Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,573 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I have to say, the last two nights episodes have been the most far fetched (I know its a soap) and ridiculous episodes I have seen- that coupled with the general Turlough/Caoimhe romance.
    I dunno, have they changed writers lately?

People often complain that a story moves along too slowly but in this cash Turlough and Caoimhe went WAY too fast.
    Then Dean and the "pool" game? I mean, where the hell did that come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

xalot wrote: »
    Hasnt Dean always treated women badly?

He lead Orla on originally,didn't he have an affair with Heather? then he cheated on Kylie with Tracey, when he finally got Tracey he was really controlling and bossy and now he's being horrible to middle Dillon. I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting...

He's not exactly good boyfriend material.

Fair point, well made!! I'd forgotten about Heather and Orla. Didn't he have a fling with Robin too? Plus the prostitute he cheated on Tracey with. I do love Dean though. Every soap needs a bad boy.

Thought the scene last night with Leo and Paul in Vinos was terrible. Paul shouting like a castrated donkey in the middle of a cafe just looked silly

• Registered Users Posts: 86,217 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Eradicate wrote: »
    Fair point, well made!! I'd forgotten about Heather and Orla. Didn't he have a fling with Robin too? Plus the prostitute he cheated on Tracey with. I do love Dean though. Every soap needs a bad boy.

Thought the scene last night with Leo and Paul in Vinos was terrible. Paul shouting like a castrated donkey in the middle of a cafe just looked silly

I dont think he cheated on Tracey with the hooker

I think he really did love Tracey and has been kinda lost since she left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

Lovin Bob as always. It was brilliant the way he pocketed the envelope even though he was calling the ambulance. Fits totally with his character.

Classy guy! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sandwichboard

Puh-leeeez people, do your homework and get your facts right!:)

We've had this before. I'm not trying to defend Dean here, but whatever else he has done he didn't cheat on Tracey. Ritchie Lennon set it up so that it looked to Tracey as if Dean was cheating on her with a prostitute.

Anyway.

I'm with whoever said that Caoimhe should dump Dean. Absolutely!
    Now, Caoimhe, please, while you still have some dignity left!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Yes, I also wish Dean and caoimhe would break up. As bad as he was to Julie and Tracey and Orla. He is definitely harsher on caoimhe. He's more fun when he's single I think. I love his scenes with Robert and Damien. But there does seem more of an effort by the writers to make him more of an a-hole.

You are right too sandwich, he didn't ever cheat on Tracey.

pavcro10 wrote: »
    Yes, I also wish Dean and caoimhe would break up. As bad as he was to Julie and Tracey and Orla. He is definitely harsher on caoimhe. He's more fun when he's single I think. I love his scenes with Robert and Damien. But there does seem more of an effort by the writers to make him more of an a-hole.

You are right too sandwich, he didn't ever cheat on Tracey.

Are Dean and Damo not friends anymore it seems to be Dean with Finn now and Damo with Wayne :confused: I liked the friendship between Dean and Damo and Caoimhe and Dean make a terrible couple

Dean isnt with Caoimhe, or am I missing something here.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

kippy wrote: »
    Dean isnt with Caoimhe, or am I missing something here.....

Well,.....they've been playing "tonsil tennis"

Well,.....they've been playing "tonsil tennis"

Ah wait, Neasa is the other one, isnt she? Got them mixed up there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

xalot wrote: »
    Hasnt Dean always treated women badly?

He lead Orla on originally,didn't he have an affair with Heather?
    I cant remember him having an affair with Heather.... When was that?
    It must have been 4 or 5 years ago, befire she met Brendan..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

It was just after the floyd storyline I think. Dean had just arrived in the show. I seem to remember them getting hot and heavy on heathers couch and then Brendan walking in on them. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else but I'm almost positive it was dean

It was just after the floyd storyline I think. Dean had just arrived in the show. I seem to remember them getting hot and heavy on heathers couch and then Brendan walking in on them. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else but I'm almost positive it was dean

Yes you are right it was around the time Dean first returned and he was flirting with everyone I think even Yvonne was also another one he had a thing with. Heather brought him back to her place to anger Brendan I think as he still lived there she had found out he helped Floyd die.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I seem to remember them getting hot and heavy on heathers couch and then Brendan walking in on them. Maybe I'm thinking of someone else but I'm almost positive it was dean
    I think you're confusing Dean with Floyd (the second version of Floyd).

gYmLs.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

DeepBlue wrote: »
    I think you're confusing Dean with Floyd (the second version of Floyd).

That's what I was thinking.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Don't forget that this is Dean #2.

There definitely was something with Heather and Dean

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Don't forget that this is Dean #2.

???? I don't remember another Dean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

???? I don't remember another Dean?
    Yeah there was another Dean. He looked a lot older than the current Dean, and that was probably over 10 years ago !
    He had an affair with his step-mother, Sandy. Thats why she and Leo split up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

He also had an English accent. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Do you think Jimmy will be back soon - he'd be a good partner for Caoimhe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

deelite wrote: »
    Do you think Jimmy will be back soon - he'd be a good partner for Caoimhe.

Except he's about 15yrs older than her!

I'm not liking the way Deans accent has suddenly become VERY Dublin - he certainly was never that 'rough' until he decided to date Caoimhe, I've no clue why they've done that to him?

I think Jedward should make a guest appearance in the Hungry Pig for the craic...they might surprise us with their acting skills:D

Fittle wrote: »

I think Jedward should make a guest appearance in the Hungry Pig for the craic...they might surprise us with their acting skills:D

They are exceptional actors already, sure arent they acting 24/4. Doing a great job of coming across as annoying/hyperactive idiots with little understanding of the world around them.
    Arent they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I have finally caught up... so prepare yourself... :D

Few thoughts...

Caoimhe's party was woeful, they could have invited extra's to pretend to be her friend, if it was her 21st, Noone would have celebrated in that way and as for Decco's reaction to them laughing at the limo... I would love a Limo to bring me into town so their reaction was a bit odd :confused:

Caoimhe and Neasa are old enough to make their own decisions and I can understand Tommy being protective (as Neasa is his oldest) but all this sitting around the dinner table and in one of the episodes.. Caoimhe even said that she couldn't be late for dinner..She is 21 for heavens sake :rolleyes:

They are ruining the character of Dean, total personality transplant, changing who he is, way he speaks. Caoimhe told him he was the most unromantic.. look at the way he proposed to Tracey, that was so romantic and here he is treating his father and his g/f.. :(

As for Louie & Carol, that was just groundhog day and as much as I love them, scriptwriters don't seem to know what is going on there, the same conversation was repeated over and over.. i.e I will tell him tonight, then tell him the next day and the day after that *yawn*

The Neasa and Turlough storyline was too rushed, I could have dealt with them together if they didn't rush it, getting together (fine) but moving in and then engaged etc.. too much but sad to see him go :eek:

People saying things about Tommy, my Dad was always the same about me and he is only acting like that because he knows what a charlatan Turlough was and Bob played him! I thought Tommy acted the storyline well...

Love Bob though :D May I add I find Finn very annoying.. Had to laugh at Ray saying that you wouldn't come in the pub to get cheered up! LOL!!

Good to have you up to date Angel!!:p:p:p

I havent noticed Deans accent like some of you have? Didnt he always have a strong Dublin accent??

Good to have you up to date Angel!!:p:p:p

I havent noticed Deans accent like some of you have? Didnt he always have a strong Dublin accent??

Cheers!! :)

I think its been a bit more obvious now, I don't have a problem really with the accent but the way he treats people annoys me as he was never that nasty.. Dearbhla really does need a storyline. She is wasted there. She never seems to be out of that school uniform!

Good to see Leo back though :D:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    He also had an English accent. :rolleyes:

There is no trace of a Waterford one there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭ynul31f47k6b59

The things I wouldn't do to Dean - even if he was a bit of a stones this week.

Why did they kill Turlough!!!!! I was really beginning to wonder what was going to happen with him, Neasa, Bob, Tommy - why start the storyline with Neasa, the carer thing with Bob, the fighting with Tommy - only to turn round and have him die!!! The death was done brilliantly, although I had to come here to find out if he just fell or if someone killed him, took my eyes off the screen for a few seconds and he was gone. I LOVE Bob, his character is fast becoming one of my most favourites ever.

I really, really wish they'd bring the old Sunday evening omnibus back.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Why did they kill Turlough!!!!! I was really beginning to wonder what was going to happen with him, Neasa, Bob, Tommy - why start the storyline with Neasa, the carer thing with Bob, the fighting with Tommy - only to turn round and have him die!!! .

Ditto..!

• Advertisement

I think mainly to show how these whole events will change Neasa from the character we knew before.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement