Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Deise Tom wrote: »
    and did i hear right, he had an orgional idea for a name Passion fashion. If i heard right, correct me if i am wrong but did TG4 have a programme of that name "as Gaeilge".

Ah but Barry's idea was Compassion Fashion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

The storyline with Cass, Wayne and Pete is good, reminds me of Father Ted when Ted, Dougal and Jack had to give up things for lent.
    Poor Wayne is dreaming bout quarter pounders!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Enjoying the storyline with Cass, Pete, Wayne and Esther... brilliant stuff.. I just adore Wayne. He lights up the show for me.. Missing Damien though..

Enjoying the scenes with Jo & Barry too...

Poor Louie :(

Hope this won't affect Fair City :(
    RTE is to cut between 50 and 250 jobs in an attempt to ease its massive budget deficit, the Irish Independent has learnt.

Senior managerial sources said yesterday that between 50 and 60 positions would be targeted under a new voluntary redundancy scheme at the national broadcaster.

http://www.independent.ie/business/media/rte-to-cut-staff-as-losses-hit-euro25m-2575535.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I got bored watching last night but I don't think Christy will marry Carol - I think he's going to be the one to walk away not her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭egan2020

deelite wrote: »
    I got bored watching last night but I don't think Christy will marry Carol - I think he's going to be the one to walk away not her.

I agree with this and I hope a previous poster was right when they said that she'll run back to Louie and find him in bed with Yvonne :D

You bored... did Keith not feature enough for you :eek:

I think this new bar looks very unrealistic especially with the windows... Finn bores me to be honest.. I am missing the Bishops as well...:(

I wonder will Fr Art be back :)

00045566-545.jpg

Will she? Won't she?

As a love torn Carol struggles to make a decision between the dependable and adoring Christy, and the passionate and daring Louie, could another soap wedding be about to unravel?

Weddings have rarely run smoothly in Carrigstown, in fact you could say that matrimony has equalled mayhem at times.

Till death do you part could be sooner than you think.
    Not only was Ray widowed on his big day, but Niamh also lost her mother on her wedding day!

It doesn't matter how prepared you are, it's almost impossible to get hitched without a hitch.
    During the reception of childhood sweethearts Suzanne and Damien, Rita had a stroke, dampening the honeymoon period somewhat.

There is a high risk of being jilted at the altar.
    So, the dress is on, hair coiffed, and the first bar of the 'Arrival of the Queen of Sheba' has struck up, but that doesn't mean the ring is on the finger! As Mike Gleeson found out when Helen Doyle ran from the altar in to the arms of her lover, Paul Brennan.

It may be a case of 'Unhappy' after.
    On Carol's first wedding day, her groom, the inimitable Billy, slept with bridesmaid and best friend, Tracey. The marriage went from bad to worse and ended with Billy being clobbered with a golf club.

Food for thought for the residents of Carrigstown!
    As your potential life partner lowers down on one knee and exhales that big question, before you answer: stop, think, and look around. Because your big day could well end up being your last day!

Click here to browse through our wedding album.

Carol quits the pub to run the shop so what happened to Sean? (Niamh's brother) not a mention why he not in it or where he gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

angel01 wrote: »
    00045566-545.jpg

I thought that kitchen scene with Christy and Carol on Wednesday night when Christy broke down crying was really good. I'm really feeling it for Christy. He knows the love of his life is cheating on him but he's still prepared to keep loving her if she chooses him. I don't think Louie would be so forgiving if the shoe was on the other foot. Maybe Carol needs to realise that.

Loving Wayne at the moment. For some reason he kinda reminds me of Duncan. I'd like to see Duncan back in FC. He always made me laugh. :)

• Advertisement

Wonder will Niamh's sister Caitriona ever come back? and what ever happened to Mannion? i think that his name, his daughter was Hannah.
    I just noticed on the FC website Ursula Cruise is in the out of towners section, was there ever a storyline for her to write her out when Anna Manahan died?

STIG83 wrote: »
    Wonder will Niamh's sister Caitriona ever come back? and what ever happened to Mannion? i think that his name, his daughter was Hannah.
    I just noticed on the FC website Ursula Cruise is in the out of towners section, was there ever a storyline for her to write her out when Anna Manahan died?

I think she chose to stay with her son in England and wouldn't be returning. :)

Caitriona was woeful so I hope she stays away. Would love to see Duncan back. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

Sera wrote: »
    did anyone notice the music in the Vinos?

Doris Day or someone of that ilk? I couldn't quite make it out. Was it commenting on the scene?

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Barry was fair poor in his first scene this evening. He was like a kid in junior infants in a school play.

I (pause) think (pause) I (have) an (pause) Idea (pause).

and did i hear right, he had an orgional idea for a name Passion fashion. If i heard right, correct me if i am wrong but did TG4 have a programme of that name "as Gaeilge".

I love the way soap characters treat the simplest ideas like a stroke of genius.

Barry: "I've had an Idea. It's a charity fashion show"
    Jo: "No way! That's awesome! It's like a fashion show - but for charity!"
    Barry: "We could call it Compassion Fashion."
    Jo: "O. M. G. You are amazing. That RHYMES!"

Cue standing ovation, streamers flying out of upstairs windows, statue of Barry unveiled in the park, free bar in McCoys with "Flamin' Barry" cocktails served to all comers. Why can't my life be like that?

I had the strange idea that Ali might end up with Christy. She goes on about steady, settled relationships, and she thinks Christy is great. He's probably the kind of refuge she'd turn to when Colm goes made again and starts waving guns at her.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FionnB

angel01 wrote: »

The average salary at RTE is 61k - maybe explains some of their losses!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

FionnB wrote: »

There is some in RTE who are not worth an average of 61 cent let alone an average of 61,000 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

FionnB wrote: »

Can I ask where you got that figure?

Given PK and JD's salaries ALONE almost totaling a million euro (or is it just over a mill?), I would imagine that brings the average salaries up much, much higher than 61k!

I had the strange idea that Ali might end up with Christy. She goes on about steady, settled relationships, and she thinks Christy is great. He's probably the kind of refuge she'd turn to when Colm goes made again and starts waving guns at her.

As far as I know, Ali's stay in the soap is a short one..

Fittle wrote: »
    Can I ask where you got that figure?

Given PK and JD's salaries ALONE almost totaling a million euro (or is it just over a mill?), I would imagine that brings the average salaries up much, much higher than 61k!

It is stated in the Independent article.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

What exactly happened to the "donor recipient" - was she a fake or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

What exactly happened to the "donor recipient" - was she a fake or not?

who knows. it's just another evapourated storyline with no explanation

I think she will be back, from an article I read:
    So is there a likelihood that Lucy Mallon will return to Fair City?

"When I was in auditions there were long term plans for her to come back, so I'm hoping that will be the case," said Lorna.

"I'd love to do more television and film and branch out more from theatre. That said I love the theatre and the live audience."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

Do people working in registry offices work on a Bank Holiday. If they dont, does it mean that we have another cock up this week in Fair City.

Fittle wrote: »

I see what you mean, but it's actually the other way around. It depends on what kind of average they're using, but in general the existence of huge salaries probably means that the figure of 61,000 is far above what the general run of people are paid.

If Pat Kenny is on 861,000, for example, that means the 800,000 has to come from other people's salaries to keep the average accurate. Pat Kenny + 38 people on forty grand = an average salary of 61,000.

The other thing to remember is that the Independent has a huge anti-RTE agenda and might not always be exactly 100% accurate about petty things like the facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I see what you mean, but it's actually the other way around. It depends on what kind of average they're using, but in general the existence of huge salaries probably means that the figure of 61,000 is far above what the general run of people are paid.

If Pat Kenny is on 861,000, for example, that means the 800,000 has to come from other people's salaries to keep the average accurate. Pat Kenny + 38 people on forty grand = an average salary of 61,000.

The other thing to remember is that the Independent has a huge anti-RTE agenda and might not always be exactly 100% accurate about petty things like the facts.

But they've Pat on 861,000 plus Joe on 600,000 plus Ryan on about 800,000 - that's 2.2mil. Plus 37 other people on an average of 40grand (going by your estimates)

Brings the average well up to 92,000....

And that's presuming that an 'average' cameraman' in RTE is on 40,000...And presuming that the DG himself is on that kind of money...61,000 for an everage salary in RTE is way off.

Cass is no fool!! Wasnt falling for Wayne's trick, that story he told about the waistcoat was gas!! I think Barry has run his course in FC, he really a boring character now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

Agreed Barry is so boring. God the Louie and Carol storyline is utterly dreadful.

If Carol and Louie were in real life and they talking in the pub like they were, surely they would raise suspicion? This storyline will come to head this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭sandwichboard

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Bob the cook now also in the Hungry Pig?
    I'd say he's saving costs by not employing a cook.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement