Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

FionnB wrote: »
    Missed Sunday's episode as I had Sky-plussed it so with the extended news I ended up with the AITS. So, set Sky for Monday's repeat and when I sat down to watch it, it was a repeat of last Thursday!

That's just bad form - they need to get the player sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

FionnB wrote: »
    Missed Sunday's episode as I had Sky-plussed it so with the extended news I ended up with the AITS. So, set Sky for Monday's repeat and when I sat down to watch it, it was a repeat of last Thursday!

I saw they had two episodes lined up, I will be raging if my two didn't record :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,229 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Mogs9191 wrote: »
    Hey I have just joined :) I'm a big fan of Fair City at the moment:P

Welcome

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Ah son of a b**ch - I had Sunday night sky plussed, which obviously means I'm gonna miss the episode. We all know the country is in a mess, we don't need to hear about it on telly - as if I didn't have enough reasons to hate Biffo already!

Did I miss anything important?

Where do you want us to start,........... the shoot out, Ray renouncing his comminist beliefs, Dermot and Suzanne making up, Charlie winning a sizeable amount on the lotto, The lapdancers that turned up in McCoys.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Dermot and Suzanne making up.

Poor old Jo

• Advertisement

Epicurus wrote: »
    Poor old Jo

My mistake, I ment Damien.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 maiseydaisy

angel01 wrote: »
    Can I just say how nice it is to see Una and Keith there together.. she looks great. I love her character. :D
    me too, i think they're alot better suited than Keith and Sarah

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

A little underwhelmed by the spoilers for the next 6 or 7 episodes. The show won an awful lot of new viewers with the Suzanne/Damien story. They won't keep them for long if they don't have a big follow-up story coming soon that might build some viewer loyalty and turn them into long-term fans! The Johnny-come-lately's won't watch mediocracy for very long!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

:eek: Damo is going to the guards.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

My god! Neasa is getting worse! She is teetering very close to Felix territory in the acting stakes. The faces she was making at Yvonne were hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Laois_Man wrote: »
    A little underwhelmed by the spoilers for the next 6 or 7 episodes. The show won an awful lot of new viewers with the Suzanne/Damien story. They won't keep them for long if they don't have a big follow-up story coming soon that might build some viewer loyalty and turn them into long-term fans! The Johnny-come-lately's won't watch mediocracy for very long!

Couldn't agree more. Dreadfully boring episode tonight. It augurs badly for the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Couldn't agree more. Dreadfully boring episode tonight. It augurs badly for the next couple of weeks.

Your expecting a bit much from any soap. All soaps have a major storylines that develops over time and eventually have a big endings attached to them, with large audience numbers attached to that moment when so-and-so is caught out, and ultimately they have to return to their normal mediocrity.

The drama continues in Fair City with seven episodes of Ireland’s most popular soap, including an hour-long Christmas Day helping as Seamus McAleer arrives back in Carrigstown causing chaos and strife among the residents. Carol and Louie embark upon an illicit affair as The Bishop family reunite, while Keith sends shockwaves when he chooses the love of his life. Fights and tears ensue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Slightly off topic and quite irrelevant but I thought I'd share this: I pulled in yesterday to offer a lift to a man who was standing forlornly in the snow waiting for a bus, he accepted the lift, during our conversation in the car he mentioned his son was an actor and had a small part in Fair City, when I asked the characters name he said it was Finn, I had to rack my brain to remember Finn :), isn't he Keiths brother?

I didn't get any future plots from him, I'll leave that up to Angel:), anyway quite irrelevant as I said but I thought I'd mention it as one of lifes little coincidences....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Just saw the pictures of Una - doesn't she look fab. But last night whilst in bed - I remembered that Keith was a right B. to her. I hope Sarah doesn't get hurt by Keith.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Elmo wrote: »
    Your expecting a bit much from any soap. All soaps have a major storylines that develops over time and eventually have a big endings attached to them, with large audience numbers attached to that moment when so-and-so is caught out, and ultimately they have to return to their normal mediocrity.

Maybe so. I would have thought the best time to introduce a big story was immediately after the last big story, but maybe they have to let it breathe a little.

I'm looking forward to Una coming back. Keith is at his best when he's caught between two women.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Maybe so. I would have thought the best time to introduce a big story was immediately after the last big story, but maybe they have to let it breathe a little.

I'm looking forward to Una coming back. Keith is at his best when he's caught between two women.
    I agree with that. I would be HUGELY surprised if he does not end up with Una though. It is meant to be....

deelite wrote: »
    Just saw the pictures of Una - doesn't she look fab. But last night whilst in bed - I remembered that Keith was a right B. to her. I hope Sarah doesn't get hurt by Keith.

I really like Una and Keith together, noone else works with Keith in my opinion.

angel01 wrote: »
    I really like Una and Keith together, noone else works with Keith in my opinion.

I must be the only one who wants him with Orla :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I must be the only one who wants him with Orla :(

I agree - they seem like a really easy and fun couple.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Dreadfully boring episode tonight.
    Oh, I dunno. I could easily watch 30 minutes consisting of just tracking shots of Neasa walking down the street. :pac:

DeepBlue wrote: »
    Oh, I dunno. I could easily watch 30 minutes consisting of just tracking shots of Neasa walking down the street. :pac:
    Now thats an episode i would like to see....( drooling !! )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Una is back!! Go on Keith move in for a kiss!!
    And she looks well!!

There seems to still be a spark between Una and Keith. I think Keith and Orla are too similar to ever become a couple. Una looked great tonight (so did NEASA)...something different about Una...not sure what but she looks different...maybe its the hair???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Least we have Una and Neasa to look at, makes a change from looking at Suzanne's ugly head

ACTOR Yare Jegbefume insists he won't be leaving Carrigstown behind after landing a role in Hollywood blockbuster Neverland alongside Anna Friel and Rhys Ifans.

The Fair City star revealed how he is enjoying working with his famous co-stars and could contact new pal Anna at the drop of a hat.
    "I kind of have them all on speed dial at the moment, it's been a great opportunity to make contacts in the business," he added.

Yare will play the part of a pirate called Vranch in Neverland, which was filmed in Italy and Dublin and is due to make its debut in America next year.

"I play one of Anna Friel's main pirates," Yare said. "My character's quite vicious, although he's very obedient towards Anna's character Liz. Basically anything she says goes.

"I knew of her from Pushing Daisies and Brookside. She's the nicest woman you'll ever meet in your life. I couldn't have asked for a better co-star.
    "Then you've got Rhys. He's just a lovely man. He's very raw, he knows exactly what he's doing. He's great craic as well."

The Fair City star is currently on temporary leave from his role as social worker, Felix, but says he is due to return to the small screen later this year.

"I'm definitely not finished with Fair City, I love it and I'm having so much fun," he said.

What a shame :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

thought una looked great! really glad to see her back! hope she'll be back for a long time! keith was pretty mean to her but he's grown up alot.

bela seemed to recover fairly quickly. if he had angina, i thought he woulda been tucked up in bed for a few weeks! not sitting around and going to the pub etc!

max life wrote: »
    There seems to still be a spark between Una and Keith. I think Keith and Orla are too similar to ever become a couple. Una looked great tonight (so did NEASA)...something different about Una...not sure what but she looks different...maybe its the hair???

Was it Keith that said that as well. The answer is, the bump is gone. :p

bela seemed to recover fairly quickly. if he had angina, i thought he woulda been tucked up in bed for a few weeks! not sitting around and going to the pub etc!

Its soapland.

• Advertisement

thought una looked great! really glad to see her back! hope she'll be back for a long time! keith was pretty mean to her but he's grown up alot.

My granddad had angina and recovered quick enough :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement