not getting counselling and Mark urges Damien to test Suzanne to find out if she is lying. Cass, who is desperate, suggests that they go and cut real trees down. They admit defeat.

Suzanne calls to Damiens home and they are both very nervous. He tries to check Suzanne's account of counselling. He notes how flustered she becomes. Sarah tells Keith that she knows he’s meeting with Orla. Keith questions Sarah if she really trusts him. She plants Orla in McCoys to watch them. Keith arrives in and tells Una he has something to do and can’t stay. Yvonne and Mark bond over their worries for their siblings.

Damien offers to meet Suzanne once a week for half an hour and see how her counselling goes. She tells him that people in Mountjoy get more time than that. She confuses what she said about the counselling and Damien notes it. She tries to intimidate him again and he gets afraid.

Sarah joins Orla in McCoys and Una approaches them. She tells Sarah that she knows Keith really well and there is no way Sarah is the woman of his dreams. She leaves Sarah speechless. Suzanne admits that she lied about counselling to keep him. He tells her to leave. She falls to her knees begging him to forgive her but he tells her it’s over.

Tuesday
    Louie alerts Christy that McCoys might be in trouble and that the bank won't approve the loan for the back tax on McCoys. A freaked-out Keith hesitates when Sarah requests that he commit to a joint ownership of Sarah's house. Denzo convinces Decco to give him a chance to prove himself and shift some of the stolen goods. Niamh discovers that Rachel is doing a family tree project at school. Later Orla, Niamh and Rachel discuss how disjointed their family is.

Louie threatens staff cuts at McCoys if business doesn't improve. He confides to Christy that until he clears the tax debt they are trading without a licence. Zumo warns Denzo that if he gets mixed up with the stolen goods gig he'll end up in jail. Orla advises Sarah to be patient with Keith. Christy asks Ray and Esther for advice on bringing more people into the pub. But he ends up siding with Neasa's idea and Carol sides with Ray and Esther's. Sarah dismisses Una's suggestion that Sarah is flirting with Finn.

Vivienne admits to Zumo that she is too scared of Decco to stop his behaviour. Louie tells Carol that if she is not an efficient manager and doesn't come up with money-raising ideas, her job could be gone. Decco insists to Denzo that he needs to do more to prove himself. Orla notes Yvonnes's apparent lack of interest in Ruth. Seamus McAleer arrives back to Carrigstown and meets Barry. He tells him that Annette is all he thinks about. He wants to find a way to remember Annette.

Una hides her delight when Keith admits difficulty in his relationship with Sarah. Louie employs Orla to promote McCoys. Cass and Ray compete to be Rachel's most interesting granddad. Yvonne refuses to be involved in Rachel's family tree project. They tell her she should be proud of who she is. Louie announces his plans to boost the income at McCoys, dropping the price of drink and pushing the shots to a younger market.

Vivienne tries to talk to Denzo but he rejects her. Una covers when Ray questions if she still has feeling for Keith. Keith tells an annoyed Sarah that he is not going to sign the mortgage. Louie informs Carol that McCoys may face closure if business doesn't improve. He tells her ever since she became manager they have been losing money.

Wednesday
    soaps_fair_city_carol.jpg

Christy tells Louie that he wants to let Carol know what’s really going on with the bar but Louie forbids him. Decco receives instructions from Ritchie to do a job and warns him not to mess up. Finn admits to Una that he finds Sarah attractive and has told Sarah this. Niamh tries to persuade a resistant Yvonne to be involved in Rachel's family tree.

Carol is incensed when she discovers she's been excluded from Sunday's singles night and that Neasa and Orla have taken over. Decco is pressured into letting Denzo do a job for Ritchie, when his grandmother demands she drive him to Newry. Sarah is taken aback by Una's questioning. Carol suggests to Seamus that he should have a park bench memorial for Annette. Carol then challenges Louie about Neasa's attitude. They fight and Louie insults Carol.

Nimah attempts to build bridges with Yvonne and fails. Orla warns her to leave Yvonne alone. Decco is shocked to discover that Denzo never collected the money which was part of the deal. Decco freaks knowing that Ritchie will kill him. In McCoys, which is extremely busy, Una tries to stir things up with Keith saying that Finn fancies Sarah. Esther gets into an altercation with a drunk woman. Finn tells Keith that Una is playing him for a fool.

Decco fails to get Denzo on board with finding a way out of their problem. Denzo makes a run for it. Carol conceals her jealousy of Neasa from Christy. Keith warns Una not to make trouble. Seamus admits to Barry that Annette haunts him in his dreams. Louie fails to convince Carol that his bad attitude towards her has nothing to do with the kiss. Louie realises that his feelings for Carol are reciprocated.

Keith signs up to a shared house ownership with Sarah. Carol admits to a distraught Christy her uncertainty about their getting married. She reveals that Louie told her about the trouble with the pub.

Eradicate wrote: »

It will be happening this week..

Fair city in relation to video interviews:

We are definitely looking into video interviews for the website. Thanks for your suggestion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I'm aboslutely thrilled that Una (yes her with the fada) is coming back to mind my Keith. I love Sarah but with Una there was a sexual chemistry - I never got that spark between Keith and Sarah - and keith is better matched with blondes (even dyed ones)!!!!

I'm going to have to think of who to put Sarah with - Louie?????

I'm aboslutely thrilled that Una (yes her with the fada) is coming back to mind my Keith. I love Sarah but with Una there was a sexual chemistry - I never got that spark between Keith and Sarah - and keith is better matched with blondes (even dyed ones)!!!!

I'm going to have to think of who to put Sarah with - Louie?????

Oi....:mad::mad:

Louie is Carol's... she is minding him for me :D

Una and Keith were a brilliant match...

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

angel01Quote:
    Originally Posted by Eradicate viewpost.gif

It will be happening this week..

No way!! :eek:

Its great to hear of Una and Yvonne coming back, hope Tracey soon follows!! 'Here come the girls!!' :D

SoapFan27 wrote: »
    No way!! :eek:

Its great to hear of Una and Yvonne coming back, hope Tracey soon follows!! 'Here come the girls!!' :D

and with Cass and Seamus back.. it might get interesting!

I am looking forward to this Charlie and Esther pairing.. could be a lovely storyline :)

'Fair City' star Ciara O'Callaghan has said that her character Yvonne returns to Carrigstown because she wants to "protect" her younger sister Suzanne.

The actress told RTÉ TEN: "Yvonne left after everything became too much for her, she needed some space away from her family and Carrigstown."

"The fact that she has returned to help Suzanne proves that deep down Yvonne is a good person. Even though she has had vicious arguments with Suzanne in the past, she is there for her and proves that no matter what family means a lot to her."

"Suzanne is lucky to have Yvonne to protect her. She is feisty and does not back down in an argument. She'll need all the support she can get and Yvonne will give her that."

Suzanne is set to face a very tough time in the coming weeks as news of the domestic abuse which has been going on in the Halpin household spreads around Carrigstown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

wow they are coming back in droves! that's awesome :)
    yay!

Thursday

Ritchie visits Decco and warns him that he wants his money. Decco admits that he didn't get it but Ritchie tells him that he'll be back and will expect his money to be ready. Carol elicits a promise from Christy to show his commitment in action, not words. Sarah asks Keith to post the mortgage application and he tries to downplay it.

A frightened Denzo begs Zumo to help him evade Ritchie. He tells him he won't help him or let him drag his family into it. Orla tries and fails to win Yvonne around to take part in Rachel's family tree project. Seamus alarms Barry with his bitterness towards Carrigstown and mortifies Barry with his ignorant behaviour in Vinos. Esther makes a complaint to Carol and Louie saying that their promotions in McCoys are alienating the community.

Sarah tells a raging Una that Keith has signed the mortgage. Eileen discovers that Zumo refused to help Denzo. She tells him she's ashamed of him. She confronts Decco about what is happening. Christy admonishes Louie for causing trouble between him and Carol. Rachel calls into Vinos and gives Yvonne a biog that she has written for her and asks her to read it.

Orla tells Keith that he doesn't look too happy about signing the mortgage. He asks her what she wants from him. Denzo begs Vivienne for refuge. Charlotte persuades Vivienne to let Denzo stay. Decco meets with Ritchie and shops Denzo to Ritchie. He demands that Decco deliver Denzo to him. Esther tells Cass that McCoys' promo is attracting unsavoury types to Carrigstown. But Cass decides to attend singles night in McCoys.

Barry persuades Seamus to consider counselling. He tries to apologise to Orla after insulting her but she won't listen to him. Una tells Ray that she has already met the love of her life. Yvonne accuses Niamh of trying to emotionally blackmail her. She then requests that Niamh be put down as Ruth's mother. Niamh refuses saying Ruth is always going to be part of her life. Seamus returns to where Annette died and becomes consumed with grief.

Decco deduces from Vivienne's behaviour that Denzo is hiding in Vivienne's. He calls Ritchie. Una tells Keith, in front of everyone, that he has allowed Sarah to trap him. She tells Keith she still loves him and possessively Sarah drags Keith away. Christy fails to calm the fight that is escalating between Louie and Esther. Decco and Ritchie force their way into Vivienne's to get Denzo. In order to save Denzo, Vivienne enters a deal with Ritchie.

I cant get over Suzannes brazenness....where is her remorse? :mad:

She should be more sorry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Forgot how hot Yvonne is. God damn she is sexy. Great to have her back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

NickDrake wrote: »
    Forgot how hot Yvonne is. God damn she is sexy. Great to have her back

She's right up there with the Cheryl Cole's and Angelina Jolie's of the world alright.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

SoapFan27 wrote: »
    I cant get over Suzannes brazenness....where is her remorse? :mad:

She should be more sorry!
    Yeah, I was like "shouting at your father then flinging a plate on the floor isn't exactly showing him how sorry you are, Suzanne." :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Mark would make a good Baliff, no crap with him!! But anyone would have changed the locks on the house to lock out Suzanne.
    I thought Dolores would have trimmed a bit more from Damien's hair too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Yvonne was in Australia, but returns to help/support Suzanne? Is she psychic? How did she find out? Bela hardly told her...

...unless Suzanne updated her facebook status: "Found out to be a nutjob. Yvonne, please return to Carrigstown ASAP!"

:D

RVD420 wrote: »
    Yvonne was in Australia, but returns to help/support Suzanne? Is she psychic? How did she find out? Bela hardly told her...

...unless Suzanne updated her facebook status: "Found out to be a nutjob. Yvonne, please return to Carrigstown ASAP!"

:D

I am thinking Louie probably rang her to tell her as he is the only other person (other than Suzanne) who had her number. He was pictured with the phone in his hand the other night about to ring someone...

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Great to see Yvonne back last night but the scene was a bit weird for some reason:confused: And im really looking forward to everyone else comming back too :D Just wonder what the big storyline for Christmas will be!

• Advertisement

Yvonne reminds me of Joan Crawford.

Does anybody else remember there used to be a spark between Sarah and John Deegan - but then she got the leg over his son instead. That would make an interesting story - Sarah and John. She'd be good for him and plus she'd be in bits trying not to report anything he might let slip to her.

Bella is playing a blinder.

Dolores should go back to hairdressing she made Damien's hair worse.

Yvonne reminds me of Joan Crawford.

Does anybody else remember there used to be a spark between Sarah and John Deegan - but then she got the leg over his son instead. That would make an interesting story - Sarah and John. She'd be good for him and plus she'd be in bits trying not to report anything he might let slip to her.

Bella is playing a blinder.

Dolores should go back to hairdressing she made Damien's hair worse.

Don't worry, Una will sort it when she is back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

angel01 wrote: »
    I am thinking Louie probably rang her to tell her as he is the only other person (other than Suzanne) who had her number. He was pictured with the phone in his hand the other night about to ring someone...

When he told Neasa he had stuff on his mind, I think he was talking about Yvonne too. He seemed to be looking at the door waiting for someone.

I may be having a bout of stupidity, but I didn't follow some of last night's episode. Why is Louie agreeing to redecorate the pub? It's not like him to spend money when it's not needed. And why does Neasa think that changing the wallpaper will get Louie a woman?

I didn't get Christy's scene with Carol AT ALL:
    I said 'Get him a woman', but Neasa was different. She said 'Get him a woman'.
    :confused:

And why does Neasa think that changing the wallpaper will get Louie a woman?

:confused:

So he won't look at the carpet:D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,229 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

blondie7 wrote: »
    Great to see Yvonne back last night but the scene was a bit weird for some reason:confused: And im really looking forward to everyone else comming back too :D Just wonder what the big storyline for Christmas will be!

One of the Bishop boys is rumoured to be killed off and Louis and Carol's affair

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

How is everyone finding out about storys?? Which one of the Bishop boys dies. I didnt know about dean and carol either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i thought yvonnes arrival was a bit strange....
    who was deegan's son again? i can't remember! jees head like a sive me! :rolleyes:

Hey everyone, check out this article, great to see Fair City doing so well!!

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1125/faircity.html

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Eradicate wrote: »
    How is everyone finding out about storys?? Which one of the Bishop boys dies. I didnt know about dean and carol either

Why are they starting something with Dean and Carol when she is suppose to be starting an affair with Louie? Doesnt seem to make sense. Wonder will Tracey return for Christmas maybe.

• Advertisement

Over 721,000 viewers tuned in to ‘Fair City’ on Tuesday, November 25th to watch the climax of the domestic abuse storyline between characters Suzanne and Damien. With an average viewership of 489,700 (both Live and VOSDAL) and 31% audience share since Autumn 2011 the soap has increased its average live audience figure by 22,000 compared to last year.

The TAM Ireland Ltd/ Nielsen TAM figures found that the 8-8.30pm broadcast of ‘Fair City’ on Tuesday, November 23rd was higher than those of ‘Eastenders’, ‘Coronation Street’, ‘Emmerdale’ and ‘Ros na Run’ on at the same time.

’Fair City’s current main storyline, in which the female character is the aggressor, has been running on the show since September when the first violent scene between Suzanne and Damien was broadcast. Damien’s abuse was revealed to the Carrigstown community last week and the episode on November 23rd saw Suzanne shunned by her neighbours and rejected by her father. In the making over an eighteen month period, the storyline has been researched and developed with key bodies involved in this area such as Amen, Women’s Aid and Stop Seeing Red.

Brigie de Courcy, Executive Producer, Fair City, commented on the figures saying: “We’re delighted with this fantastically strong performance and being number one, particularly given the class and credentials of the soap company we’re keeping! This is down to the talent – of our storywriting team, cast and crew. We’ve done a lot of work in honing our craft and delivering what ultimately makes the difference – stories that really resonate and grip our viewers. Thanks to the audience for their loyalty and interest and we look forward to continuing to deliver great story for our licence fee payers.”

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement