Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I hope Ingrid comes back. Not only is she stunning, but also is a decent actress...And also an interesting character.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

max life wrote: »
    I cant believe that nobody in Carrigstown ( apart from Bob and Neasa ) has copped on about Louie and Carol having an affair. Even when she is not working in the pub, they are still always together. When they are both behind the bar, they are standing together like a couple, whispering to each other. Talk about obvious. Only Ingrid thought they were together.

Christy knows as well

Whats the chances that Fair City will come up with an orgional storyline in the next few weeks, something like Carol gets pregnant and does not know if Christy or Louie is the father.

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Christy knows as well
    Yeah i forgot about Christy. But he didnt suspect anything. He only found out because he overheard them. But i meant that even just the way they are around each other, its SO obvious they was something between them. They are not very secretive.

Whats the chances that Fair City will come up with an orgional storyline in the next few weeks, something like Carol gets pregnant and does not know if Christy or Louie is the father.
    The script-writing has got so lazy in the last couple of months that they will probably run with your suggestion.

• Advertisement

The script-writing has got so lazy in the last couple of months that they will probably run with your suggestion.

Why do you think i said orgional.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Seemingly the actor who plays Barry also does radio work:

http://dublinsouthfm.ie/shows/105/A-Life-Less-Ordinary

• Registered Users Posts: 86,203 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes I can see this happening also and it would be better than Nessa preggers by Turlough

Is Carol a bit too old for the pregnancy lark though? :o be nice for her after losing Lorcan though... a little mini Louie... how cute :D

00044b0d-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 037

Tuesday 1st March

Relishing his new position, Bob summons Dean to the Hungry Pig. Could it be a job offer?
    Esther and Charlie find the Hungry Pig less appealing because of the new owner.
    Carol and Louie enjoy a duvet day.
    Suzanne asks Bela to take up his job in Vinos. Will that mean less hours for Sarah?
    Esther celebrates the closure of Ladyland, as Finn celebrates a new business venture.
    Tommy makes Bob a business proposition.
    Written by Sian Quill.

00044b0e-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 038

Wednesday 2nd March

Finn enjoys being on Esther's vendetta list.
      Esther tries to recruit Orla in her campaign.
      As Louie finally comes up for air, he discovers that Bob has been stoking the flames of gossip.
      Sarah gets a writing gig.
      And Bela slows down in Vinos, as he starts to feel his age.
      Dean gets his own back on Bob Charles, but a resourceful Bob turns it into a publicity stunt.
      Sarah finds an angle for an article.
      Louie and Carol plan her break up, and enjoy their last night before Christy returns.
      Written by James McCreadie.

00044b0f-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 039

Thursday 3rd March

Esther praises Bob on trying to make a change.
        Carol is in a panic over Christy's imminent return.
        Orla and Keith warn Finn of the 'power of Esther'.
        Sarah offends Bela and incurs the wrath of Yvonne Doyle.
        Christy arrives home early, and not alone.
        Carol breaks down in front of Ali, and confides in her about her 'cold feet'.
        Written by Rachel Kilfeather.

00044b10-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 040

Sunday 6th March

Ali offers to take over the wedding preparations to relieve Carol of her stress.
          Keith spills the beans on Finn to Esther.
          Louie tackles Carol on her lack of contact.
          Feeling patronised by his daughters, Bela storms out of Vinos and looks for consolation from Charlie and his new friend Grace.
          The Hungry Pig debuts their new organic range.
          Carol tells Ali about her other man.
          Tommy does some investigative work.
          Esther goes into business with Bob.
          And Christy brings Bermuda to Carol.
          Christy plays the family card, has he trumped Louie?
          Written by Deirdre Alexander.
          Directed by Shirley Dalton.
          Location Director Trevor Laffey.

Love the first pic ;):D

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
          Yes I can see this happening also and it would be better than Nessa preggers by Turlough

There could be a baby boom, both born the same day in the same hospital, both are either boys or girls and both are mixed up in the hospital.

angel01 wrote: »
          Is Carol a bit too old for the pregnancy lark though? :o be nice for her after losing Lorcan though... a little mini Louie... how cute :D

What age is she. If she had Lorcan very young which i think she had (did they say once she was 14 or 15) that would mean that Carol now would be in her late 30's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

00044b0d-545.jpg

om nom nom :pac::pac::pac:

yea pregnancy stories would be gas!
          definitely neasa/turlough though! though louie/carol/christy would be interesting too! farrah could have a sibling 30 years or more younger than her lol!

louie's crying scene was a bit weak. i was kinda cringing at the corniness. vivienne connolly was excellent, i wish she could stay!

i thought the feet rubbing was hella weird! that's more of a boyfriend/girlfriend thing... not father daughter! ewwww...

listen to an interview right now with the actress who plays Jo interviewed by the actor who plays Barry http://dublinsouthfm.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Oh lord no.

Louis in his trackkie bottoms with the waistband of his boxers showing:eek:

Has turned me off my lunch.

Fittle wrote: »
          Oh lord no.

Louis in his trackkie bottoms with the waistband of his boxers showing:eek:

Has turned me off my lunch.

Certainly not turned me off mine :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

Certainly not turned me off mine :D:D

ditto :D:D:D

What age is she. If she had Lorcan very young which i think she had (did they say once she was 14 or 15) that would mean that Carol now would be in her late 30's.
          I think she would probably be around 40. I think she looks older though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I think she would probably be around 40. I think she looks older though.

I think they said she arrived in Fair City when she was 28 so she should be in her late 30s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

There could be a baby boom, both born the same day in the same hospital, both are either boys or girls and both are mixed up in the hospital.

Yeah and imagine if Ray did "the bould thing" with Eileen Bishop and she was preggers as well????? Lol!

• Advertisement
        • Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Yeah and imagine if Ray did "the bould thing" with Eileen Bishop and she was preggers as well????? Lol!

Jesus, there would have to be a 'star in the East' for that miracle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭cordub

jos28 wrote: »
          Jesus, there would have to be a 'star in the East' for that miracle :D
          AH lads your stretching the imagination a bit far now thought eastenders was bad with the swapping baby story line lol:D:D

Sunday

Carol begs Ali not to stir up trouble over her doubts. Ali tells her she will take over the wedding preparations to relieve Carol of her stress. Louie then looks for Carol, hoping to get some reassurance that Carol isn't having second thoughts. Bela and Yvonne argue and he tells her she was wrong to fire Sarah. Dean makes him feel worse when he admits that he met Sarah and she is devastated to be out of a job.

Sarah produces the promotional HP material and he tells her that he is looking for something different. Carol covers up her angst when Christy prevents her from seeing Louie. He pressures her into spending a day with the family so she can't see Louie. Ali tells Christy not to worry and that she wouldn't marry him if she didn't want to. A worried Keith warns Finn that he shouldn't underestimate Esther and the power of her protests. But Finn makes matters worse by giving Esther a blanket to keep herself warm when she is 'naming and shaming'.

Bob and Sarah haggle over her new job as manager of the HP. They prepare for the customers who are arriving for the taste test, but Tommy's suspicions about Bob's organic burgers increase. Sarah tells him she won't sell him out if she makes him manager. Ali and Carol walk in the park and Ali pushes Carol to tell her what's wrong. A distraught Carol breaks the news of the affair to Ali. She tries to defend her relationship with Louie but Ali tells her that Louie is only using her and that she should stay with loyal and faithful Christy.

Bela feels like his daughters are patronising him and quits Vinos. He goes into the nursing home and tells Charlie and Grace what happened. They urge Bela not to give up work. Bob is delighted with the turn-out for the promotion and Tommy and Dearbhla investigate whether they are organic burgers. Tommy tells Bob he is going to tell the journalist that his burgers are not organic. Defeated, Bob changes the name from organic to gourmet.

Keith tells Esther that Finn has been leading her along and Esther tells him that she hates liars. Orla tells Finn he is in deep trouble. Finn smoothes things over with Esther, saying that she made him change her mind. In Phelans, Carol, Ali and Lorcan enjoy a special day that Christy organised. She is torn by Christy's devotion to her. Louie calls to Phelans and lies that he needs Carol to work a shift. Christy denies them the chance to be together.

Tuesday
          Louie tells Carol that he has heard all the excuses he possibly can and the wedding is nearing with no sign of her calling it off. Pete regrets telling Dolores that he wants to eat healthier when she gives him a bowl of muesli. Esther is flattered by Finn when he asks her to help him name his new pub. She instructs Charlie and Cass about how they should respect Lent and not make gluttons of themselves. Ali reassures Christy that Carol loves him.

Jo and Dolores decide to do something for Hungintons in memory of Jo's sister. She wonders if she can use some of the profit from The Helping Hand. But Dolores is adamant that they cannot use the money, much to Jo's dismay. Finn tries to get Keith to help him with a few odd jobs in his new club. Keith demands €25 an hour and Finn tells him to forget about it. Bob annoys Carol by 'innocently' asking for a wedding invite. He wishes her a long and happy life with Christy. In McCoys, Louie feels really awkward when Ray approaches him about Christy's stag night. He pretends that he's working.

A delighted Orla is hired as a part time marketing manager of Finn's nightclub. She insists to a wary Keith that she can handle the extra duties of the club. Louie accosts Carol about the stag night and asks if she is still in love with Christy. He is devastated when Carol tells him she doesn't know and she's very confused. Cass becomes a glutton and overindulges on the pancakes in the Hungry Pig.

Yvonne indirectly tells Louie that he is a fighting man and he needs to take action and fight for the one he loves. A determined Louie goes to Phelans to confront Christy about the affair but is stopped by Ali interfering. Carol kicks him out. Esther challenges Pete, Wayne, Sarah and Cass to give up something for Lent, but Pete and Cass agree to make false sacrifices. Barry meets Jo in the community centre and agrees to help her with her fundraising event.

Orla calls to the new venue and is shocked when she sees how unprepared the place is. She doesn't think they will be ready for the opening on St. Patrick's Day. Keith advises Finn to help with the workload. Carol confides in Ali that she cannot choose between Christy and Louie. Ali tells her that she can see she still loves Christy. Ali then goes to McCoys and approaches Louie saying that he is only a fling to Carol. She tells him to let Carol go. Dolores is shocked to find that Pete and Cass have been deceiving Esther.

Wednesday
          Louie observes Carol being charmed by Christy. He simmers when he sees Carol kissing Christy. Barry is irked when people keep referring to the fact that he has loads of free time and asking if he can work in the Helping Hand. Ali challenges Carol about her love for Christy and Louie. Finn feigns interest in Wayne's ideas about a joint venture into the hair dressing business.

In McCoys Christie makes a big demonstration of his love for Carol, by showing Louie a scrapbook of clippings of him and Carol together. Wayne tells Esther that Pete and Cass were pretending to give different items up for Lent and tells her and Charlie he has a plan on how to get them back. Barry gets insulted when Jo gives him a list of jobs to do. Dolores reminds her that she is not employing him so she can't treat him in that manner. Finn gives in and hires Pete and Damien to finish the venue.

Louie confuses Yvonne and gives her mixed messages when he says he met the woman of his dreams but she has rejected him. He goes to the park and approaches Carol apologising for putting pressure on her and they resolve to tell Christy together. Ali interrupts and stops Carol from going along with it. Carol walks away leaving Louie broken-hearted. Later Ali convinces Carol that Louie will break her heart and she should stick with Christy. An apologetic Jo approaches Barry in the community centre and reassures him of his value to the fundraising campaign.

Wayne bad mouths Orla to Finn in an attempt to steal her jobs. He then approaches Keith and implies to him that it wouldn't be a good idea for Finn and Orla to work together. Pete and Cass turn the tables on Esther and suggest that they will give up something if she stops gossiping. Carol calls to Louie and apologises for walking off earlier. He tells her it's too late and breaks it off with her. He tells her to leave him and go back to Christy.

Thursday
          Carol informs Ali and Orla that she doesn't want a hen and struggles to act normally. Ali warns Carol to pull herself together. In Vinos Keith gets annoyed when Wayne notes that Finn and Orla are bonding over work. Finn announces that March 24 is the date for the opening of the venue. Jo meets Barry in the community centre and is delighted with Barry's 'compassion fashion' idea. Later a disappointed Jo accuses Dermot of being too negative about the show.

Wayne, Cass and Pete can't agree on giving up their vows. Cass demands that they quit together. Carol announces to a delighted Christy that she is going to quit McCoys. Christy tells a dishevelled Louie that Carol will no longer work with him. Charlie tries to be diplomatic when Esther questions if she's a gossip. Louie asks Neasa to come back to McCoys but she tells him it has too many memories for her. Finn then spots Neasa and asks her if she will host his new venue and she tells him she'll think about it.

Louie calls to Carol and tells her that even though he has lost her, the heartache is worth it. She gets upset but Christy walks in before any more can be said. Louie leaves and Christy tells Carol that he loves her and he wants to forget about the past and focus on the future. Orla reassures Keith that she is keeping her work with Finn purely professional. Yvonne tells Carol that she and Orla are going to organise a hen for her and there is nothing she can do about it.

Pete, Wayne and Cass stake money on their ability to make Lenten sacrifices. Dolores is impressed by their determination, unaware there is a bet on it. Dermot makes amends with Jo by offering his best suit for her fundraiser. He tells her and Barry they will make the event work. Christy cries with relief when he realises that Carol really wants to marry him.

Looks like Fair City may be coming back to the RTE Player :D:D
          'FAIR City' actors are in line for extra pay in return for agreeing to the soap being put on the RTE online player.

Billed as the most comprehensive online TV catch-up service, the RTE Player does not currently offer the broadcaster's flagship soap. That is despite it offering users past-episodes of UK soaps including 'EastEnders' and 'The Bill' as well as Australian and New Zealand series 'Home & Away', 'Doctors', and 'Shortland Street'.

An RTE spokeswoman said: "We currently don't have on-demand rights for 'Fair City' on the RTE Player.

"For those fans who have missed an episode of 'Fair City', they can catch a repeat the following day at 3pm on RTE One."

Cast members are likely to be in line for extra pay in return for agreement on the online rights, though no figures have been disclosed. A station source explained the "on-demand rights" issue relates to existing contracts.

"It's a brand new online platform which hadn't even been thought of when the contracts were originally being drawn up for 'Fair City'. That's why more recent RTE shows like 'Raw' are available on the RTE Player but not 'Fair City'," said the RTE source.

However the RTE spokeswoman said the station hoped to resolve the matter "soon" after the rights package "had been agreed with all parties in 'Fair City'".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Was thinking this the other day, has the issue of suicide ever been in a storyline in FC?

STIG83 wrote: »
          Was thinking this the other day, has the issue of suicide ever been in a storyline in FC?

Yes, they covered it here:

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-60397294.html

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4161/is_19980510/ai_n14476663/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Of course!! Dr Jack, the phycho doctor!! He was no Billy Meehan though

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

There was also a guy in prison - for racially motivated arson, I think - who hanged himself. It wasn't particularly well done, as far as I remember.

What I'd like to see is a more serious approach to the subject. It's one thing to depict the suicides of a psychopath, or someone terminally ill. But most of the many suicides in Ireland don't fall into those categories. Imagine if we saw a character we knew well gradually slip into depression and suicide, with all the horror that entails for them and for everyone who knew them. It could be exceptionally powerful, and I really think many of the writers and actors could do a good job with it.

The problem is that depicting suicide on screen, however sensitively, seems to carry a huge danger of encouraging people to follow suit. That's a hell of a responsibility for a soap to take. You'd want to be really certain that you knew what you were doing.

There was also a guy in prison - for racially motivated arson, I think - who hanged himself.
          That was Morgan ( i think that was his name ). He was Suzannes' boyfriend. He burnt down the house of Gabriel, who was asleep in the house at the time. He was sent to prison and hanged himself in the cell he shared with Mick.

• Advertisement

Would love Fair City to explore the idea of having a long term character gay/lesbian (I know they did the Yvonne thing but that was half hearted) and I would love to see if one of the Bishops turned out to be gay.. I was thinking Zumo or Denzo first off..

I know Zumo had the dallience with Lara but I think it would be a good storyline to have someone deemed so tough & hard and would love to see how that storyline could be handled...:)

This discussion has been closed.
        Advertisement