Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

How come Dr. Daly and his wife (the successful author) still live in a 3 roomed flat ? Surely they should have moved to a detatched or at least a semi-d by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

Another powerful performance by Carole during the week. The more I watch Fair City the more I think she really is a brilliant actor.

I think her storyline with the book is going to get very interesting. They're using it to bring back in that gangster element which is always good for pulling in the viewers!

Reckon Carrickstown is die another gang war!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

If Ali was related to me I'd batter her she the most self-obsessed person in soap. Carol should do away with her. Or better still report her to Social Services and get Lorcan taken away from her. She's a pain in the backside - and those ear-rings reminds me of Pat Butcher (eastenders). Get rid of Ali the ungrateful cow.!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

I love Ray and Deegan sharing a house!!

Would love to see Mike scare the cr*p out of Heather and Brenden, particularly Brenden! He's just really irritating me at the moment.

As for Deegan, looks like he could be turning into Mr. Nasty cop!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Just bought the RTE guide (purely for the fair city feature :o ) and looks like some good plotlines over the summer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

joey54 wrote: »
    Would love to see Mike scare the cr*p out of Heather and Brenden, particularly Brenden! He's just really irritating me at the moment.

I would love to see where Heather rings Dell trying to get the laptop fixed under warranty. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭gidget

With Zumo back in the picture, i would have thought Lara would have been making an appearance, especially as she would be due to give birth about now or has she :confused: no word from Zumo who she went to live with?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Amy33

MaryCat! wrote: »
    I love Ray and Deegan sharing a house!!

I think it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

angel01 wrote: »
    Just bought the RTE guide (purely for the fair city feature :o ) and looks like some good plotlines over the summer!

Hopefully! Wish they'd get started. There's plenty of potential for the characters they have and they need to stop bringing in those new dull characters! There have been a few okay new additions e.g Cass and Louie but they need to stop now, unless there's somebody really necessary to a storyline. People such as Maureen, Pete, Cliodhna, Deegan's wife, that new cocaine-taking cop, etc. seem to have zilch personality (or are carbon copies of about ten other currently existing characters) and very little purpose and cannot act. Develop the characters you already have, please - the quality is being dragged way down.

I haven't been watching as intently lately, it's been pretty much rubbish. I really miss the likes of Bob, Renee, Una, Dominic, Seamus, etc. It needs to be livened up very quickly, does anybody actually care that Damien doesn't want kids and to see them arguing about it constantly? It doesn't help that Suzanne is one of the most boring and irritating characters in FC, what is there to actually like about her? They are failing so much lately!! They're even making Deegan a tad annoying when it's got to be the easiest thing in the world to make people like him and feel sorry for him... I always have, but now they're just wrecking it by making it so uninteresting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Meller wrote: »
    It doesn't help that Suzanne is one of the most boring and irritating characters in FC, what is there to actually like about her?

Nothing whatsoever. There never was and there never will be.

It's a pity they didn't develop the Claire storyline. She was in it around two years ago. A young woman renting one of Jimmy and Robyn's apartments who had a child and a dodgy partner.

Another tour de force by Aisling O'Neill this week. She's such a brilliant actress. Love the way she changes from pleasant/reformed Carol to vindictive/angry Carol.

Yer man that play Dr Daly isnt a great actor. He always seems to go falsetto at the end of the sentences when he's pleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Great shot of Alis legs last night...:)

Could somebody please email RTE about the basic grammar mistakes they constantly make on the website (especially on the Episode Preview)?!! It drives me mental when I'm reading it, with all the extra apostrophes and randomly thrown-in commas and lack of capital letters (and sometimes the sentances just don't really make much sense)... Can't they get somebody better to write it / get it checked before uploading?

Whats going on with Zumo and Deegan? I seem to have missed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Whats going on with Zumo and Deegan? I seem to have missed it!

Deegans ex has a son who is going to be stationed in Carrickstown as a Garda. Anyway Zumo took a picture of the son in which he appears to be "doing a line of coke". Deegan is trying to get the pictures back - Zumo wants 10K for the pictures. Zumo also has a voice recording of Deegan in which Deegan says he'll lay off Zumo for a month in return for the pictures. That's it pretty much boring as hell.

deelite wrote: »
    Deegans ex has a son who is going to be stationed in Carrickstown as a Garda. Anyway Zumo took a picture of the son in which he appears to be "doing a line of coke". Deegan is trying to get the pictures back - Zumo wants 10K for the pictures. Zumo also has a voice recording of Deegan in which Deegan says he'll lay off Zumo for a month in return for the pictures. That's it pretty much boring as hell.

Oh right, they could have made it a bit more exciting! Could we possibly see Deegan turn into Mr. Nasty? He stand np chance with Sarah so!

arrrgghhh Dr Daly went falsetto again tonight.. Dogs up the street going crazy..

Where the hell did they get the name "zumo". "Fat japanese looking chap" would have been a better nickname, no? oh hang on, maybe that's where they got it ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

"do i look like a bleedin sat nav"

you gotta love the script!!

Bored stupid with the Zumo/Deegan storyline and this is building for Robin's leaving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Is that guy called Zumo as a subliminal product placement for the juice/smoothie bars do you think? They can't afford to have 10 smoothies lined up going sour in everybody's house (like eg the way they all have 10 different boxes of cereal each!) so they just keep dropping the name like they did when Sarah almost got run down :D

Did you see that a SILVER AUDI almost hit Sarah!
    Did you find them - the car was a SILVER AUDI
    We caught the guys in the SILVER AUDI

:D:D

I hope the Zumo storyline actually goes somewhere. Its kinda boring the way its just, "pay me", "no", "pay me", no", back and forth between the two of them! They need something big to happen between them, hopefully it will.

I can see it going somewhere with the newspaper but I have a feeling that Sarah is going to end up bringing Deegan down. I hope that new cop isn't a permanent fixture, he has about as much personality as a plank!

I hope the Zumo storyline actually goes somewhere. Its kinda boring the way its just, "pay me", "no", "pay me", no", back and forth between the two of them! They need something big to happen between them, hopefully it will.

I can see it going somewhere with the newspaper but I have a feeling that Sarah is going to end up bringing Deegan down. I hope that new cop isn't a permanent fixture, he has about as much personality as a plank!

PMSL, I would agree with that, he is very dopey and very boring to watch. Get rid please, bring back Rory :D

Damien and Sarah? Damien and Sarah? Seriously? WHAT? Did that really happen or was it just Mark...?

Damien and Sarah? Damien and Sarah? Seriously? WHAT? Did that really happen or was it just Mark...?

i dunno, surely not?? :confused::confused::eek::eek:

Is Damien going to turn out to be Mark's Dad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

No he's just crashing in sarah's house coz he cant afford a hotel

phi3 wrote: »
    No he's just crashing in sarah's house coz he cant afford a hotel

i know, but did you see it last night, when mark called round in teh middle of teh day and sarah was just finishing getting dressed and damien walked back downstairs in his dressing gown..... not sure if there were shenanigans or not:eek::eek::confused::confused:

sam34 wrote: »
    i know, but did you see it last night, when mark called round in teh middle of teh day and sarah was just finishing getting dressed and damien walked back downstairs in his dressing gown..... not sure if there were shenanigans or not:eek::eek::confused::confused:

Don't think that was anything more than bad timing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 rutiru

nellie07 wrote: »
    rutiru, the shows are apparently recorded about 4 weeks in advance I think
    tanks sorry i took so long to reply i am in fair city we are filming on tuesday 19 may. With my dance school

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement