Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

nellie07 wrote: »
    anyone know why keith shaved his head, its drastic

rotten isn't it...

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

i thought it was going to be some story line something the lads did while he was drunk or something! and men usually do drastic things when they mess up with women so it would have been a better idea if he did it after he played around with cliodhna!

but that niamh, mother of God her acting lately is so fake and over dramatic, its annoying, I think the show is losing its edge a bit anyone else feel it? Carol and ally are just brilliant but Im struggling to find others, I also thought renee and bob were good actors.

I always liked Niamh but lately she is constantly just ranting all of the time and thinking that she has the right to tell someone to leave, well I would give her a slap! All she does is complain ALL of the time and she is annoying me sooooooo much.

It was a very bad move to lose Renee and Bob, they were good. Deegan is so unrealistic and I think to be honest now it has gone quite flat.

Where oh where has Leo gone :(:(

and her 'hair' I always notice its worse when she acts like a spoilt child, flicking it to the side and what not agghh

and her 'hair' I always notice its worse when she acts like a spoilt child, flicking it to the side and what not agghh

I noticed that :D

It was good to see Sarah back and where has Duncan gone, I miss him and has Barry got lost again :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Tubbers wrote: »
    Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere did you get this, fantastic!

two minutes work with google and Photoshop. :p

I just want to defend Cliona here. She's probably the best looking woman who has ever graced Carrigstown's Fair promenades.

Regarding where Leo is, I heard that he had to take time off for the National Handball Championships.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Niamh's granddad is wrecking my head! Don't know what it is about him but I just find him really annoying!!!

two minutes work with google and Photoshop. :p

I just want to defend Cliona here. She's probably the best looking woman who has ever graced Carrigstown's Fair promenades.

Regarding where Leo is, I heard that he had to take time off for the National Handball Championships.

She is very pretty but I also think Heather is very pretty too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

angel01 wrote: »

Pretty annoying on both counts

Heather is pretty but like some said a bit annoying, a bit of a facial expression freak!

• Advertisement

anyone know why keith shaved his head, its drastic

He has what looks like a tiny birth mark or something on his head too that looks like motor oil! When I see it I just feel like wiping it away! Random I know.

What do others think of the Deegan/Sarah(think that's her name!) story? I think its kinda cute, hope they hook up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

joey54 wrote: »
    What do others think of the Deegan/Sarah(think that's her name!) story? I think its kinda cute, hope they hook up!

It looks like that, doesn't it? I like Deegan. There's something funny about how intense he is all the time.

angel01 wrote: »

"Pretty"? :eek: Guys dont use words like "pretty"..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

ah what are they doing to me Fair City tonight.. Started at 8pm, breakdown at 8:08pm, started again at 8:10pm (from the start). I wish that they would move to a digital system

I was so angry! I was not at home when fair city was on so it was recording with Sky! Rtes mistake F'd the recording up as it stopped recording at 8:30 so missed the end!:(

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

keith shaved his head because he doesn't really have a choice now does he! he couldn't grow it anymore if he wanted to. it disappeared so quick.

i think deegan/sarah is great, ahahah... even though they're going about the whole thing the wrong way and it could be so much more gripping and cute if they tried. it seems really dull atm, but the idea of deegan chasing her is amazo, ahaha. they need to make it more endearing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

Keith......."I sooo def would!:D Hair or no hair

padocon wrote: »
    I was so angry! I was not at home when fair city was on so it was recording with Sky! Rtes mistake F'd the recording up as it stopped recording at 8:30 so missed the end!:(

Very annoying, but I managed to record the repeat the next day. You can catch up at the website: www.rte.ie/faircity

Cliona dont leave

78968.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Mick's product placement laptop breaking gave me a lol. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

Meller wrote: »
    keith shaved his head because he doesn't really have a choice now does he! he couldn't grow it anymore if he wanted to. it disappeared so quick.
    :eek:

No way, he must be horrendous looking altogether! Can't really imagine him without that shock of hair.

And what else have I missed? Have totally cut down on the old googlebox in the run up to my exams and with the exception of prison break and H&A online, I don't get to see anything. At ALL *no thingy for crying sorry* I tell a lie though, on one of my many tea-breaks from my books today I caught an Albert Steptoe wannabe character in a hideous brown leather jacket and I'm guessing some sort of cheap nappyarse jeans secured with black belt and was completely mesmerised by a really nasty looking pinkeye infection in said characters eye. DO they not have a pharmacy in Carraigstown? Can he not afford to visit Brendan? Although I'm guessing no by the state of the clothes. What about a cold teabag? Jebus *shudder*. Who is this person?

Oh and Turlough alert, spotted the man himself *sigh* in the Tudors in passing Sunday night. Again a tea break ;). He even had a speaking part :) but alas no duffel coat.

Am I missing much in FC? Am weighing up the pros and cons of taking an extra 30 mins out from the books. So quick question, is FC any good these days?

• Advertisement

Eyespy wrote: »
    :eek:

No way, he must be horrendous looking altogether! Can't really imagine him without that shock of hair.

And what else have I missed? Have totally cut down on the old googlebox in the run up to my exams and with the exception of prison break and H&A online, I don't get to see anything. At ALL *no thingy for crying sorry* I tell a lie though, on one of my many tea-breaks from my books today I caught an Albert Steptoe wannabe character in a hideous brown leather jacket and I'm guessing some sort of cheap nappyarse jeans secured with black belt and was completely mesmerised by a really nasty looking pinkeye infection in said characters eye. DO they not have a pharmacy in Carraigstown? Can he not afford to visit Brendan? Although I'm guessing no by the state of the clothes. What about a cold teabag? Jebus *shudder*. Who is this person?

Oh and Turlough alert, spotted the man himself *sigh* in the Tudors in passing Sunday night. Again a tea break ;). He even had a speaking part :) but alas no duffel coat.

Am I missing much in FC? Am weighing up the pros and cons of taking an extra 30 mins out from the books. So quick question, is FC any good these days?

To be honest there isn't really a spectacular storyline happening at the moment so you aren't really missing much. You'll be able to pick up all that has happened after your exams!

No you're right, missing nothing, its been the worst set of storylines 'ever' on fairy city

Deegan's ex-wife turns up tonight, and ends up "sharing and comparing stories of living with Deegan." Could that turn into one of the strangest love triangles ever? Mick is also getting tough with Carol, who is collaborating on a book with Heather, so there is a chance of some good YEH SCUMBAAAAAG action. And a chance of Heather getting a slap, which for some reason would really appeal to me.

The new character you didn't like is Cass, Niamh's grandfather. I think a lot of the programme at the moment depends on whether you like him or not. If you don't, you might be better off hitting the books for a while.

Good luck with the exams anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

gogglebok wrote: »
    Deegan's ex-wife turns up tonight, and ends up "sharing and comparing stories of living with Deegan." Could that turn into one of the strangest love triangles ever? Mick is also getting tough with Carol, who is collaborating on a book with Heather, so there is a chance of some good YEH SCUMBAAAAAG action. And a chance of Heather getting a slap, which for some reason would really appeal to me.

The new character you didn't like is Cass, Niamh's grandfather. I think a lot of the programme at the moment depends on whether you like him or not. If you don't, you might be better off hitting the books for a while.

Good luck with the exams anyway.

Cheers everyone for the heads up on FC and luck for the exams. On another tea break :D.

A love triangle with Deegan and his ex? Who's the other, Ray? Now that is gas. I might just tune in for this alone. I like Deegan, he's a great secondary character.

Mick is back? As in Ali's uncle? I thought he hightailed it out of Ireland when mad Terence was after Leo. That's great. Again may start watching because of him.

And Cass, to be honest I haven't heard the character speak. The telly was on mute the other night to stop me getting distracted so I just copped him passing through. Sounds like a bit of a character alright.

The biggest bit of news for me is the Carol/Heather book thing. I just can't imagine these two sitting down civilly over tea and discussing storylines.

Arrgh, wracked with indecision :D I think I will just have to watch it tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

It is a little quiet storyline wise. No Leo either! Not sure what to make of cass yet

A love triangle with Deegan and his ex? Who's the other, Ray? Now that is gas. I might just tune in for this alone. I like Deegan, he's a great secondary character.

I like Deegan too. He seems to be in about three different stories at the moment, judging from the website.

But I was making up the love-triangle story - the quote from the website doesn't actually say she gets off with Ray. I think it would be funny, but who knows. It's about time Ray got over Gina. Five months is like ten years in soap time.

If I was you I'd watch it, and sue them fror mental distress if your exams go badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

So who is involved in the big love triangle happening soon?

I think Dean is involved

I thought it was Dean/Tracey/Dominic but now Dominic is gone.

I was hoping Dean would get with Cleo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

are sarah and deegan going to get together i wonder?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

what did mick just put in carol's coffee???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

sam34 wrote: »
    are sarah and deegan going to get together i wonder?

I hope so! It would be hilarious

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement