Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

angel01 wrote: »
    I disagree, I know I am really biased but I don't give a stuff, I like to focus on the positive as negativity brings you nowhere but I think that is quite uncalled for in fairness.

It is not necessarily 'negativity' - it's criticism, which all art forms, TV included are open to by virtue of putting themselves out there. The thread is entitled Fair City - not 'Good things about Fair City'. People have every right to criticise those parts which don't work etc just as you have the right to highlight the positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I thought the final scene with Bob was brilliant. The song choice was so perfect. Classic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

00044315-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 033

Tuesday 22nd February

Neasa decides it's time to make Bob's life miserable.
    Louie organises the sale of the Hungry Pig.
    Ray is Eileen's knight in overalls.
    Judith approaches Deegan about the money Bob took from Turlough.
    Louie meets with Ingrid and her lawyer Russell to finalise custody details.
    At the surgery, Vivienne learns that Judith bends the rules.
    Damien and Dean's lunch is interrupted by the prodigal wife.
    A smitten Eileen sends chocolates to Ray.
    And Dean gives Caoimhe the cold shoulder.
    Written by Shona McCarthy.

00044317-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 034

Wednesday 23rd February

Louie, suspicious of Ingrid and Russell's motives, threatens to cancel the auction.
      Suzanne puts her foot in it when she attempts to talk to Bela about her anger issues.
      Deegan returns one of Judith's stolen prescription pads, and she suspects Decco as being behind the theft.
      There is a low turn out for the Hungry Pig auction, and an even lower offer made on it.
      Caoimhe helps Decco with his college applications.
      Ray disrobes in Vinos at Eileen's request!
      Bob speaks ill of the dead.
      And Damien tells Suzanne to be patient.
      Written by Shona McCarthy.

00044318-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 035

Thursday 24th February

Louie wakes up in a bad mood. Could it be the new owner of the Hungry Pig getting under his skin?
        Judith panics when Neasa goes missing.
        Eileen confides in Zumo about her crush.
        Suzanne's attempt at making peace with Bela further annoys him, and Yvonne.
        Sarah congratulates Bob on his good news.
        Decco is barred from the surgery.
        And Robert plays at being Sherlock Holmes, pointing the finger of blame on Vivienne.
        Eileen wrangles a date with Ray.
        Written by Carmel Callan.

0004431a-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 036

Sunday 27th February

The Bishops boys plan how to help Vivienne and get back at Judith.
          Carol urges Louie to do the honourable thing for Ingrid and his children.
          Ray gets advice from Dean on how to lose a woman in one date.
          Bela asks Damien to help him persuade Suzanne and Yvonne to stay.
          Decco threatens Caoimhe.
          Zumo encourages Vivienne to get her job back.
          Ingrid takes the children back to America, leaving a devastated Louie behind.
          Vivienne blackmails Judith. She may not be too different from her husband and sons!
          Written by Carmel Callan.
          Director Jonathan Wright Miller.
          Location Director Alan Robinson.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Im finding Fair City very boring at the moment, im not to pushed about missing it like i use to be. Anyone else feeling its gone downhill ALOT! Then again all the soaps are a bit boring atm!:mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

blondie7 wrote: »
          Im finding Fair City very boring at the moment, im not to pushed about missing it like i use to be. Anyone else feeling its gone downhill ALOT! Then again all the soaps are a bit boring atm!:mad:

Its nearly as boring and stupid right now as it was in the early years. Thats a pity however, as for a while there it was unmissable. Maybe the script writers and those behind the show might have thought as everyone was talking about it for a while, that people would remain watching.

There is need for someone similar if not better than Billy Meehan to be wrote into the show.

• Advertisement
        • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭SoapFan27

Think Neasa has done a brilliant acting job in the last few episodes, will be interesting to see whether she will go back to the type of person she was when she first joined or whether she is changed for life now wearing the hippy skirts all the time !!

Loved the closing scene with Bob, very convincing...he's out of the gutter and won't he enjoy it :D

Not overly impressed with Louie's wife, but like the storyline and am interested to see what the real story is with her.

I see Suzanne is coming back next week, have really grown to hate her character but FC is a bit boring these days so will be good in that sense to have her back and see what she does to get back with Damien. I think the way they showed Mark keeping his fathers photo a while back would suggest that there is more violence to come in this storyline, but who knows?!!

Hope Yvonne gets a decent storyline soon!

I like Phillip, glad he is getting a decent amount of air time.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭blondie7

Deise Tom wrote: »
          Its nearly as boring and stupid right now as it was in the early years. Thats a pity however, as for a while there it was unmissable. Maybe the script writers and those behind the show might have thought as everyone was talking about it for a while, that people would remain watching.

There is need for someone similar if not better than Billy Meehan to be wrote into the show.

I agree Deise Tom i think they took there viewers for granted after the Damien and Suzanne storyline.

I thought Richie Lennon would be the new Billy Meehan type Character but was disappointed when that didnt happen. Perhaps when/if Tracey returns they could introduce a new villian from London or something.
          SoapFan27 wrote: »
          Hope Yvonne gets a decent storyline soon!

I like Phillip, glad he is getting a decent amount of air time.

I was thinking this the other night, Yvonne has been very quite since she came back to Fair City, She needs a new storyline and for the really catty Yvonne to come out.

I like Philip too but am finding the storyline between him and Dearbhla completly pointless. Maybe they could introduce his mother (or did they do this already?)

blondie7 wrote: »

I thought Richie Lennon would be the new Billy Meehan type Character but was disappointed when that didnt happen. Perhaps when/if Tracey returns they could introduce a new villian from London or something.

There will no one come near Billy. For anyone to think Richie Lennon or anyone else would come near him is mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

I think Fair city needs a big storyline at the moment, They have had some great ones in the past, Billy Meehan, Lorcan getting murdered. Still think Carol and Louie are a terrible couple, It's just not realistic. Vivienne Connolly is a nice addition and brings class to the show, Can see her and Louie getting back together and maybe running the pub? Neasa is doing a brilliant job with her current storyline. :)

Sibylla wrote: »
          I think Fair city needs a big storyline at the moment, They have had some great ones in the past, Billy Meehan, Lorcan getting murdered.

It would have to be something that has not been done before in the other soaps i feel. They could have Rachel get pregnant with the Drs son or something like that, but we have seen that with Sarah Lou in Corri.

Would love to see something with Bob involved and maybe Cass as Brian Murray and Eamon Morrissey are both brilliant actors, considerably ahead of the rest in the show and they could make what ever story intersting and if written propperly, believable.

• Advertisement

Sunday
          Carol urges Louie to do the honourable thing and give Ingrid the money. She reminds him what's best for the kids. Zumo prevents Decco and Denzo from burning down the surgery. Decco then announces that he is going to fix it another way. A confused Louie walks in the park and witnesses how loving Ingrid is to her children and how much they depend on her. Bela is saddened at the prospect of Yvonne and Suzanne both leaving Carrigstown.

Decco approaches Caoimhe and lies, saying that he took the prescription pads but that he has now changed. She tells him to get lost when he asks for his Mum's job back and infuriates him when she admits she just helped him with the college applications to get rid of him. Dean advises Ray that he should say he has problems with his manhood to get rid of Eileen. He wrongly takes his advice and tells a disgusted Eileen. A shaken Caoimhe reveals Decco's veiled threat to Judith. Judith is shocked but urges Caoimhe not to reveal this to Tommy.

Bob meets Neasa and suggests a truce because of Tommy's threats. Bela asks Damien to help him persuade Suzanne and Yvonne to stay. Ingird and Louie meet and he tells her he is going to fight for full custody. Ingrid tells him that it will destroy him and he realise she is right and does the correct thing for his children by agreeing to give the money. Eileen talks to Zumo about Ray's 'problem' and how she doesn't see the point of 'getting on a train with no engine in it'. Zumo is embarrassed and appalled by his grandmother's behaviour.

Judith approaches Decco and Zumo has to smooth things over with them when Decco starts to threaten Judith. Damien extends an olive branch to a delighted Suzanne. A delighted Ingrid thanks Carol for all her help with the negotiations. She intimates that she knows something is going on with Carol and Louie. Zumo reveals to Vivienne that Decco threatened Caoimhe and Judith. She attacks him over his behaviour but is taken aback when Zumo suggests that Vivienne should blackmail Judith.

Louie says a heartbreaking goodbye to his children and starts crying in Carol's arms when they leave. Suzanne emotionally blackmails Yvonne into staying. She agrees, saying that they can't desert Bela. Vivienne calls to Judith's house. She tells her that if she doesn't re-employ her she will report her for fraud. Judith coldly gives in, saying that she'll see her tomorrow.

Tuesday
          Bob calls Dean and asks him to call to the Hungry Pig as he needs to speak to him. Esther and Charlie are shocked to learn that Bob owns the HP and he tells them his rise from homelessness was helped by Turlough repaying his debt. Dean arrives, presuming that Bob is going to give him his job back, and is furious when Bob instead requests his set of keys.

Carol and Louie decide to close up McCoys for the day and spend it together. People are shocked when they see a 'closed' sign on the door and Bob maliciously spreads around a rumour that Louie is in serious financial trouble. Finn deflects Keith's questions about his plans for the future but he admits that he is coming into a bit of money. Esther is delighted to hear that the former lap dancing club called Lady Land has closed down.

Outside McCoys Yvonne warns Bob to stop spreading lies about Louie and when she learns that Dean is out of a job she offers him one in Vinos. In McCoys' bedroom Carol and Louie share secrets about their past. A vulnerable Carol reveals how her parents were drunks, how she was a lonely teenager and getting pregnant with Lorcan at such a young age was frightening. Tommy approaches Bob and asks him if he would be interested in meeting a farmer he knows who sells organic products and meat. Bob agrees to meet with him. Dean arrives to collect some of his stuff and Bob kicks him out accusing him of sabotage.

A delighted Finn informs Keith and Orla that he is re-opening Lady Land under new management and he's opening a New York style bar. He asks them to keep it quiet. Suzanne calls to her dad's house and begs him to return to work. She tells him she is staying and wants to work on their relationship. He agrees to try again. They arrive back to Vinos to find that Dean is starting work as well. With Yvonne, Sarah, Suzanne, Bela and Dean now working there, they realise that they have too many people working in Vinos.

Louie and Carol enjoy a romantic bedroom picnic and then dance to '80s music. They revel in the fact that they are on their own and talk about how much they love one another. Bob's insults drive Dean to get his own back on Bob by talking a call from a meat supplier and trebling it. Finn enjoys shocking Esther by telling her that he plans to re-open Lady Land again.

Wednesday
          Dearbhla warns Tommy to get cash up front from Bob. Carol freaks out when she realises she may have lost her wedding ring and Louie questions if Carol is really ready to break up with Christy. Esther tries to persuade Orla to back her campaign to stop Lady Land re-opening. She accuses Orla of putting money before morals. Dean tells Yvonne that he is heading over to the HP to watch Bob get his comeuppance.

Yvonne bumps into Louie and asks him why he closed. She tells him that Bob has started a rumour saying he helped Louie out because he was in financial difficulty. In the Hungry Pig, Bob accuses Dean of loitering and a furious Louie confronts Bob about the rumours. Louie tells him to be careful as business relies on good reputation. In Vinos, Sarah tries to cover her irritation about Bela's inadequacies. In McCoys, Louie and Carol agree the best way to break up with Christy is not to reveal the affair.

Bob discovers Dean has ordered too many burgers for the HP. Dean is delighted to watch Bob simmer about it. Tommy then arrives and hands him a small box of organic burgers for a sample. Tommy gives him an idea to hand out burgers to promote the establishment, but he insists that the organic burgers should be involved. Sarah is frustrated when Dean refuses to help her finish early as she has a feature that she needs to write for a newspaper the following day.

Bela meets a woman, Grace, in the nursing home who cheers him up with her words of wisdom. Bob stops a homeless man and gives him a burger. Sarah spots this and he allows her to write an article about Bob's recent homelessness. She pushes him to tell her his lowest moment. Suzanne lies and assures Bela he is doing a good job at Vinos. Finn reveals that he'll use Esther's campaign as free publicity but Orla confronts Esther about the name-and-shame approach to her protest. After talking to Christy, Carol is unable to control her fear of breaking up with him. Carol and Louie share their last night of passion before Christy's return.

Thursday
          Esther reads the article about Bob and compliments him for how he's trying to change. She bumps into Finn but he dismisses her ability to damage Lady Land. Carol panics at the idea of Christy's imminent return. Suzanne realises that Dean has been covering for Bela's mistakes in Vinos. Sarah stands up for Bob when Cass tries to take advantage of the free food. Tommy pushes Bob to call his friend about the organic burgers. Sarah then offends Bela when she questions his usefulness in Vinos. He tells her he is not ready for the rubbish heap yet.

Carol is stunned when Christy arrives back with Ali and Lorcan as a surprise. He is early so she hides the bag she was packing. Ali announces she is going to be a bridesmaid and Lorcan a ring bearer for the wedding. Carol doesn't know what to do when Ali goes into bridesmaid mode. Bob speaks to Esther and asks if she would be interested in teaming up with him for a slim star low fat burger. Tommy approaches Bob and he pretends he has found a new local organic supplier. Tommy is furious that he broke the deal.

Christy watches Ali and Carol talk and hides his concern at whether Carol and Louie are still together. Finn and Esther clash over Lady Land and Esther calls Finn disgusting. Orla warns Finn that he is going too far. Yvonne learns what Sarah said about Bela and immediately confronts her and fires her. Christy forces Carol to go to McCoys and Louie and Carol hide their turmoil as Christy stakes his claim to her.

Sarah meets Bob and tells her that Yvonne fired her. Bob offers her an opportunity of a job if she gets publicity for the organic versus non organic event he is having on Sunday. Christy deflects Ali's concerns about Carol when she questions why she is so quiet. Ali talks to Carol and realises she has cold feet. She tells her not to worry and that she'll get over it. She tells her Christy is the best decision she has ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Hope they wont be a stupid storyline between Bob and Neasa, where there is blackmail and she will have to sleep with him or something.

I am tying my flag to the mast on this one..

I want Bob to hook up with Yvonne. They would be a perfect match :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

angel01 wrote: »
          I am tying my flag to the mast on this one..

I want Bob to hook up with Yvonne. They would be a perfect match :)

I wonder how that would work out? With Bob having a vendetta against Louie and Yvonne still liking Louie. Maybe if they got together and Bob told Yvonne about Louie's affair with Carol, Yvonne might join forces with Bob against Louie. (I think she still has feelings for Louie and she might be jealous)

I wonder how that would work out? With Bob having a vendetta against Louie and Yvonne still liking Louie. Maybe if they got together and Bob told Yvonne about Louie's affair with Carol, Yvonne might join forces with Bob against Louie. (I think she still has feelings for Louie and she might be jealous)

See this relationship has legs already.. I think they are both characters who are very well matched, look out for number 1 and If the Carol thing is revealed.. Yvonne will want revenge!

I think all these cosy chats about Ingrid to Carol just point to Yvonne wanting Louie back and I think her and Bob would work.. I would love to see the nasty back stabbing Yvonne back and who better to bring that side of her out than Bob :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Is Finn a wolf in sheeps clothing.....?

I still think he's a Richie Lennon plant.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

deelite wrote: »
          Is Finn a wolf in sheeps clothing.....?

I still think he's a Richie Lennon plant.

Did we ever find out about his involvement with the Bishops when he first arrived?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭reera82

Seeing as it took Neasa approximately 4 weeks to fall for, move in and plan to marry Turlough, it should take her about the same amount of time to get over him. Quit yo whining girl!! Never meet anyone ever ever ever again?? Pftttt

Hope we get to hear the punchline of Deans joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Colgate girl was looking good in that green dress tonight.. Almost as good looking as her sister.

• Advertisement
        • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Hope we get to hear the punchline of Deans joke.

"A police recruit is asked during an exam, "What would you do if you had to arrest your own mother-in-law?" He replies, "I'd call for backup."

"A police recruit is asked during an exam, "What would you do if you had to arrest your own mother-in-law?" He replies, "I'd call for backup."

Lol! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

bob and yvonne? no no no no no no .. sorry .. that would be too much for me lol i can see your point definitely... but no..... no... just no.. lol

--

i really though zak should have gone and given his sister a hug..
          liked the jibes between deegan, zumo & ray. i like ray, he's a real character :)

Are the Emergency services in Dublin so hard up that they are still driving around in 1970's or 1980's reg vechiles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Deise Tom wrote: »
          Are the Emergency services in Dublin so hard up that they are still driving around in 1970's or 1980's reg vechiles.

Carrigstown is a ficticious town on the north side.. If it was a ficticious town on the south side they would have been 00s..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Did we ever find out about his involvement with the Bishops when he first arrived?

No - it was never revealed. I'd love to know where his money is coming from - I wonder is it dirty money...:D

bob and yvonne? no no no no no no .. sorry .. that would be too much for me lol i can see your point definitely... but no..... no... just no.. lol

--

i really though zak should have gone and given his sister a hug..
          liked the jibes between deegan, zumo & ray. i like ray, he's a real character :)

I am all for Bob and Yvonne, whats so wrong with it? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭A.Partridge

Ha ha ha ....:D

Watched Russell last night.

Couldn't help thinking when he came in and sat down as Ingrid's 'lawyer' how

much he looked like Jim Carrey !

Liar ! Liar !

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Ha ha ha ....:D

Watched Russell last night.

Couldn't help thinking when he came in and sat down as Ingrid's 'lawyer' how

much he looked like Jim Carrey !

Liar ! Liar !

:D:D:D

OMG!! Thank you!!! It was driving me crazy trying to figure out who he reminded me of!!!

• Advertisement
        • Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Wonder will FC get a bit more exciting with Suzanne been back?

This discussion has been closed.
        Advertisement