Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I wasn't too sure about Rachel's haircut, definately gives her an edgy older look.. she looks way older than Zak now :eek:

Loving having Orla and Una back, now we need Tracey back for the hattrick :D

00040106-545.jpg

Meet the actors: Sandra Curran.

This month we will be interviewing Sandra Curran who plays Una Norris.

A year and a half ago, Una left her fiancé Keith and uprooted her life in Dublin to work as a charity administrator in Sierra Leone. Now she's back for Christmas. Is she just home for a family visit, or could she have an ulterior motive?

If you would like to ask Sandra anything please email your questions to faircity@rte.ie, with the subject line, 'Sandra Curran' Interview, or tweet your questions to http://twitter.com/RTEFairCity.

We will select the best questions and put them to her.
    The deadline for questions is Friday 17th of December.

Some pics from the RTE guide shoot:

http://twitpic.com/3e319z http://twitpic.com/3e2ziq

• Registered Users Posts: 86,228 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

midgej wrote: »
    Hi guys, there's a comp on the RTE website to win some Fair City merchandise. the question is "Where did Una travel to, for voluntary work?" I know it was somewhere in Africa, but can't remember where exactly....can anyone else remember? Any help appreciated...thanks!
    Here's the link, in case anyone else wants to enter.
    http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/comp23.html

What can you win exactly?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What can you win exactly?

At a guess, pen, fair city bag, jacket, flask thing.. I received them at the set :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Oh Keith will regret that decsion bout the house!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Una is very bad at taking hints. She is only back a week and she is already getting on my nerves....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

max life wrote: »
    Una is very bad at taking hints. She is only back a week and she is already getting on my nerves....
    Totally agree - she is a right pain with potential to be a bunny boiler. For one who is supposed to be a hairdresser, her hair is awful.

Loving Louis in the current story line (all platonic Angel all platonic). I think Keith will regret his decision re the house too.

Hope Keith gives Una a good rattle

Neasa looked HOT tonight !!!!! ( as usual )

• Advertisement

Neasa looked HOT tonight !!!!! ( as usual )
    I know i have said this before on this, but you would have to give Damo a high five for getting it on wit Neasa

STIG83 wrote: »
    I know i have said this before on this, but you would have to give Damo a high five for getting it on wit Neasa
    Yeah i must agree.. Going from Suzanne to Neasa.. That is some step up ( from league two to premier league !! ) Talk about punching way above his weight !!!!

Yeah i must agree.. Going from Suzanne to Neasa.. That is some step up ( from league two to premier league !! ) Talk about punching way above his weight !!!!
    Haha good way of putting it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Corrie has really taken over my soap interests this week. Won't last long tho! :-S

I heard Eastenders are doing some sort of small tribute to Coronation Street in their December 9th episode. Wonder if Fair City would do so also? Probably not.

Anyway, it got me to thinking, when Fair City have their big 25th anniversary in 2014, what could they do to mark it? They'd have to make some attempt at following the big huge story trend that Coronation Street have set this week. It would have to be something disasterous also!

A Coronation Street style explosion in McCoy's?

An Emmerdale style plane crash on Carrigstown?

If they do either of these, they'd be called copy-cats!

How about the return of an old villain like Terrence to do a US style mass shooting all over the place?.

Ha! They have ages to think about it. Wish it was sooner than September 2014!

Video of Neasa and Caoimhe on the Rumour room, catch it on the RTE player:

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1086610

Tom Hopkins (Christy) talks about his favourite books:

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1086252

Imagine if FC did a live episode like Corrie are? they would be a good chance they be some mess ups in it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Imagine if FC did a live episode like Corrie are? they would be a good chance they be some mess ups in it!!

Yeah :rolleyes: Like the lines in EastEnders

Sorry live boards, ment to put up Harry Hill's version of the Eastender's mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,228 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Keith is way better with Orla ;)

I love having Una back, I want her back with Keith, they have a great spark and connection.

Orla and Keith are better as friends, would like Orla with Damo one day..

Orla and Keith are better as friends, would like Orla with Damo one day..[/QUOTE]

I cant seem to imagine them together. I would love to see Orla and Robert together. They would not last a day. Talk about chalk and cheese !! It would be interesting though to see how they got on together

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I cant seem to imagine them together. I would love to see Orla and Robert together. They would not last a day. Talk about chalk and cheese !! It would be interesting though to see how they got on together

They used to be flatmates - I think they got on very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

angel01 wrote: »
    Video of Neasa and Caoimhe on the Rumour room, catch it on the RTE player:

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1086610

I love the way Caoimhe looks completely unimpressed on that. I suspect there might be some good bitchy comedy in store for her.

I could certainly stand to see more of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Under A Funeral Moon

Hahaha. I couldn't imagine Orla with Robert. It'd be good entertainment though.
    I'd like to see Orla with Keith, they'd make a good couple. Sarah should definitely be with Finn. They're really well suited. Plus, Finn is far better looking than Keith. :p
    As for Una - freak alert!

Competition!

000402b1-545.jpg

Fair City website Competition Number 24

To be in with a chance to win some Fair City merchandise, answer the following question.

Who had their heart broken last Christmas?
    To enter the competition
    . Send an email to faircity@rte.ie.
    . Please put Competition No. 24 in the subject line.
    . In your email, tell us your answer.

. And don't forget to include your name and full postal address.
    Only one answer per person will be entered in the draw.
    The closing date is the 2nd of January 2011. The correct answer will be published on the website on Monday the 3rd of January. The name of the winner will be published with the correct answer. If you prefer not to have your name published, please let us know in your email.
    The Fair City team look forward to receiving your entries. Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

angel01 wrote: »
    Competition!
    000402b1-545.jpg

that's a really good photo.. is it really a year ??

that's a really good photo.. is it really a year ??

Yeah just about, that happened at Christmas last year, I really loved that scene :(

Seems back to the German ambassadors complaints about the RTE fair city...

We are safe....
    RTE has been allowed to keep its Fair City sets in place -- despite strong objections from the German ambassador.

Dublin City Council has granted permission to the broadcaster to retain the backdrops for the popular soap after it applied for permission to retain external film sets used in production. However, planners have imposed conditions, including that "appropriate screening" be put in place for the back of two of the sets. This is to improve their "visual appearance... as viewed from adjoining properties".

In addition, RTE will have to reapply for permission again within the next 12 months if it wants to keep the structures for longer. The council said the soap can film between 5pm and 10pm, Monday to Friday -- and 1pm and 6pm on Saturdays-- a maximum of only once a month. Among the objectors to the proposal was Ambassador Busso von Alvensleben of Germany.

In a letter to the council, he had complained of explosions and all-night works on the set at Montrose in Dublin 4. Official functions at the embassy have been disrupted by noise coming from the site. The diplomat's Danesfield residence on Seaview Terrace adjoins RTE's grounds.

Officials living there were woken by explosions coming from the set on one occasion, the letter said. On one occasion, German representatives contacted gardai after builders had been asked to stop hammering at 1.30am.

The officials phoned gardai in Donnybrook at 2.15am when the noise had not stopped. The RTE workers finally ceased their construction job after gardai phoned them.

An embassy representative made a formal complaint to the council later that day.The letter of objection stated the diplomats do not "object to the principle of RTE having a film set within their extensive grounds but they do object to it being up against the wall of their staff residence".

Another property owner, Dr Michael McKillen, who also lives in Seaview Terrace, said RTE's "belated" application made "a mockery of proper planning and development control".

Dr McKillen argued, in an objection letter, that the set belonged properly "on an industrial estate or a film studio complex".

The council said it had "concerns regarding the visual impact" of the sets "on residential properties to the rear of the application site".

It had requested that RTE set out if there were alternative locations available, "either within or external to the RTE grounds", in which "the film sets could reasonably be accommodated".

However, the council granted permission, though it did not allow the 10-year permission applied for.

Seems the actress who played Ali Foley is now a puppeteer :eek:

http://www.custardpie.ie/about-us/team.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I think (okay 90% certain) they did do a live episode a few years back - it was on after the watershed - and it had something to do with hospital scenes - I think Jimmy featured in it - I bet Angel01 can correct me if I'm wrong - or come up the linky if I'm right.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

deelite wrote: »
    I think (okay 90% certain) they did do a live episode a few years back - it was on after the watershed - and it had something to do with hospital scenes - I think Jimmy featured in it - I bet Angel01 can correct me if I'm wrong - or come up the linky if I'm right.:D

Pretty sure that never happened.. :confused: There is absolutely no way Fair City could pull off a live show. Although it seems to have improved over the past few years, I have never understood why FC's camera work is so poor - Ros na Rún's production/set is light years ahead of FC with a fraction of the budget.

Preparing for egg on face re: the live episode.. :)

Couple of side notes, as I don't post on here too often..

Maclean Burke has been excellent in his FC storyline. Very believable - it shocked me how well they pulled it off. I didn't catch ALL of the episodes, but some of the criticism I read on here seemed very unfair.. Sarah Flood has also played her part really well.

Not sure if this has been mentioned here before, but I know some of you are big Leo fans :D In his spare time Dave Duffy can be found playing at trad sessions in the Cuala GAA Club in Dalkey. Every second Wednesday and most Saturdays on Hyde Road, Dalkey. He's a lovely man, just like Leo! :D

See below :D

http://picasaweb.google.com/CualaGAA/CualaSessionMarch2809InCualaBar#5318740434996459010

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement