Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

angel01 wrote: »
    I think they are dead. She is still in Africa I believe

No but to call it as negative as Deise Tom does, I thought was unfair.

You quote

Why comment on something that you admit you try not to watch? waste of your energy I would have thought...

I never understand why you get so defensive of a fictional tv show. We are all entitled to comment, good, bad or indifferent on FC and waste as much of our energy as we choose to.

Ever seen the Soccer forum? Like someone else said,FC is like supporting a football team... even though we are 'fan's....criticism is allowed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,215 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fair City can be great and it can be sh*te sometimes so all comments are welcome here

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Fair City can be great and it can be sh*te sometimes so all comments are welcome here

Not according to Angel!!!!

Fittle wrote: »
    Not according to Angel!!!!

She is blinded by her Louis love :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I can't believe how much I am enjoying every scene that the Ingrid one is in. I had a pre-conceived notion in my head that she'd be wooden (ex-model and all that) - but how wrong was I. Ingrid has this air about her that she's the victim - but really I think in the blink of an eye she'd offer Louis a line of "coke" for old times sake.

To the Fair City people who read this thread - can I please have the scarf my Keith was wearing last night. Thanx.

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    She is blinded by her Louis love :p

Louis....who has the haircut of an 8yr old boy making his first holy communion:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Louis....who has the haircut of an 8yr old boy making his first holy communion:p

Jealousy is a terrible thing.. lets see your haircut then :D

Louie is hot hot hot! :cool::D

deelite wrote: »
    I can't believe how much I am enjoying every scene that the Ingrid one is in. I had a pre-conceived notion in my head that she'd be wooden (ex-model and all that) - but how wrong was I. Ingrid has this air about her that she's the victim - but really I think in the blink of an eye she'd offer Louis a line of "coke" for old times sake.

To the Fair City people who read this thread - can I please have the scarf my Keith was wearing last night. Thanx.

Me thinks she would offer Louie more than a line of coke :mad::eek:

I did laugh at Ray last night when Ingrid walked in with the wine his line about Louis being very lucky Carol wasnt expressed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

I disagree, I know I am really biased but I don't give a stuff, I like to focus on the positive as negativity brings you nowhere but I think that is quite uncalled for in fairness.

Pointing out the wrongs could and should lead to improvements if taken aboard, would you agree.

• Advertisement

No but to call it as negative as Deise Tom does, I thought was unfair.

I dont think i have been negative towards Fair City. I just call it as i see it, the same way i call it on the Waterford GAA tread about Our Senior hurlers and the way i see things within the camp.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Pointing out the wrongs could and should lead to improvements if taken aboard, would you agree.

I would agree with that yes..
    I dont think i have been negative towards Fair City. I just call it as i see it, the same way i call it on the Waterford GAA tread about Our Senior hurlers and the way i see things within the camp.

Okay fair enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Has Turlough been buried in the Park in Carraigstown. Looked like it last night with the stone wall all around it and a few wooded crosses stuck in the ground. Why dont they use a real graveyard like they do in other soaps and not show the names on the head stones. To have their own realisitic looking one like what Emmerdale has might be a bit much.

I was wondering this as well. Is the "Carrigstown park" somewhere on the grounds of RTE? I was lucky enough to get to walk around the FC set early last year but never thought of asking about the park.

I was wondering this as well. Is the "Carrigstown park" somewhere on the grounds of RTE? I was lucky enough to get to walk around the FC set early last year but never thought of asking about the park.

Yes it is in the grounds of RTE :) I enjoyed seeing the park when I visited :D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Neasa was brilliant last night, well done to her and Tommy. I'm loving Ingrid at the moment. I hope she stays or comes back soon again. She could be very good for Louie or very bad for him! The graveyard scene was very poorly done, it really did look like they buried him in the park.

rogercar wrote: »
    Neasa was brilliant last night, well done to her and Tommy. I'm loving Ingrid at the moment. I hope she stays or comes back soon again. She could be very good for Louie or very bad for him! The graveyard scene was very poorly done, it really did look like they buried him in the park.

Is there anyone from Fair City a member here. Maybe you could get someone to come on and answer all the critism shown towards the show here in recent weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

would you agree that it's the writing mostly that needs cleaning up?
    things like continuity.
    i mean some of the actors they have in it now are fantastic... but maybe the stories need cleaning up a little and a bit more of a realistic approach to time frames.

was disappointed to see the graveyard scene in the park. i know they probably are on a tight budget, but they could have done better than that IMO.

really did like the scene though with tommy and neasa. i felt as if there was real emotion between them. it almost looked as if tommy was going to cry himself. i wonder what she did to make herself blubber like that? (from an acting point of view) i mean .. that was as real as it gets!

would you agree that it's the writing mostly that needs cleaning up?
    things like continuity.
    i mean some of the actors they have in it now are fantastic... but maybe the stories need cleaning up a little and a bit more of a realistic approach to time frames.

was disappointed to see the graveyard scene in the park. i know they probably are on a tight budget, but they could have done better than that IMO.

really did like the scene though with tommy and neasa. i felt as if there was real emotion between them. it almost looked as if tommy was going to cry himself. i wonder what she did to make herself blubber like that? (from an acting point of view) i mean .. that was as real as it gets!

In fairness, the actors just get the scripts that they have to play so you can't take issue with them. I think some of the storylines have been played out too long (carol & louie one with too much repitition) and then other storylines like the Neasa and Turlough one went at a rapid pace..

Sometimes FC do let themselves down, they could easily have had a real graveyard scene somewhere other than use the park which is overused already...

I think the Dillons are getting to be like the Niamh & Paul of the soap, too central to nearly every storyline going :(:(

I must say I love Carol's new hairstyle, makes her look so much younger, love it...

Ingrid is impressive :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I think some of the storylines have been played out too long (carol & louie one with too much repitition) and then other storylines like the Neasa and Turlough one went at a rapid pace
    I would have to agree about the time issue. The way Neasa was sobbing uncontrollably, you would think that she was married to him for 30 years.
    She didnt even know him a month beforehand.
    I think part of the reason the writers brought back Turlough, was to have a storyline where Bob would come into a large some of money. This was probably the easiest way ( apart from winning the lotto ) they came up with because Turlough had scammed money off Bob before.
    I am really looking forward to seeing a wealthy Bob, because he has had such bad luck in the last couple of years. He is so good at playing the " I'm better than everyone else" character. He plays the smarmy part so well

• Advertisement

I am sure if they had approached someone in the Cleargy, would not matter id it was Catholic, Church of Ireland or what ever and asked for permission to film in the graveyard that maybe attached to their church it would have been forthcoming on the guarantee that no names were shown on the head stones. If it is the council that is responsible for the graveyards in Dublin i am sure they too would have no problem. It was very lazy work from those behind the show. They were going well there for a while with the Damien and Suzzane story but since that all came out in the open air to the residents, the show has gone down hill very fast.

In fairness, the actors just get the scripts that they have to play so you can't take issue with them.

I dont think anyone is saying anything about the actors here, it is the scripts, the directing etc that people have problems with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

Yes it is in the grounds of RTE :) I enjoyed seeing the park when I visited :D

I remember reading somewhere before (it could have been here) that RTE/the producers of FC are having trouble with neighbouring properties and planning permission issues that have to be sorted out around the set and the park. I am open to correction but I think it was the German embassy. Maybe if Fair City put some sunloungers in the park they could put their towels out on them and then they'd be happy ;)

They could have done the graveyard scene anywhere though - they didn't have to actually be at the grave for that emotion to come out. If they couldn't get permission to film in an actual graveyard, they could easily have done it that scene anywhere, and just talked about Turlough. Why not even use the park, but not show the wall? it was the wall that gave it away....burying him in the park really took away from the good acting in that scene...for me anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Sometimes FC do let themselves down, they could easily have had a real graveyard scene somewhere other than use the park which is overused already... (

Does Tommy still have his vegetable patch in the park? Maybe Turloughs grave could be used to produce some nice organic veggies. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

They could have done the graveyard scene anywhere though - they didn't have to actually be at the grave for that emotion to come out. If they couldn't get permission to film in an actual graveyard, they could easily have done it that scene anywhere, and just talked about Turlough. Why not even use the park, but not show the wall? it was the wall that gave it away....burying him in the park really took away from the good acting in that scene...for me anyway.

It wasn't just the wall that gave it away, also the lack of other graves in the "cemetery", afew wooden crosses and one pathetic looking headstone. If they couldn't have used a real cemetery, why bother at all? Fair City really let themselves down. Though have to say the acting from all concerned was superb.

Does Tommy still have his vegetable patch in the park? Maybe Turloughs grave could be used to produce some nice organic veggies. :D

lmao... I presume he gave up on that idea now he has his "stall" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Good workk from Bob there to start off... Yvonne has had so many personality transplants at this stage, her character is completely unbelievable..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Neasa seems to be smirking more than showing sadness.

Also, you dont ring a Garda on their mobile to report a crime, ring the bloody station! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭chuckliddell

has christy a chin underneth his beard?? id say he's doing coke off some hookers tits over on hols, he'll come back with a dose of AIDS and pass it to Carol who'll pass it onto Louie/Paul/Keith/BOB/the freaky bar man with the glasses/Tommy/Deegan.....most of the cast will then die,

Happy ending

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement