Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 lbourkey

angel01 wrote: »
    What a shame :(:(

I heard from someone on the crew that worked on Neverland that he has a really small role in it??? Speed dial me arse.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

"I play one of Anna Friel's main pirates," Yare said. ... "I couldn't have asked for a better co-star."
    :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Did Una have any news on how Ringo is getting on.

lbourkey wrote: »
    I heard from someone on the crew that worked on Neverland that he has a really small role in it??? Speed dial me arse.:p

I've told you before, bourkey, I am NOT going to speed-dial your arse. Not after the last time. :D

Did you get any more gossip from the set? Were there any other Fair CIty people involved?

Imdb.com only gives twelve cast members - and in fairness, Yare isn't twelfth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 lbourkey

I've told you before, bourkey, I am NOT going to speed-dial your arse. Not after the last time. :D

Did you get any more gossip from the set? Were there any other Fair CIty people involved?

Not much gossip - only that Anna Friel had a nudey double!

• Advertisement

lbourkey wrote: »
    Not much gossip - only that Anna Friel had a nudey double!

Was it Yare?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Was it Yare?

PMSL, that gave me a good laugh :D:D:D

Tune into RTE1 this Saturday, December 4th, at 1:45pm to see how the Bike for Kids motorcycle team fared in Norway last year as they took on one of Europe's most stunning and challenging countries to raise vital funds for our kids.

Presented by TV Chef Clodagh McKenna, you can also follow the exploits of Fair City's Maclean Burke, Weather Girl Nuala Carey, former rugby star Shane Byrne and 30 fundraisers. Did they all make it to the Ambassador's residence in Oslo? Tune in on Saturday to find out and maybe you will decide to sign up for next year's motorcycle events as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,228 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Epicurus wrote: »
    Did Una have any news on how Ringo is getting on.

He left Africa to work as a chef in England :D

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He left Africa to work as a chef in England :D

In fairness, that happens a lot. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

I would be shocked if he did have a big part. He is such a terrible actor. He's also partial to the self-promotion (see jishouse, on these boards!! Lol!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I was surprised that Ray never mentioned to Keith that Una had been in touch with him - seeing as they work and drink together you'd think that it would come up in conversation.

Where's Nessa living now since Yvonne kicked her out of the pub?

I don't want Sarah to be heartbroken but I want Keith with Una. Maybe Avi could sweep Sarah off her feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Keith and Una do belong together alright. But Sarah and Avi :eek:
    I find Avi unbearable to watch, he is such a BAD actor. Maybe Ringo will come back. Colm Hayes interviewed Keith Duffy this morning and he is not in the Corrie storylines for the next few months. So maybe ? Although Ringo and Sarah together... Nah. I think Finn and Sarah could be good together.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,228 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jos28 wrote: »
    Keith and Una do belong together alright. But Sarah and Avi :eek:
    I find Avi unbearable to watch, he is such a BAD actor. Maybe Ringo will come back. Colm Hayes interviewed Keith Duffy this morning and he is not in the Corrie storylines for the next few months. So maybe ? Although Ringo and Sarah together... Nah. I think Finn and Sarah could be good together.

Does this mean Ciaran dies in the tram disaster in Corrie? I read that Keith had signed a new contract with Corrie

Anyways back to FC and I hate the character of Sarah so wouldnt mind her leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

Who thinks suzanne and damien are going to get back together? :( I keep wanting to scream at her that she should say she is sorry and get help, she isnt sorry at all, she keeps saying he made her do it, that is the worrying thing about all this, she hasnt admitted that she has a problem. Its obvious that she had some sort of a breakdown after all the strain but surely she must realise that there is NO excuse for physical and mental abuse. Ah she drives me mad ...I dont see how she can get back to 'normal' without admitting she has a problem and getting help!!

On the Keith discussion, I dont remember him and Una being happy together the last time, and he said recently how he loves how Sarah is not into marriage and kids like Una was so dont see how he would be interested now but no doubt its a storyline they may develop!!

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Does this mean Ciaran dies in the tram disaster in Corrie? I read that Keith had signed a new contract with Corrie

Anyways back to FC and I hate the character of Sarah so wouldnt mind her leaving

No he said that he would be going back to Corrie, he is just finding all the commuting very difficult. He needs to spend time at home with his family apparently

SoapFan27 wrote: »
    Who thinks suzanne and damien are going to get back together? :( I keep wanting to scream at her that she should say she is sorry and get help, she isnt sorry at all, she keeps saying he made her do it, that is the worrying thing about all this, she hasnt admitted that she has a problem. Its obvious that she had some sort of a breakdown after all the strain but surely she must realise that there is NO excuse for physical and mental abuse. Ah she drives me mad ...I dont see how she can get back to 'normal' without admitting she has a problem and getting help!! [

I feel like this too. I think Mark is not helping at all. What Damien needs is support, but Mark is just another bully. I can see the reasons for it - he's obviously replaying the events of his mother's death, and trying to save her this time. But it puts Damien in a position where no-one is really listening to him. That makes him more likely to go back to Suzanne, in my opinion.

Because she has never felt any real remorse, getting together again would be a disaster. I think if they get back together, she will kill him. Which would be a great story, but deprive the programme of maybe its best actor.

Apologies for the double post, but I've noticed that Fair City is lagging behind a bit in the poll here:

http://entertainment.ie/pages/annualawards/

Read this:

It's the shocking plot that has gripped Fair City fans for months. But the Herald can reveal that the domestic abuse storyline between former childhood sweethearts Damien and Suzanne Halpin is finally set to come to a close over the coming days.

The struggling twenty-something has been subjected to dramatic emotional and physical abuse by his wife since September.

Viewers of the hit series, which recently became the country's highest rated soap, will see relations between the couple begin to thaw.
    A troubled Suzanne called to her father Bela's house and lays herself at the mercy of him by revealing her heartache about her miscarriage.

She begged Bela to help her get Damien to talk to her and he eventually agrees and persuades a reluctant Dolores to broker a meeting between them.

However, a Fair City spokesperson hinted that the couple won't necessarily have a happy ending.

"The storyline is coming to an end and it will be all tied up nicely by Christmas. Suzanne wants Damien back -- but she is not recognising that she has a problem."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

and in fairness, Yare isn't twelfth.

True!

He's eleventh!

• Advertisement

From RTE:

This week Louie threatens staff cuts at McCoy's if business doesn't improve. He confides to Christy that until he clears the tax debt they are trading without a license. He also piles the pressure on Carol and tells her that if she is not a more productive manager and doesn't come up with money raising ideas, her job will be gone.

0003fb8b-314.jpg

Mark confesses to Damien that he is still very worried about him but Damien tells him he doesn't need a bodyguard. He calls into Vinos and asks a delighted Suzanne to meet him back at his house.

Yvonne calls Mark and lets him know that Suzanne and Damien are meeting up plus she also tells Bela. When Yvonne suggests to Suzanne that she gets counselling, she is fuming, refusing to go.

Damien offers to meet Suzanne once a week for half an hour and see how her counselling goes. She tells him that people in Mountjoy get more time than that. She confuses what she said about the counselling and Damien notes it. She tries to intimidate him again and he soon becomes afraid.

However she admits that she lied about counselling to keep him and he immediately tells her to leave. She falls to her knees begging him for forgiveness but he tells her it's over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

If Suzanne and Damo split up, who do you think they should hook up with?
    I dont think anyone currently in Carrigstown would go near that WITCH. Its hard to imagine Damo, as part of a couple, with any of the women in FC...

max life wrote: »
    I dont think anyone currently in Carrigstown would go near that WITCH. Its hard to imagine Damo, as part of a couple, with any of the women in FC...

I could see a late night heart-to-heart with Dolores taking an unexpected turn.
    (For Damien I mean. Not Suzanne. That would be going too far.)

I think you're right about Suzanne. If she hooks up with anyone, it will surely be someone new. Or some old boyfriend out of the past, who would take her side.

max life wrote: »

Personally I wouldn't like Damien to rush into another relationship, would like him to just enjoy being single for a while and have some light fun scenes with characters like Dean and Wayne (where the heck has he gone :(:(:() but in the long term, I would like Damo with Orla..

As for Suzanne, as long as she keeps her mitts off Louie, I am happy :D I think she doesn't have many allies left and people fighting her corner.. I suppose there is always Felix ;):D

I could see a late night heart-to-heart with Dolores taking an unexpected turn.
    (For Damien I mean. Not Suzanne. That would be going too far.)

I think you're right about Suzanne. If she hooks up with anyone, it will surely be someone new. Or some old boyfriend out of the past, who would take her side.

I knew Dolores would get some action sometime :D:D:D

Sorry read this in the Herald and I had to post it :D:D
    Just this week, minor Fair City actor Yare Jegbefume, who has a small role in the production of Neverland, boasted that he has the movie's stars "on speed dial."

Which presumably means that he has Anna Friel's phone number and which doesn't mean that she'll actually answer when he calls.

I love how they call him minor Fair City actor :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Sorry read this in the Herald and I had to post it :D:D

I love how they call him minor Fair City actor :D:D:D:D

Minor actor, small part. :p

Well done to whoever wrote that.. One of the worst actors ever on FC - and that's saying a lot!

I believe Maclean has been nominated for an IFTA award.. well done to him.. I think there may be a few rounds to go but he deserves to win. :)

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Maclean-Burke-IFTA-nominee/152594454786851

Personally I wouldn't like Damien to rush into another relationship, would like him to just enjoy being single for a while and have some light fun scenes with characters like Dean and Wayne

Couldn't agree more. Damien has not had much fun in his life. He never got the chance to be care free and single. There could be some great entertainment in the 3 lads having some fun. FC could even write a special where they go off somewhere on the lash for a weekend. Send them off to Octoberfest or something.

• Advertisement

jos28 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. Damien has not had much fun in his life. He never got the chance to be care free and single. There could be some great entertainment in the 3 lads having some fun. FC could even write a special where they go off somewhere on the lash for a weekend. Send them off to Octoberfest or something.

Wouldn't it be funny if they even filmed that as part of Fair City :D:D

being biased, I would throw Leo into the mix as well :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement