Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

angel01 wrote: »
    Pics from the new pub "The Station"

http://twitpic.com/48hcbc
    http://twitpic.com/48hbrb
    It looks so tacky!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Latest tweet from FC:

Just come back from the set & the new barman in The Station is doing a great impression of Tom Cruise in Cocktail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Louie
    Pros:

v He's dashingly handsome. NO HE'S NOT.
    v He's spontaneous and exciting. NO HE'S NOT.
    v He's young and quick-witted. HE IS NEITHER YOUNG, NOR QUICK-WITTED.
    v He's full of mystery and intrigue. NOT HE'S NOT.
    v He has his own business. YES HE DOES.:rolleyes:

Pics from the new pub "The Station"

http://twitpic.com/48hcbc
    http://twitpic.com/48hbrb

Mother of Divine Jebus.

Seriously, could they not have grabbed a few chairs from the set of Four Live or something? How ridiculous does that place look?????

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Fittle wrote: »
    Mother of Divine Jebus.

Seriously, could they not have grabbed a few chairs from the set of Four Live or something? How ridiculous does that place look?????

Suppose now that The Café isn;t on anymore they might as well use the set !

• Advertisement

Fittle wrote: »
    Louie
    Pros:

v He's dashingly handsome. NO HE'S NOT.
    v He's spontaneous and exciting. NO HE'S NOT.
    v He's young and quick-witted. HE IS NEITHER YOUNG, NOR QUICK-WITTED.
    v He's full of mystery and intrigue. NOT HE'S NOT.
    v He has his own business. YES HE DOES.:rolleyes:

I would of course disagree... ;):D

I would of course disagree... ;):D

I knew you would;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Is that really The Station??? It looks more like a second-hand shop. Its like Pandoras' box.....a bit of everything. I didnt realise Finn would have such bad taste..terrible. Stevie Wonder would have better taste! ( Sorry )

Yeah, Niamh is defo preggers.
    I dont reckon she is pregnant. She is that size for the last 2 or 3 years. I think thats her natural weight. Carol is nearly as big as her now. She looked massive in that dress. It SO didnt suit her. I think that she would be the most likely woman to be pregnant in the cast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭Gingersnaps

max life wrote: »
    I dont reckon she is pregnant. She is that size for the last 2 or 3 years. I think thats her natural weight. Carol is nearly as big as her now. She looked massive in that dress. It SO didnt suit her. I think that she would be the most likely woman to be pregnant in the cast.

Maybe she's not pregnant but I was just going on what I saw on Sundays episode. I know she wears those "loose fitting" dresses so it's kinda hard to tell. Maybe she just needs a consultation with Esther and go on the Slim Star plan. :)
    (Sorry Niamh)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

I did kind of hope to see the bar staff sliding down from upstairs on a silver pole.

Do you mean Nessa by any chance???:D

deelite wrote: »
    Here's hoping !!!!!;);)

I think Christy has made his mind up now..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭starryeye

I think Louie will get bored with Carol if she doesn't marry Christy.
    The chase is more exciting. I can see Yvonne and Louie getting together again. Great comedy as usual with Wayne. Give him more stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Why oh why do soaps persist with having the stag party on the night before the wedding?

Nobody does that anymore.

Glad Victor Burke came back as Wayne. Great actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Skitting at Louie crying!!

I

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

starryeye wrote: »
    I wonder if Bob saw Carol and Louie together in the park and saw Louie crying.

Of course he did

Poor Christy watching them

• Advertisement

I wonder if Christy and Carol will marry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

I thought Christy would have found his balls, sorry I mean pride when he was in Bermuda or where ever Hughie is. Maybe he will find them at the wedding service tomorrow ???

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

deelite wrote: »

I think it would be good for her. She's had a difficult six weeks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Why oh why do soaps persist with having the stag party on the night before the wedding?

Nobody does that anymore.

That's a good point. It hadn't occurred to me, but the last few stags I was at were all a safe distance from the wedding. I think people leave long enough these days for eyebrows to grow back, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

I wish FC had done an "eastenders" on this story line weeks ago and cut it dead.
    Louie has been ruined for me. I used to be only behind Angel for Louie admiration. But there is nothing sexy about a vacum of talent. I had a friend over last night and the 3 of us (my OH was there) were in fits of laughing at Louis crying. I hope they dont put him in a story which challenges him again. He is not up to it.

It drives me insane that the bad actors feature constantly. Zumo, Louis, Neasa etc while the talented ones make fleeting appearances every now and again. In fairness, there are far more of them. So its not as if the writers have a small pool to draw from.

Eradicate wrote: »
    I wish FC had done an "eastenders" on this story line weeks ago and cut it dead.
    Louie has been ruined for me. I used to be only behind Angel for Louie admiration. But there is nothing sexy about a vacum of talent. I had a friend over last night and the 3 of us (my OH was there) were in fits of laughing at Louis crying. I hope they dont put him in a story which challenges him again. He is not up to it.

It drives me insane that the bad actors feature constantly. Zumo, Louis, Neasa etc while the talented ones make fleeting appearances every now and again. In fairness, there are far more of them. So its not as if the writers have a small pool to draw from.
    Great. I thought it was only me who thought Louie was a poor actor. Some people think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. This is the first "big" storyline he has had, and to quote Eamon Dunphy, " he has been found out". He really has shown his limitations. He is not capable of showing emotion, realistically. Whenever he cries or sobs, I cringe at the acting. There are much better actors than him in FC. Having Carol opposite him hasnt helped either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

For a while it was what will Christy or Carol do, now it's what Bob will do, he has a trick or two up his sleeve, im sure he will reveal all tonight.

Even though I love Louie, his crying scene was very poor and I think it was badly written, I don't think he acts the whole crying thing very well but I will let him off on that one ;)

I feel so sorry for Christy :(

I hope Christy grows a pair tonight and does the right thing.
    I think that, in a way, Christy is trying to buy Carols' love. Every day, he buys her jewellary, holidays e.t.c. I dont know anyone who buys their girlfriend or wife a gift every day. There is a fine line between generousity and trying to buy someones' affections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

max life wrote: »
    Great. I thought it was only me who thought Louie was a poor actor. Some people think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. This is the first "big" storyline he has had, and to quote Eamon Dunphy, " he has been found out". He really has shown his limitations. He is not capable of showing emotion, realistically. Whenever he cries or sobs, I cringe at the acting. There are much better actors than him in FC. Having Carol opposite him hasnt helped either.

LOL I was in the RTÉ canteen* and asked him about the canteen. He snapped at me "Of course its self service" I just replied back "Generally canteens have servers" he walked of before I could say "... especially during bird flew season". Perhaps he is a method actor!

*I have nothing to do with RTÉ just happened to be interviewing someone that morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement