Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Louis hasn't mentioned his kids in years.....now all of a sudden he's distraught that he hasn't been able to see them...I'd even forgotten he had kids:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

cordub wrote: »
    what happened tourlough????
    He was killed by a mirror falling on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Louis hasn't mentioned his kids in years.....now all of a sudden he's distraught that he hasn't been able to see them...I'd even forgotten he had kidsconfused.gif

I never knew he had kids until now :confused:

I never knew he had kids until now :confused:
    His kids have American accents, well one does, it so fake!! i thought Bill's accent was bad!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Uuuughh!! Caoimhe irritates me so much!!! It's like she's auditioning for a cheesy teen American growing pains drama all the time. She's short of holding her palm up and saying "whateveeeer". She's awful!

• Advertisement

pavcro10 wrote: »
    Uuuughh!! Caoimhe irritates me so much!!! It's like she's auditioning for a cheesy teen American growing pains drama all the time. She's short of holding her palm up and saying "whateveeeer". She's awful!

She good looking lass though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Question: Why is it that characters never seem to order FOOD in Vinos? It is a restaurant, right? And yet in tonights episode, Nease was brooding over a coffee, Bella came in and was offered a coffee, Louis walked in on ex-wife and her partner drinking coffee and finally Bob was having-you guessed it- a coffee! It has to be some sort of in-joke, i have never seen a character order food once, what the hell is that about.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Ah now Damo & Dean had tapas there for lunch the other day.
    Judith Dillon drives me mental.
    This Eileen & Ray thing is turning me off my dinner!

Kazbah wrote: »
    Ah now Damo & Dean had tapas there for lunch the other day.
    Judith Dillon drives me mental.
    This Eileen & Ray thing is turning me off my dinner!
    That little twerp Zak Dillon drives me mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

I actually think the new family have settled in well as characters on the show, i wasn't sure at first what to make of them but the parents and Neasa in particular have strong acting ability and i find the storylines interesting, what do people here make of them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

In fairness they're all woeful. I used to be able to tolerate Tommy but even he is too much for me with the Bob Charles thing.

As if noone has copped on that Carol is nearly living in Louis's arse pocket! Though I like her new hairdo.

I actually think the new family have settled in well as characters on the show, i wasn't sure at first what to make of them but the parents and Neasa in particular have strong acting ability and i find the storylines interesting, what do people here make of them?

The Neasa and Thurlough storyline is very poor, she only knew him a month!! Cant stand Zak too

STIG83 wrote: »
    That little twerp Zak Dillon drives me mad.

I know! The plummy accent on him! You'd swear he went to Eton

Kazbah wrote: »
    In fairness they're all woeful. I used to be able to tolerate Tommy but even he is too much for me with the Bob Charles thing.

As if noone has copped on that Carol is nearly living in Louis's arse pocket! Though I like her new hairdo.

My thoughts exactly re the Dillons.
    There was a scene last week i think, where Carol and Louie were siddled up to each other, whispering sweet nothings into one anothers ears, while they were both working behind the bar. My OH even said "No one is supposed to know these two are having it off am i right?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Can't wait to see how Ray's gonna let Eileen Bishop down without the "rottweilers" know:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 86,204 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The one who plays Nessa's acting is brutal

I didnt mind the parents at first but now the writers have gone ott with them, I cant stand the lot of them

Does anyone think Dean and Suzanne might get together at some stage?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

I didnt mind the parents at first but now the writers have gone ott with them, I cant stand the lot of them

Catherine Byrne, is that her name, Dr Judith, is a very good actress, but the standard of writing she gets and indeed others get is so sh!t, its unbelievable. Come on script writers get the fingers out and get some good stories and good writing going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

He was killed by a mirror falling on him.

It was a bit of ridiculous way to die, on reflection... :D

pavcro10 wrote: »
    I know! The plummy accent on him! You'd swear he went to Eton

Its so unrealistic, he suppposed to be a farmers son, Tommy is definitely not a farmer type, they from Kilkenny none of them have the accent or even a culchie accent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

What is it with Eileen Bishop's accent:confused:

That scene last night, where she was talking to Ray and agreeing to meet in the pub later, her pronunciation of words was atrocious (Dis & Dat, but worse than that!!!). The woman herself, is from Dublin I assume - but her p$ss-take of the Dublin accent is an insult to all us Dubliners!!

And what's with her 'make-over'?? Her apron has disappeared (thank God!) but it's like she's a whole new character, just coz of this Ray storyline....another story that is not at all believable.

And as I already said, the mayhem because Neasa wasn't in her bedroom last night - seriously scriptwriters, this storyline is dreadful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Is it just me or does anyone else think that Neasa is gonna find out that she is pregnant with Turloughs' baby?????

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

max life wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else think that Neasa is gonna find out that she is pregnant with Turloughs' baby?????

Would answer afed questions that some had a few weeks ago when news of this big romance got out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

max life wrote: »

NO!

It's Fair City you're watching not Home and Away :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Hmmmm! I did think about that the other night. Dean is a selfish asshole, but I don't think he would do that to Damien

Anyone see Aisling O Neill on The Daily Show this evening?, she sounds nothing like Carol!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Anyone see Aisling O Neill on The Daily Show this evening?, she sounds nothing like Carol!!

No but thanks for telling me... going to watch now!

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1092661

She sounds so different....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

She has a bit of Carol in her all the same..

RTE soap star called garda 'fat bitch' in station (from 2002)
    RTE soap star Aisling O'Neill was yesterday ordered to make a €250 donation to a Garda fund after she admitted committing public order offences.
    O'Neill (28), who plays Carol in 'Fair City,' appeared in Dun Laoghaire district court charged with being drunk in a public place and with insulting and abusive behaviour. The court heard she was abusive when she arrived into the resort's busy garda station in the early hours while her boyfriend was in custody.

Would have been class if Billy Meehan had picked her up from the courthouse..

She has a bit of Carol in her all the same..

RTE soap star called garda 'fat bitch' in station (from 2002)

Would have been class if Billy Meehan had picked her up from the courthouse..
    Billy Meehan was the man!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Billy Meehan was the man!!

Just watching those scenes back, show how convincing he was and how brilliant that storyline was...

I love Aisling, racy top she was wearing ;):eek:

• Advertisement

angel01 wrote: »
    Just watching those scenes back, show how convincing he was and how brilliant that storyline was...

I love Aisling, racy top she was wearing ;):eek:

When Carol and Billy were doing any of the abuse scenes they were way more intense than Damien and Suzanne.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement