Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

carol is definitely better when she's all tough. she has some brilliant one-liners!
    thought tonight's episode was fierce mushy! had to turn away a few times lol

thought tommy was gonna give turlough a dig when he came in and saw him in his house!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Bryan Murray plays his character so brilliantly. Everytime he is on the screen, i feel like giving the tv a box. He is so smarmy.

Neasa might be stunning to look at, but she is a terrible actress. The same goes for Caoimhe. The rest of the family are not so bad. Neasa and Caoimhe are very unconvincing in their roles.

What has happened to Seamus??? Did he leave Carrigstown again???

I dont like being so negative about FC ( because it is the one show i never miss ) but it is as bad as i have ever seen it. There are no storylines now to make viewers interested. Maybe, that is because it had such strong storylines in the last six months???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I am back!

Not sure if this was posted in the thread but if not...

00042f59-545.jpg

Meet the Actors: Sandra Curran.

A year and a half ago, Una left her fiancé Keith and uprooted her life in Dublin to work as a charity administrator in Sierra Leone. When she came back for Christmas, life in Carrigstown had changed, but will Keith always have a place in his heart for Una?

We put some of your questions to Sandra Curran.

Has Fair City changed much since you left?
    Well there are a lot of great new characters. I'm a huge fan of Eamon Morrissey so it was great to see him appear on screen. Cass is a great addition to the cast. On my first day back I felt like the new girl all over again. The big shock for me was Suzanne and Damien, when I left they were a happy couple. That was such a difficult story line and they all did a great job. It was strange watching the show as a viewer; I'd no idea what was going to happen. I've made a lot of good friends from the show who I see regularly, but we don't talk stories.

Are you happy with the Una return storyline?
    Yeah I guess so, I was back to do a job really. Things were getting very serious with Keith and Sarah, and Una was back to rock the boat.

Do you feel that Una's personality has changed since she returned?

Definitely, I suppose she's been away for eighteen months doing volunteer work in Sierra Leone. I think anyone would change experiencing that. It was such a drastic move for her and she's seen so much and learned so much. She really grew up over there and has realised what's important in life. Things that bothered Una before, like what people thought of her, how she looked, etc, don't matter anymore.

Will we find out any secrets that happened with Una while she was away?

No, not this time but hopefully Una will return and we could really explore that. I think she definitely has some secrets. I think she kept her cards close to her chest, even when Ray asked her about other men she was very cagey and didn't give much away.

Do you think Keith is Una's soul mate, and has she forgiven him for how mean he was to her when she left?

I'm not sure if he's her soul mate or not, but she does love him very much. Yes she's forgiven him, she feels now that life is too short. They were having a baby together and I think if you loose a baby, you'll always have a special bond with that person. When Una left, Keith slept with her sister Cliona, obviously Una doesn't know about this. I reckon it would have been a completely different story if she did.

You are looking wonderful since you returned, are you happy with the clothes Una has to wear in the show?

Thanks a million. Oh yeah I love Una's new look, it's a lot more me than the old Una. Helen from wardrobe did a fantastic job. Saying that I did like the old Una too, Stacey did a fantastic job there also, but that Una was different, she was so into her appearance and she was working in a very glamorous industry where it's expected that you glam up everyday. The makeup department who are also wonderful gave Una a much more natural look. It was great to be able to leave work without having to wash my makeup off. I certainly didn't miss the blue eye-shadow or the shocking pink lip-gloss!

What storyline would you give Una if you had the chance?

Hmmm that's a difficult one. I'd like to see the dark side to Una, maybe she could return from Africa with a big dark secret. I think the story team have a difficult job; I'll stick to the acting.

What has been your favourite story line in Fair City?

I'm not sure if you mean my storyline or in general. My storyline, I enjoyed the story when Una was pregnant & lost the baby, it was quite challenging for me. I think as an actor the more challenging the storyline the more you gain from it personally. Over the years I have to say I loved the Billy Meehan storyline, I was glued to the screen.

Is Una back fulltime or is this a fleeting visit?

Unfortunately she's on a fleeting visit. But hopefully she'll be back soon!

Una could set up a mobile hairdressing business at the community centre, would you be interested?

Yeah I'd be interested, that's a great idea. The mobile hairdressing business is thriving at the moment. Dolores is also a hairdresser, maybe they could go into business together. Then again can you imagine Wayne sticking his nose in, I think he is hilarious I love his character.

What character that Una currently doesn't interact much with, would you love to spend more time with?

That's a difficult question as there are so many. I've been really lucky as I've had story lines with some of Ireland's best actors. I feel the more characters you interact with the better for your character. I'm loving Damien and Wayne, they're comical together. I wouldn't mind a night on the town with them. I haven't had much interaction with Tracey or Carol either, I love their characters. I loved to interact with the older characters that have been there from the beginning, I think they are the heart and soul of Carrigstown.

Una and Deegan could be the new power couple of Fair City, what do you think?

Why not! I'd love to work with Tommy O'Neill he's such a lovely guy and so funny. I love the character Deegan, and Tommy's a wonderful actor. We've never had a scene together but I worked with him for the Fair City charity Christmas carol and I never laughed as much.

I see Una and Keith as a young yet glam "Jack and Vera" who could have longevity if the writers allow it. Would you be interested in pursuing that line or would you prefer to work with varied actors?

I'd love that. I think they're wonderful. I met them at the TV Now Awards and they were so nice. They're fantastic characters and had amazing chemistry. I think Una and Keith are very believable, everyone knows a couple like them. It would be great to be regular characters like they were and have regular work for thirty years.

Would you like to see Una and Keith settle down together as a couple, or do you think there is another character out there for Una?

Yes and no, I think they work great together but so much would have to change for them to work on a long term basis. I'd think there is always another character around the corner. For me it's all about chemistry on screen. Keith & Una had great chemistry from the beginning. A lot of the public say to me they'd love to see Una settle down with Ray. They have such a lovely friendship together. There are lots of handsome single men in Carrigstown at the moment!

It's wonderful to have you back by the way, how is motherhood treating you?

Thanks very much it was great to be back! Motherhood is amazing! I love being a Mum; it's the best thing that's ever happened to me. It's hard work but SO rewarding. Its really scary how much you can love one little person. It was so funny when I came back on screen my little baba was kissing the TV saying 'Mama'! Now every time he hears the music he gets really excited, he's SO adorable!!!

As an actress, what would your dream role be?

Oh, there are so many. I would love to do a serious Drama; I'd love Erin Brockovich to Cleopatra. A role that is challenging & powerful enough to win me my Oscar! You've gotta live the dream eh!! :-)

Thanks a million for taking the time to send in all your questions.
    Best wishes,
    Sandra.

THE Irish Kidney Association has reassured people distressed by a storyline in RTE soap Fair City that organ donations in this country are strictly anonymous.

Fair City character Lucy Mallon, played by Lorna Quinn, is at the centre of a scam relating to a cornea transplant along with longtime character Dolores Molloy, played by Martina Stanley.

Lucy's life was transformed in her 20s when she lost her sight but then regained it after receiving a cornea transplant. According to the storyline, fate appears to have brought her into contact with the mother of the young child whose corneas were donated.

Colin White, of the Irish Kidney Transplant Association, said that it is very unlikely that a person in this country who receives a transplant could track down their donor.

"When someone has a successful transplant they might be told that the donor was a 35-year-old man, but they will not be given any information that identifies the donor," said Colin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

There is definitely a problem with the Dillons, but I don't think it's the acting. I think there is something creepy about the whole family.

I may be alone in this, but I find Tommy's interest in his children's sex lives excessive and disturbing. Your 24-year-old daughter is sleeping with someone? Good. Get over it, and spend the occasional minute of your day thinking about something else.

And it's not just Neasa. He nearly had a fit when his twelve-year-old son kissed a girl. Everything about that story was completely innocent, except the father's reaction. What kind of signal was he giving?

It's not as if he's puritanical about sex. Himself and the wife seem to be constantly on the verge of mounting each other in the living room. Fine and romantic if they're alone. Sleazy when they're surrounded by their children.

I hope the writers know what they're doing, and we're building up to one of the biggest storylines in soap history. If not, someone needs to send in the social workers.

I like Caoimhe, incidentally. She's good with Dean, and she's giving him a bit of drive that makes him more interesting as a character. I think they'll bring out the best in each other. (I can see why he's attracted to her, too, which doesn't hurt.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

There is definitely a problem with the Dillons, but I don't think it's the acting. I think there is something creepy about the whole family.

I may be alone in this, but I find Tommy's interest in his children's sex lives excessive and disturbing. Your 24-year-old daughter is sleeping with someone? Good. Get over it, and spend the occasional minute of your day thinking about something else.

And it's not just Neasa. He nearly had a fit when his twelve-year-old son kissed a girl. Everything about that story was completely innocent, except the father's reaction. What kind of signal was he giving?

It's not as if he's puritanical about sex. Himself and the wife seem to be constantly on the verge of mounting each other in the living room. Fine and romantic if they're alone. Sleazy when they're surrounded by their children.

I hope the writers know what they're doing, and we're building up to one of the biggest storylines in soap history. If not, someone needs to send in the social workers.

I like Caoimhe, incidentally. She's good with Dean, and she's giving him a bit of drive that makes him more interesting as a character. I think they'll bring out the best in each other. (I can see why he's attracted to her, too, which doesn't hurt.)

I'm talking about the character Tommy (not the actual actor) but I've always thought there was a darker side to him. During the Bob/Nessa storyline - Judith and Nessa were "in fear of his reaction" to the whole thing. I still believe he's left dead bodies in Kilkenny and I still believe he's going to break poor Judith's heart.

I have to disagree. I think he is just looking out for his kids. He is probably just over-protective. Most of my friends are over-protective of their kids, especially their daughters.
    I also like Caoimhe. I think her and Dearbhla are the most interesting of the Dillons. I hope Caoimhe and Dean become serious. I wonder how he will cope when Tracy comes back.

deelite wrote: »
    I'm talking about the character Tommy (not the actual actor) but I've always thought there was a darker side to him. During the Bob/Nessa storyline - Judith and Nessa were "in fear of his reaction" to the whole thing. I still believe he's left dead bodies in Kilkenny and I still believe he's going to break poor Judith's heart.

Very interesting. I had forgotten that you made that point. I'm inclined to agree with you about the bodies now - or worse.

Speaking of the fear, isn't there something almost spooky about the way that Judith is always smiling at him? As if she has to keep him on-side in case he erupts.

I think all the actors in the Dillon family are very good. Caoimhe is my particular favourite at the moment, but I agree with whoever said that the youngest girl should get a storyline.

Good point. Maybe he has a history of violence??? Although i think judith is a strong character, and i dont believe she would stay with Tommy if he was violent

max life wrote: »
    I also like Caoimhe. I think her and Dearbhla are the most interesting of the Dillons. I hope Caoimhe and Dean become serious. I wonder how he will cope when Tracy comes back.

Interesting. I think it will be very hard on Tracey to find him with someone so much younger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Here's hoping this week a new big storyline will begin. I think it'd be great if there was something about Tommy having killed someone and the whole family knowing about it.
    I think Caoimhe and Dean are a good match and she definitely needed the storyline, but Dearbhla definitely needs a storyline asap.

Looks like the big storyline we were hoping for is near, because from reading in between the lines of this weeks preview it looks like
    someone kills Turlough!
    Interesting...

Looks like the big storyline we were hoping for is near, because from reading in between the lines of this weeks preview it looks like
    someone kills Turlough!
    Interesting...
    There is a GOD !!!! Finally a bit of sense from the writers...:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

someone kills Turlough!
    Interesting...

Can a fre more go as well

• Registered Users Posts: 86,217 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

someone kills Turlough!
    Interesting...

He falls through a mirror but dont die or is there more :confused:

This weeks Preview

Tuesday 8th February

Carol puts the kybosh on Christy's idea for them to visit Hughie.

Paul doesn't take the news of the garage's new share-holder too well.

Turlough goes looking for Tommy's blessing, and is shown the door.

Decco provides a date night for Caoimhe and Dean.

Christy gets personal in McCoys.

Dean rejects Leo's business advice.

And a jealous Louie issues another ultimatum to Carol.

Wednesday 9th February

Carol and Louie are in each other's bad books!

Three's company for Neasa.

Bob gets Tommy up-to-date on Neasa and Turlough's relationship.

Dean gets his first order, and irks Louie by using the Hungry Pig as his bakery.

Tommy pays a visit to Turlough.

Christy gets some bad news about Hughie, and uses emotional blackmail to cling on to Carol.

Dean gets cocky, but Finn puts him in his place.

Thursday 10th February

Dean breaks the news of his disastrous bet to Leo.

Louie is shocked to learn of Christy and Carol's impromptu getaway.

Turlough plans to ask Bob to leave, but with a bit of a sweetener.

Leo vents his fury with Dean. And Keith breaks the news to Paul.

Bob gets vicious with Turlough, blowing his opportunity of a windfall.

Turlough proposes!

A broken mirror breaks Neasa's heart!

Sunday 13th February

Sarah tries to sniff out a story, while Bob clarifies his story for Deegan.

The Dillon's rally around Neasa.

Leo refuses to help Dean in any way with his cake-making.

Decco flashes the cash for Caoimhe for Valentines.

Christy decides to go it alone to Bermuda.

Caoimhe reminds Leo of what's important, and is later swept off her feet by Dean.

Bob and Neasa grieve in their own way.

And Carol makes the most of being home alone

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He falls through a mirror but dont die or is there more :confused:

They're not gonna give away too much in the previews, but why would they all be grieving on Sunday if he doesn't die?

They're not gonna give away too much in the previews, but why would they all be grieving on Sunday if he doesn't die?

Good point ;)

If he does I'm glad I have found him pointless since his return but will this mean the return of Una and her sister so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Bob will kill him and bury him under the patio;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMUoB2oPWa0

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

The farmers market last night looked so awful, seemed to only have one stall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭phormium

Selling at a market is not that simple! You cant just get your wife to bake up a few loaves in her non HSE registered kitchen, your daughter making some lemonade in someone elses kitchen and your son making chocolates. Where did Dean bake his, in The Hungry Pig kitchen? I know its only a programme but I have done the market thing and its a hell of a lot more difficult than that, only your one with the bad hair, cant think of her name, Charlies new gf, has any clue about regulations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

STIG83 wrote: »
    The farmers market last night looked so awful, seemed to only have one stall

I expected to see Caoimhe with a stall for Colgate..

The poor turnout was similar to the 21st birthday party.. Seems that the Dillons just arent that popular..

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Eyespy

someone kills Turlough!
    Interesting...

:eek: Oh noes, I don't believe it!

Tonight
    Christy receives a phone call from Hughie, who's in Barbados, saying he broke his leg. He asks Carol if he went over to see Hughie would she come with him, but she says no. Bob tells Turlough that he has doubts if Tommy will ever agree to let Neasa marry him. Turlough leaves the house and Bob snoops around finding a receipt which states that the ring is worth €10,000. Turlough calls to the Dillons' home and tells Judith that Neasa needs Tommy's approval. She realises that Turlough wants to marry Neasa. She is shocked as they have only been going out a few weeks. Tommy tells Turlough to get out.

Leo tells an unhappy and thrown Paul that his shares of the garage now belong to Dean. An undeterred Decco meets Caoimhe and asks her on a date to the cinema. She refuses and he gives them to her. She asks Dean if he wants to go with her. Louie demands to know what is going on with Carol. She fails to reveal she slept with Christy. Neasa calls for a family lunch but another fight erupts with her telling Tommy that he is dead to her. Tommy realises he has pushed things too far.

Christy purposely lets slip to a devastated Louie that he was intimate with Carol over the weekend. He refuses to listen to Carol's excuses. He tells her to end it today or it’s over between them. Paul learns that Dean will be using the shares as collateral for a loan for his new business. He accuses Dean and Leo of putting what he has worked for at risk. Dean tells Leo to keep out of his business as he can handle it himself.

Neasa buys an elaborate Indian mirror claiming that any negative energy will be reflected back positively. Bob listens in to a conversation and learns how desperately Neasa wants Turlough and Tommy to get along. Christy secretly books two flights for himself and Carol to go to Barbados. Caoimhe plays hard to get and makes Dean go to the movies with her. Louie calls to Phelans and demands to tell Christy about the affair. Carol refuses to let him.

Tomorrow
    Carol is stung by Louie's attitude saying he can't go on the trip. Dean and Leo make up and Dean begs him to trust him with the shares as he knows what he is doing. He then receives a call from a client asking him to make a selection of cakes by the evening. Knowing that he is working until four but being pressured by his dad to do it, he takes the order. In the community centre, Neasa complains to Turlough about Bob. He urges her to give Bob a chance but agrees he needs to move out.

Caoimhe arrives into the Hungry Pig with all the cake ingredients and tells a panicked Dean to make the cakes at work. Louie and Carol reconcile but Louie insists his ultimatum still holds. She agrees to tell Christy tonight. Bob is amazed with Turlough's progression and how he is walking much better with a crutch. He persuades Turlough to go to his next seminar. He reluctantly agrees but tells him he won’t get involved in his business and doesn’t want to be mentioned.

At the Hungry Pig, a mean-spirited Paul suggests to Dean that he hopes the bank refuse his loan. Louie then arrives into the diner. He is furious to discover cakes in the fridge and demands that Dean take them out. Dean is humiliated in front of Finn and tells Louie that if the cakes go, he goes. Louie backs down. In the community centre, Bob brokers an uneasy truce between Tommy and Turlough with the hope that Turlough will stay longer. He secretly tells Tommy that if it doesn't happen they will elope and he has to become friends with him to prevent this.

In McCoys pub, Dean's egotism irritates Finn when he gloats about his new business and new girlfriend. Caoimhe gets annoyed when Decco keeps harassing her for a date. Carol is unable to end it with Christy when she learns that his brother has MRSA. Christy breaks down and begs her to go with him. Dean and Finn play pool in the hall, which is watched by Ray, Keith and Caoimhe. Dean has had a few pints on him and he begins to boast even more. He asks Finn for one more game and when Finn refuses, Dean keeps pushing him. Finn throws his bank card on the table as a wager saying there is €25,000 on it and Dean throws in his shares for the garage.

Bob receives Turlough's gratitude when Tommy calls to the house and apologises to them. Christy emotionally blackmails Carol into going to Bermuda with him. He begs her to go with him and she reluctantly agrees. Dean gets cocky and misses his last shot. Finn takes the lead, pots the black and Dean loses his shares to the garage. He is ashen as he comprehends the enormity of what he has done.

Thursday
    A shaken Dean confesses to Leo that he has lost the shares. Turlough thanks Bob for helping smooth the way with Tommy and admits that he got Bob wrong. He secretly writes him a cheque for €200,000 and hides it in an envelope, behind the elaborate Indian mirror. He tells Bob he is going to propose today. In Phelans, Louie is thrown when Christy brags about bringing Carol to Bermuda. Carol is furious at Christy for doing so.

Turlough and Neasa talk about Bob and he agrees that he is going to ask Bob to leave tonight. Despite Leo's frantic pleas Dean refuses to cancel the bet. Finn comes into the diner and confesses that he was shocked by Dean's attitude. He questions what would Dean do if he had won the money. Dean replies he would spend it. Finn leaves in disgust. Turlough calls to the Dillons' and Tommy reacts angrily when he learns that Turlough is going ahead with the proposal. He tells him to take his mid-life crisis elsewhere.

A gloating Neasa tells Bob that Turlough is going to ask him to move out. Bob is shocked and begins a plan to retaliate. He pockets the engagement ring. Caoimhe attempts to broker peace between Dean and Finn. Dean tells Finn he is cool with him but refuses to shake his hand. Finn tells Dean that he will break the news to Paul.

Tommy calls to Turlough's and asks him not to ever break Neasa's heart and gives him his blessing. He agrees not to marry her for another two years. When Tommy leaves Bob viciously tells Turlough that he pawned the engagement ring and he is keeping the money as a severance pay. Neasa arrives in and tells Bob to leave. Turlough reveals that Bob has lost €200,000 for his bitterness. An ecstatic Neasa agrees to marry Turlough. In McCoys pub, Keith hands Finn a list of televised match dates and asks him to be let off early to work them. Keith breaks it to Paul that Finn owns the shares. Paul is gobsmacked and attacks Dean over it.

Louie tells Carol he wants her for life but he is willing to let her go for a couple of weeks. Carol decides to break it off with him in Bermuda instead. Dean saves Caoimhe from Decco's attention but decides he wants to do business with Vinos rather than spend time with a disappointed Caoimhe. Neasa lets slip to Bob that Turlough was going to give him his money back but he blew it. She tells him to collect his stuff from the house and leave. Bob follows her and he insults her. She slaps and hits him. They both rush towards the house to talk to Turlough.

Turlough retrieves the engagement ring from the pawn shop. On his own he goes back to the house and resolutely decides to tear up the cheque he wrote for Bob. He stands without crutches and gets the envelope. He slips and catches a runner, pulling the elaborate mirror down on top of him. He lifts himself up but unknowingly cuts himself on a bigger shard of glass. Neasa and Bob arrive and find Turlough in a pool of blood.

Sunday
    Bob speaks to Deegan about Turlough's death. He tells him that he was a better man than he thought. He makes sure that Deegan knows he paid him back. As Carol packs, Christy challenges Carol's lack of enthusiasm. In the Dillons' house, Judith and Tommy ask to accompany Neasa to the funeral home. She insists on wearing her engagement ring. Judith tells an unresponsive Neasa that it's okay to cry. Caoimhe receives a necklace on her doorstep. She's over the moon.

In the Dowlings' house, things become worse for father and son with Leo refusing to let Dean use the kitchen for his business. Leo tells him he is not capable of keeping his promise. He calls him a waster. Finn's enthusiasm about the garage unnerves Paul and Keith. In the HP, Decco approaches Caoimhe who is wearing her new necklace. She is mortified to discover that the necklace is from Decco and not Dean. She forgives him and offers the Dillons' kitchen for the day for him to bake valentine cakes. Paul vents his anger against Leo for letting him give the shares to Dean. Leo is stung into defending Dean saying that it wasn’t so long ago that Paul was a joke.

Carol calls in to McCoys and realises how painful Louie finds their parting. She reminds him that she is going to break it off with Christy and she loves him. But when she returns to Phelans, Christy tells a shocked Carol that he is going on is own. He tells her he needs to look after Hughie 24/7 and explains that he also believes that they need their time apart. He tells her he'll post the wedding invites at the airport. When she doesn't stop him, he believes that the wedding is still going ahead. Neasa insists to her parents that she wants to stay on in Turlough's house. Tommy agrees to go with her and comforts her when she cries uncontrollably.

Bob and Sarah talk about Turlough. He tells Sarah that Neasa needs all the support she can get. Louie is irked when he sees people offering their condolences to Bob. He is shocked to see Carol arrive back into the pub. In Vinos, Caoimhe approaches Leo about Dean. She asks him to give Dean another chance and not to lose him over money. Leo says he feels like he has been mugged. Dean approaches him and says from now on, he will try to repay his debt by doing free shifts at the cab office.

In McCoys, Carol asks Bob where he is going to stay. She tells him that Turlough's house is paid for up until April and he is more than welcome to stay there. Dean calls Caoimhe and asks her to meet him. He brings her on a romantic picnic date for Valentine's and sweeps her off her feet. He asks her to be his girlfriend. In McCoys pub, Bob, Finn and Keith sit together. Bob enjoys his new fortune by buying drinks for Keith and Finn all night. In the backroom, Carol and Louie give in to their passion.

Tuesday
    Carol spends the night with Louie but worries that people will know as she didn't open the shop in time. But Louie persuades her to switch her phone off and they go back to bed. Caoimhe goes to Neasa's house to check on her and the family rally around to support her. At the Dillon house, Philip calls for Dearbhla and Judith warns her not to lead him on. At the garage, Keith feels like he is being picked on by Paul because Finn now owns shares to the garage.

Bob tries to apologise to Neasa about his behaviour, she tells him to leave the house. Tommy and Judith arrive and she tells them she doesn't want Bob around her. She cries to her parents saying how much she misses Turlough. They note that she is not eating or sleeping. A lady called Ingrid calls to Vinos and sparks Yvonne's interest when she looks for Louie. Keith asks Finn to help him with Paul's negative attitude, but Finn refuses to get involved. Dermot and Jo realise that Philip is down after Dearbhla gave him the brush off and determine to do something about it.

Tommy and Judith worry about Neasa and how they are going to look after her. They decide they need to get her home. Carol and Louie are all loved up. But Ingrid bursts their bubble when she arrives in McCoys and asks Louie for a warm welcome for his wife. She disarms him when she announces she wants a divorce. She asks him to meet her later and they'll discuss the settlement. Tommy and Judith argue with Bob and they tell him Neasa is not comfortable around him.

Dermot approaches Dearbhla and assures her that Philip only wants to be friends with her. She tells him that she is relieved. Carol's note of caution about Ingrid's return fails to dampen Louie's enthusiasm. He talks about how excited he is to see his children Joey and Clara. Back at Bob and Neasa's house, Bob tries to persuade Neasa that their loss gives them something in common. He tells her that Turlough would like him to look after her. Tommy notes that they are getting on. Yvonne tells Carol that Louie will never get over Ingrid.

Dearbhla calls to Neasa but is helpless when it comes to comforting a grieving Neasa. She tells Caoimhe that she pushed him too hard to walk and she is the reason he is dead. Paul tells Keith that the garage is his children's future and that he does not appreciate Finn's involvement. Keith suggests that Finn might invest in the business as he has extra money. But later, when Keith sets up a meeting, Finn refuses to get involved leaving Paul furious.

Dearbhla calls to Philip's and to impress her, he boasts that he’s going to get a tattoo and he is going to use one of his drawings as a design. Carol agrees to stay the night with Louie. Neasa alarms Bob by revealing that she intends to stay in the house. At Vinos, Ingrid lays down her terms for divorce to a pressured Louie. She says that she will give him three weeks' access a year but she wants a settlement of €250,000 and she wants it in ten days.

Wednesday
    Louie tells Carol that Ingrid's request is fair and he wants to have access to the kids. Carol offers to put her apartment up for sale to help him, but he refuses her suggestion. Judith's enthusiasm for Dearbhla and Philip's friendship wanes when she learns that Philip is getting a tattoo and Dearbhla may as well. When Dearbhla leaves for school, Caoimhe reminds her parents that Neasa's grief is affecting Dearbhla. Keith warns Paul that if Finn gets involved in the garage it will have strings attached. Bob goes to the garage to buy a car and Paul insults him by implying he couldn't afford it.

In the park, Ingrid speaks to her partner Russell and assures him she knows how to handle Louie. Russell states that he won't relax until he has the money and they are on the plane home. In McCoys, Yvonne calls to lend her support to Louie and Carol feels left out. He tells Yvonne that he is finding it hard to raise money fast. He tells her that he wants a second chance with his children. At the garage, Finn and Paul negotiate their business partnership and Finn secures a better deal for Keith but at Ray’s expense. Paul gives Keith the title of head mechanic. Ray tells Keith that he feels outnumbered.

In McCoys, Carol snipes that between Ingrid and Yvonne, she'll have to make an appointment to see him. He reassures her that he doesn't want business to get in the way of their relationship. Judith informs Jo and Dermot that Philip is going to get a tattoo. Dermot feels the pressure when Jo tells him to talk Philip out of it. Louie is shocked and delighted to be reunited with his kids Joey and Clara. He is hurt when his kids are reluctant to greet him. He tells Ingrid that it will take him six months to raise the money. She uses the kids to blackmail Louie and gives him a deadline of ten days to get the money or else the deal is off.

Bob's frustration grows when he fails to encourage Neasa to move. She tells him that he is helping her and she doesn't want to move. At the community centre, Keith abuses his new position by asking Ray to get him and Orla coffee. He walks out refusing to be bullied. Philip admits to Dermot that he is getting a tattoo to impress Dearbhla. He promises not to rush into it. Louie is delighted when Ingrid gives him time with his children. At the garage, Keith and Ray clash over his new position and Keith discovers the downside of his new responsibilities when he has to open the garage early.

Bob calls to the Dillons' home and tells Tommy and Judith that it is unsafe to leave Neasa alone. Dearbhla unwittingly pushes Philip into getting his tattoo done. Louie has to cancel his romantic night with Carol so he can spend time with his kids. A concerned Tommy and Judith call to Neasa. They are shocked to see her unkept and exhausted. She refuses to go home but allows Judith to stay with her for the night. Carol arrives in for her date with Louie and is hurt when Louie shuns her in front of Ingrid and his kids.

Thursday
    soaps_fair_city_paul.jpg
    © RTÉ

Louie is delighted that the children stayed the night before. Carol arrives as they are leaving and she is awkward around them. When they leave, she berates him for turning off his phone. Neasa asks Bob to come to the grave with her and he is forced to become her emotional crutch. Worried, he calls her dad. He is relieved when Tommy steps in and lends Neasa support. Ray is unsympathetic to the demands of Keith's new role.

Jo meets Dearbhla in Vinos and tells her that she thinks Philip is getting the tattoo done to impress her. A mortified Dearbhla tells her she has to go. Carol tells Louie that she is worried he is being manipulated by Ingrid and the kids. He refuses to answer the question. At the garage, Keith and Ray fight and Keith accuses him of trying to sabotage his position. Tommy and Neasa go to Turlough's grave and he comforts her as she weeps. At Dermot's, Dearbhla fails to persuade Philip not to get a tattoo.

Paul and Keith clash over the new balance of power. Ingrid tries to push Louie for him to have the money in ten days and he asks her what the rush is. She reluctantly tells him that she has an insurance issue, where someone sued her and she needs the money to pay it off. Louie comforts her and Carol walks in. Bob tells Neasa that it would be a good idea for her to give Turlough's stuff to the Helping Hand.

At the park, Ingrid and Russell talk and she tells him that Louie bought her story. Russell tells her that if they don’t get the money they are looking at jail time in three weeks. In McCoys, Carol tells Louie that she does not believe Ingrid's story and that something is up. He calls to Vinos and alarms Yvonne when he tells her he plans to sell the business. Philip enlists Dermot to colour in a tattoo after he failed to get a real one. He pretends to Jo and Dearbhla that he got the real deal and they are appalled by it as it looks smudged and amateurish.

someone kills Turlough!
    Interesting...

Does this mean then that Una and her sister will be returning?

Does this mean then that Una and her sister will be returning?

Una does return from reading her interview... :)

Can't comment on any recent episodes.. I have mountains of episodes to go yet... :eek:

Maybe Nessa will hook up now with Bob :p

Can you imagine Tommy's reaction considering he thought Turlough was "ancient"...:D

Don't be giving the writers any ideas !:D
    Judging on the recent storylines, they might just go with that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"Hugie has always been a hypochondriac" :confused::confused::confused:
    He fell off his scooter and broke his leg ffs..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement