Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

All this talk about who lives where has me very confused. I shall demand to the the census returns for Carrigstown next month ! Dee you mentioned the lack of a post office, which got me thinking and I realised there is no bank either. I don't even think they have an ATM ! Where do they all get their cash for McCoys without a drink-link machine. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

jos28 wrote: »
    All this talk about who lives where has me very confused. I shall demand to the the census returns for Carrigstown next month ! Dee you mentioned the lack of a post office, which got me thinking and I realised there is no bank either. I don't even think they have an ATM ! Where do they all get their cash for McCoys without a drink-link machine. :confused:

They keep their money under the mattress perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

STIG83 wrote: »

Or ask the bishops for a lend ;):D

angel01 wrote: »
    Or ask the bishops for a lend ;):D

Could be that too Angel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Poor Christy - I wanna see him smack Bob and Louie

Why is Paddy Bishop in prison? Was it ever mentioned?
    I think he is in priso cos he stabbed Vivienne - I recall her showing the scar to Zumo

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

There is few if any money worries in Carraigstown. How many of them eat at home. They all seem to have plenty of money to have their grub at The Hungry Pig, Rainbows or the Pub.

Christy and Carol all along were able to afford to go out and work for Louis in the pub and had enough money to hire someone - we dont know who since Sean left, to run the shop for them.

Carol and Christy are only booking the music for their wedding with 2 days to go?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

Dermot is the manager of the community centre, he gets paid for that role, Jo helps to run the charity shop (again am presuming a paid role), Philip pays his way also... Dermot I think also does consultancy work..

Actor who played Sean went off to do theatre work (and pantos), character is forgotten about. Niamh & Paul hardly featuring these days (am still convinced actress playing Niamh is preggers..)

The local PO is undergoing planning permission... :D

Yeah, Niamh is defo preggers.

Yeah, Niamh is defo preggers.

I agree with you there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Deise Tom wrote: »
    Do people working in registry offices work on a Bank Holiday. If they dont, does it mean that we have another cock up this week in Fair City.

I know Churchs definitely marry you on St. Patricks Day , so im presuming registrars do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

I've been quiet here lately, because I haven't been watching FC, because I am bored RIGID with the Carol/Christy/Louie story and I couldn't care less what happens/who marries who/who doesn't marry who etc etc.

Rant over.

I'll switch back on when these 3 characters disappear into oblivion when this story is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭pavcro10

Carol has that long face on her all the time. Surely for the story to work, we the audience have to be on tenterhooks to find out who she will pick, but everytime she's with christy she is so down in the dumps! I never get a sense that she loves him!! I think Louie and carol have been found out as actors in this story.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,191 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What has happened to Yvonne Doyle she has got nice, it is time for her to bring the biatch back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭MS.MONEYPENNY

Hi all! Haven't beem watching lately, not because I couldn't but tbh because I wouldn't :( as OP said I am sooo bored with it !!, between the stories being dragged out, and having so many holes in them you could drive a truck through them, more questions than answers, the same people being shoved down our necks show after show. I thought the disaster that was the Paul n Niamh show for a while would have made them see the light! It doesn't work! We watch the show because we enjoy ALL of them! We love some, we hate some, but please stop dragging out silly stories! I now too couldn't care less about who Carol ends up with!! (she would never be with either of them and I won't even watch the wedding) or what the Dillons do anymore! Tbh I couldn't care less if I never saw any of them again! I really am disappointed with it as of late, and feel my loyalty to it over the years and my constant defending of it to my friends has all been in vain.............. I feel like writing "R.I.P. Ms Moneypenny"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Somethings being playing on my mind recently - Ali said to Carol a few episodes back along the lines of "has louie seen you being a grumpy no make-up head" - I think these words will come back to haunt Carol - I bet as soon as Louie gets her he's going to get bored very quickly (the chase is always better than the catch!!!!).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

I also don't think there's a pharmacy either ?
    A doctors surgery yes but no pharmacy ?

Carol and Christy are only booking the music for their wedding with 2 days to go?

Its Fair City.

Do people working in registry offices work on St Patrick's Day or is it only does in Carraigstown. We Know that the Wedding cant be a church one, so it must be a registry office one or held elsewhere with a registrar performing the marriage cermony. Maybe they have Charlie lined up to do it like the last one we say in Carraigstown.

Ste- wrote: »
    I also don't think there's a pharmacy either ?
    A doctors surgery yes but no pharmacy ?

A pharmacy was mentioned, Judith's prescriptions were found in pharmacies. in fairness,Carrigstown is pretty small, it is only one main street, you can't have everything on the one street, some of the places will be in "Carrigstown" but not shown on screen...

Its Fair City.

Do people working in registry offices work on St Patrick's Day or is it only does in Carraigstown. We Know that the Wedding cant be a church one, so it must be a registry office one or held elsewhere with a registrar performing the marriage cermony. Maybe they have Charlie lined up to do it like the last one we say in Carraigstown.

Did you miss the post by Karen above ^^

A pharmacy was mentioned, Judith's prescriptions were found in pharmacies. in fairness,Carrigstown is pretty small, it is only one main street, you can't have everything on the one street, some of the places will be in "Carrigstown" but not shown on screen...

They could shoot on location.

• Advertisement

Did you miss the post by Karen above ^^

Saw it after i posted.

They could shoot on location.

What, just to show an instance of an ATM, Supermarket, or Pharmacy. To be honest, this is a soap, they don't need to show all of these...

They haven't the space to show every other single thing...

It doesn't bother me that I don't see, the post office, the pharmacy, the butchers, the bakers or the candlestick makers. It's a story based around different characters and their lives. It's just taken for granted that they use the normal run of the mill shops. If it showed people going about their business exactly as we do in real life it wouldn't be a soap. It'd just be a documentary about people. IMHO. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,984 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

It doesn't bother me that I don't see, the post office, the pharmacy, the butchers, the bakers or the candlestick makers. It's a story based around different characters and their lives. It's just taken for granted that they use the normal run of the mill shops. If it showed people going about their business exactly as we do in real life it wouldn't be a soap. It'd just be a documentary about people. IMHO. :)
    I always laugh when two soap characters go on a date, where ususally some privacy is required....they only have two choices the local pub or restaurant and they have a whole city to go to!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

You know the part of the set that is never shown. Well thats were all that other stuff is.

000458f3-545.jpg

CHRISTY v LOUIE

Who will Carol choose?

Louie
    Pros:

v He's dashingly handsome.
    v He's spontaneous and exciting.
    v He's young and quick-witted.
    v He's full of mystery and intrigue.
    v He has his own business.
    Cons:
    X He has a shady past.
    X He has baggage - a beautiful ex wife and young children.
    X He's a former drug addict.
    X He's moody and needy.
    X Can he be trusted??

Christy
    Pros:
    v He's reliable and dependable.
    v He's thoughtful and caring.
    v He's well respected and liked.
    v He adores Carol, more than she can ever imagine.
    v He has his own business.
    Cons:
    X He's not exciting
    X He has baggage and a bad track record with women.
    X He's a bit predictable.
    X He's not as dashing.
    X He's easily led.

Pics from the new pub "The Station"

http://twitpic.com/48hcbc
    http://twitpic.com/48hbrb

Pics from the new pub "The Station"

http://twitpic.com/48hcbc
    http://twitpic.com/48hbrb

Jaysus, that second pic looks like it full of bric-a-brac from the helping hand. I thought Finns bar would have fire service memorabilia, seeing as it's called The Station. (Fire station???)

Jaysus, that second pic looks like it full of bric-a-brac from the helping hand. I thought Finns bar would have fire service memorabilia, seeing as it's called The Station. (Fire station???)

It looks very dated and those windows (greyed out like that) make it look very unrealistic and it looks ridiculous with all that junk there...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

I did kind of hope to see the bar staff sliding down from upstairs on a silver pole.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement