Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Dominic was the sandwich king of Carrigstown :p
    Whats the connection with Dominic and sandwiches?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

iv watched fair city on and off over the years and personally for me anyway it's just a load of rubbish iam not a soap or drama man anyway but i must say i did enjoy raw...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

iv watched fair city on and off over the years and personally for me anyway it's just a load of rubbish iam not a soap or drama man anyway but i must say i did enjoy raw...

No need to be slating FC

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭_whiskers

STIG83 wrote: »
    No need to be slating FC

This thread is for the show Fair City, so any opinions people have on the show should be voiced on the thread without people defending it to the high heavens! All shows have good and bad points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

No need to be slating FC
    if you enjoy fair city thats your own buisness i dont like it and im entiled to my own openion and in my openion it's crap for anyone else that enjoys it well good luck to them it's a free world watch out for the new world order though:eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

if you enjoy fair city thats your own buisness i dont like it and im entiled to my own openion and in my openion it's crap for anyone else that enjoys it well good luck to them it's a free world watch out for the new world order though:eek::eek::eek:

You sure are - I'm one of those who thinks it's so bad, it's good:D We're all entitled to watch, or not watch...I try not to miss it, if possible, although I often criticise!

Neasa was good in that scene with her dad last night. Quite good acting on her part, I thought.

Still think it's way off that she is acting so devastated after a 3 week relationship though - she's acting like a widow with a 20yr marriage behind her:rolleyes:

I do like Deise Toms suggestion, that boardsies could put some of their observations to the writers/producers etc at some point? Do you think they'd be up for that Angel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

jos28 wrote: »
    Just spotted Malachy in Trivia (RTE 1) and wasn't eating sandwiches :eek:

It wasn't Malachy who used to eat Sandwiches, it was Dominic :D

Fittle wrote: »
    You sure are - I'm one of those who thinks it's so bad, it's good:D We're all entitled to watch, or not watch...I try not to miss it, if possible, although I often criticise!

Neasa was good in that scene with her dad last night. Quite good acting on her part, I thought.

Still think it's way off that she is acting so devastated after a 3 week relationship though - she's acting like a widow with a 20yr marriage behind her:rolleyes:

I do like Deise Toms suggestion, that boardsies could put some of their observations to the writers/producers etc at some point? Do you think they'd be up for that Angel?

I think they would, You can email them at faircity@rte.ie or send them a tweet www.twitter.com/rtefaircity

Whats the connection with Dominic and sandwiches?

Every scene he was in (or seemed to be in) he was eating a sandwich.. I felt sorry for the actor, and can't blame him for leaving.. I did find it funny - the sandwich link :D:D

He should work as the face of O'Briens sandwiches :cool::D

Michael Sheehan who plays Dean is from Waterford, and in the soap his accent is a Dublin one, ive no idea has he a Dub accent in real life though.

No he doesn't have a Dub accent in real life..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

I wonder if the actor who played Dominic knows about the sandwich thing. I bet he gets the occasional funny look in a cafe, particularly if one of us is serving.

I'm impressed with people's long memory for the show. Has anyone been watching it from the first episode? The first big story I remember was the triangle with Helen and Paul and Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭robo

deelite wrote: »
    Where's Sean gone - Niamh's brother?

Also Nessa was amazing tonight - fair play to her.

Saw him walking down Nutley Lane (Road between Vincents Hospital & RTE studios) last Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭robo

I wonder if the actor who played Dominic knows about the sandwich thing. I bet he gets the occasional funny look in a cafe, particularly if one of us is serving.

I'm impressed with people's long memory for the show. Has anyone been watching it from the first episode? The first big story I remember was the triangle with Helen and Paul and Mike.

What I remember earlier was Paul & the actress Bernie (Charlie's daughter, actress Ger Ryan) about to dance and Charlie busted in at an event to stop them...Paul had hair back then. That was well before the Helen-Mike-Paul triangle?

Watching last night's episode. I don't think Neasa's reaction is too exaggerated. You can go quite far with someone in five weeks.

I also feel very sorry for Turlough. Two weeks ago he was learning to walk, and now he's buried in the RTE car park.

Philip and Dervla are great, aren't they? The younger actors are usually a weak link, but there's something very engaging about those two.

robo wrote: »
    What I remember earlier was Paul & the actress Bernie (Charlie's daughter, actress Ger Ryan) about to dance and Charlie busted in at an event to stop them...Paul had hair back then. That was well before the Helen-Mike-Paul triangle?

That is a long way back. It might even be the first series. I do remember a story then about who burned down the Community Centre. Everyone thought it was Johnny One, but it turned out to be someone surprising. Benjy Riordan, maybe.

I like the idea of having the writers and producers answering questions. I'd ask if there is a campaign to make the show better-looking. No disrespect to the old cast, but when you cut from Louie and Ingrid to Neasa or Tommy, you'd have to say it's a bit more glamorous than it used to be.

I wish they would bring Anne Clarke back, gosh I loved her.. to be honest I used to love some of the old cast.. I am not sure how long I am watching but think it is definately from the first series of it.. I so wish they would start repeating the episodes from day 1 up to the current day, one episode a day or something in the afternoons would be brilliant..:D

Isn't this picture fab from series 1

00028b95-545.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

angel01 wrote: »
    It wasn't Malachy who used to eat Sandwiches, it was Dominic :D

Doh ! Stupid mistake, sorry. While we are on the subject, where is Malachy ? Where is he supposed to have disappeared to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,215 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

jos28 wrote: »
    Doh ! Stupid mistake, sorry. While we are on the subject, where is Malachy ? Where is he supposed to have disappeared to ?

I think he went to the UK to help Laura and her baby

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

No need to be slating FC

Its not a Fair City Appreciation Society however and people have the right to say what they dont like about it, and lets face it, at times there is a lot not to like about it.

Every scene he was in (or seemed to be in) he was eating a sandwich.. I felt sorry for the actor, and can't blame him for leaving.. I did find it funny - the sandwich link :D:D

He should work as the face of O'Briens sandwiches :cool::D

Would that mean that we would have the Dominic Sandwich as well as the Rachel Allen one.

• Advertisement

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Its not a Fair City Appreciation Society however and people have the right to say what they dont like about it, and lets face it, at times there is a lot not to like about it.

It's like following a football team, isn't it? No matter how much you like them, you spend a lot of time cursing and slagging them off.

I don't think Ingrid will leave. She could have lots of stories with Louie, and she's obviously a pretty capable actress. I certainly don't fancy Carol's chances against her. Rasher sandwich, meet caviar surprise.

Surely someone from Turlough's family would have come and taken his stuff from the house and maybe spoke with Nessa - did his family even know about Nessa :confused:

Has Turlough been buried in the Park in Carraigstown. Looked like it last night with the stone wall all around it and a few wooded crosses stuck in the ground. Why dont they use a real graveyard like they do in other soaps and not show the names on the head stones. To have their own realisitic looking one like what Emmerdale has might be a bit much.

Deise Tom wrote: »

I disagree, I know I am really biased but I don't give a stuff, I like to focus on the positive as negativity brings you nowhere but I think that is quite uncalled for in fairness.

Surely someone from Turlough's family would have come and taken his stuff from the house and maybe spoke with Nessa - did his family even know about Nessa :confused:

He only has Una and she is away.. trying to think was Una aware of Neasa?

It's like following a football team, isn't it? No matter how much you like them, you spend a lot of time cursing and slagging them off.

I don't think Ingrid will leave. She could have lots of stories with Louie, and she's obviously a pretty capable actress. I certainly don't fancy Carol's chan we against her. Rasher sandwich, meet caviar surprise.

She made an interview though and said the door was open for her return :confused: (least I think so anyway!)

Sorry behind in episodes again :o

I disagree, I know I am really biased but I don't give a stuff, I like to focus on the positive as negativity brings you nowhere but I think that is quite uncalled for in fairness.

And it's good that you can focus on the positives of FC Angel - but you have to acknowledge that not everybody can be as positive as you about every aspect of FC;)

He only has Una and she is away.. trying to think was Una aware of Neasa?

Are his parents dead? What about the sister who was with Keith Duffy's character?

I do like Joe & Dermot, they are usually quite funny.

But that scene last night with the tattoo....:rolleyes:

And I agree that they could have filmed the graveyard scene IN a graveyard...who even paid for his funeral??

• Advertisement

Are his parents dead? What about the sister who was with Keith Duffy's character?

I think they are dead. She is still in Africa I believe
    Fittle wrote: »
    And it's good that you can focus on the positives of FC Angel - but you have to acknowledge that not everybody can be as positive as you about every aspect of FC;)

No but to call it as negative as Deise Tom does, I thought was unfair.

You quote
    I try not to miss it, if possible, although I often criticise

Why comment on something that you admit you try not to watch? waste of your energy I would have thought...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement