Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭MaryCat!

It was funny the other night! The new guy, brendens cousin comes in and talks to brenden about killing floyd.
    New guy--"Did you kill him?"
    Brenden--"NO"
    New guy--"OK, Can i have a shower!!" ROTFL!!!:D

Oh my god!! I LOVE THIS NEW GUY!!! Robert i think his name is!! He is sooo funny! Just totally random!!
    Im just watching thursday nights ep online. The scene with Deegan? "I'm quite good with knees!" Too hard to explain, just watch, its funny. He is really quirky??

Where is Leo and his flock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

MaryCat! wrote: »
    Brenden--"NO"
    New guy--"OK, Can i have a shower!!" ROTFL!!!:D

Yeah, thought it was bizarre scriptwriting as well. Must have been a change of shift in the scriptwriting in the middle of that scene.

Yeah, thought it was bizarre scriptwriting as well. Must have been a change of shift in the scriptwriting in the middle of that scene.

LOL! I think thats the character! He says randomly random things. At least i hope it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Robin leaves next week :D Thank God!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭joey54

The new Physio guy seems really familiar but I can't put my finger on it. Does anybody know what else he was in? Could it have been the clinic??

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Meller

yes this new robert guy is mad :confused: he just stands around with this lost, confused expression on his face the whole time.

but once again i would prefer if they stopped with the new characters. PLEASE get rid of the new cop guy, he is irritatingly boring.

JP Liz wrote: »
    Robin leaves next week :D Thank God!
    she's already closed down Sasha, spose Fair City were worried that it would go the same way ;-)

I cant wait for more of Brendan's relation either.. Just think
    New guy: "I murdered the cat and ate him. Can I have a cup of tea?"
    They should get him to read the news some night.

joey54 wrote: »
    The new Physio guy seems really familiar but I can't put my finger on it. Does anybody know what else he was in? Could it have been the clinic??

Yes, thats it! I knew i knew him from something! He was funny again tonight! Landing Brendan in it with Heather!

LOL @ Robert
    AHAHHAAHAHAH, the way he just shuffled away like that. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Robin is annoying me and coming across very rude to Doug when he is the only one that seems to care about her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Is the actress who plays Sarah pregnant or did she just get kinda chubby?

Who plays Robert? He looks familiar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭bettedavis

JP Liz wrote: »
    Is the actress who plays Sarah pregnant or did she just get kinda chubby?

never mind sarah, who is brendan having twins for ? He got a huge belly on him in the space of a few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Don't like the 2 new characters - however, I have a sneaky feeling that the gardai lad is going to be bisexual. I don't see what Sarah seems in him!!! Also has Lana had that baby yet - it must be the longest pregnancy ever.......

deelite wrote: »
    Also has Lana had that baby yet - it must be the longest pregnancy ever.......

Ah here, I think you need to retake the Fair City Learners course. Lara is the girl who was pregnant. Lana was found dead in the Wicklow mountains. Leo dug her up himself with his giant hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Shakyfan

Hi!

Although this is my first post I've been following the thread for a while now.

Just to say that the theme is now available to download from the RTE website. http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/news.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gogglebok

Ah here, I think you need to retake the Fair City Learners course. Lara is the girl who was pregnant. Lana was found dead in the Wicklow mountains. Leo dug her up himself with his giant hands.

Lana! Laaaaaaaaaanaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

lana.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

Whilst I know Mags Kelly has left the show permanently, is Charlie going to be coming back?

Epicurus wrote: »
    Whilst I know Mags Kelly has left the show permanently, is Charlie going to be coming back?

I wonder that too...

His bio says:

Charlie Kelly, antique dealer and the community's conscience, is married to Mags. They had two children: Bernie who lives in Canada and Tony who died tragically many years ago. He is a surrogate granddad to TJ whose mother is Terry. Best friends include Bela, Barry and TJ.
    When Bernie won the Canadian lottery, Charlie was persuaded to return to Toronto with her and Mags, but Charlie's heart will always be in Carrigstown.

Is Annette coming back?

Shakyfan wrote: »
    Hi!

Although this is my first post I've been following the thread for a while now.

Just to say that the theme is now available to download from the RTE website. http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/news.html

Cheers :D

• Advertisement

angel01 wrote: »
    Is Annette coming back?

What's happening with Barry and the drink-driving change? Maybe she'll be back if there's a trial.

I think Charlie will be back. "His heart will always be in Carrigstown" doesn't sound like he's been written out.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

Poor mags, I hope she is coping well with her illness, she was so lovely, and when she appeared on the late late show a few months ago it was very touching, brought a tear to my eye, charlie was in the audience and he was gutted by her illness too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

The "disco" in McCoys is actually hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

orla wrote: »
    The "disco" in McCoys is actually hilarious.

This is the most cringeworthy stuff I've ever seen in my life.. The only thing that would make it good is if Robin and that skanger go off with each other..

I can't believe this show hasn't been cancelled.

"YOU'RE HIRED, AND NOW YOU'RE FIRED!!"

Oh my god I was almost crying with laughter at that :pac:
    What a fine fine portrayal of gay culture too :pac: I commend RTE for being just so in touch

Also I used to like Sarah but now whenever I see her with this cop, and especially with what was going on tonight, I feel a little nauseous :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

so Robin has gone to cork instead of sierra leone. Just wondering where does that leave Una? Wasnt she moaning about having to have a mechanic with her in Africa because they wouldn't accept her on her own?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 xword

that wos the worst epsode i have seen in ages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭robo

Oh that was so so so so bad!!!
    Do the "actors" not realise how bad the scene is going to be when they are filming???

I couldn't help myself laughing at Troy and his mates at the pub, it was very funny and with Leo at the bar, it was hilarious :D:D

• Advertisement

robo wrote: »
    Oh that was so so so so bad!!!
    Do the "actors" not realise how bad the scene is going to be when they are filming???

It was ridiculous, but I felt sorry for the actors. Obviously the music was supposed to be loud enough to drown out their conversations, but whoever recorded or mixed it, made a mess of it. What we got was lots of obvious miming - people jawing away like idiots, pretending to talk. It would have looked fine if the music was actually loud, but it was tinkling away in the background. Embarrassing.

The same thing happened last week, when Ray and Sean were watching a chop-socky action movie. John came in twice to tell them to drop the noise - but there wasn't any! I thought I was going mad.

So amateurish. You wouldn't get it in a student play. How does it happen on prime time television?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement