Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Fittle wrote: »
    Except he's about 15yrs older than her!

So Turlough had a good few years on Nessa!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Shame Fair City won nothing in the IFTA's :(

http://www.ifta.ie/winners/index.html

I love Yvonne and Suzannes dresses!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1356481/And-g-na-award-goes--didnt-make-total-spectacle-Iftas-Yes-few.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

What was Lorraine Keane wearing :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭littlefriend

• Registered Users Posts: 86,217 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

angel01 wrote: »
    I think mainly to show how these whole events will change Neasa from the character we knew before.

We will see lot of Nessa's crying and grieving now and it is a pity as the actress is so wooden and cant frecking act :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    We will see lot of Nessa's crying and grieving now and it is a pity as the actress is so wooden and cant frecking act :(

Amen

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

wow i totally don't remember that!
    that wasn't in 2008 by any chance, was it? i was all loved up at the time and forgot what the telly was! missed a good few months of fair city that year :(:P:o

Haha.. from the info on that pic, it was taken on the 1st August 2008 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Could anyone figure out the date neasa actually had her first date with turlough and her, over-wraught with grief:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Nessa: "He looks old in that coffin"..

He looked old in the wheelchair ffs..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

whats the story with christy/carol story?

havent seen it in weeks and cant make out if he knows or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭robo

Dean made the same cup-cakes that Superquinn are selling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

whats the story with christy/carol story?

havent seen it in weeks and cant make out if he knows or not!

He definitely knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Neasa looked so different without make up

Fittle wrote: »
    Could anyone figure out the date neasa actually had her first date with turlough and her, over-wraught with grief:rolleyes:

They had their first date 23rd January.. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

angel01 wrote: »
    They had their first date 23rd January.. :rolleyes:

You gotta be kidding?? I think it was at least three days more than that.. I wonder will they be calling Neasa "The Black Widow" round Carrigstown now..

You gotta be kidding?? I think it was at least three days more than that.. I wonder will they be calling Neasa "The Black Widow" round Carrigstown now..

I posted on the 26th January the following:

Neasa and Turlough went on a date together in Vinos on Sunday night.. I am behind in episodes but am catching up now ...biggrin.gif

So it was the 23rd of January for definate!!

wow not even a month together... fastest relationship ever!
    i think it's silly to bring back a character only for a few weeks and then dump em off for good! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,217 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did Ray say last night than Una wont make it back for Turlough's funeral surely the funeral could be held off or not shown on screen so Una could be at it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,573 ✭✭✭✭kippy

i think it's silly to bring back a character only for a few weeks and then dump em off for good! :rolleyes:

I agree, a bit unrealistic on the timing side but if you think about about it a character is just a "device" in whatever that character is in.
    It appears that the writers used Turloughs character for two reasons.
    1. They needed something to change Neasa. She was pretty........boring to be honest. Who knows how she will change now and perhaps she will get a wad of cash out of it which leads to other storylines.
    2. Bob. Turlough has helped bring Bob back into the fold, people have new found respect for him, bob has changed (or has he) and also bob is no longer poor, he has a couple of hundred k in his pocket which I am sure will add some spice to upcoming storylines. I suspect he will by the share of the garage which has been doing the rounds in the past week with it for a start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

kippyQuote:
    Originally Posted by dirtyghettokid viewpost.gif
    i think it's silly to bring back a character only for a few weeks and then dump em off for good! rolleyes.gif

I agree, a bit unrealistic on the timing side but if you think about about it a character is just a "device" in whatever that character is in.
    It appears that the writers used Turloughs character for two reasons.
    1. They needed something to change Neasa. She was pretty........boring to be honest. Who knows how she will change now and perhaps she will get a wad of cash out of it which leads to other storylines.
    2. Bob. Turlough has helped bring Bob back into the fold, people have new found respect for him, bob has changed (or has he) and also bob is no longer poor, he has a couple of hundred k in his pocket which I am sure will add some spice to upcoming storylines. I suspect he will by the share of the garage which has been doing the rounds in the past week with it for a start.

Yes looking forward to seeing what Bob does with the money....he is a brilliant actor.

Also agree with the comments on other posts about Dean, they are turning him into an a**hole - cannot believe Caoimhe did not walk out of the pool room that night!

Looking forward to some fireworks with Louies wife coming into the show, It might have been better if they sent carol off with christy and for louies wife to be behind the bar or somewhere like that when she got back...:D

Interesting to see what happens with Louie's exwife, no doubt it will all be Carol being jealous not being centre of attention for once...

To think they didn't cast me for the role.. the cheek of them! especially after I encouraged Brigie to bring back his exwife and kids!! :eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

STIG83 wrote: »
    Neasa looked so different without make up

Yeah. But she's still Hot Hot Hot! I wouldn't mind comforting the grieving widow. ;)

(I know she's not actually a widow as they weren't married,...but you know what I mean)

SoapFan27 wrote: »
    Yes looking forward to seeing what Bob does with the money....he is a brilliant actor.

D

I think Louie is going to have to sell the pub to help out the ex wife - giving Bob a chance to take back his rightful place, and louie will be broke and Carol won't want him any more and he'll go back on the coke. Reversing the roles of him and bob..;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

deelite wrote: »
    I think Louie is going to have to sell the pub to help out the ex wife - giving Bob a chance to take back his rightful place, and louie will be broke and Carol won't want him any more and he'll go back on the coke. Reversing the roles of him and bob..;);)

I reckon you are on the right track there, Dee !

jos28 wrote: »
    I reckon you are on the right track there, Dee !

I hope so.:D

haha would be entertaining, but i don't want to see any coke heads on the show :(

haha would be entertaining, but i don't want to see any coke heads on the show :(

Louie was mad into the coke (I think that's why he and the wife separated) and he also got Zumo to get him some coke last year. I think it would be interesting to see them exploring Louie a "coke head"....:D

Sunday
    Bob taunts a frustrated Louie over being forced to sell Vinos. Louie tells Carol he is depressed about the imminent sale. Orla confronts Keith over his reluctance to quit a role that he obviously hates. Neasa confronts Bob and asks him where the €200,000 draft is. They both argue who had a right to it. He tells her that she has no legal rights to it and it was made out to him. Bob then goes to the Dillons' home and tells Judith and Tommy that Neasa is accusing him of horrible things and she needs to be looked after.

Philip calls to the Dillons but his lie is exposed when Caoimhe opens his bandage and they realise that it is only made from marker. He tells Dearbhla that he only did it to impress her and they agree their friendship is too much pressure but end on good terms. Bob attacks Neasa when she calls the guards to complain about him and he accuses her of being used by Turlough, calling her a gullible, empty headed bimbo. A distraught Neasa runs home and reveals Bob's abuse to her parents. She agrees to stay there for the night and relaxes in the warmth of her family.

Carol indirectly seeks reassurance from Yvonne that nothing will ever happen again between Ingrid and Louie. A relieved Keith finds a way out of his new role, saying it wouldn't be fair on Ray if he kept it on. Ray and Keith then meet in McCoys and celebrate their reunification as comrades. A supportive Carol tells Louie he is doing the right thing to sacrifice his property for his children.

Tuesday
    Yvonne bumps into Damien and tells him that Bela would love if he called to him and that he misses him. Neasa tells her mum and dad that she is heading back to Turlough's house and refuses to move home, saying she is going to get the better of Bob. Decco disappoints Eileen by refusing to help her move stolen goods by pretending he has a sore arm. She forces Zumo to help her instead. Judith approaches Deegan about the money Bob took from Turlough but she learns he has beaten her to it and there is nothing that can be done about it.

Caoimhe goes up to Dean in the Hungry Pig but he refuses, pretending that he has a date with a surprised Damien. He confides in Damien that while he likes her he is not serious about their relationship. At the surgery, Vivienne learns that Judith bends the rules so some patients can claim on a medical card, even if it is illegal. Ingrid tells Louie that the lawyer is over on business and will be meeting them to discuss their agreement. He meets Russell, who attempts to be very formal with him.

Carol takes the kids so they won't be around the discussions, but learns that Russell is Ingrid's Dad. She panics and calls Louie warning him of this. He turns to Ingrid and Russell demanding the truth and they reveal that they are together. He angrily tells them he is going to fight for custody. Dean jokes that he likes flirting with Yvonne, especially when it gets her angry. His throwaway comments hurt Damien. Eileen is stood up by Zumo and Ray gallantly helps her lift the boxes.

Suzanne arrives at Vinos and surprises Yvonne with her return. Dean tries to prevent Damien from seeing her and they have an awkward exchange. Decco calls to the surgery much to Judith's annoyance. He tells Caoimhne that he is interested in applying for colleges and asks her for her help. A smitten Eileen asks Zumo to give Ray chocolates as a thanks and he grows suspicious of her motives. He calls to the house and is put in an embarrassing position when Deegan goads him for giving chocolates to Ray.

Bela is delighted to learn that Suzanne is back and give her a big hug and a welcome. Damien clashes with Dean when he tries to advise him on how to handle Suzanne's return. Carol urges Louie not to be so rash and to think of the kids when he is dealing with Ingrid. Suzanne contacts Damien and asks to see him. They meet outside the flat and he tells her he wants her to leave him alone and that if she respects him she will. He leaves her tearful and shaken.

Wednesday
    Louie announces that he doesn't want to sell and Carol accuses him of letting Bob influence his thinking and actions. Vivienne refuses to let Decco move back in, much to Charlotte's disgust. In Vinos, Yvonne begs Bela to give Sarah another chance. He agrees but when Suzanne mentions that they could go to family therapy he storms out. Zumo is surprised that Eileen has such strong feeling for Ray. When he points out she is much older she states she can 'still do up [her] own shoes and laces - without bending [her] knees!'

Judith calls a staff meeting with Robert, Vivienne and Caoimhe. She hides her concern when it is concluded that it could be her or Decco who did it. She insists that Decco didn't do it. Louie tells a horrified Ingrid that the deal is off. Louie and Russell lose it and he mentions Louie's drug past, prompting Louie to ask him to go outside for a fight. He later tells Carol that he'll use Bob's money for a lawyer. Ray is shocked when Eileen makes a play for him.

Decco learns of Judith's accusations and keeps his cool but warns Vivienne that Judith had better watch her back. Neasa agrees to some father-daughter time with Tommy in Kilkenny. A distraught Vivienne confesses to stealing the prescription pads in order to protect Judith from any harm. She cries and pleads her case not to tell Deegan as she needs to help Charlotte. Ingrid breaks down to Louie and tells him it is not an insurance claim but a fraud claim and she could go to jail. She begs him not to separate her from her children.

Tommy collects Neasa's things from Turlough's house and confronts Bob. He tells him if he ever hurts Neasa again he'll kill him. Judith lies to Deegan about not knowing who stole the prescription, so she can save the reputation of the surgery. Ingrid approaches Carol and tells her the truth. She begs Carol to help her and she promises to talk to Louie.

Louie refuses Carol's request to talk to Ingrid and she points out some home truths which give him a wake-up call. Deegan advises a distraught Ray to get away from Eileen as quickly as possible. A cold and calculated Judith fires a shocked Vivienne.

• Advertisement

00043b2f-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 029

Tuesday 15th February

Carol and Louie switch off all distractions to have a lie in.
    Could Finn's stake in the garage be the reason that Keith is getting a hard time in work?
    Neasa is consumed with grief, and Bob offers his support. (That's right Bob!)
    Louie's ex-wife comes looking for him.
    Dermot puts in a word to Dearbhla for Philip.
    An over-wrought Neasa blames herself on Turlough's death.
    And Ingrid lays down her demands.

Written by Noel McGee.

00043b30-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 030

Wednesday 16th February

Louie wakes up eager to raise funds.
      Judith worries about the influence Philip may have on Dearbhla.
      Yvonne offers her support to Louie, and Carol feels like she's out of the picture.
      Finn gives Keith a leg up in the garage.
      Bob goes running to the Dillons to keep them informed of Neasa's state of mind. Could he have an alternative motive?
      Keith throws his weight around the garage.
      Louie stands Carol up, in favour of an evening with Ingrid and their children.

Written by Noel McGee.

00043b31-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 031

Thursday 17th February

Ingrid, Joey and Clara wake up in McCoys.
        Neasa leans on Bob, and Bob leans on Tommy.
        It's World War 3 in the garage as Ray clashes with the new head mechanic.
        Carol questions Ingrid's motives and her rush!
        Dermot helps Philip with his tattoo.
        And Russell reminds Ingrid of the importance of Louie paying up on time.

Written by Ted Gannon.

00043b32-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 032

Sunday 20th February

An auction goes up over the Hungry Pig, much to the delight of Bob Charles.
          Keith's promotion gets him down.
          Philip's white lie is exposed by Judith.
          Bob's mask finally slips.
          Carol susses Yvonne out for information on Ingrid and Louie's relationship.
          The McGrath brothers decide to take a back seat in the garage business.
          Tommy and Judith welcome Neasa back into the fold.
          And Bob, once again, enjoys the high life.

Written by Ted Gannon.
          Directed by Gary Agnew.
          Location Director Shirley Dalton.

This discussion has been closed.
        Advertisement