Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

ffs.. what was that turnaround for Tommy.. 4 minutes??
    Ridiculous..

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭SilverSparkle

Can someone please fill me in on what happened Turlough... I flicked over to Emmerdale for a few minutes and suddenly Turlough is dead!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Only got home...caught the last five mins..could someone fill me in on how turlough was lying down covered in blood...I thought bob was gonna kill him last week, but he looked pretty convincing there tonight?? Ta

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

How the hell did a huge piece of glass get into the back of his neck?

The mirror fell on him and shattered, no shards of glass would probably have even touched his face.

The only way pieces could get at his face or neck would be little bits of it glass (mirror, whatever) that had bounced up again. But a huge stab in the back of the neck? Impossible!!!!

Fittle wrote: »
    Only got home...caught the last five mins..could someone fill me in on how turlough was lying down covered in blood...I thought bob was gonna kill him last week, but he looked pretty convincing there tonight?? Ta

Bob killed him and is going to blame it on Neasa so he can get Turlough's money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corcaighabu92

Bob killed him and is going to blame it on Neasa so he can get Turlough's money.
    How can you say Bob killed him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

'But this tragedy will really ground her, it is going to change her. Turlough saw beneath the surface, he encouraged her to be ambitious, to do the things she loves ....'

sorry angel, but that's just not true.

What did he encourage her to do exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

it was a bit **** tbh... like i thought he had died when his eyes went funny when he was slumped on the couch..... then neasa comes in and he's alive still.. then bob discovers the shard in his neck and all of a sudden he's dead?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

Ah lads, I thought that was great! Turlough was reaching up to get the envelope from behind the mirror, but he fell and brought the mirror down on top of him. And then he tried to sit up but got impaled through the back of his neck on a piece of glass that had fallen on to the arm of the sofa. That was definitely one of their better stunts!

How can I say Bob killed him? What do you mean how can I say Bob killed him? :confused:

We don't really know for sure that he's dead. I mean, if we were watching something real he's clearly dead, drowning in blood if nothing else. But on a soap opera....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

How can I say Bob killed him? What do you mean how can I say Bob killed him? :confused:

We don't really know for sure that he's dead. I mean, if we were watching something real he's clearly dead, drowning in blood if nothing else. But on a soap opera....

Eeeeeh.... Bob didn't kill him. It was an accident. But Neasa and Bob will probably blame each other until they fall in love and live happily ever after:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 A Plague On Both Your Houses

LOLOL.

Best.episode.ever.

Meet someone. Fall in love. Move in. Get engaged. Say I do. THEN BAM. You're a widow. All in the span of 2 weeks.

:D Comedy at its best.

Then classic Dean the douche. "Hi dad. Lost all your shares playing pool. LOLOL."

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Fittle wrote: »
    '

What did he encourage her to do exactly?

He encouraged her to hang up the short skirts and wear hideous long ones. The men in my house are not very happy. She will hardly get the legs back out now if she is going to be in mourning. I'm glad he is gone, creepy character IMHO. Will Bob get to cash the cheque ?? Bob is just brilliant, delivers every line perfectly. I loved the scene when he slagged Dean last week, his remarks to Neasa were hilarious.

remember when turlough didn't have the long greasy looking hair?

0001fc6a-546.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

I thought it was ok considering FC history with stunts. I certainly bought it. Bob was a little OTT though.
    I thought Dean was going to kill Leo at the end there. Very intense. Good scene. Feel sorry for Dean. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 A Plague On Both Your Houses

Eradicate wrote: »
    I thought it was ok considering FC history with stunts. I certainly bought it. Bob was a little OTT though.
    I thought Dean was going to kill Leo at the end there. Very intense. Good scene. Feel sorry for Dean. :(

Why? Because he lacks a brain?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

When did Dean get to be such a dick? Another Fair City personality transplant?
    Given how he's behaving these days Kylie had a lucky escape.....
    I think I might have to agree with Decco - Caoimhe might be better off with him :eek:

In other news did I see Bob slyly pocketing the cheque while calling for an ambulance?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭corcaighabu92

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I think I might have to agree with Decco - Caoimhe might be better off with him :eek:

In other news did I see Bob slyly pocketing the cheque while calling for an ambulance?
    That was the first thing i said..He took the envelope!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Hi everyone. Long time no see...:)

Why oh why did they kill Turlough off? In him we had an actor who can act with consumate ease and a character with many layers that were yet to be discovered and could have been the fulcrum of some great potential storylines...:mad:

In saying that the scene was well done but should have been given to one or two of the more 'stale' characters like Barry, Charlie or Leo for example...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Hi everyone. Long time no see...:)

Just when you thought you were out... we pulled you back in.

Welcome back.

I liked last night's episode. The stunt wasn't the usual creaky effort. I would have expected to cut away to a random shot of the sofa, hear a crash, and cut back to Turlough covered in glass.

As for Dean, what an eejit. I think all the taunts about wasting his life as a burger-flipper went to his head, and he wanted to prove he was a big man after all. Classic sucker reason for gambling.

Anyone else think Caoimhe should give him the flick after the way he spoke to her in the poolroom?

• Advertisement

Anyone else think Caoimhe should give him the flick after the way he spoke to her in the poolroom?

yea definitely! i thought she would have left when he spoke to her like that... but she stayed on. she really has it bad for him!
    he's kinda coming across sleazy as well .. mauling her and wanting her to spend the night but "she's not my girlfriend"

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Just when you thought you were out... we pulled you back in.

Touché...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭Luis21

Turloughs fall last night was TV gold. Please note : When you hit the floor you DONT turn your head to face the other way, it kinda ruins the whole thing.

Did Bob get the cheque ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,217 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

DeepBlue wrote: »

I blame Caoimhe :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

0004379b-545.jpg

A glamorous blonde comes looking for Louie.

Could she be competition for Louie's affections?

Louie's estranged wife, Ingrid, comes looking for Louie to settle custody arrangement of their two children, Joey and Clara.

Louie is thrilled to finally gain access to his children, and puts all his efforts in trying to re-establish a bond with them. Joey has only vague, and slightly negative memories of his father, while Clara who was only a year old when her father was exiled, has no memory of him at all.

So why the change of mind now for Ingrid? Do their children need a long-distance father? And who is the tall dark handsome stranger lurking in the park?

Ingrid Gleeson is played by Vivienne Connelly, Joey is played by Jack Maughan and Clara Gleeson is played by Mary Kate Sills.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I am a bit surprised that RTE showed that much blood. I guarantee there will be lots of complaints. It wasnt a very realistic scene though. The mirror fell on his back but his face was spouting blood....Why??? Glad this Neasa/Turlough storyline is finished. It was probably the most unbelievable storyline i have seen on FC. Bob was very sneaky taking the envelope. Maybe he will be suspected of causing his death????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

As for Dean, what an eejit. I think all the taunts about wasting his life as a burger-flipper went to his head, and he wanted to prove he was a big man after all. Classic sucker reason for gambling.

Yeah. I was surprised that Caoimhe didn't walk out of the poolhall when he said "it's nothing to do with you LUV!"

Lovin Bob as always. It was brilliant the way he pocketed the envelope even though he was calling the ambulance. Fits totally with his character.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

Yeah. I was surprised that Caoimhe didn't walk out of the poolhall when he said "it's nothing to do with you LUV!"

Lovin Bob as always. It was brilliant the way he pocketed the envelope even though he was calling the ambulance. Fits totally with his character.

Yeah my fella giggled at that "luv" bit for some reason so I gave him a whack!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,217 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

She should have done like Suzanne and beat him with the pool stick :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Hasnt Dean always treated women badly?

He lead Orla on originally,didn't he have an affair with Heather? then he cheated on Kylie with Tracey, when he finally got Tracey he was really controlling and bossy and now he's being horrible to middle Dillon. I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting...

He's not exactly good boyfriend material.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement