Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Not in the slightest. Just basing it on their acting abilities and what they deliver on-screen and as stated in a previous post, I had these opinions before I even met with them. As for character accents differing from the actors... I only gave an example of two but in a previous post I mentioned Ray and Niamh... meeting these two actors... they sound the same in real life as well but there is something in their technique as actors that lift them off the screen and make them superior IMO to Keith or the Bishops...
    Also I never implied that the guys weren't nice.. au contraire.. they are lovely people or seem to be anyway but just like a piece of art or a song I find some are more pleasing and convincing when watching onscreen than others.
    Recently I had a chance to watch an amazing scene in the upcoming storyline involving Bob, Ray, Una and a returning Turlough. Four great actors IMO, who perform so fantastically opposite each other. Wait til you watch this upcoming explosive storyline involving this lot. It's fantastic and will shock a lot of viewers me thinks.

You have mentioned a horrid word... Turlough :mad::mad: *reaches for the mute button* :eek:

Ok I lay my bets.. Hello Niamh :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86,225 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Una is being a right biatch this time around

Poor Christy I feel sorry for him cheated on again but him and Carol were never best suited

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Has there any figures released to show if the numbers watching Fair City fell the night that Corri was SUPPOSED to have gone out live. I know many people would have had their sky boxes set to record Fair City, would would be interesting to compare the viewers for each show as it went out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Great having Cass back, he would come out with anything!!

Louis was taking no prisoners tonight!!, hanging Ray and Christy out to dry:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Agree with Dubhillbilly 100% about the Bishop's..

I do enjoy their scenes, but not because of the actors themselves or any great writing or storylines, they just happen to play interesting parts in the show.

Regarding their acting ability, or lack of, I think Zumo is far and away the best actor of the brothers (that's why the writers made him the focal point?). He played the softer side of his character quite believably, but he is at best an average actor by Fair City standards, which are not very high anyway.. Deco and Denzo are amongst the worst actors on the show. Particularly the younger one, his scene when Richie Lennon came to their mother's apartment was absolutely pathetic.. Pisses me off about FC sometimes - it was clearly rushed.

FC's talented actors..

Bob (don't think they've ever had a better actor on the show)
    Niamh
    Ray
    Paul

In recent times:

Robert (he has played his part brilliantly since joining the show - probably the most original character FC has ever written - excellent!)
    Damien

I'm probably forgetting a few..

Leo, Joshua Udenze :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

FC's talented actors..

Bob (don't think they've ever had a better actor on the show)
    Niamh
    Ray
    Paul

Agree with the above names plus Carol.

re the piece in bold, what about Billy Meehan or Hannah Finnigan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

Good evening folks.

I'm Darragh, the Communications Manager of Boards.ie - you probably won't have seen me before here.

We were contacted officially about this thread today so I've had to remove a lot of posts here.

I just want to make something VERY clear so that this thread can continue.

Storylines should NOT be divulged ahead of them officially being revealed. What angel01 is doing (quoting, I assume, from the Fair City website or similar) is fine, and you can discuss those at will, but extras or cast should not be talking about what they've seen while filming. This is against their contract with the production company - who, by the way, do read this thread.

I don't want to have to ask people to stop posting in the forum or on Boards.ie, but if you're breaking confidence or potentially ruining storylines for fans of the show, you will be asked to leave. This isn't something we'll do lightly, but you could get into a lot of trouble for doing so. We don't want that to happen :)

So , feel free to discuss the show, the storylines and the characters, but nothing on stuff that's not been released by the production company or is on the RTÉ website, okay?

Thanks very much

Darragh

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Is the Australian Nurse in season 1 and 2 of The Clinic played by Robert in Fair City?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Robert was a nurse in The Clinic alright.

• Advertisement

Hi Darragh,

Thank you for the clarification. I have never posted anything that hasn't been officially released either by the fair city website or another soap website that posts spoilers for the upcoming or next weeks episodes. That is also why I put them in a spoiler tag (as not to spoil it for others)

Noone would like this thread to be closed so I understand why you have posted what you did and I am sure I speak for everyone when I say that :)

Back to the show, I have nearly a weeks worth of episodes to watch... First up Sunday :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Roberts reaction to the cake.:D

And Cass :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Would somebody PLEASE tell me what's the story with that girl with the blue hair:confused:

I've missed a few episodes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Fittle wrote: »
    Would somebody PLEASE tell me what's the story with that girl with the blue hair:confused:

She has cancer..

Very poor show tonight... The storylines were as simplistic as Sesame Street..

^ She has leaukemia

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

I'm no bleedin' Ghandi! LOLLLLL

What was with Denzo's joke bout the angel and Charolotte? such a stupid thing to say.
    And when did that Dillion twerp become a vegetarian?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Dunny! wrote: »
    Roberts reaction to the cake.:D

And Cass :D

Just caught up with the last few weeks of episodes and Robert and Cass have been the highlights - two brilliant characters.

Is anyone else really rooting for Robert and Caoimhe to get together or am I on my own there?

Also, has anyone else noticed an increase in the amount of background music used? I don't really ever recall hearing much music at all, but McCoys and the Hungry Pig both seem to have music playing in the background now.

Just caught up with the last few weeks of episodes and Robert and Cass have been the highlights - two brilliant characters.

Is anyone else really rooting for Robert and Caoimhe to get together or am I on my own there?

Also, has anyone else noticed an increase in the amount of background music used? I don't really ever recall hearing much music at all, but McCoys and the Hungry Pig both seem to have music playing in the background now.

I would like Robert & Caoimhe to get together, well suited also!

I did notice the music, I think it is a good thing, makes it more realistic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

angel01 wrote: »
    I would like Robert & Caoimhe to get together, well suited also!

I did notice the music, I think it is a good thing, makes it more realistic!

Is Cleo gone for good or has she just taken a few months off to do something else? I just dont think Robert will ever have the Chemisty he had with Cleo with anyone else. I really enjoyed watching there scenes together

blondie7 wrote: »
    Is Cleo gone for good or has she just taken a few months off to do something else? I just dont think Robert will ever have the Chemisty he had with Cleo with anyone else. I really enjoyed watching there scenes together

The last thing I read from the actress who plays her was that she had left Fair City but didn't rule out coming back in the future. She seemingly is also planning to move to London.

Here is an excerpt from an RTE interview with Jenny (Cleo)
    LM: Are you going to miss being part of the cast in 'Fair City'?
    JK:
    Oh God yeah! I miss it already. It's funny because I was unsure, I thought my last week on air was next week and I'll be away next week so I thought I was going to miss all of it. I suppose since I've left, since the last week of recording, it's been hectic. My life has been manic so I haven't really had time to think about it. And now it's all sort of setting in, It's like: 'OK, this is real and this is really happening and I'm really making this move and I've really done all of this and... God, what the hell is next?'. But 'Fair City' is always going to be a massive part of my life, always, no matter what. It will always be the starting point of whatever I end up doing and who knows, I might be back! The door is still open, thank God.

LM: Would you like to come back at some stage? Is that something you'd consider?

JK: Absolutely. I'll never shut a door on anything, especially something that's been that special and that prominent in my life. From the moment that I decided to be an actor I've been lucky enough to get parts, in shows or whatever, and then when I got this part on 'Fair City' it was for six weeks and five-and-a-half years later I'm leaving! It's like 'Wow'. So yeah, the people that are in there, they've been my family. Some of them gave out to me at times, about the Leaving Cert and doing exams, some others helped me through college exams. Everything that I've done has been a part of that world so I'm so grateful and I've got invaluable experience and valuable friends as well from it so it's always going to be a massive part of my world.

Reminder today is the last day for questions:

00040106-545.jpg

Meet the actors: Sandra Curran.

This month we will be interviewing Sandra Curran who plays Una Norris.

A year and a half ago, Una left her fiancé Keith and uprooted her life in Dublin to work as a charity administrator in Sierra Leone. Now she's back for Christmas. Is she just home for a family visit, or could she have an ulterior motive?
    If you would like to ask Sandra anything please email your questions to faircity@rte.ie, with the subject line, 'Sandra Curran' Interview, or tweet your questions to http://twitter.com/RTEFairCity.
    We will select the best questions and put them to her.
    The deadline for questions is Friday 17th of December.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Where have you all gone? :(:(

sorry i've been consumed by the weather forum... LOL it's addictive!!
    i'm still watching though! can't wait for the christmas episodes! :D:D

also i'm rooting for caoimhe and robert!

sorry i've been consumed by the weather forum... LOL it's addictive!!
    i'm still watching though! can't wait for the christmas episodes! :D:D

also i'm rooting for caoimhe and robert!

I have been over there now and then but I don't know too much about the technical aspect of it all and I find that forum quite cliquey and rude if you don't know the technical stuff...:(

Looks like a good few episodes coming up.. also sent in my questions yesterday for Una :)

STIG83 wrote: »
    What was with Denzo's joke bout the angel and Charolotte? such a stupid thing to say.
    And when did that Dillion twerp become a vegetarian?

Nice to hear I get another namecheck ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

I have been over there now and then but I don't know too much about the technical aspect of it all and I find that forum quite cliquey and rude if you don't know the technical stuff...:(

you pick up some tech stuff fairly quickly, but some threads are turning into AH and that puts me off!

anyway, have you all voted in the poll on the FC website?

i voted orla ;)
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

you pick up some tech stuff fairly quickly, but some threads are turning into AH and that puts me off!

anyway, have you all voted in the poll on the FC website?

i voted orla ;)
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

To be honest, I am not that pushed on the technical side so I just generally read and lurk but not bothered about posting.. not a fan of AH either :(

I voted on the poll, I voted for Una (as I would have liked that) but more likely Orla of course :(

On Christmas Eve, RTE 1 at 6.25pm, you can catch:

Mary Kennedy introduces Christmas music and features from the Royal Hospital Kilmainham. Featuring performances by T with the Maggies, opera star Celine Byrne, the RTÉ National Symphony Orchestra, the Mornington Singers, the Discovery Gospel Choir, broadcaster Michael O Muircheartaigh and the cast of Fair City.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Agree about Robert and Cass this week..

Robert is always a highlight, and I laughted out loud at some of the market scenes.. :D

Regarding the market.. could they not find a small car park somewhere (like Ros na Rún have this year) and pay a few extras instead of sticking 3 actors with tables outside the community centre.. Make an effort at least!

Sorry don't mean to negative about the show, just a couple of things annoyed me recently.. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement