Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Oh.
    Ok:)

Well...it's still pretty well done for an Irish soap:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

There is an interesting article in one of the sunday papers today about the cost of making FC per episode. I thinks its in the Sunday Mirror. I thought it would be a bit cheaper to make.

How much is it? Didn't get the Mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Fittle wrote: »
    How much is it? Didn't get the Mirror.
    Basically, it costs 58,554 euro per episode to make. They made 200 episodes last year at total cost of 11,710706 euro. But they reckon they make a profit on it due to advertisements.

max life wrote: »
    Basically, it costs 58,554 euro per episode to make. They made 200 episodes last year at total cost of 11,710706 euro. But they reckon they make a profit on it due to advertisements.

WHAT:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

max life wrote: »

This has been mentioned on this thread before. Also Dot Cotton off EastEnders gets 300,000 per year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭thesultan

How long is Ali back in the soap for>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

thesultan wrote: »
    How long is Ali back in the soap for>

Probably just enough time to get the leg over Finn;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

Ali's accent drives me up the wall, and do kids grow up fast in soaps? last time we saw Lorcan Jr, he was a toddler now he is walking and talking, and he and Ali left the show bout a year ago to go to England?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

This show has really gone down hill lately, I've mentioned before the Carol and Louie storyline just isn't working in any way. The writers need to seriously focus on continuity regarding story lines. A big plot is needed to shake things up, Perhaps bring back some old characters? Any suggestions?

• Advertisement

Who the hell is your one talking to Charlie and Bela?

Sibylla wrote: »
    This show has really gone down hill lately, I've mentioned before the Carol and Louie storyline just isn't working in any way. The writers need to seriously focus on continuity regarding story lines. A big plot is needed to shake things up, Perhaps bring back some old characters? Any suggestions?

Renee or Farrah to come back, i had a thing for them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Billy Meehan, Dallas Style.

• €58K to make one episode
    • €100,000 on stars' clothes
    Exclusive by Samuel Hamilton

:rolleyes:
    RTE is still splashing out more than €11million a year on Fair City - despite slashing production costs by 18% over two years

Wow shocking, the use of the word splashing.
    The figures, which were released to the Irish Sunday Mirror under the Freedom of Information Act, show that RTE spent €11,710,706 on 200 episodes of Fair City last year.

Basically Sam wrote to the press office in RTÉ and got some info for €15. Not really exclusive.
    This means that each episode cost a staggering €58,554, when wages and other production costs are taken into consideration.

But wait the 11,710,706 also take those costs into consideration :confused:
    An insider said: "A lot of that money is public cash from the licence fee. RTE would point out that they've brought the cost down. But almost €60,000 per show is still alot to the man in the street."

Why not name the insider? Have you made them up? Do you think RTÉ would care that they are point out the bloody obvious?
    Cost are down from 2009 when bosses at Montrose coughed up a whopping €13,195,512 on 210 episodes of the carrickstown-set series. This worked out at €62,836 an episode. And in 2008, the national broadcaster spent an astonishing €14,268,254 ON 209 episodes of the show - a total of €68,269 an episode.
    We asked RTE to breakdown the figures to show exactly what the cash was being spent on. But they refused, claiming other stations such as commercial rival TV3, could use the information to potentially create their own soap opera to go head-to-head against Fair City

Look TV3 know how much it costs to produce a TV drama, if they don't they really need to think of getting into another industry and handing their licence back to the BAI. Sam you could have easily spoken to someone in other productions or producers of TV drama to see what things are spent on, then this might have been a more informative article.
    Peter Feeney, the FOI Officer at the broadcaster said: "RTE regards that level of information as commerically sensitive. The presence of a domestic family drama in any schedule is an attractive part of that schedule and rival broadcaster, if they had a breakdown could use that information to plan a series of their own. This could have a damaging impact on RTE"
    It is believed that more that €1million is spent each year on extras, and €100,000 on clothes and accessories of the soap's stars.

No way RTÉ employ people on the set of Fair City, that is astonishing! and do you mean to say that the stars of Fair City get all there clothes for free!
    But despite the massive production costs, the show is thought to turn a profit for RTE with the broadcaster able to charge upwards of €7,000 for each 30 second advert slot. This pulls in nearly €20million every year for the station, which relies on both advertising revenue and the money from the licence fee to cover its costs.

Wait didn't you just say that some insider told you public money goes into Fair City? Isn't this a contradiction?
    The show, which was the ninth most popular programme broadcast on Irish TV last year drawing 778,000 viewers to its most popular episode, has been a regular fixture on TV screens since 1989.
    But while RTÉ were happy to divulge the cost of Fair City, TG4 were less happy when asked for the cost of producing Irish language rival Ros Na Run.

The Refused to share the figures with us, claiming the amount of public money the spend on the Irish Language soap is commercially sensitive and none of our business.

A spokeswoman said: "We are unwilling to release the figure as we put out the show for tender while RTE produce Fair City in house. We just put the show out for tender and are currently negotiating. When we get the figures we need to try and get it down as much as possible".

Sam ffs go an look up TG4 2007 Annual Report, they spent 3.6 million on the series. Then count the average number of episodes ~ 70 and divide, we have seen you can do division. Ros Na Run cost ~ €51,430 per episode.

I spent 1.40 for that :(

Here is Charlie Brooker on the ridiculous cost of make a TV show (and he isn't talking about a soap or drama)!

• Registered Users Posts: 86,197 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Bob the cook now also in the Hungry Pig?

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Shocked sources at boards.ie revealed yesterday that regular poster ELMO spent an ASTONISHING ONE EURO AND FORTY CENT on a copy of the "Irish" Sunday Mirror.

This whopping 1.40 was thought to include payment for PAPER, INK and entry-level JOURNALISM.

Seriously, that's a brilliant analysis, Elmo. RTE have brought the cost down by 18% over two years, the show makes a profit, and yet it's somehow scandalous that they actually pay their staff. Or that the actors aren't forced to bring their own clothes.

That being said, I bet that Hawaiian shirt Tom Hopkins was wearing is straight out of his own kit-bag. It suits him too well to be Christy.

I hate this tendency in journalism to express good news as if it's a catastrophe. If someone brought down the production costs of the Mirror by a fifth, they would give them a medal. What does RTE have to do to get some credit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

00044f69-545.jpg

Behind the Story: Bob Charles

Bob Charles is the eternal entrepreneur, who always has his eyes open for the next big business deal. It was while distracted by one of these business deals that his son Larry drowned, for which Bob has never forgiven himself.

In the last year, Bob has had more ups and downs than a rollercoaster. He now appears to be very much on the up. But what exactly is his motivation: revenge, a fear of being hungry and homeless again, or an attempt to mend his ways?

We spoke to Bryan Murray to try to unravel the many layers of Bob Charles. Beware of spoilers!

In what way do you think Larry's death has shaped Bob's journey?
    Such a momentous thing as the death of a child shapes almost everything that could happen in your life as a result. Particularly the way that it happened, that Bob was distracted by doing a business deal on the telephone by the sea, with Larry playing along the edge of the water. He gets involved in the negotiations and when he looks back the child is gone, only to find him lying dead in the water. That's something that would alter anyone's perspective; it would either kill you or drive you on. In Bob's instance, I think it drives him on, with the sense that he feels he's not good enough or deserving of love.
    It has also left him with a deep, deep heartbreak, wells deep, and in that way his sense of self esteem has to be affected by it. His sense of loss has to be catastrophic. In a way that's a driving force for Bob; to find solace in the end.

Is Bob solely motivated by revenge at the moment?
    I don't think anyone is motivated by any one thing. There are always a combined number of issues going on at any one time in all of us, certainly looking at my own life. There are always a number of things that impinge upon it. I think his time with Turlough in the wheelchair being his carer, has rubbed off on Bob, more than he would be prepared to admit. Particularly when Bob can be very bad it's hard to find any redeeming features. That sense of forgiveness that Turlough spoke about, that there is no point going on being some kind of revenge seeking animal, but to forgive people has slightly rubbed off on Bob.

But Bob's over-riding energy is to go forward into things, rather than to reflect. The experience he had being homeless was the most reflective period in his life, and in a strange way, it will be the thing that will have the biggest effect on him. Yes, there will be a drive for revenge particularly against Louie, who did dreadful things to him. In the light of all that Bob does, it's sometimes hard to remember that Louie was every bit as bad to him, as Bob has been bad to everyone else. Having someone beaten up, trying to get Bob driven out of town, disgrace him in the eyes of everybody. That's on a personal level that even Bob hasn't gotten yet. There is a sense of revenge, but there is also a sense in Bob deep down, a more rounded sense, that he can be touched by things. For example, giving the surplus burgers to the homeless man, and the way he spoke with Sarah that he wouldn't have wished his experience on his worst enemy. Though it has left scars on him. In so many ways Bob is a complex character, he has his vengeful side, but he also has another side, which can drag him in a different direction, and he fights with those two demons. It's this fight that makes Bob so interesting, the constant struggle with the good and bad within which makes him a very interesting character to play.

Did Bob really care for Turlough? Or did he always see him as his meal ticket?
    I know that people will say Bob is a joke, he's terrible, etc. But he tells lies a lot less times that we think he does. He does bend the truth on occasion but then he told Neasa that he thought deep down at heart that Turlough was a good man. You would think in the midst of everything that was happening, that he didn't mean it, but I believe he did. He saw that Turlough was a good man. Before he met Turlough in the wheelchair, he would have cast Turlough in the role as the man who took away his money number one and most importantly for Bob destroyed the love of his life, who was Renee. That would have been the overlying thing but his recent experience with Turlough allowed him to see that Turlough was after redemption and forgiveness.
    In the very recent storyline, when Bob is trying to get shares in the pub, he says about Christy "despite our past, I care deeply for Christy; he's a very good man". He's a very good man, meaning I'm (Bob) not a very good man. He means that too, he sees the good things in Christy, in the next scene we're going to film
    he says "I really admire you Christy. I have to applaud you; you have the forgiveness of a saint". He sees it as something he lacks, and acknowledges it. Life has left its mark on Bob and he tussles with his own ability or non-ability to get on with life in a good way. But Bob just finds it so easy to twist corners. He's a great salesman and a great liar.

Does Bob feel remorse for the people he has hurt, or does he see his behaviour as a means to an end? To get back at Louie, will he care that he's hurting Christy?
    He's getting his revenge on Louie primarily, that's his number one desire. It's hard to understate this desire after all that has happened, being beaten up not once but twice by Zumo, having the only photograph of his child torn up by Zumo in the midst of that scuffle, being ridiculed in front of everybody and the constant belittling and sniping from Louie. Whom Bob would see as a whippersnapper in the realm of the world Bob would like to think he's in. That kind of revenge is very present, but I don't think that his story with Christy is that he's out for revenge I think he really takes on Louie in this instance with the shares in the pub because he wants to vindicate Louie as well for Christy; he's having an affair with Christy's fiancée. Ok, so Bob did take Renee away from Christy but Bob deals with everything on the moment that it's happening which can be a drawback and a blessing.

Bob and Louie share the same traits. If circumstances were different, do you think they could have been business partners or allies?
    I wouldn't be surprised if they could be business partners, or certainly allies but there would have to be something else major has to happen to clear the space first. In the way that I see Bob that thing that would have to happen before that would be Bob needs to get some kind of retribution from Louie, which I think he's in the process of getting. He wants to get back in and have shares in that pub because he knows it will really annoy the hell out of Louie, and that he will upset the apple cart. I think once that has been done, he will feel that he has gotten his pound of flesh. Bob is nothing if not, as far as business in concerned, a very pragmatic man. He will sup with the devil with a long spoon, but the devil will have his eye on him too.

With financial security, do you see Bob mellowing and maybe even finding love again?
    Yes, I don't think it's not so much the financial security, I think it's that sense of retribution. In the film Unforgiven, there is a lot of Bob's emotion in Clint Eastwood's character. He doesn't forgive them in the town for what they did and once you get into that kind of furrow or that way of looking at things that you can't move on until you get that closure for yourself. When that happens for Bob, anything is possible. I think he needs a good woman; he hasn't had a woman for over two and a half years. He needs someone to be soft with, we saw when he was on his ups and downs, his love for his dead son, and his loss of Renee. He hates injustices. I know it's crazy but I think that's the wiring in the man's head. I'd like to see it, but would he rest with a good woman, would she tame him? I don't think so. Maybe for a while.

There has been speculation on Twitter about Yvonne being Bob's perfect love match. What do you think of that pairing?
    Yvonne being Bob's perfect love match? Really?

They would either be the making of each other, or the ruination of everyone around them.
    God, that's an interesting thing. She's much younger than him. They're certainly two fiery people, who don't suffer fools gladly. The two of them together, I would imagine, there would be sparks flying in the bed and the kitchen. With two characters like that, you wouldn't know if it would last, or whether it would mellow either of them, or else drive them totally over the edge. It would be an exciting journey to go on..perhaps.

The other night Yvonne mentioned to Dean that Bob Charles is the only person she is afraid of.
    That's right I remember that line. I spoke to Ciara about that and she said it's a remarkable line. Yvonne has never once ever said anything about being afraid of anybody. There is something there that sees something of herself, that she thinks, "I daren't open that box". Bob might not bring out the best in everyone but he can bring out things that people are sitting on. Bob's instinct for people never fail him; he knows what button to go for and when to press it. And he'll go straight for it. Good or bad!

And when you read that Dot Cotton (Eastenders) has just signed a contract for 300,00stg (350,000) for this year alone, it really puts RTEs spending into pespective:rolleyes:

I think that journo was really clutching at straws and trying to sensationalise - when we all know the FC cast don't earn a whole lot.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/news/a307371/june-brown-signs-gbp300k-enders-contract.html

0004510d-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 041

Tuesday 8th March

Nine days to the wedding, and it looks like Christy still thinks it's going ahead!

Finn seeks Esther's advice on his new business.

Bob requests an invite to Carol and Christy's wedding.

Louie accuses Carol of being in love with her fiancé.

Esther challenges Pete, Wayne and Cass to a Lenten challenge.

Jo enlists Barry's help with her fundraising project.

Ali pays Louie a visit.

Written by Trevor Colgan.

0004510f-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 042

Wednesday 9th March

Christy and Carol enjoy some grandparent time with Lorcan.

Barry is put out by the assumption he has time to be Jo's lackey.

Christy makes a big demonstration of his love for Carol to Louie.

Pete and Cass turn the tables on Esther and give her a near impossible task.

Wayne tries to stirs up jealousy in Keith, over Orla and Finn's working relationship.

Finn gets some bad news on his pipes.

And Louie faces up to the reality of his affair.

Written by Trevor Colgan.

00045110-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 043

Thursday 10th March

Carol struggles to keep a brave face on, as Orla sets to planning the hen party.

Barry comes up with an inspired idea for Jo.

Wayne, Cass and Pete struggle with their sacrifices, with Wayne and Cass trying to tempt Pete over to the 'dark side'.

Carol hands in her notice. And a delighted Christy breaks the news to Louie.

Finn offers Neasa a job.

Charlie reminds Dermot of the importance of 'Compassion Fashion'.

Christy gets emotional at the thought of his big day.

Written by Anto Howard.

00045112-545.jpg

This week's preview - Ep 044

Sunday 13th March

Carol wakes to hen party preparations.

Jo and Barry get busy with their fashion collection. Cass kindly donates a very fetching waistcoat.

Judith worries about Neasa's state of mind.

Wayne tries to trick Cass into breaking his vow, and looks for a loophole in Lent.

Carol gets overwhelmed at her hen party, with a mild panic attack on her nuptials.

Orla comes up with a name for Finn's new bar.

Cass inspires Barry.

Written by Senta Rich.

Directed by Alan Robinson.
          Location Director Gary Agnew.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

STIG83 wrote: »
          and do kids grow up fast in soaps? last time we saw Lorcan Jr, he was a toddler now he is walking and talking, and he and Ali left the show bout a year ago to go to England?
          At least he has stopped sucking a soother ! He was about 3 years old when he was last in FC and every scene he was in he had a soother stuck in his gob.

• Advertisement

Does anyone remember if Carol & Christie were together before Ali went away?

I don't think baby lorcan taught of Christie as his granda before he went away, did he???

• Registered Users Posts: 86,197 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fittle wrote: »
          Does anyone remember if Carol & Christie were together before Ali went away?

I don't think baby lorcan taught of Christie as his granda before he went away, did he???

They were together before Ali left

Perhaps bring back some old characters? Any suggestions?

The solicitor who had a speaking role outside the cafe (during Brendan's trial) - I thought she was going to play a huge part.

Oh that couple who was in for a month or two - (the domestic violence storyline) - they disappeared.

The fridge man - who repaired France's pipes:D

Paul's mother and Robert's mother (they could flat share)

I think they should open the Post Office for myself and Angel01 should run:D (we could have non-speakingn roles - we'd be the Stephen of the Post Office). If louie ever had to post a parcel to his children Angel could ask him "Is it a big package you have there?"

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Evennia

deelite wrote: »
          The solicitor who had a speaking role outside the cafe (during Brendan's trial) - I thought she was going to play a huge part.

Oh that couple who was in for a month or two - (the domestic violence storyline) - they disappeared.

The fridge man - who repaired France's pipes:D

Paul's mother and Robert's mother (they could flat share)

I think they should open the Post Office for myself and Angel01 should run:D (we could have non-speakingn roles - we'd be the Stephen of the Post Office). If louie ever had to post a parcel to his children Angel could ask him "Is it a big package you have there?"

The auctioneer that sold the Hungry Pig.. ride :P

MrsD007 wrote: »

Yet again we have a Spokesperson from RTÉ why not name them and tell us then that they are a Spokesperson :(

I like the headline but the article only suggests that contracts might be changed so as to allow for On Demand viewing.

deelite wrote: »

LMAO.. still laughing away here... :D:D:D:D

Evennia wrote: »
          The auctioneer that sold the Hungry Pig.. ride :P

Post a picture of him will you :D

Also on another note who was the father of the teenage girl (was it Keith or Ringo) and how come she hasn't made another appearance.

Sunday
          Orla persuades Yvonne to get off work earlier for Carol's hen. In Phelans, Christy gives Carol the day off for her hen party. Jo tries her best to busy herself to get through the anniversary of her sister's death. Judith approaches Finn and suggests that Neasa may not be ready for the job of hostess.

Yvonne, Orla and Ali join Carol in Phelans to begin the hen celebrations but it all gets too much for Carol. The girls reassure her not to worry and everything will be okay. Wayne fails to trick Cass into breaking her vow. Later, Cass and Pete catch Wayne breaking his vow but Wayne claims you can break it on Sunday. Louie chats to Christy and reveals that he plans to visit his children in America and he will miss their wedding.

Finn tells a furious Neasa about Judith's intervention. She tells him she is going to take the job and that her mother should not interfere. During the hen, Carol is brow beaten into going to McCoys. She does her best to avoid Louie's stares as she enjoys her hen night out. She lives it up during her hen, having fun with Finn.

Orla comes up with the idea of calling Finn's new venture The Station. She reminds Finn he was a fireman and that's his station now. Bob rubs salt in Louie's wound about Carol. Carol speaks to Louie at the end of the night and realises that she has made a big mistake.

Tuesday
          Louie is downcast when Ray confirms that Christy's stag will take place in McCoys. Dolores suggests that an agitated Pete should change his Lenten vows. Christy admits to Carol he wants to share their happy day with as many people as possible. Niamh and Esther both decide that they want Philip to help them with their design work and argue over who can employ him.

Bob tries his best to get Louie to confirm that he will attend the wedding. Louie gets even more annoyed when Yvonne questions why he won't go to it. In Phelans Carol feels a bit better about the wedding when she gets swept up in Ali's wave of enthusiasm. Paul and Niamh discuss Rachel and he worries that they are pushing her too hard with her school work. Pete teases Dolores that she is a pushover when it comes to Wayne.

Christy arrives back in Phelans and nearly sees Carol in her wedding dress. In a panic Ali pushes her out into the shop and a speechless Louie sees her. He sincerely remarks on how beautiful she looks. Carol tells him that she's happy she's marrying Christy and she has picked the right man. Rachel starts to get grinds with Barry. During this Philip arrives in and she is impressed by his aloof, 'cool' attitude.

Carol tries to reassure an unconvinced Ali that Christy is the one for her. Niamh persuades Philip to let her use a design he created for Slimstar. Peter watches, astonished, as Dolores starts sewing Keith's outfits. He suggests that Dolores takes up being selfish for Lent. In McCoys, Christy tries to rile Louie by asserting that nothing can go wrong with the wedding.

Niamh convinces Paul to let her get tickets for Rachel to see her favourite boyband. Bob encourages Sarah to take the day off to go to the wedding. A concerned Yvonne calls to Louie. She asks him why he is behaving so strangely and if he is ill. A depressed Louie finally admits to Yvonne his love for Carol. He tells her he is going to leave Carrigstown as he can't bear it anymore.

Wednesday
          Charlotte, Philip and Rachel bump into one another. Charlotte points out how Philip is very interested in what Rachel has to say to him. Yvonne meets Carol and tries to press her about the wedding. She assures Yvonne she has no pre-wedding nerves. Louie then meets Yvonne and tells her that Carol could change her mind before the wedding. Wayne is annoyed when Dolores informs him of her vow of selfishness. He suggests to Cass that they strike a deal with Pete.

Ali covers for Carol when Christy reminds her about writing her vows. Ali discovers that she is having problems writing them. She accepts Ali's help but abandons the vows as soon as Ali has left Phelans. In the smart office, Orla notices that Rachel has a crush on Philip, but Niamh is oblivious to this. Ali convinces Christy that he has to stay with Ray as he can't stay in their house the night before the wedding.

Wayne fails to convince Pete to persuade Dolores to drop her vow of selfishness. Later, Pete and Dolores agree to teach Wayne and Cass a lesson. Bob watches as Christy's stag party gets under way in McCoys. Philip calls to Niamh and she gives him keys to her home so he can work from there as Esther would only bother him otherwise. In McCoys, Christy gives a passionate speech about Carol and Bob, and Yvonne notes Louie's distress. Yvonne urges Louie to take some time out from the pub. Philip gives Rachel a Stones album and she reads too much into his friendly gesture.

In the Hungry Pig, Bob reveals his intentions to say a few words at tomorrow's wedding. Carol nervously smokes outside of Phelans and then decides to brave McCoys to find Louie. She meets Yvonne who subtly informs her that Louie is in the park. Christy spots this and goes looking for Carol and Louie. She arrives in the park and they share a moment of silent intimacy. She then begins to cry and he takes her in his arms to console her. They are oblivious as Christy observes their passion for one another. Louie kisses Carol goodbye and she leaves to do the 'right thing' and marry Christy.

Thursday
          Ali meets Ray outside Phelans and she covers her unease when he asks if she has seen Christy. She goes back into Phelans and Carol overcomes her dread when Ali presents her with a present from Tracey and a lovely breakfast - which has been specially arranged by Christy.

In Vinos, Ray becomes more concerned when Christy is nowhere to be found. Yvonne insists to Louie that she will stay to support him rather than go to the wedding. Bob reveals his excitement about attending the wedding. A relieved Ray meets Christy in the parking lot. He convinces an unshaven and tried looking Christy that he only has pre-wedding jitters and he needs to get dressed.

The driver arrives at Phelans to pick up Carol and Ali. She asks for a few minutes as she steadies herself at the prospect of marrying Christy. Yvonne and Louie chat in McCoys pub and he insists to Yvonne that he and Carol have made their choices for the good of all concerned.

Carol and Ali arrive at the wedding venue. She breaks down in front of Ali and admits that she needs some more time but denies that she's having doubts about marrying Christy. A delighted Christy sees the car and goes over to it. Ali gets out telling Christy it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. He closes his eyes and asks Carol for her hand, telling her to take his hand and he'll walk her to the door

• Advertisement
        • Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

^^^ oh man... the torment!!!

This discussion has been closed.
        Advertisement