Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

deelite wrote: »

And will Rita be home for Christmas just for a few hours.
    I dont know why they dont kill Rita off. She has been on screen only 2 or times in the past 3 years.
    I was wondering if they have mentioned Ursula since the actress passed away. I dont think they have killed her off yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

max life wrote: »
    I dont know why they dont kill Rita off. She has been on screen only 2 or times in the past 3 years.
    I was wondering if they have mentioned Ursula since the actress passed away. I dont think they have killed her off yet.

They have mentioned Ursula, as far as I know she is meant to be living with her son.

I wouldn't like Rita to be killed off, the actress is very ill and I like the fact that she makes appearances every now and then, she has given so much to this soap, it is the least that the show can do for her. She was a fantastic character with so much history in the show. It isn't her fault that she is unable to be in it more. :(

Thinking about it, I still really miss Mags :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Seamus seems to have done some work for the American military since he was away:

Dr%20Strangelove.jpg

I'm pretty sure it's a character touch. It would be strange if he did carry some effects from the fire and the beating your man Bill gave him. I think no-one has asked what happened, because they don't want to bring up the fire.

Its his LEFT hand that appears to have something wrong with, not the right.

Why is Seamus offering 1.5 for the pub (I don't think he wants to keep it as a pub).

And why does there appear to be a lock in on Christmas Day. Are the writers trying to take some sort of stance. The pubs are closed two days a year (Unless you are a rugby fan in Limerick and cant watch a game or go home after it without drink). I am sure staff that work in pubs up and down the country like to be guaranteed these two days off in the year.

00040c45-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 198

Tuesday 21st December

Charlotte discovers that her mother is taking her work home with her!
    Keith and Sarah return from their holiday, not the closer for it.
    Christy quizzes Louie on his intentions to sell the pub.
    Eileen finds herself alone for Christmas.
    Ray warns Keith to behave, as Una makes another move.
    Charlotte tries to blackmail her mother.
    The Guards pay a visit to the surgery.
    And Louie takes McAleer up on his offer.
    Written by Sian Quill

00040c46-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 199

Wednesday 22nd December

Eileen gives Zumo the cold shoulder.
      Seamus invites Cass for a drink at McCoys as the new owner.
      Una brings Sarah's affection side out towards Keith.
      Vivienne confides to a furious Zumo her fear of Decco.
      Christy and Carol's marriage registration form arrives, but Carol isn't in the mood for celebrating.
      Keith buys Una a sheep for Christmas.
      McCoys' regulars realise the extent of McAleer's grief.
      As Louie finds himself without a roof over his head, Carol offers him comfort.

Written by Trevor Colgan.

00040c48-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 200

Saturday 25th December

Three's company; breakfast time in Phelans is an awkward affair.
        Santa has been to the Faheys. Dermot and Ben get stuck into 'their' toys.
        Wayne comes home for Christmas and just in time to cheer Damien up.
        McAleer and Carol almost come to blows in the street.
        Keith and Orla share a kiss at breakfast. Will he have three women fighting over him?
        Vivienne has an extra person for dinner.
        Louie decides it's time to fight back, and take back his pub.
        Esther makes Christmas dinner an uncomfortable time for Suzanne.
        It's drama in the Fahey household as Ben and Jo literally cannot put down their toys to have dinner.
        As the locals stage a sit in in McCoys things heat up in the cellar.
        Sarah and Una fight, and then unite.
        Esther and Louie kiss and make up under the mistletoe.

Written by Clare Dowling.
        Director Shirley Dalton.
        Location Director Ian McGarry.

• Advertisement

angel01 wrote: »

00040c46-545.jpg

The actor that plays Seamus or is it Seamus, has a black glove on his left hand while filming indoors again, and none on the right.

Has anybody noticed something unusual about Carol? In a lot of her scenes, when she is having a conversation with someone, she keeps looking up at their hair every few seconds. I noticed it a while ago but thought it was a once off. She does it in every episode she is in. I dont know of any other actors who do this.

Sunday
        soaps_fair_city_suzanne.jpg

A delighted Carol wakes up with Louie in his bed in McCoys. Wayne tells Mark to lay off Damien and Mark reacts angrily. Damien finds a photo of his mum Tess. Keith tells Finn that he should be a shoulder to cry on for Sarah. Later Sarah thanks Finn for his support and he misreads her. Niamh avoids Esther's question about her client.

In Vinos, Yvonne watches Suzanne and realises how much pain she is in. Louie and Carol chat in the bed and she tells him that she is counting the hours until she had to return to ‘normality’. Damien calls to Vinos and asks Suzanne if she could go through all the photos and mementoes they have and choose what she would like to keep. She agrees to call to the house later.

Louie lets slip his real feelings to Carol saying he’s 'not looking for a bit on the side' and he loved her. Louie hears footsteps coming up the hall and runs out to meet Seamus who informs him that he is going to take possession of his property and show him the contract Louie signed. Carol persuades Louie to leave so she can talk to Seamus alone.

Sarah cries when she receives a letter saying that Keith's application to become a joint mortgage holder with her is accepted. She is comforted by Finn by then he tries to kiss her and she pushes him away telling him to leave her house. Later Finn approaches Keith and asks if he can move in with him. Suzanne arrives in Halpins to destroy the possessions she doesn’t need. Suzanne and Damien go through their items and burn their memories. They find an image of Marty and Damien gives it to Mark to burn. Suzanne tells Damien that she is going to leave Carrigstown and asks him for forgiveness.

Seamus and Carol battle it out with Carol saying that Annette would not like Seamus to spend the money on destruction but on a charity. During the argument Ray and Christy arrive in early to the pub much to Carol's shock. They inform her they got an early flight back. Suzanne tells a distraught Yvonne that she is going to London. Yvonne begs her not to leave. Carol nearly cracks in front of Christy when he asks what is wrong, but Seamus interrupts and hands Carol the contract saying she was right about what Annette would want. Louie catches Carol and she tells him that while she was frightened that they nearly got caught, she loves him.

Mark bumps in to Suzanne and wishes her well. Enraged Yvonne attacks Mark and pushes him over and over again. The photo of his dad falls out of one of his books. She leaves Mark alone and confused.

Tuesday
        Carol worries about her ‘New Year New You’ event when Barry tells her more people have cancelled their talks. Pete Ferguson is upset to learn from an email from Avi that he has dissolved their partnership and is going to work in Clondalkin. Sarah is stunned when Keith accuses her of trying to seduce his brother. Sarah accuses him of being naive. Damien calls to Vinos but leaves when people make a fuss of him.

Barry persuades Una to show a slide show of her adventures in Africa for the event. Mark is forced by Dolores to bring Damien to the event. It kicks off with the hall filling up. When speaking during her event, Una admits that she can’t wait to go back to Africa. Orla congratulates Una on her talk before she takes to the mike. Keith approaches Finn but he maintains the lie that Sarah tried to seduce him.

Cass is in the charity shop trying on unwanted clothes when he spots Bob Charles. He is wearing a chic designer suit, expensive shoes and hat. He heads towards the community centre and shocks them when he manipulates himself back on stage. Christy tells him he can’t speak on stage. He tells Barry and Christy that he has turned his life around. He begs for a chance to speak to the audience. Bob is allowed to speak by Barry but when he does he is shocked to see Turlough in a wheel chair approaching the audience. A delighted Una hugs him.

In the charity shop, Cass warns Pete not to get his hopes up that Dolores wants more than friendship. Sarah warns Finn to stop lying but Finn tells her she should be happy because it is upsetting Keith. Turlough informs Ray and Una that he will never walk again. Bob doesn't believe that he is disabled and tips him out of the wheel chair in front of everyone. He learns that Turlough was in a wheel chair and his spine was damaged.

Wednesday
        In Turlough's rented house, he falls out of his wheel chair and Bob does not help him. Orla convinces Finn that Pete must have complained about him to Keith and that is why he had to move out. But later Finn learns that it was not Pete who wanted him out when a confused Pete denies any knowledge of it. In the community centre, Bob meets an irate Una and lies to her saying that he has worked out his differences with Turlough. Seamus asks Bob to help him meet Turlough.

Ray promises a concerned Una to keep an eye out for Turlough. Damien tells an encouraging Wayne that he is going to quit the hackney office to take a painting job. In Vinos, Dolores tries to deny to Wayne that she has feelings for Pete. Sarah hatches a plan and confides to Finn that they should get back at Keith. They arrive in McCoys and pretend to be together by kissing. Keith reacts badly to his brother’s betrayal and they have a physical fight. Sarah is delighted thinking that Keith's reaction means he is jealous.

Bob introduces Seamus to an unwitting Turlough and Bob sets about organising a meeting. Pete is delighted to learn that Dolores has recommended him for the painting job and he has work in the New Year. He calls her to thank her and invite her for a drink and she hides the invitation from Wayne. Keith calls over to Number 41 and apologises to Finn and Sarah for his behaviour. He tells them that he is happy for them and a distraught Sarah cries when she realises it is over. Finn tries to console her and this turns to sex.

Bob tells Seamus that he can meet Turlough but names a price for it. He tells Seamus he cannot discuss the money with Turlough as he does not like to talk about payment. Wayne arrives back to his mother's house early and this scuppers Pete and Dolores's kiss. He is disgusted to see Pete in the house.

00040cb6-545.jpg

Merry Christmas.

Fair City Christmas Schedule.

There will be a change in the regular Fair City transmission schedule for Christmas week.
        There will be no Fair City on Thursday 23rd or Sunday the 26th of December. Instead there will be an hour long episode on Christmas day at 6.05pm RTÉ One.

So what could possibly happen in an hour; hearts get broken, affairs begin, mutiny in McCoys, and the Fahey's stick together.

Wishing all our viewers a very Merry Christmas and a Happy 2011 to you and yours from all the team at Fair City.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭thesultan

Is it me or is Carol looking sexy as hell on the show of late>?

• Advertisement
      • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 staythenight

thesultan wrote: »

its louie making her look sexy :D

She always does

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Has anybody noticed something unusual about Carol? In a lot of her scenes, when she is having a conversation with someone, she keeps looking up at their hair every few seconds. I noticed it a while ago but thought it was a once off. She does it in every episode she is in. I dont know of any other actors who do this.

ive seen her do this for a longgggg time. nothing new there! just part of her personality i guess :D

the state of her ear rings tonight LOL

Missed last nights, feeling like crap :(:( will try and watch today's later..

Carol is looking great these days, I think she is so pretty :)

She doesn't look sexy when she is standing beside Neasa in the bar !!!!!

She doesn't look sexy when she is standing beside Neasa in the bar !!!!!

She certainly does.. she looks better :D and even better when standing close to Louie :D:D

Video from a host of stars wishing you a happy Christmas featuring Leo from Fair City!!

http://www.rte.ie/ten/2010/1221/happychristmas.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Not a very realistic thing to make an announcement to gloatingly tell everybody you're knocking their pub really is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Have I missed something? How come Bela is welcoming the evil sisters back with open arms? :confused:

Loved Ray walking out with the stool...Classic Ray..

• Advertisement
      • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

RVD420 wrote: »
        Have I missed something? How come Bela is welcoming the evil sisters back with open arms? :confused:

yea i said WTF!? out loud when i saw that bit.

still have a terrible dislike towards esther. her telling orla to stay out of her business? yea says the woman whose nose is in everyone elses! wagon!!!!

louie's eyes are soooooo gorgeous! when he was all serious face in the car before they kissed..... OMGWTFBBQ!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D
        lol im such a fangirl

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Jeez Louis is HAWT !!
        I would love to know what solicitors Seamus and Louis used. They can have a pub legally swapped over in 24 hours. No surveys, no land registry searches....
        Anyone who has ever bought property(even a little house) knows that it drags on for weeks. Silly season for the writers, very unrealistic storyline.

jos28 wrote: »
        Jeez Louis is HAWT !!
        I would love to know what solicitors Seamus and Louis used. They can have a pub legally swapped over in 24 hours. No surveys, no land registry searches....
        Anyone who has ever bought property(even a little house) knows that it drags on for weeks. Silly season for the writers, very unrealistic storyline.

Things work very different in Carraigstown.

I know this is not going to go down well with some, but in this corner of Dublin, some what happens is very good but at times what happens is very stupid and not researched as things should.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I missed last night's episode - I can't wait to watch it today. I was watching Una and Keith together and Una's eyes sparkle light a Christmas Tree when she's speaking to Keith. I hope Una and Dolores go into hairdressing together they'd be a great double act.

I hope that one time Charlie and Zumo have a real heart to heart - and Charlie tells him all about his son being stabbed and all about his love for Mags etc., and Zumo tells him that he wishes Charlie was his father - I think it would be lovely.

Just one other thing - where's Andrew gone with Charlie's grandson - and of course the big absentee - nobody else has mentioned him so I will - Where's Stephen (barman)...?

Gosh I am loving this Louie & Carol storyline, he is so gorgeous and as for his eyes *melts*, Carol is one lucky lady :D When he said about going to Hawaii, I thought it was so lovely and some of the writing was fantastic :)

I am loving watching The Bishops as always, Decco really does portray nasty well and I thought Vivienne would be glad to see the back of him :eek:

The pub storyline is too rushed but its soap ;) Poor Stephen has vanished again and when Ray walked out with the stool, that was brilliant, classic Ray!

Did Dolores have a haircut? certainly suits her... can't wait for Wayne to return :)

Yvonne is looking wonderful these days and nice to see Rita getting another mention.. I have to say I really love Esther as a character, I find her brilliant and very entertaining to watch..

Just one other thing - where's Andrew gone with Charlie's grandson?
        Who is Andrew? I think you probably mean Anthony... Tjs' father??
        Orla looked very nice last night. You still would not think that Orla and Keith would get together. There is still not even a hint that they are remotely interested in each other.

Who is Andrew? I think you probably mean Anthony... Tjs' father??
        Orla looked very nice last night. You still would not think that Orla and Keith would get together. There is still not even a hint that they are remotely interested in each other.

I thought there was a hint the other day, when Orla asked Keith who he was more suited to and he said you (as in Orla) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Deise Tom wrote: »
        I know this is not going to go down well with some, but in this corner of Dublin, some what happens is very good but at times what happens is very stupid and not researched as things should.

It does get a touch Alice in Wonderland alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Deise Tom wrote: »

Isn't this to be said of all soaps ?

• Advertisement

Some nice memories of Christmas in Carrigstown...

http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/behindthescenes/1411197.html

This discussion has been closed.
      Advertisement