Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

If you are interested, Maclean features in this programme:

This is about:

how the Bike for Kids motorcycle team fared in Norway last year as they took on one of Europe's most stunning and challenging countries to raise vital funds for our kids.

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1086298

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

angel01 wrote: »
    I knew Dolores would get some action sometime :D:D:D
    How about Damo and Eileen Bishop??? He has a history with older women!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Only just caught up with the last week's worth of episodes and I do have one huge issue - who the hell has a 10th birthday party in a Tapas restaurant???

Only just caught up with the last week's worth of episodes and I do have one huge issue - who the hell has a 10th birthday party in a Tapas restaurant???

They really should have had it in the hungry pig diner :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

How did Keith end up wit Una's name tattooed on to his backside?

• Advertisement

STIG83 wrote: »
    How did Keith end up wit Una's name tattooed on to his backside?
    When they were a couple, Keith tried to prove his commitment to Una, by getting a tattoo of her name...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Damien should have had his suspicions when Suzanne visited in tonights episode, hadn't she already told him to lose weight and yet she arrived with a box of chocolates for him.

Go on Damo. Finally he grew a pair!!!!

Suzanne was showing her bad side again!! delighted when she messed up by calling the councillor him and her!!
    Fair play Damo, you grew a pair!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Suzanne was showing her bad side again!! delighted when she messed up by calling the councillor him and her!!
    Fair play Damo, you grew a pair!!

When she said "him" I was out of my chair and practically shouting at the screen.

Best episode for a long time, I thought. Not that it's been bad, but there was a suspense in tonight's that's pretty rare. I felt the writer really knew the characters. Sarah's reaction to Una was so believable, and there were surprising moment's like Yvonne's closeness with Mark.

Full marks to writer Ted Gannon, and all the actors. No Leo, though - always a bad move.

• Advertisement

When she said "him" I was out of my chair and practically shouting at the screen.

Best episode for a long time, I thought. Not that it's been bad, but there was a suspense in tonight's that's pretty rare. I felt the writer really knew the characters. Sarah's reaction to Una was so believable, and there were surprising moment's like Yvonne's closeness with Mark.

Full marks to writer Ted Gannon, and all the actors. No Leo, though - always a bad move.

I think Ted Gannon is one of their best writers, I love his scripts and it isn't the first time I have commended his work.

I haven't watched yet.. (was watching xfactor :o:P)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭midgej

Hi guys, there's a comp on the RTE website to win some Fair City merchandise. the question is "Where did Una travel to, for voluntary work?" I know it was somewhere in Africa, but can't remember where exactly....can anyone else remember? Any help appreciated...thanks!
    Here's the link, in case anyone else wants to enter.
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/comp23.html

midgej wrote: »
    Hi guys, there's a comp on the RTE website to win some Fair City merchandise. the question is "Where did Una travel to, for voluntary work?" I know it was somewhere in Africa, but can't remember where exactly....can anyone else remember? Any help appreciated...thanks!
    Here's the link, in case anyone else wants to enter.
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/comp23.html

Hi, It was Sierra Leone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Amusing article in the Irish Mail on Sunday yesterday about how the Fair City set was vandalised by graffiti. Then, after it was all cleaned up, another spray-happy individual was spotted by staff on the set, doing his thing on a wall. That Gardai were duly called and when they approached him, he spun a story that the the graffiti he was painting was actually commissioned by Fair City production and he was getting paid to do it.

Gardai left him to continue his work - commentating that nobody on the Fair City set is capapable of 'acting' that convincingly and so they believed him. :)

I hope McAleer buys the pub. I think it will be interesting to see how he changes things. Hopefully, then we will get some decent storylines for Louie. He is such an interesting character, but he is always behind the bar. He needs a change...

A number of 'Fair City' stars are recording a charity single in aid of the Simon Community and are hoping for a Christmas No1.

According to The Herald, the actors will record a version of 'Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas', which will go on sale on Thursday.

Amongst those confirmed to partake in the recording, which will take place tomorrow at the RTÉ Carol Service at the Royal Hospital Kilmainham, are Jim Bartley (who plays Bela Doyle), Dave Duffy (Leo Dowling), Aoibhin Garrily (Neasa Dillon), Tommy O'Neill (John Deegan) and Sandra Curran (Una Norris).

Curran has just returned to the soap after 18 months maternity leave and speaking about the single she said: "It's a great idea and hopefully people will really get on board and support and buy it for Christmas. We'll be doing it with the symphony orchestra so it's nice to have them involved."

In recent years the X Factor winner has aimed for the coveted Christmas No1 spot and they may have competition this year from the 'Fair City' cast.

Speaking about motherhood, Curran added: "I'm loving being a mum. I just came back on screen last week and I'm enjoying being back at work.
    "It's been hectic between getting back into the swing of things and then working on this single but it's nice to be busy. Una's a great character to play."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i think that's a fantastic cause!
    i still lol'd when i read your post though... visions of the cast singing :D

Here is another article:

FAIR City stars are hoping their charity Christmas single will storm the charts.

The Herald can reveal that a group of Carrigstown's finest will record their own version of Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas this week.
    And they are hoping that their vocal talents will raise some much-needed funds for the Simon Community this Christmas. The single will go on sale this Thursday -- and hopes are high that it could be Ireland's Christmas No1.

Cast members will team up with the RTE symphony orchestra tomorrow night to record their very own version of Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas. Among those confirmed to donate their time to the worthwhile project is Jim Bartley, better known as Bella Doyle, Dave Duffy, who plays Leo Dowling, Tommy O'Neill otherwise known as Detective John Deegan, Aoibhin Garrihy, who plays maneater Neasa Dillon, and Sandra Curran, who has just returned to the soap as Una Norris.

The group will be recording the track at RTE's Carol Service, which takes place at the Royal Hospital in Kilmainham tomorrow evening. The group were at RTE's radio centre yesterday for rehearsals ahead of their performance and are also due to be featured on the Derek Mooney show this week in order to promote the charity initiative.

Actress Sandra Curran has just returned to Carrigstown after being off for 18 months on maternity leave and says she was delighted to get involved. "It was just mentioned to me through the office and naturally I said I'd love to do it," she told the Herald.

"I think I can hold a note, although I have never done anything like this before. "It's a great idea and hopefully people will really get on board and support us and buy it for Christmas.

"We'll be doing it with the symphony orchestra so it's nice to have them involved. There's a good few from the cast heading along," she added.
    Sandra went on to reveal how she loved motherhood and had really enjoyed being at home with her first baby, Charlie for the past year and a half.

According to the star: "It's great, I'm loving being a mum. I just came back on screen last week, though, and I'm enjoying being back at work. "It's been hectic between getting back into the swing of things and then working on this single but it's nice to be busy.

"It's tough work trying to balance it all but I wouldn't change it. Una's a great character to play," she added.

I have just watched last nights episode and what a truly brilliant episode it was. I thought the writing was absolutely fantastic, Full credit there to Ted, he writes some wonderful scripts, I am a big fan of his. Always compelling to watch.

Maclean was utterly amazing, I was willing him to find out the truth and it was interesting to see how Yvonne and Mark were getting on. The end of the episode was wonderful and I was leaping out of my seat to tell Damo not to trust Suzanne.

I am loving having Una back, I love her stirring it all up. Great to have her back where she belongs!

I wonder what will happen next. Loved that episode! :D

0003ffd1-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 190

Tuesday 7th December

McCoys feel the pinch, as Louie struggles to find a solution to his tax problem.

Decco's reputation hardens.

Sarah decides its time for her and Keith to take their relationship to the next level.

McAleer returns, still grieving for Annette.

As Keith has second thoughts; Una goads Sarah.

Louie undermines Carol.

Written by Hilary Reynolds.

0003ffd2-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 191

Wednesday 8th December

Ritchie Lennon has a job for Decco.

Una questions Keith's happiness.

Rachel feels neglected by her favourite Aunt.

Neasa is in hostess mode but Carol is feeling left out.

Orla warns Niamh not to back Yvonne into a corner.

And McCoys new business practice put off the regulars.

Written by Hilary Reynolds.

0003ffd3-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 192

Thursday 9th December

Ritchie comes calling for his money!

Denzo goes on the run.

Louie and McCoys interfere with Christy and Carol's relationship.

Esther makes a formal complaint about her treatment in McCoys.

Decco rats Denzo out, and Ritchie comes calling at Vivienne's door.

Written by Clare Dowling.

0003ffd4-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 193

Sunday 12th December

Sarah and Keith prepare for their first Christmas together.

Vivienne goes looking for a loan from Eileen.

Neasa provokes Carol.

Ritchie gives the Bishops an extension on their loan.

Cass and Finn team up at 'Singles Night' in McCoys.

Louie and Carol share an intense moment.

Written by Anto Howard.
          Directed by Gary Agnew.
          Location Director Shirley Dalton

• Advertisement
        • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

:( Some bad news over the next few weeks
          -Doug is leaving Ireland after losing his job at the garage...
          -Séamus buys the pub from Louie and Christy and intends to knock it down as he blames McCoys for Annette's death - will they really knock down McCoys???

In good news though :D
          -Dolores is buying Wayne a plane ticket back to Ireland for christmas...
          -Orla is gonna convince Keith to choose between Sarah or Úna and he tells her that its Orla he wants...

Source: http://www.digitalspy.ie/soaps/s95/fair-city

Sunday
          Seamus approaches Louie again but he refuses to be forced into a decision about selling McCoys. Judith fails to pick up on Tommy's apparent regret at having sold his motorbike. Charlotte agrees to help Denzo with his Christmas shopping after they buy him presents. At the market Zumo approaches Eileen and condemns her continued support of Decco. Tommy fails to get Eileen to move from his spot.

Charlie clashes with Esther and Bela about how big the anti-McCoys event should be. Doug says goodbye to a tearful Ray. Paul graciously buys Doug's car from him for more than its worth. Zak makes Judith that Tommy misses his bike. Barry urges Seamus to integrate into the community.

Zumo approaches Vivienne and asks her if Eileen can have Christmas dinner with them. A reluctant Eileen agrees. Rachel and Zak’s choir arrive at the market to boost business for Tommy. Vivienne arrives back from shopping and discovers Decco in her apartment. He threatens that he will hurt Charlotte and she is forced into agreeing that she will steal prescription pads from the surgery. Charlie is persuaded to turn a blind eye to the market while Dermot is away.

The anti-McCoys event takes place in the community centre, but it is very reserved and boring. Louie goes to the centre but is met with a hostile reception. He tells Esther he was out of line. She calls everyone's attention for an apology and compares him to Bob. Louie leaves. Vivienne goes to the Hungry Pig and tells Decco that she has changed her mind and will not help him. He tells Vivienne that he’ll turn Charlotte against her if she doesn't.

Charlie and Esther kiss and make up. Doug organises a surprise for a delighted Pete for him to spend Christmas in London with his two sons. Louie reveals to a shocked Carol that he is considering selling McCoys. He asks Carol if there is anything left in Carrigstown to keep him here. Judith walks in on Vivienne just after she has taken the prescription pads.

Tuesday
          Charlotte innocently discovers the prescription pads in Vivienne's bag. She reprimands her and tells her not to open her bag again. Zumo spots what happened. Orla realises that Keith did not enjoy the holiday in Venice as much as Sarah. Orla and Keith share a moment between them. Yvonne and Suzanne share a joke about Charlie. Christy fails to notice a moment of intimacy between Louie and Carol. He questions Louie about selling McCoys. Carol tells Louie she’ll only miss her job and not him.

Tommy reveals his intentions to establish a farmers market in Carrigstown. Suzanne is upset when she encounters Damien. She flees from the stall. Vivienne gives Decco the prescription pad but cannot guarantee that Ritchie won’t want anything else from her. Ray warns Keith not to mess Una or Sarah around. He admits that Sarah annoyed him on holidays.

Eileen is taken back when Charlie suggests that Zumo may spend Christmas with Vivienne and Charlotte. She runs off to find Zumo. She hides her hurt when she learns that neither Zumo nor Denzo will spend Christmas with her. They invite her to spend it in Vivienne’s but she tells them not to worry. Zumo berates Vivienne for not inviting her. Yvonne tells Suzanne that running away won’t solve her problems.

Carol and Louie talk about being alone but he is dragged away by Seamus. Judith tells Vivienne that prescription pads have been stolen and she has called the guards. Charlotte arrives in and Judith informs her that prescription pads have been stolen. Charlotte tries to blackmail Vivienne for a phone. Louie agrees to sell McCoys to Seamus as he offers to match what he paid two years ago. His one condition is that he gets immediate occupancy.

A delighted Una learns from Ray that all is not rosy with Sarah and Keith. She makes a play for Keith. Louie tells Christy he sold the place. Carol is shocked but Christy is happy with the amount he gets. Christy announces that Carol will have the wedding she always dreamed of. Sarah forces Keith to admit that he didn’t enjoy the holiday as much as she did. Sarah storms up stairs and Orla entices Keith to stay down and sample some wine with her. Zumo is annoyed when his gran turns down Vivienne's Christmas invitation.

Carol approaches Louie and tells him she’ll miss him. He tells her she is the best reason he has to stay around. Orla challenges Keith to choose between Sarah or Una. Keith tells Orla that it’s her who makes him laugh and he trusts her. Vivienne warns Decco that the guards know about the prescriptions. Decco tells a distressed Vivienne that he is a bigger threat than Ritchie and she’ll do what he demands.

Wednesday
          Seamus tells a shocked Cass that he will be the owner of McCoys by lunchtime. Keith tries to makes amends with Sarah in Vinos but she stonewalls him. Una approaches him and is extra familiar with Keith. Vivienne confides to a furious Zumo that Decco is threatening her. Zumo tells her he'll sort him out. Orla calms Sarah’s fears about Una stealing Keith. She tells her to concentrate on getting back on track with Keith.

Christy tells an unenthusiastic Carol that their marriage registration form has arrived. He tells her that on St. Patricks Day she will be Mrs Phelan. Seamus invites everyone to the community centre to celebrate his acquisition of McCoys. Esther goes to spread the good news around Carrigstown. Barry tells Seamus that he knows he’s up to something. Eileen encourages Charlotte to send Paddy, her dad, a Christmas card. Orla accuses Keith of hedging his bets with Sarah and Una.

In McCoys pub, Seamus signs contracts with Christy and Louie. Christy announces to the crowd gathered that he will marry Carol on St. Patrick’s Day. Seamus buys everyone a drink on the house and then reveals that he bought McCoys in order to knock it to the ground. He tells them to take a good look around as McCoys will be demolished in ten days. Dolores tells Bela that she is going to pay for Wayne's ticket to come home. Zumo warns Decco not to intimidate Vivienne. They learn that Decco is heading to Marbella for Christmas.

Louie corners McAleer about his plan for McCoys. Seamus tells them he did it for Annette. He tells Louie he has to leave immediately. Zumo and Denzo try to convince Eileen to reconsider Vivienne’s Christmas dinner invite. Una questions Orla’s concern for Sarah. Later Keith promises Orla he will make a decision and choose either Sarah or Una. Dermot arrives back into Carrigstown and informs Charlie that the Christmas market is illegal.

Keith promises Orla he will make a decision and choose either Sarah or Una. Bela assures Yvonne and Suzanne that he wants to spend Christmas Day with them and Rita. He also tells the delighted girls that Jimmy, Darren and Louise are going to call them as well. Louie is berated by the locals for selling the pub. As they are doing so Seamus rings the pub bell and tells them they all have to get out even though it’s only eight o’clock.

Carol gives out to Christy for not standing up to Louie. Seamus tells Barry that Annette died because of McCoys. He says he can’t bear the nightmare anymore and wants the pub torn down. A sad Christy goes with Ray to drink about McCoys closing. Carol meets Louie in the car park. They sit in his car reminiscing about McCoys. He tells her no amount of money will make up for him leaving her. They kiss passionately.

Una has a nice after pregnancy glow thing going!!

A really good spoiler about Carol & Louie :D:D
          A STEAMY love affair is set to rock Fair City this holiday season, it has emerged.

Alan Devine and Aisling O'Neill, who play work colleagues Louie and Carol, have revealed in a magazine interview that their characters would embark on a passionate liaison behind the back of Carol's partner Christy.

Fair City veteran Aisling said that the couple gave in to temptation when publican Louie suggested that he would pack his bags and leave town.

"Part of our Christmas storyline is that Louie is considering selling up and leaving Carrigstown, but he realises that leaving McCoys means leaving Carol," the RTE star said. "That's something he can't do. Eventually he does start to get through to her."

The mother of one, who has seen her character develop from a "gangster's moll to the Lord Mayor of Carringstown" over a decade of playing Carol, looks forward to yet another exciting storyline. Carol's an extremely loyal and honest person -- despite the fact that she's been on the wrong side of the law quite a few times over the years," Aisling said. "So while she does love Christy, she's just not in love with him any more. She doesn't want to hurt him.

"There's a difficult, confusing time ahead for the three of them."Louie and Carol started working together in McCoys a year ago and their relationship has evolved from one of mutual respect to attraction which culminated in a kiss on Halloween. Aisling believes that the illicit nature of the the colleagues' romance is what appeals to her character.

"I think Carol is always attracted to a little bit of danger, and a bit of edge," the stunning actress said. Once their feelings are out in the open, the pair are at first a bit reticent about having a full-blown affair, especially Louie, whom Alan describes as "having a strong moral code".
          "He's certainly not one to mix business and pleasure," the father of two said.

Despite its timid start, Aisling said the secret fling would "definitely [be] going somewhere", so viewers can expect intrigue this Christmas.

Una has a nice after pregnancy glow thing going!!

She looks fantastic :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Louie is great tonight. Acting some of the other guys off the screen.

I love the dialogue too. "We had to throw out two loaves of bread yesterday." That's the authentic voice of Irish business right now, i think. counting pennies again.

Louie is playing a blinder in this storyline, you can see how stressed he is and he plays the part so well.. (I may be biased slightly..;)), I think it just shows you how you can have the businesses etc and how quickly it can turn...

Enjoying the scenes with Carol/Christy/Louie... all ticking over nicely :)

It's that time of year again and as the celebrities gather to shoot the cover of the Christmas RTÉ Guide Linda McGee goes behind-the-scenes to get the low-down.

We talk to pop sensations Jedward, television and radio presenter Miriam O'Callaghan, comedian Pat Shortt, 'Fair City' stars Dave Duffy and Aoibhín Garrihy, rugby pundit Brent Pope and television presenter Mary Kennedy about their festive plans.

We also catch up with RTÉ Guide stylist Janice Butler and make-up artist Ken Boylan to hear how they achieved the perfect looks for this year's Winter Wonderland theme

Watch a video on here: http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1208/rteguidechristmasphotoshoot.html

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Louie is great tonight. Acting some of the other guys off the screen.

I love the dialogue too. "We had to throw out two loaves of bread yesterday." That's the authentic voice of Irish business right now, i think. counting pennies again.

Ive never seen the big hoopla with Louis. All his delivery sounds a bit monotone and one note to me. Hes ok, but i wouldnt put him up there with the best on the show

• Advertisement
        • Registered Users Posts: 86,228 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I was LOL at Orla singing "We Are Family" to Rachel (who looks like a mini Helen Doyle) last night - she is a great character

This discussion has been closed.
        Advertisement