Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

pavcro10 wrote: »
    Also! What's the story with turlough and his bloomin chess set

I thought it was a reference to Spanish Train by Christy Burke - the devil and the lord playing chess....but who is who I wonder.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭A.Tomas

Looking forward to Caoimhe's birthday party.

(despite the face she puts on, and a few too many fiacla) ,

is that girl a ridebag or what!:D

http://img.rasset.ie/0003a20d-279.jpg

:p

Wouldn't mind making an appointment with her. Bah-zing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

deelite wrote: »
    Err probably most famous for marrying Ben Dunne's son Mark and then separating from him.

Ah, we all did that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I know they've only moved in to the area, but that must be the smallest birthday party ever....

• Advertisement

They've been talking about that party for a week and there were only two guests!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Well, it was for "family only" initially, then the "wan with the mouth" invited Deco and it seems Dean invited himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Ah poor Decco... They need to introduce a nice love interest for him...
    Also, I thought a couple of months ago they were hinting at a relationship between Robert and Caoimhe, but apparently that won't happen, so they should introduce someone for Robert too...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Why would her own sister not go to town with her on her 21st?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Ha! That was a fairly low key 21st if ever I saw one. Didn't see Dean and caoimhe getting together. It's a weird one. They put odd couples together on FC.

• Advertisement

Why would her own sister not go to town with her on her 21st?

The stretch limo wasnt wheelchair accessible.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 86,217 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

A.Tomas wrote: »
    They've been talking about that party for a week and there were only two guests!!!

Yes that was pathetic. Wasnt she inviting Orla, Finn and Keith at some stage :confused:

I am sick and tired of the Louis and Carol affair storyline already and as for Turlough and Nessa one word comes to mind sick! She goes from being a slapper sleeping with a guy to pay off a debt to worried about Louis and Carol's affair and in love with an old guy and Caoimhe seems to have swapped personalities with Nessa anyways all the Dillion kids are bloody annoying :mad:

Yes. I agree Liz! The Dillons are featured so much now, it's complete overkill at this stage. It was like Paul and Niamh last year. But compared to the Dillons I'd welcome the brennans back with open arms!!

None of the family are great actors either. Tommy, Judith are passable and I'll give derbhala the benefit of the doubt because she hasn't been in a storyline yet.

Why are actors like Pete for example, being overlooked, every scene he is in, is solid and believable. Yet he doesn't get a storyline. The neasas and zumos, who are unable to carry them, get them! Team pete rant over!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

I thought it was a reference to Spanish Train by Christy Burke - the devil and the lord playing chess....but who is who I wonder.:D

Christy Burke!! Do you mean Chris de Burgh or the Sinn Fein candidate?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    and Caoimhe seems to have swapped personalities with Nessa :mad:

I am actually begining to think that the scriptwriters are mixing up the scripts for Caoimhe and Nessa:confused:

That 21st was a shambles. Apart from the embarrassment of there being 2 guest, how old is Dean??

There's not a 21yr old in the country who doesn't already have a laptop:rolleyes: and not one other member of her family going into town with her....ridiculous!!!! I don't know about the rest of you here, but my GP lives in a mansion and drives a 10 Merc...to have this GP's family moving to Carrigstown for a start is a joke, and then to have them completely rebuild Dolores house in a matter of days...and then to have a 21st with crisps and peanuts in your kitchen.. ...the list is endless:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

Agree that the 21st was a joke!

Also, I don't think Decco would have sat there all night whilst she made a fool out of him with Dean, I know he got a major scare recently but don't think that was realistic of his character, he's a supposed wannabe gangster :rolleyes:

Also I wonder have they put Dean with Caoimhe so that when Tracey comes back he will be in a relationship and perhaps there will be a repeat of all that chemistry between him and Tracey with him being a taken man again ....could be totally off the mark as I have no idea when Tracey is back and himself and Caoimhe might be a one night thing for all I know! I did prefer the idea of her with Robert, however she is turning into a right cow so she doesnt deserve him and doesnt deserve Dean either :D

Bob is incredible, he is so convincing in every scene. I think him and Turlough are working out well together.

I wonder when Christy is going to find out about the affair, if it is on the altar we have a good few weeks to wait :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

I thought its gonna be all revealed soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,217 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

SoapFan27 wrote: »
    I wonder when Christy is going to find out about the affair, if it is on the altar we have a good few weeks to wait :(
    He sees Carol and Louie kissing this week and dont say anything to them he is going to fight for Carol apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

I'm sick of Neasa! There I said it!! She is just a moan! I agree about the caoimhe/Neasa transplant.
    The carol/Louie thing just isn't working for me either. I actually like carol with christy. I don't think they were together long enough for the audience to care who she goes with. Be different if it was jo and dermot for example. It doesn't help that the dialogue is so cheesy. If a man said things like Louie says to carol. I'd be reaching for the bucket!!

I'm finding turlough very boring. But bob lifts those scenes for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Eradicate wrote: »
    .Be different if it was jo and dermot for example.

Now that you mention them, i havent seen Jo and Dermot in it in ages. Miss them there good craic together :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

an awful lot of moanin goin on in this thread now!
    Wambulance.jpg

despite what ye all say, i like the dillons. i'm still enjoying it! there are a few WTF moments.. but all in all it's not all that bad! it's a soap, not real life :p

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

^^^haha Waaahmbulance

I like the Dillons too and don't think they've been overused at all.

Ray is another one who really deserves a story. I'd also love it if they ran some of the comedy storylines for longer. Like a lot more mileage could have been got out of the swingers storyline but it was ended in a week. It was hilarious though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

Vivienne Connolly is going to be Louie's ex wife - she'll be competition for Carol

i thought his ex wife was a yank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

max life wrote: »
    I think she used to be a famous model.
    Ah great! Just what FC needs at the moment, another Model/Celebrity that probably can't act! :( .... Models haven't really a great track record in FC, just look at Felix for feck sake! who hires the actors in there? In the UTV soaps they list it in the credits, but I haven't seen it on the FC credits (must work as a models agent on the side :rolleyes: ) I've been bitten my lip for far too long now and I just have to ask.......WTF is going on with Fair City at the moment??? Stories are ridiculous!!!! All the good decent actors have either disappeared (except Bob) or have very short silly stories and we're left with the Dillons?? and now another new model/actor?! I can't figure out whats going on?
    I have to say I'm really very disappointed with whats going on at the moment, things were going so well with the Damian/Suzanne story, I've reverted to watching it on Sky+ so I can fast forward the Dillons shouting their heads off! (put a few more mic's in their kitchen ffs!) Rant over :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

i thought his ex wife was a yank

Maybe she might come in and be a bit like Jonathan Ryan. I can never remember him having that thick accent when he was in Bosco or Inside.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Ah great! Just what FC needs at the moment, another Model/Celebrity that probably can't act! :( .... Models haven't really a great track record in FC, just look at Felix for feck sake! who hires the actors in there?

Your one, cant think of her name, Costello, former Miss Ireland was another one.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Your one, cant think of her name, Costello, former Miss Ireland was another one.

One time actor, now full time charlatan Yvonne Costello..

I0000zWZEHApof94.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

Deise Tom wrote: »
    The guy with the pony tail Robin had a fling with (can't remember his name), and isn't one of the Dillons a model aswell, she was/is Yares girlfriend . . . . . Was Avi a model ?

• Advertisement

My god these scenes with Turlough and Neasa are cringeworthy... please let the 64a to Carrigstown plough them both out of it..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement