Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

BO11OX !!
    Missed tonight's episode, I did not realise that it was on at 7. I was looking up to me t*ts all day and was looking forward to sitting down with a cuppa tea to watch FC. GGGrrrrrrr

Edit:
    The OH just told me that he set the Sky box to record the repeat at 3pm tomorrow. Aw, isn't he nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

i think turlough & neasa are cute .. they look at each other like loved up eejits :) we've all been there! :)
    Its the worst storyline in FC in a long time. Its so unbelievable when you consider how shallow and selfish Neasa was not so long ago. They should introduce storylines with a bit more credibility and not insult the viewers intelligence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

At the earlier time of 7 o'clock ?? :confused::confused:

I wish they would stop messing around with the time.. RTE, put it on at 8pm and keep it at 8pm..

yeah, this constant mucking around with the Wednesday episode is really annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,217 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Why hasnt Nessa told Louis or Carol that she and Bob knows about the affair :confused: Louis has been pretty good to her giving her job and a place to stay surely she would want to let him know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why hasnt Nessa told Louis or Carol that she and Bob knows about the affair :confused: Louis has been pretty good to her giving her job and a place to stay surely she would want to let him know

Maybe she feels guilty for confirming Bob's suspicions? But I agree with you, it's something she should definitely be considering.

This place has really heated up. It's good fun. I saw Vivienne Connolly in a play with a friend of mine a couple of months ago. It was a Greek tragedy, so it's a bit hard to judge what she'll be like in Fair City, but she was pretty good.

Has everyone voted in the Leo poll on the website? Only 60.53% of people think he is "more awesome than Barack Obama and Superman put together". That's a travesty. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I can't wait for the competition to start between Louie's ex and Carol.

deelite wrote: »

vivienne_connolly_th.gif

She looks a bit like the actress who plays Nessa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Edit:
    The OH just told me that he set the Sky box to record the repeat at 3pm tomorrow. Aw, isn't he nice.

Why don't you just set a 'series link' on your sky box. That way it'll always be recorded for you no matter what time it's on at. Even if the series times are staggered,....the way FC is at the mo.

Why don't you just set a 'series link' on your sky box. That way it'll always be recorded for you no matter what time it's on at. Even if the series times are staggered,....the way FC is at the mo.

Good thinking Batman ! I'll set it this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dubhillbilly

Don't know if this has been posted already but it's a behind the scenes of the show from the RTE website. I see myself in the background as an extra.:o

http://www.rte.ie/allaccess/set-spy/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Does anyone else find the show slightly lackluster at the moment?
    Before xmas they had some big storylines - Bob being homeless, Suzanne beating Damien, the fall out from Robert and Cleo's breakup and Robert's mother showing up.

At the moment we've got an affair that's been on the cards for a year (yawn!), a farmer's market (leftover storyline from Glenroe perhaps) and young businesswomen having dinner parties (Sex and the City meets Come Dine With Me)...
    They could've gotten great mileage out of Bob and Turlough living together, but throwing Neasa into the mix this early on kinda ruined that.

I know there can't be massive storylines every week, but I hope it picks up again soon, because at the moment its a bit of a chore to watch...

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭reera82

Shampoo meet Turlough, Turlough meet shampoo. Maybe Nessa should bring him up for a saucy bath and give his hair a good scrub instead of concentrating on the lemonade.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ah this is just getting ridiculous.. I have a friend paddy, who we call "The Lord Of The Rings" cos he's been engaged so many times.. and even he wouldnt have asked a girl to marry him after three weeks.. (he got one pregnant after two weeks but that's a different story ;) )..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

What are the FC writers playing at? Turlough going popping the question after a few weeks meeting, Come on, Get real!!

STIG83 wrote: »
    What are the FC writers playing at? Turlough going popping the question after a few weeks meeting, Come on, Get real!!

Wonder will he get down on one knee to pop the question :D

There is not much competition on looks anyways!!!!;)
    FC is dire at the moment. If the writers expect us to believe that Turlough would meet someone like Neasa, hook up with her, move in together and propose in the space of a month.....they must think we are stupid.

I never thought i would say this, but i want to see more of Paul and " Red Rapunzel ".
    The only decent storyline at the moment is Louie/Carol/Christie. And even that is getting boring because it is going on so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

max life wrote:
    There is not much competition on looks anyways!!!!;)
    FC is dire at the moment. If the writers expect us to believe that Turlough would meet someone like Neasa, hook up with her, move in together and propose in the space of a month.....they must think we are stupid.

'With someone like Neasa'. Why would it be so unbelievable?

Moving in within the month and the proposal, are the only stretches here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

They should rename the show 'The Dillons'.
    A modern version of The Riordans.

Abi wrote: »
    'With someone like Neasa'. Why would it be so unbelievable?

Moving in within the month and the proposal, are the only stretches here.

Nessa slept with Damian to pay off a debt, then fancied Louis and Finn, do you really think if keeping with her character she would go near Turlough it dont make any sense tbh

I agree the show is gone downhill lately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

the marriage proposal is a bit mad to be honest. i thought moving in together so quick was a bit crazy too. of course there are people out there that do those things... but it's a bit silly.

the christy/carol/louie thing is dragging on a bit long now. would like to see more characters coming in again..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

It's so great to have Leo back! I don't know why I love him, but I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I was thinking maybe Turlough is going to make the moves on the ex - Mrs. Louie (that could prove very entertaining). And I could see Bob pushing that "encounter"....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

I was thinking maybe Turlough is going to make the moves on the ex - Mrs. Louie (that could prove very entertaining). And I could see Bob pushing that "encounter"....

I doubt it. He's already punching way above his weight with Neasa, cant imagine him pulling an ex model!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 A Plague On Both Your Houses

Personally, I hope Neasa and Turlough drop off the face of the planet. Their storyline is so sad that I actually cringe when I watch them act. The swing scene was probably the cheesiest thing of all. Bob can stay though. I can tell he will be good but really be scheming something evil. Oh, bob!

Louie is the biggest douche of all. Is it just me or is Carol repeating her lines about Christie in each and every episode? "You don't have to see his face." "I'll tell him soon." "I do love you, Louie." "I don't want to hurt Christie."

Just get it the hell over with and move on. These storylines are bugging me. Where are all the good characters gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

I think Carol is still in love with Christy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Saw Ruth Gilligan on the Irish Independent yesterday, she played Laura Halpin, she looks well now

Is it just me or is Carol repeating her lines about Christie in each and every episode? "You don't have to see his face." "I'll tell him soon." "I do love you, Louie." "I don't want to hurt Christie."

Just get it the hell over with and move on. These storylines are bugging me. Where are all the good characters gone?
    Good point. Whenever Carol and Louie have a scene, it seems very repetitive. Its the same dialogue over and over again.This storyline is dragging on and on. It wouldnt be so bad if they were 2 good actors. Louie is not a bad actor, but Carol wrecks my head. I think herself and Esther are the 2 worst actresses on FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

In fairness, I think Carol acts much better when she's tougher - she was ok during the Billy Meehan days for example. I was never comfortable with her and Christy being an item - they are so not suited. The way she is supposed to be so compassionate now - compared to being a gangsters mol a few years ago, is once again, not believable imo.

Anyway, I haven't watched all week because I really can't stomach the turlough and neasa storyline...

I really hope Turlough and Nessa move away and take Caoimhe with them - god there are awful actresses and the romance storyline between Nessa and Turlough is so unbelieveable and bloody boring

Christy is pulling out all the stops to keep Carol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

Didn't know Dean moonlighted as a baker for Tesco! seen one of his "Home made" cakes there today, in lovely Tesco own brand box! :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement