Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I'm sure I read somewhere that the scriptwriters or producers (can't remember) of FC read this thread...I'm hoping they read this.

Yvonne and Niamh could NOT be friends (neither should Orla be in that mix) - Yvonne slept with Niamh's husband, got pregnant and now Niamh is raising her child. It beggars belief to suggest that they would both be so close as to go to 'come dine with me' type nights out and sit chatting, across the dinner table as if they were best-buds.

Also, have none of scriptwirters got new babies? Niamh never mentions sleepless nights, colic, creches etc etc. Not once. Neither (which is even more unbelievable), do any of her friends ask how the baby is. And when herself and Yvonne are chatting, neither of them mention this child - there is no awkwardkness (eh, one is raising the others child!) - nothing.

Now I appreciate that there may not be a 'baby storyline' lined up anytime in the future, but surely Niamh could at least refer to this upheaval in her life...after all, she is not a biological mother and has been landed with a newborn (who must be nearly a year old now?)....Rant over:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Fittle wrote: »
    I'm sure I read somewhere that the scriptwriters or producers (can't remember) of FC read this thread...I'm hoping they read this.

Yvonne and Niamh could NOT be friends (neither should Orla be in that mix) - Yvonne slept with Niamh's husband, got pregnant and now Niamh is raising her child. It beggars belief to suggest that they would both be so close as to go to 'come dine with me' type nights out and sit chatting, across the dinner table as if they were best-buds.

Also, have none of scriptwirters got new babies? Niamh never mentions sleepless nights, colic, creches etc etc. Not once. Neither (which is even more unbelievable), do any of her friends ask how the baby is. And when herself and Yvonne are chatting, neither of them mention this child - there is no awkwardkness (eh, one is raising the others child!) - nothing.

Now I appreciate that there may not be a 'baby storyline' lined up anytime in the future, but surely Niamh could at least refer to this upheaval in her life...after all, she is not a biological mother and has been landed with a newborn (who must be nearly a year old now?)....Rant over:D

I think I remember shortly after Ruth arrived, Niamh was complaining over the lack of sleep and the crying etc but that seemed to be swept over and dealt with and hasn't been spoken of since..

They never mention where Ruth goes during the day, the other day I saw Yvonne even taking Ruth out.. this is the birth mother, who previously wanted nothing to do with her? :confused:

Also has Connie been totally forgotten about?? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Totally agree about Niamh and Yvonne, I'd want to poison her!

Also, I hate how they've weakened Carols character. The old Carol would never have 'asked permission' off a man to go for a few drinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

angel01 wrote: »
    Also has Connie been totally forgotten about?? :confused::confused:

She was mentioned on Wednesday night. Think Yvonne was talking to Niamh.
    Said things have finsihed and Connie went to a shrink and the shrink said their relationship was toxic. So I guess that's the end of that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Fair city was for a while there before Christmas the top soap on TV, but they have let their standards slip. The obviously felt that if they pulled in the viewers they would keep them. It does not work this way. They have to keep coming up with top story lines. Since the Damien/Suzzane storyline the show has gone down hill a lot and right now i nearly as boring as Eastenders. Lets hope it never becomes as depressing as that soap is.

• Advertisement

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Fair city was for a while there before Christmas the top soap on TV, but they have let their standards slip. The obviously felt that if they pulled in the viewers they would keep them. It does not work this way. They have to keep coming up with top story lines. Since the Damien/Suzzane storyline the show has gone down hill a lot and right now i nearly as boring as Eastenders. Lets hope it never becomes as depressing as that soap is.

Don't often agree with you Tom but I am here.. I think the storylines have dipped a little, though it is difficult beating such a good storyline as the Damien/Suzanne one..
    Ste- wrote: »
    She was mentioned on Wednesday night. Think Yvonne was talking to Niamh.
    Said things have finsihed and Connie went to a shrink and the shrink said their relationship was toxic. So I guess that's the end of that.

Ah okay, I have a weeks worth of episodes yet to watch...

I think Carol has become too weak now, I preferred the old battle axe tough Carol to the boring one that she has become.. though I love her with Louie :D

Just as a FYI:

00041dbd-545.jpg

Fair City Ep. 15.

There was an error on the credit roller on last night's episode.

The writer of episode 15 was Ken Harmon, not Shona McCarthy, as went out on air last night.

Sincerest apologies for the mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mardeen

I wish Louis and Carol get back together!!!!

I have just caught up and I have to add... that I have actually enjoyed this weeks episodes. Big fan of the Bishops.. love Decco. So glad to see him back and thought his scenes with Vivienne were really well acted and scripted..

This stupid storyline with Niamh/Yvonne/Orla/Carol is real filler stuff...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

I have just caught up and I have to add... that I have actually enjoyed this weeks episodes. Big fan of the Bishops.. love Decco. So glad to see him back and thought his scenes with Vivienne were really well acted and scripted..

This stupid storyline with Niamh/Yvonne/Orla/Carol is real filler stuff...:(

Urrgh!! I HATE the bishops!! I've taken to now recording the show on sky player and fast forwarding all the scenes with characters I don't like! Much better show when you have no bishops, Felix or Avi LOL!!

Show hasn't been great so far in the new year. Pete/Wayne/damo, is the only thing worth watching.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

i didn't like turlough before, but i am warming to him now. i think himself & bob are great together. the whole neasa thing is a bit strange though. her smiling at him all the time is quite funny..

carol has indeed gone soft. but she showed a bit of her old self with that wit the other night! :D
    love it when she's giving out to people telling them to shut up or something :D:D

don't mind the bishops so much... but yea, the pint of milk in the pub is a bit strange, though i think i've seen him drink milk before there! but who goes into a pub and orders a pint of milk in a pint glass?
    & the bishops were eejits to be discussing decco matters in earshot of the gard... DUH....

looking forward to next week! bob will be up to his old tricks no doubt!

I think the Bishops are a brilliant family and the one family in the show that I enjoy every scene. The more the better in my opinion.. :D I don't see the problem in drinking Milk in a pub... It is no different to going in and asking for a pint of coke or whatever. :)

I wonder is that Avi now gone... here's hoping!

I am also warming to Turlough :eek: though I think he may not be all as nice as he is acting... I like his partnership with Bob and I find the Neasa thing okay but they need to slow it down, pairing them up too quickly..

Good to see Louie back :D

00042498-545.jpg

Lucy catches Dolores' eye.

As Dolores approaches Jessica's anniversary, she finds comfort in a stranger.

Jessica is never far from Dolores' thoughts, and even more so, since Dolores' recent contact with an organ donor support group. At a donor seminar, Dolores meets the sweet and gentle Lucy Mallon, who she immediately strikes up a rapport with.

Lucy reveals that she is a donor recipient, who coincidently, had a corneal transplant the same month and year that Jessica died.

Is there more to the connection between Lucy and Dolores? Or could Dolores be clutching at straws and Lucy clutching at her purse?

Lucy is played by Lorna Quinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

.. :D I don't see the problem in drinking Milk in a pub... It is no different to going in and asking for a pint of coke or whatever. :)

Emmmmm, it's VERY different!!! Particularly when he is supposed to be one of Dublins finest criminals! I've been in thousands of pubs (well, alot of pubs!) and I've never once seen anyone sit at the bar and order a pint of milk!!!

Anyway, I'm loving turlough this time too..and Bob of course...not gettin the whole Neasa vibe though - that girl could have anyone she wants and she picks a man 20yrs older than her, with no job, and in a wheelchair:confused: Another storyline not making much sense to me anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Emmmmm, it's VERY different!!! Particularly when he is supposed to be one of Dublins finest criminals! I've been in thousands of pubs (well, alot of pubs!) and I've never once seen anyone sit at the bar and order a pint of milk!!!

Many years ago I went out with a non-drinker and he ordered a pint of milk in pubs and he did get funny looks from the other drinkers in the pub - goes to say we didn't last that long (2 weeks to be exact - I had to drink more to keep him more interesting...:D). Alledgedly serious criminals (the ones who never get caught) who supply drugs etc don't take drugs or drink (as they need to keep a clear head at all times).

Inanyways I was thinking wouldn't Brendan Gleeson be an ideal casting as Leo Dowling's brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I love the Bishops. theyre the only reason Im watching far city at the moment, and ive really gotten into it. I love the louie and carol story line. I hope they end up together, but i feel so bad for christy.

Anyway, I'm loving turlough this time too..and Bob of course...not gettin the whole Neasa vibe though - that girl could have anyone she wants and she picks a man 20yrs older than her, with no job, and in a wheelchair:confused: Another storyline not making much sense to me anyway!

So because he is supposed to be a hard man, what exactly is he supposed to drink then? Not everyone has to drink and I don't drink often, if at all.. If he wants milk, let him have it. It isn't a big deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

I love how Vivienne is finally bonding with the boys. There is something strangely adorable about even the tough boy coming back to his mum when things go wrong. I think shes a fantastic actress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Inanyways I was thinking wouldn't Brendan Gleeson be an ideal casting as Leo Dowling's brother.

Yes, his more talented, better actor brother.:D

I love how Vivienne is finally bonding with the boys. There is something strangely adorable about even the tough boy coming back to his mum when things go wrong. I think shes a fantastic actress.

Well said and something I totally agree with. Some lovely scenes with Decco and Vivienne.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I love how Vivienne is finally bonding with the boys.

I'm sorry, but I completely disagree lads.. The storyline was poor from the start and is now going on FOREVER, people who barely look in the same species never mind the same family, the most cliché "Dublin Scumbags", and acted by the poorest actors currently in Fair City...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Was it just me or did every male watching FC right now did they get excited a minute ago wit Neasa? God she was HOT in that outfit :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

So cringeworthy watching nessa and turlough on a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

cringe eposide tonight, vivienne taking on gangsters :rolleyes:, neasa and turlough ... who writes this stuff :(

"We've become close friends"
    "They dont know what we're like together"

... What is it now, five casual and random meetings in two weeks? What a load of rubbish..

cringe eposide tonight, vivienne taking on gangsters :rolleyes:, neasa and turlough ... who writes this stuff :(

"Dont go messing with the Bishops"...
    Is she talking about her extended families or the the lads that move the priests... Another very poor scene..

Bob and Carol/Louis holding the show on their own at the moment..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Why does Turlough get to maul the face off Neasa?:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

"We've become close friends"
    "They dont know what we're like together"

... What is it now, five casual and random meetings in two weeks? What a load of rubbish..
    I have to agree...this storyline is awful.
    After the strong storyline before Xmas, the writers have got very lazy. Niamh and Yvonne becoming great buddies....what a joke...they hated each other not so long ago. Then in the space of a couple of episodes, they are the best of friends:mad:
    The bishops are also becoming like the brady bunch now...
    I am a huge FC fan but...jeez.....bring back Avi and Felix....all is forgiven:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

I may be in a minority here, but I thought that was a fantastic episode. Yes, I'm a little sceptical of the Bishops story - why did Dr Sexy not mention the missing prescription sheets? But I would forgive a lot for those great scenes with the three women. Very funny stuff. Yvonne and Niamh at their best, and Orla stirring things from the sidelines. I could watch them all night.

As for Turlough and Neasa: I'm a long-term fan of his, and I think he's doing a cracking job - but she was more than a match for him tonight. That scene on the swings, I thought she was particularly moving. Not just a pretty face.

• Advertisement

max life wrote: »
    Niamh and Yvonne becoming great buddies....what a joke...

Yeah it's very forced, clumsy and inconsistent the way they are trying to make a "Sex And The Fair City" out of Niamh, Yvonne, Carol and Orla..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement