Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

angel01 wrote: »
    Would love Fair City to explore the idea of having a long term character gay/lesbian (I know they did the Yvonne thing but that was half hearted) and I would love to see if one of the Bishops turned out to be gay.. I was thinking Zumo or Denzo first off..

I know Zumo had the dallience with Lara but I think it would be a good storyline to have someone deemed so tough & hard and would love to see how that storyline could be handled...:)

Would be too like Emmerdale if one of the Bishops were gay. Emmerdale has one of the Dingles gay. All the soaps cant have one of the hard familes with a gay member.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Would be too like Emmerdale if one of the Bishops were gay. Emmerdale has one of the Dingles gay. All the soaps cant have one of the hard familes with a gay member.

I watch Fair City, not Emmerdale, Corrie or Eastenders so why can't one of the Bishops be gay? :confused: I have no interest in those soaps I have listed, I don't have a clue about what their storylines are, I watch Fair City. :)

I would like this idea explored.. Philip would have been another character that I think could deal with this storyline well..

I am intrigued to what this big storyline could be coming up with Jo & Dermot. :)

I watch Fair City, not Emmerdale, Corrie or Eastenders so why can't one of the Bishops be gay? :confused: I have no interest in those soaps I have listed, I don't have a clue about what their storylines are, I watch Fair City. :)

I would like this idea explored.. Philip would have been another character that I think could deal with this storyline well..

I am intrigued to what this big storyline could be coming up with Jo & Dermot. :)

All i am pointing out is that the idea of a hard family member coming out as been gay in a soap has been done and would be silly re doing it, as most people watch most if not all the soaps. Philip could be the ideal person to have as the Gay character if there was one.

All i am pointing out is that the idea of a hard family member coming out as been gay in a soap has been done and would be silly re doing it, as most people watch most if not all the soaps. Philip could be the ideal person to have as the Gay character if there was one.

I think most soaps cover a lot of the same storylines and no one soap is unique with covering things that noone else will.. maybe Brookside were unique with the body under the patio :D but other than that.. I would like to see a good storyline with a lot of angst to do with being gay and showing a true reality because the Yvonne storyline was very half hearted and now totally forgotten that she was so "in love" with Connie :rolleyes:

I think Philip would be a good person to deal with this storyline :)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,203 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Jo having an affair with Barry :p

Does Yvonne know about Carol and Louie?

• Advertisement

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Jo having an affair with Barry :p

Does Yvonne know about Carol and Louie?

After him interviewing her, anything is possible :D

No, Yvonne doesn't know.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,203 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Where did Finn get all his money from?

I am wondering that too.. he came over on holidays I thought and now suddenly he is not going back.. I was thinking that maybe the Bishops were involved and it was the underworld he was involved with but that storyline seems to have gone nowhere :(

They describe him in the cast page as:

Keith's little brother Finn is a risk-taker determined to have a good time. His life as a New York fireman was exciting, but marred by tragedy.

So unless he took risks and won a lot of money? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 REDWEB

After him interviewing her, anything is possible :D

No, Yvonne doesn't know.

Have it on good authority that Jo will be having an affair. Should be on screen in next 2/3 weeks. Deepthroat(!) would not however relinquish with whom she would be having the affair...Hardly Barry???

Have to say this storyline is coming a bit out of leftfield for me. I know that in soapland there is no such thing as a happy marriage but Jo and Dermot? Come on!!

Thoughts on who the affair might be with??

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

He won it in a pool game against Dean. Leo had given Dean money/shares in the garage to use to set up his own business and Dean used it on the game of pool against Finn.

• Advertisement

REDWEB wrote: »
    Have it on good authority that Jo will be having an affair. Should be on screen in next 2/3 weeks. Deepthroat(!) would not however relinquish with whom she would be having the affair...Hardly Barry???

Have to say this storyline is coming a bit out of leftfield for me. I know that in soapland there is no such thing as a happy marriage but Jo and Dermot? Come on!!

Thoughts on who the affair might be with??

From reading the above spoilers, I think it will be Barry (he hasnt had a big storyline in a while) and I love Jo & Dermot together :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Brilliant from Bob at the start tonight.. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭julyjane

max life wrote: »
    That was Morgan ( i think that was his name ). He was Suzannes' boyfriend. He burnt down the house of Gabriel, who was asleep in the house at the time. He was sent to prison and hanged himself in the cell he shared with Mick.

Similar story in Ros na Rún last year, also badly done IMO. Donnacha was on trial for a murder he didn't commit, the final day of the trial new evidence came to light which proved his innocence but, in true soap style, when they came to his cell to release him they found him hanging.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Carol and Louis are nauseating!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

They rang Dean on his mobile to confirm the order for The Hungry Pig (which everybody now seems to be referring to as "The Pig".) ... Surely Louis would be able to sue him???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

does anyone remember when Louis was in Glenroe?

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

I know I'm alone here, but Bob is actually starting to annoy me. He's like a panto villain at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    does anyone remember when Louis was in Glenroe?
    Yeah i remember him battering his brother with a shovel...Great scene:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

max life wrote: »
    Yeah i remember him battering his brother with a shovel...Great scene:)

He was Ray O Driscoll and killed his brother Oliver.

STIG83 wrote: »
    He was Ray O Driscoll and killed his brother Oliver.

The mother tried to cover it up.

I wish Glenroe would come out on DVD.

• Advertisement

The mother tried to cover it up.

I wish Glenroe would come out on DVD.

Didnt they say he threw the body into a slurry pit?

Didnt they say he threw the body into a slurry pit?

think the mother (Lizzie) helped Ray get rid of the body.

Any chance RTE would start a rerun of Glenroe? Well Holy God!!

Any chance RTE would start a rerun of Glenroe? Well Holy God!!

RTE should show it from the start next year to celebrate its 50th. They could also show Fair City and some of its other top rated programmes from the past.

RTE should show it from the start next year to celebrate its 50th. They could also show Fair City and some of its other top rated programmes from the past.

I really want to see that programme was on in the 90s it was called Family, it was mentioned yesterday on The Daily Show cos Sean McGinley was on yesterday. And i dont think its on DVD

I really want to see that programme was on in the 90s it was called Family, it was mentioned yesterday on The Daily Show cos Sean McGinley was on yesterday. And i dont think its on DVD

I want Wanderly Wagon. I got named in one of the Christmas programmes.

I want Wanderly Wagon. I got named in one of the Christmas programmes.

http://www.bridgestores.ie/the_best_of_rtes_wanderly_wagon_vol1.html

This might be a help

On Home Ground was a good show, Amy Huberman and Jonathan Byrne AKA Floyd Phelan from FC were in it and Sean McGinley too

A dedicated RTE Gold digital channel would be great for repeating archive programmes.

Wouldn't cost them much to set up and I'd say they'd get the viewers.

• Advertisement

A dedicated RTE Gold digital channel would be great for repeating archive programmes.

Wouldn't cost them much to set up and I'd say they'd get the viewers.

There was one bout 10 years ago IIRC, it was called Tara Televison, there was some legal battle and it was cut, they were showing repeats of FC from the early days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement