Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

STIG83 wrote: »
    She scrubs up well in real life!!:eek:

Not a bad set of pins. Can we see on Fair City. I know some of he script writers or those that suggest ideas to them read here, or else there is a lot of co-insidences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Ok fair enough, this post was probably in the wrong thread as clearly this is a FC appreciation thread and after leafing through some replies its clear that this is only a thread to post positive and encouraging comments about FC so you didnt like it when i gave my opinion! But i still stand by my comments, i think the soap is laughable and works as a mild comedy when you want to chill out a bit. Not every soap is perfect but i have watched Hollyoaks and even Glenroe brought new people into it now and then, FC is stuck with bloody Paul and Niamh talking the same old crap over and over, move on people! Fresh faces and plots are essential to keep a soap interesting. And yes, Ken Barlow is also an ancient part of furniture. And to Negative poster above, "tear my post to shreds"?? Get real will you, its a forum for mutual debate and discussion, im more than willing to treat other peoples remarks with respect and respond with some counter-arguments but if you think someone who has a different opinion than you is obnoxious then i feel sorry for you :rolleyes:

Edit: Actually, there are quite a lot of negative comments about FC in this thread, especially the earlier comments so a bit of balance wouldnt go astray here.

Fair City have introduced new characters such as the Dillon Family, Finn, Charlotte, Vivienne to name a few.

Noone said this was an appreciation thread, we prefer to focus on the positive rather than the negative as negativity gets you nowhere. You seem obsessed with Glenroe, that had its day a long time ago.

Fair City's ratings are sky high and doing a fab job and I am very proud of it. :)

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Dont know the answer to this, but did they loose it or did they sell it so that they could move to Dublin as a family when Judith began work there.

Isnt Bob the typical example of person which shows why we are in the mess we are in, where by he taught he had it all, get involved in more that he could manage and got his fingers burned. We did not see anyone put pressure on him to get involved in projects he did. It was just pure greed on his behalf.

I believe they had to sell the farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

is fair city not on tonight? am i missing something? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Its on now

Brian Cowen bailout press conference went out so the news was extended,so it was on late :(

angel01 wrote: »
    Brian Cowen bailout press conference went out so the news was extended,so it was on late :(

it's just as well i left the telly on ....!
    the one day i stop following the IMF madness and i fall behind! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 scarpetta65

Wonderful. Settled down to watch Fair City on sky+ and what do I get? The All Ireland bloody Talent Show, that's what I get.
    Thank you Brian Cowen (for a lot of things) and thank you sky+.

Movember Song featuring Maclean who plays Damien

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1085761

Around 27 mins in...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Yvonne was very smug last nite. To think that a year ago, Suzanne and Yvonne hated each other. A year on, a lot of their personality traits are very similar.
    NEASA LOOKED HOT

0003f7fb-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 186

Tuesday 30th November

Bela returns home, and insists on accepting help from only one of his daughters.

Sarah turns her nose up at an offer for promotional work from Orla.

Damien and Mark visit Bela, who unwittingly inspires them to go to the Gardaí.

Cass offers Pete and Avi an opportunity in his Christmas tree business.

Keith goes begging for a job for Sarah, but not before Orla makes her grovel.

And Mark refuses Suzanne entry into her home.

Written by Rachel Kilfeather.

0003f7fc-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 187

Wednesday 1st December

Dolores appeals to Damien and Mark, on behalf of Suzanne.

Sarah prepares for a tough day of promotional work.

Suzanne struggles to cope, and abandons Vinos.

Pete and Avi take Cass up on his offer of business.

Yvonne wonders if Suzanne should leave Carrigstown
      Una arrives back to Carrigstown, and wastes no time getting cosy with Keith.

Written by Rachel Kilfeather.

0003f7fd-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 188

Thursday 2nd of December

Sarah feels insecure with Una's return; and the banana costume is not helping!

Damien confides in Dolores his fear of, and love for Suzanne.

Avi, Pete and Cass dress the part for the Christmas venture.

Damien walks Suzanne to her first counselling session. But she doesn't stay long!

Orla reminds Keith of his tattoo which Sarah regularly bears witness to.

Yvonne and Mark team up to keep their siblings apart.

Cass discovers there's a catch to his amazing Christmas tree deal.

Written by Ted Gannon.

0003f7fe-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 189

Sunday 5th December

Sarah's suspicions get the better of her.

Yvonne and Mark trade information.

Una lets slip to Sarah that she has a date with Keith. Sarah sets up a spy in McCoys.

Suzanne calls over to Damien to discuss their future.

Una questions Sarah's suitability for Keith.

The old Suzanne rears her head, as Damien discovers her web of lies.

Written by Ted Gannon.
          Directed by Ian McGarry.
          Location Director Anita Notaro.

Can I just say how nice it is to see Una and Keith there together.. she looks great. I love her character. :D

Great picture of Sarah in the banana costume. She is the one character i never liked. I hope Keith dumps her cos i always thought Una and Keith were a great couple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

max life wrote: »
          Great picture of Sarah in the banana costume.

Does that mean they're on the verge of a split?

Does that mean they're on the verge of a split?
          Sarcastic?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

max life wrote: »
          Sarcastic?????

Nope! Banana pun! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

:rolleyes:

Yeah sorry thats what i meant. Very punny !!!!! :D

una looks great!! would love her and keith to be together. sarah always gets on my nerves!

• Advertisement

I just seen Clelia Murphy on Wagons Den, from 2 weeks ago, on RTE player. She comes across very well. Well up for a laugh. Different than i imagined she would be...

Spoiler Time!!

Sunday
          Zumo learns about Ritchie's hold on Vivienne and urges her to clear the debt with money. He agrees to help her raise the cash to pay Ritchie. Carol accuses Neasa of being more concerned about her outfit than work. She discovers that Neasa nominated herself to be hostess for the night. Keith covers his unease about Una's revelation to Sarah. She reminds him that they are celebrating their first Christmas together.

Eileen agrees to lend Zumo part of the money Vivienne owes to Ritchie. Ray insists to Keith that he must sort things out with Una immediately. Louie condemns Yvonne's lack of sensitivity towards Rachel. Seamus insists to Barry that Annettes's memorial will be sufficient to help him move on. Niamh confides in Orla Paul's concern about finances in the garage and that he might have to let someone go.

In Vinos, Rachel tricks Yvonne into holding Ruth and she is relieved by the contained feelings she has while she holds her. Carol and Neasa fight when Neasa asks Decco to bring his friends along to the singles night. Neasa tells her she knows all about criminals. Louie sides with Carol and orders Neasa to apologise. They agree to be friends and work together. At the community centre, Rachel unveils the family tree and Yvonne insists on adding her name to it. She adds Suzanne to it as well.

Carol is unmoved by Christy's excuses for not supporting her against Neasa. Seamus discovers from Carol that business is not good at McCoys. Ritchie accepts money from Zumo but won't confirm that he’ll leave Vivienne alone. Ritchie offers Zumo a job. Una insists to Keith that her feelings are genuine. She believes that Keith would not visit her unless he had feelings for her too. Una brings up losing the baby and a trapped Keith thinks he has to comfort her. She challenges Keith to deny having feelings for her. He can't answer, which leaves her hopeful.

In McCoys, Louie insists to Esther that if she doesn't approve of singles night she can leave. Carol rescues Neasa from a drunken Decco. Zumo tries to reassure Charlotte and Vivienne that they are safe from Ritchie. Zumo tells Denzo that he needs to help him raise the cash. Keith convinces Sarah to go on holiday with him for a week. Carol is unsettled to note Louie's jealousy when she and Christy kiss.

Tuesday
          Carol coaxes Christy and Louie into attending the memorial event for Annette. Louie agrees to do it for Carol. Zumo punctures Vivienne's optimism that Ritchie may stay away. Vivienne makes Denzo feel unwelcome when she questions how long he's going to stay for. Tommy tells Judith that he is selling his motorbike. Paul informs a sad Doug that the garage can't afford to keep him on. Louie caves with Christy and okays a trial OAP night at McCoys.

Tommy convinces Charlie to allow temporary Christmas stalls for himself, Cass and Pete outside the community centre. Christy tries to defend McCoy's promotional activities to Esther and Ray. Charlie approaches Esther and asks her if he can court her. A furious Robert tells Judith that Caoimhe is reading confidential patient files. Pete attacks Paul for letting Doug go. In Vinos, he reluctantly agrees with Barry that he should attend the memorial ceremony.

Caoimhe indirectly admits to Robert her regrets about dropping out of medical school and that she is bored with her job. Tommy picks up his motorbike from the garage and Ray warns him about the brake pads as they are new. He ignores this and crashes the bike. Barry, Louie, Christy, Carol, Seamus and Paul attend Annette's memorial. Paul is enraged when he sees the plaque and demands that it is removed. Seamus refuses to accept Paul's complaint about it. He tries to shake Paul's hand but he refuses.

Charlotte realises that Denzo does not feel comfortable or welcome in Vivienne's home. Tommy and Judith learn from Robert that Caoimhe is frustrated and concludes Caoimhe regrets dropping out of medical school. Robert tries to tell them that's not what she said. Charlotte manipulates Vivienne into asking Denzo to stay with them permanently.

Louie accuses Esther of ingratitude when she complains about the complimentary drinks at OAP night. In McCoys, Pete tries and fails to convince Doug to further his education. Vivienne tells Denzo she's glad he's staying and they agree on a fresh start. Louie takes Esther's two pints as his and they fight over it. Esther insults him and he throws her out of the pub.

Wednesday
          soaps_fair_city_esther.jpg

Ray bets Louie that he can get Esther to apologise to him. He goes to the community centre and convinces Esther to apologise for Charlie's sake. Tommy persuades Judith to allow him to suss out Caoimhe on whether she wants to return to medical school or not. Pete is scornful of Tommy’s gimmick of having a live turkey at his stall. He humours Cass by naming the turkey after Cass's late parrot.

Judith asks a confused Robert to help push Caoimhe back into medicine. Denzo bumps into Decco at the Hungry Pig and demands that he find out if Vivienne is off the hook with Ritchie. Cass convinces Doug to contact his brother in London. Barry agrees to accompany Seamus into McCoys to lay the past to rest. Rachel is horrified when she learns that Tommy is going to slaughter the Turkey. She decides to become a vegetarian.

Vivienne forbids Charlotte from going out with Denzo. Charlotte tells her she can't stop her from seeing her brother. Seamus reveals to Barry that he will not return to the US. Cass persuades Paul to find a way to help Doug out. Esther tries to apologies to Louie but his attitude forces Ray to join Esther's boycott. Louie dismisses Christy's concern about Ray's boycott. Christy tells him he is being really difficult lately. Tommy fails to extract information from Caoimhe on her intentions to return to medical school.

Zumo convinces Vivienne she's being paranoid about Denzo’s involvement with Decco and Ritchie. Esther rebuffs Ray's apology for betting Louie that he could persuade her to apologise. She tells him he needs to prove how sorry he is by giving out flyers saying ‘reject McCoys’. Tommy arranges for Rachel to win the turkey. She decides to keep the turkey as a pet and Cass suggests that they give him to a turkey sanctuary. Paul lets slip to a baffled Pete that Doug is going to London.

Denzo, who is unaware that Charlotte is grounded, brings her to the cinema and Vivienne and Zumo are worried sick until she returns. Denzo gets the blame. Unknown to Rachel, Cass delivers the turkey to a butcher to be killed. Louie admits to Carol that he is jealous of her and Christy. Ray and Esther enter McCoys distributing the flyers. She has another run-in with Louie and she tells him he is ageist and discriminatory. He tries to remove her and she tells him he assaulted her and she's going to report him.

Thursday
          Esther accuses Charlie of siding with Louie against her. Louie goads Esther about not making a complaint to the guards. Caoimhe discovers from Vivienne that Judith has been trying to influence her interest in medicine. Vivienne fails to persuade Zumo to soften his attitude towards Denzo. Charlie tells Zumo that he should be more like Ghandi. Tommy fails to placate Cass when Eileen sets up a stall in his spot in the market.

Pete is helpless to persuade Doug not to leave Carrigstown. Ray fails to convince Esther to accept defeat in their campaign against McCoys. Louie is challenged by Charlie for threatening Esther. Louie makes things worse by insulting Esther again. Caoimhe admonishes Judith for interfering in her life and Robert gets caught in the crossfire. Cass and Eileen squabble over the market, both turning up at the other person's stall, and it makes Charlie demand that the market be wound up.

Ray advises Pete that there are times when a parent has to let go. The community side with Esther against Louie and demand he apologise for what he did. Christy begs him to do it but Louie refuses saying he's going to sue Esther and that she is a ‘bitter old woman’. Esther decides that they are going to set up their own social club in the community centre. Robert makes Caoimhe realise that Judith has her best interests at heart.

Zumo voices his determination now to let anything ruin Christmas for Charlotte. Esther spies a business opportunity and persuades Charlie not to close down the market. He also agrees to the anti-McCoys night in the community centre. Decco calls to Vivienne's homes. Denzo refuses to go out with him and tells a furious Decco to leave.

Tommy gets the upper hand over Zak on their differing views on vegetarianism. He tells him he has to eat meat until he is 18. Doug turns down Pete's offer to accompany him to London. Caoimhe asks Judith and Tommy to stop interfering in her life. McCoys is empty and Christy blames Louie for the lack of customers in McCoys. Seamus overhears their argument and offers to buy the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mogs9191

Hey I have just joined :) I'm a big fan of Fair City at the moment:P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Mogs9191 wrote: »
          Welcome to Boards and the Fair City thread!!

Mogs9191 wrote: »

Hi and welcome to the Fair City thread :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ah son of a b**ch - I had Sunday night sky plussed, which obviously means I'm gonna miss the episode. We all know the country is in a mess, we don't need to hear about it on telly - as if I didn't have enough reasons to hate Biffo already!

Did I miss anything important?

Ah son of a b**ch - I had Sunday night sky plussed, which obviously means I'm gonna miss the episode. We all know the country is in a mess, we don't need to hear about it on telly - as if I didn't have enough reasons to hate Biffo already!

Did I miss anything important?

Thats why I record Mondays :P Haven't seen it yet...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

angel01 wrote: »
          Thats why I record Mondays :P Haven't seen it yet...:o

Unfortunately its the repeats that are more likely to get a schedule change and I only get near the sky box on a Saturday, so I gotta series link one or the other... :(
          I really hope there's plans to get Fair City back on the player - its ridiculous at this stage...

Unfortunately its the repeats that are more likely to get a schedule change and I only get near the sky box on a Saturday, so I gotta series link one or the other... :(
          I really hope there's plans to get Fair City back on the player - its ridiculous at this stage...

It is frustrating though :(:(

• Advertisement
        • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FionnB

Missed Sunday's episode as I had Sky-plussed it so with the extended news I ended up with the AITS. So, set Sky for Monday's repeat and when I sat down to watch it, it was a repeat of last Thursday!

This discussion has been closed.
        Advertisement