Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

STIG83 wrote: »
    So Bob buys The Hungry Pig, he is cooking the food in there, is there not training somebody has to do before cooking and serving food to the public?
    And pity real life is not like soap life, Sarah gets fired from Vinos and walks straight into a new job working in the THP.

Damn I really wanted the 12000th post here!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Ok i understand the subject matter is very serious...but look who shows up at 2.20mins!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRhCog5tbQc&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Ok i understand the subject matter is very serious...but look who shows up at 2.20mins!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRhCog5tbQc&feature=related

Deelite, have you seen this!! :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Did i hear right last night, Did Easter say that Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Tuesday was a Holy Day. More bad script writing from Fair City.

Poll: What would be the most difficult Lenten vow? http://www.rte.ie/tv/faircity/#pd_a_19605

• Advertisement

SPOILERS:

FAIR City's lovestruck Louie will dump Carol tonight, telling her to leave him and marry her fiance Christy.

Louie decides to end the secret affair with soon-to-be-married Carol after he realises that she can't decide between him and Christy.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/tv-radio/lovestruck-louie-to-let-carol-go-2571793.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Great scene with Cass, Pete and Wayne. Brilliant chemistry between them.
    The first scene between Louie and Carol was terrible. It felt like they were just reading the lines. I think the only scenes that suit Carol, as an actress, are ones that she is being angry or feisty. I really dont rate her as an actress.
    I hope Barry gets a storyline soon. He hasnt had one since the fire..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

frag420 wrote: »
    Damn I really wanted the 12000th post here!!!

Sorry i robbed the 12000th post!!:p

max life wrote: »
    Great scene with Cass, Pete and Wayne. Brilliant chemistry between them.
    The first scene between Louie and Carol was terrible. It felt like they were just reading the lines. I think the only scenes that suit Carol, as an actress, are ones that she is being angry or feisty. I really dont rate her as an actress.
    I hope Barry gets a storyline soon. He hasnt had one since the fire..

I agree with the first bit but of course not the second bit and Barry gets his storyline with Jo... :D

I love both Louie & Carol. Carol is amazing so I will defend her and she is utterly gorgeous and that hairstyle knocks years off her!

You forgot Dolores was in the first scene :(:(

angel01 wrote: »

You forgot Dolores was in the first scene :(:(
    Yeah but she didnt provide the comedy in that scene. I much prefer the 3 lads because they all have their funny moments, whereas Dolores is very straight-laced. IMO she is a very dull character.

• Advertisement

I love both Louie & Carol. Carol is amazing so I will defend her and she is utterly gorgeous and that hairstyle knocks years off her!
    Yeah she only looks about 50 now !!!:D I didnt think you would say anything nice about your love rival ....;)

Yeah but she didnt provide the comedy in that scene. I much prefer the 3 lads because they all have their funny moments, whereas Dolores is very straight-laced. IMO she is a very dull character.

Okay here we go.. I disagree. I love Dolores and after meeting the actress who plays her, she is fantastic and a true wonderful lady.. I love Dolores and the way she interacts especially with Wayne :D

Yeah she only looks about 50 now !!!:D I didnt think you would say anything nice about your love rival ....;)

I make an exception for lovely Carol.. if I can't have Louie... she can ;):D

Okay here we go.. I disagree. I love Dolores and after meeting the actress who plays her, she is fantastic and a true wonderful lady..
    I think you might be mixing up the actress and the character. I cant think of one scene when she was having a bit of craic. I dont think she is that type of character. Cass and Wayne are always up for a laugh though

I think you might be mixing up the actress and the character. I cant think of one scene when she was having a bit of craic. I dont think she is that type of character. Cass and Wayne are always up for a laugh though

Guess you didn't watch tonights then.. still laughing now :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Love pete, Wayne and cass!! 3 great comic actors!! Really am not buying into Finn. It's like I can see him 'acting'. Not believable at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Dennis the Stone

It was the lap-dancing club where Mark went with Doug. I don't think we saw it on screen though.

Here's a lapdancing club:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

In fairness angel, you are in love with the whole cast of FC ;)

Barry, I am not, and was never a fan of. I saw him in the Rocky Horror Show in the Olympia many moons ago - he played the character in the wheelchair - and even then, he acted as if he was 'Barry'. I don't rate him at all - I think his character has been done to death with major storylines over the years and I think he should have met and married an ould dear from Donegal and moved up there, years ago:D

Finn, is very pleasing on the eye and reminds me of blokes I met in nightclubs years ago, who always thought they were desperately handsome and too good for you, but in reality, were as thick as two short planks. But I like him:)

The Louis/Carol/Christie story really has to end. It has gone on way too long and is about as interesting as Joe Duffys show today, when they all complained about Wallaces pink shirt:rolleyes:

Cass and Wayne was great writing - they should get them to move into a flat together - like when Ray and Keith lived together (in fact, Ray and Keith should live together again).

Fittle wrote: »
    In fairness angel, you are in love with the whole cast of FC ;)

Barry, I am not, and was never a fan of. I saw him in the Rocky Horror Show in the Olympia many moons ago - he played the character in the wheelchair - and even then, he acted as if he was 'Barry'. I don't rate him at all - I think his character has been done to death with major storylines over the years and I think he should have met and married an ould dear from Donegal and moved up there, years ago:D

Finn, is very pleasing on the eye and reminds me of blokes I met in nightclubs years ago, who always thought they were desperately handsome and too good for you, but in reality, were as thick as two short planks. But I like him:)

The Louis/Carol/Christie story really has to end. It has gone on way too long and is about as interesting as Joe Duffys show today, when they all complained about Wallaces pink shirt:rolleyes:

Cass and Wayne was great writing - they should get them to move into a flat together - like when Ray and Keith lived together (in fact, Ray and Keith should live together again).

I like Wayne & Damien together as a pairing... Where has Damien gone though :(:(

Not quite the whole cast but will gladly admit I love nearly all of them...:D

I find Finn very boring to watch, not much to him and always has a gaze of I am so stupid written all over his face... Keith needs a decent storyline as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Did i hear right last night, Did Easter say that Shrove Tuesday or Pancake Tuesday was a Holy Day. More bad script writing from Fair City.

I did wonder about that. Is Shrove Tuesday actually a holy day? I never heard it before, but then I do move in fairly heathen circles.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

I did wonder about that. Is Shrove Tuesday actually a holy day? I never heard it before, but then I do move in fairly heathen circles.
    Yes Shrove Tuesday is a holy day - but it is not a Holy Day of Obligation. There is a difference. Shrove is a holy day of religious observance - shrive being the old word for confession or the Sacrament of Penance.
    On Shrove Tuesday, believers are expected to reflect on their transgressions and confess them and do penance. So, in one sense, Esther was correct....

Now, where is Deegan - I don't see enough of him.

Don't like Finn really - he always look unwashed somehow....

Guess you didn't watch tonights then.. still laughing now :D:D:D
    No i wont get to see it till tomorrow - football is more important than Fair City :D
    Just my luck....i have a moan about Dolores not being funny.....that same day, she has her first ever scene where she is actually funny....:o

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Evennia

More Ingrid...

"I loved being on Fair City... even though people thought I was a bitch"

I'VE just wrapped filming on Fair City, so to celebrate I decided to treat the kids and my mum to a relaxing break away in Kenmare, Co Kerry.

The kids were on their mid-term break from school so I thought we should take advantage. It's not often we're all off together and are in a position to go away like that.

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/i-loved-being-on-fair-city-even-though-people-thought-i-was-a-bitch-2565901.html

Loved her in it.. really hope she is back! Great character and looks so good i'm jealous! Well done Vivenne :P

deelite wrote: »
    Post a picture of him will you :D

Also on another note who was the father of the teenage girl (was it Keith or Ringo) and how come she hasn't made another appearance.

00044317-545.jpg
    This is the only image i could find..:P

00044317-545.jpg
    This is the only image i could find...

No i wont get to see it till tomorrow - football is more important than Fair City :D
    Just my luck....i have a moan about Dolores not being funny.....that same day, she has her first ever scene where she is actually funny....:o

Told you that she is funny ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Jeepers anyone else think Jo is looking a bit rough?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

carol & louie's scene the other night where she was "crying" was woeful... and cringeworthy. i know she's a better actress than that. it just seemed so........naff.......fake crying..........
    whoever said carol needs to be brought back into a toughie was right! it suits her better than a fake crying lovestruck woman.

i'm still lol'ing at ali's lamb-arm jacket haha

carol & louie's scene the other night where she was "crying" was woeful... and cringeworthy. i know she's a better actress than that. it just seemed so........naff.......fake crying..........
    whoever said carol needs to be brought back into a toughie was right! it suits her better than a fake crying lovestruck woman.

i'm still lol'ing at ali's lamb-arm jacket haha

Carol and Louie is one of the most stupid story lines that Fair City has come up with and over 21 or 22 years, there has been a fair few stupid story lines.

• Advertisement

Barry was fair poor in his first scene this evening. He was like a kid in junior infants in a school play.

I (pause) think (pause) I (have) an (pause) Idea (pause).

and did i hear right, he had an orgional idea for a name Passion fashion. If i heard right, correct me if i am wrong but did TG4 have a programme of that name "as Gaeilge".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement