Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

jobucks wrote: »
    Old Floyd or New (Dead) Floyd?????

dead flyod, but he's alive - honest!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

deelite wrote: »
    And here's the "clanger" Gina had a drunken fling with a man in a nightclub years back and could never remember who he was - but it turns out to be Bella or even Leo...... now there's a storyline!!!

lol

Bela: "HEY! HEY! HEY! I'm your Da!" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

gogglebok wrote: »
    I think you're right. There was snow outside McCoys about a month after it hit the rest of the country.

When do you think the recession will hit Carrigstown - no dole queue there at all at all....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

When do you think the recession will hit Carrigstown - no dole queue there at all at all....

I'm not so sure about that. An old man living in a van, Doug's da worried about meeting his dole officer, Dominic leaving the country in search of affordable sandwiches, wage cuts in McCoys, everyone worrying about bills and plumbers. I'd say they were in danger of overdoing the recession talk.

They jumped the gun a bit with Louis buying up everything. I don't think many businessmen are picking up the pieces in real life until the serious evictions start, but not eveyone is going to be worse off when the recession is over. There's always some flash guy who bought cheap and kept his head down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Recession certainly has hit the casting people anyway. Couldnt afford proper actors for Doug, Doug's Da, Doug's Da's Missus, Doug's Da's Missus' Son, At the risk of becoming a Fair City version of the The Rathlin Bog I will stop. But you see where I'm going with this.

When you compare the girl who plays Belle in Emmerdale, and the girl who plays Dotty in Eastenders, the under 20s actors in Fair City are very very poor. The text-to-speech on the computer puts more feeling into the lines I feed it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I am bored silly with Niamh and Paul and their family... i wish they would introduce a new family as the focus on them and Bella and co are a snooze fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Tubbers

Recession certainly has hit the casting people anyway. Couldnt afford proper actors for Doug, Doug's Da, Doug's Da's Missus, Doug's Da's Missus' Son, At the risk of becoming a Fair City version of the The Rathlin Bog I will stop. But you see where I'm going with this.

When you compare the girl who plays Belle in Emmerdale, and the girl who plays Dotty in Eastenders, the under 20s actors in Fair City are very very poor. The text-to-speech on the computer puts more feeling into the lines I feed it.

Well whatever about the rest, but Doug still gets me with his moody teenage moping, fabulous. maybe Louis is from the future when the recession has ended and is buying it all up for then. Lovin the Mr.Whippy Van, I think an award should go to the dog.:pac:

angel01 wrote: »
    I am bored silly with Niamh and Paul and their family... i wish they would introduce a new family as the focus on them and Bella and co are a snooze fest.

sick of this family too, Niamh is truly losing the run of herself with her fake tears last night, Im soooo not impressed with her she is just so annoying, and poor sean only wanting to stay with his grandad sob sob!!

While watching FC last night I had this craving for Kellogg Cornflakes. Then I understood why - in Phelans - there's Kellogg's in a nice prominent position for the shot, and then in the community centre another Kellogg's product in the shot (can't be 100% sure but it looked like Special K), and then best of all in Ray and Deegan's flat a lovely shot of Kellogg's Cornflakes - beside it was a box of Cheerios in all fairness but later in another shot the Kelloggs was again displayed but the Cheerios had gone. Is this my imagination?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

While watching FC last night I had this craving for Kellogg Cornflakes.

Maybe your craving had something to do with the three big Kelloggs ads before the programme and at both sides of the ad break.

Think back. Did you used to get a craving for FBD insurance?

• Advertisement

nellie07 wrote: »
    sick of this family too, Niamh is truly losing the run of herself with her fake tears last night, Im soooo not impressed with her she is just so annoying, and poor sean only wanting to stay with his grandad sob sob!!

If I didn't get on with someone from my family, I would never turn around and ask them to leave :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SOUTH PAW

angel01 wrote: »
    I am bored silly with Niamh and Paul and their family... i wish they would introduce a new family as the focus on them are a snooze fest.

+1

Maybe your craving had something to do with the three big Kelloggs ads before the programme and at both sides of the ad break.

Think back. Did you used to get a craving for FBD insurance?

No never got a craving for FBD and I cant remember any scenes within Fair City advertising them either (apart from the scheduled ones before, middle and end of programme)

It was just something I noticed - maybe it was just that one episode but we'll see over the coming while......

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Just watched a repeat of last nights episode, how ridiculous do Ali's earrings look!!

they look totally brilliant and fit her character completely! total knacker!! love her

Maybe your craving had something to do with the three big Kelloggs ads before the programme and at both sides of the ad break. Think back. Did you used to get a craving for FBD insurance?

Maybe you should get the breakfast bowl and spoon insured?

That "accident" on FC last night was terrible poor.

what accident????

When yer wan Sarah was involved in a near miss by a car driven by joyriders, and inspector Deegan just happened to be out for his groceries and was there on hand.

oh thats right, that was ridiculous, not a sign of the car or anything just a load of old grannies looking for their moment of fame picking her up!!! hilarious, I love sarah think shes great

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

nellie07 wrote: »
    oh thats right, that was ridiculous, not a sign of the car or anything just a load of old grannies looking for their moment of fame picking her up!!! hilarious, I love sarah think shes great

Yeah, that was hilarious! They probably couldn't have done it worse if they'd tried! At least it brought a smile to my face!

• Advertisement

ah what are they doing to me Fair City tonight.. Started at 8pm, breakdown at 8:08pm, started again at 8:10pm (from the start). I wish that they would move to a digital system

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

She's gonna be preggers by Keith I reckon, silly ole cow... poor Una

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭robo

ah what are they doing to me Fair City tonight.. Started at 8pm, breakdown at 8:08pm, started again at 8:10pm (from the start). I wish that they would move to a digital system

They put in the wrong tape and played the 2nd half first...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭SOUTH PAW

OMG..Cliodhna how could you do that to your sister!!! :(

robo wrote: »

Easy enough happen

78787.jpg

SOUTH PAW wrote: »
    OMG..Cliodhna how could you do that to your sister!!! :(

AAAAAAHHHH! NOOOOO Cliona, my lovely cliona! why oh why??? Jaysus, he did well for himself there didn't old Keith, talk about pitchin out of your range, definite baby scandal on the way and then Keith Duffys child will come back and then they'll all live in a commne in Africa. At least a bit of sex in Carrigstown that isn't teenagers.
    Deegan is great craic.

Easy enough happen

78787.jpg

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere did you get this, fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭mambo

robo wrote: »

Not quite a bad a cock-up as then RTE accidentally broadcast the final of Challenging Times a week early, instead of the semi-final. I think the semi-final never got broadcast. :o

What a mess RTE made of fair city last night! I can't be bothered with cliodhna. Who needs enemies when you do this to your own sister!!

and as for Niamh STFU!!!

• Advertisement

anyone know why keith shaved his head, its drastic

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement